The new teacher

Started by torioto, December 15, 2009, 01:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaira

Figuring that I'm alone, I pull my spare clothes out of my bag and start changing from my sweat pants and t into a denim skirt and purple tank top. I then stuff my other clothes back in my bag, keeping my black knee high boots on. I then sit back down and finish up some last minute homework and slip out the classroom door.
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

torioto

I see Alicia put her books down and look for something inside her bag. She takes out some clothes and starts changing into them. I almost have a heart attack! Alicia looked good completely dressed, but halfway there she looked even better. I almost forget that I am her teacher and that am older than everybody here. I look away standing against the wall. I stood looking through the mirror of a seemingly empty classroom to spy on a half-naked student risking getting caught by someone and lose my job. Why? I still don't know. I just feel a strange attraction towards this girl. What kind of attraction? I'm not sure, but no matter what kind of attraction I will not let it grow. For both of our sakes. The door opened interrupting my mental swirl of thoughts and Alice comes out of it. My eyes opened wide and scared of her accusing me for peeping her, and then I remember that I have the upper hand for being her teacher and that she was breaking the rules by changing in a public place. My frightened face recomposes into my usual serious and confident one and I look at her indifferently.
"Good morning again señorita Olsen" And I walk to my next class.

Keaira

I duck my head and cover my face, hoping not to get caught. "Senor Rios por favor, no esta que- it's not what it looks like. I'm sorry.. Good morning again to you too."
I am blushing uncontrollably and scared to death of what may happen if he says anything. My heart is racing at the mere thought of him possibly seeing me. She couldn't help but wonder if he did see, what he thought, but more importantly of what he will do. I knew her attraction to him was something that needed to stop. Even though there wasn't a large age difference he was still a teacher.
"God I need to get myself under control." I say under my breath, running out of the building and off campus.
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

torioto

I spend the whole day wondering what happened to Alice. I actually went to eat at the teachers lounge and spent some time with other teachers. I told them about Alice and they told me that she was cutting class lately.

torioto

Though I didn't tell them about the incident in the empty room.

Keaira

Alicia had gone to "work" for a couple hours. She knew she had to be careful because sooner or later someone would start asking questions as to why she wasn't attending the majority of her classes. When she finished got a ride back to school, where she went back to the same unused classroom to change back into her normal clothes. This time though she pulled her T over the tank top and pulled her sweats on before taking off her skirt, she didn't want anyone to get caught without anything on, if someone were to catch her.

Alicia packed her clothes into her bag and walked through the building, passing Rios' classroom as she headed to her Chemistry class.
Oh's and No's

Keaira

When classes ended I went to my room to get my work out clothes and sneakers. I grab a couple granola bars and a bottled water before going to the gym on campus for teachers and students.
I put on my headphones on as I get on a treadmill and start running. It always helped me clear my head and that's just what I needed today. For some reason I can't get him out of my head and their conversation in class seemed like there was more to what he said.
"Who am I kidding he's a teacher, get a grip Ali, way out of your league." I say so myself, turning the speed up and taking a small sip of water.
Oh's and No's

torioto

I sit at the small desk of my room. I have a lot of students to analyze. After correcting all of the fake letters I realize that there is an average of 20% that know the principle basics of the language. Alicia is in those numbers...

I had read and re-read the letter, somehow obsessed in finding out who she was. Not because of the hearts she drew for me, but because of a single tell-tale line.

"...I look forward to coming to your class todos los dias..."

She had been absent in most of the other teachers classes, as far as he had investigated. Why would she care about a second language, a non-important elective class in comparison to the others, when she was not attending others? All that added to the fact that he parents were strict with her grades.

I realized then, as I look over to the red dots of my alarm clock over the stockpile of papers, that I had spent an hour and a half thinking about Alicia. I realized most of the things she wrote most possibly were made up at the moment to fill in the paper and be on her way to whatever she did in her non-free free time.

I went to bed convincing myself, or at least trying, that I was worried about my students education.

Keaira

I had stayed at the gym three hours longer than I usually would. Normally running on the treadmill and working out out helped to clear my mind and get my emotions in check. For some reason everything I did made me think of him and his class.
It was never much her choice what classes she took, but the Spanish language always captivated me and it was impossible to ignore it. Something about the sound of the words and how almost anything sounded romantic made her mind spin. These feelings drove me into wanting to know the meaning behind the words and be able to speak it myself.
I left the gym feeling entirely worn out and confused. There were only a few hours left before I would need to be awake for professor Rios' class and I still had an English paper to write as well as a chemistry lab. I took a quick shower and sat at my desk with my laptop and started getting to work, soon falling asleep at the keyboard.
Oh's and No's

torioto

The next day, my third day at this school, was a bit more exciting than the past two. The students greeted me with the soon to be usual "Buenos días señor Rios" and I discussed the most usual grammatical and lexical errors in the mock letters they had written.

"...and as you may as well know spanish has been well endowed with the all complementing grammatical accents. When are they attributed señorita Olsen?" I ask suddenly looking right at the direction she is seated at.

Alicia looks tired, and somewhat busy, she has more papers on her desk than she should. I assume she hasn't slept much judging by the dark space under her usually bright eyes.

Keaira

"Lo siento senor Rios pero, yo no se." I responded, not looking up from the desk as I scribble something down on my papers. After a moment's pause I look up at you and smile weakly. "All I know is that accents are used to put emphasis on certain syllables. Sometimes in spanish a word can be spelled the same way, but depending on the placing of the accent, you have a different word. Por ejemplo, porque es "because" en ingles y por que, con an accent over the e" es "why" en ingles."

I hoped that answer would be enough for Senor Rios as I turn my attention back to the papers in front of me. I knew I had to show up to all my classes today to avoid detention, and to keep my grades up, but I knew that without this Chemistry lab done, passing would be next to impossible.
Oh's and No's

torioto

"Close enough" I said looking away not really wanting to show that I was studying her. "But to be sure all of you must hand in an essay due Monday that will tell me for sure you understand, and I hope no chemistry is mixed up in it. So In 1632 La Real Academia made sure..."
And so my lecture continued until the bell rang relieving the students from my torture.
"I have reviewed the fake letters and have them corrected, just in case you want to see how well, or how bad, you are standing. You may take them on your way out if you wish."
I waited for all for the students to take their papers. When I saw Alicia looking for hers looking rather hurried I told her to see me at my office at room L205. "My office hours are fro 3 to 6." I dismissed her not wanting to explain what was the problem at the moment, then, when the classroom was empty I left to my next classroom.

Keaira

I looked at Professor curiously, stuffing my papers and notes into my bag. "What on earth could I have done now? The one class i try and do my best i have my teacher wanting to see me in his office." I thought to myself as I sigh and rush out the classroom, "I'll be there as soon as I can after classes."

I am too frustrated to pay attention during the rest of my classes and just take my notes and assignment notes. Around 3 I go to my dorm to drop off my books and grab my gym bag before heading to room L205 and knock on the door. I feel nervous, but i have no idea why. Standing outside the door I take a deep breath before opening the door and slipping in. "You wanted to see me Señor Rios?" I say to him in almost a whisper.
Oh's and No's

torioto

My first visitor I think as I close my laptop, make sure I my shirt and hair look at it's best and turn around in my chair. "Oh yes please come in and have a seat" I say gesturing my hand towards a single empty seat in my, naturally, small office. I was lucky though, to have found an individual office for most language teachers get crammed together like sardines inside cubicle offices. I see the nervous face of my student and feel a little guilty for having her pass the trouble of coming here. I really wasn't even sure why I told her to come by. It must have been some sort of involuntary reaction. I tried to convince myself, again, that I was concerned about her studies. Not believable for someone who had barely known any of his students but the pretext would do for now.
"Please, don't worry. You haven't done anything wrong señorita Olsen. Though I trust you finished your work on time." I watch her with a practiced professional smile and wait until she sits down.

Keaira

I nod and sit in the empty chair, for some strange reason I am feeling self-conscious as I brush my hair away from my face. " Then why exactly did you ask to see me Señor Rios?" I say shoving my bag behind the chair. I haven't  started that assignment and I don't know if I will be able to do it. I think to myself, shifting uncomfortably.
Oh's and No's

torioto

"I like to be a very active teacher, Alicia, I like to stay in touch with all of my student and make sure that all of them are on the right track. Even though that might be a counselors job I am sure nobody is more suitable to keep an eye on their students than a teacher." I take out her paper from a deep drawer in my desk and look at it for a second. "The reason I asked you to address your letter to me was to know you better. Something tells me you are a very interesting student. Your letter is very good, yes, better than most. The average student barely don't even know how to say hello in spanish, and you managed to write most of it correctly." I hand the corrected paper over to Alicia. I is full of red markings, traducing the words that were left in english and correcting those that were misspelled. "Even so you must do better. I grade by individual involvement, and that means I may be a bit tougher on you than with others."

I look at her seriously now. "I understand you are not doing well on your classes lately, using your time for other purposes outside school bounds. I want you to know that whatever the case may be I can help you with whatever you need, as a teacher and as a counselor." As I said the words I realized how awkward they sound coming from someone who is barely older than she is. "And maybe even as a friend" I say smiling again.

Keaira

"Professor, I appreciate all this, and I do plan on succeeding in your class." I brush off his statement about my other classes and think for a few minutes. "My letter wasn't all that great to be honest. Everything I wrote was basic eighth grade Spanish."
Oh's and No's

torioto

"I know that señorita, but even so you do better than most. Apparently the school administration had a wrong eye for teachers... But ever since the new administration started things had gotten better isn't that right?" I noticed she forgot to comment about her absences but decide not to pursue the topic. "So, i'll see you on monday, if you need anything call me." I  gave her my personal number, just in case. "Don't give that number to anyone, if you ever need anything you can count on me. Anything at all."

Keaira

"Yes, the old dean and administration were far more concerned with appearances and extracurriculars to even focus slightly on academics. I'm just glad someone smartened up and decided to direct the school onto the right track."
I take his number and put it in my pocket. "Don't worry señor, your secret is safe with me. Wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea." I say with a wink. [i/] He's being so nice and caring. I might as well give him idea of where I go. [i/]
"How exactly do you know I'm not doing well in my other classes? And have been leaving school?"
I'm feeling defensive and shift in my seat. "I do leave school but what I do isn't much of a concern to you, is it?" I wasn't trying to be so rude and accusatory, but what I do once I leave the school grounds isn't something I'm proud of. In fact, if anyone were to know, I doubt I could handle the questions.

"Lo siento señor, I know you're only trying to help. Just- give me some time, por favor." I say to him with tears in my eyes, already regretting my actions.
Oh's and No's

torioto

Was she crying? I didn't want that on me, at least not yet. "Hey, hey don't worry about it. I'm not pressuring you to anything." I say with a half-panicked face. "I know about your absences simply because I saw you outside your classroom at class hours, and I assumed you left school grounds because you didn't have your uniform on." I forget to mention that at a moment she practically had nothing on.

"Please, don't worry about it. And since you do leave it no longer is my concern. I just want to help you. Remember that."
But that wink would be a memory that would tempt me for a long time.

Keaira

"Thank you señor, I really appreciate it. Again I'm sorry about my tone with you. I can get a little defensive. I know you're looking to help, and I hope that eventually I can open up to you and ask for your help." I say, wiping tears away. I can sense his sudden discomfort and decide it would be best to leave.
"Is it alright if I go now señor, I was hoping to go to the gym before I have to go finish my homework. You should go sometime, it's open to students and faculty." I stammer, words coming out of my mouth before I can even think about what I'm saying.
Oh's and No's

torioto

"I know there is, and I plan on going once I settle completely here. You may leave now, goodnight. Have a good workout."

Keaira

I smile and grab my bag from behind the chair before slowly standing up. "Thank you."

As soon as I close the door to his office I run to the gym, and do the same thing as I did the day before on the treadmill. Luckily I finished around my normal time, went back to my dorm, took a shower, and settled down to do homework. Once finished I went to bed, not even knowing the day of the week anymore.
Oh's and No's

torioto

So, there actually is something secret about her. Should I leave her alone? Or should I keep pressing on her? I didn't want to push her, she was apparently having a hard time.

I turn myself around on the desk chair and I open my laptop. I double click on one of the video clips resting on the desktop and I study it. I see the footage of the security video I hacked a few minutes ago, the one showing the entrance to the school grounds. I see Alicia, in a short skirt and a small tank top, wave to the school guard and wink at him. I couldn't see the school guard's face but something told me it was a horny, careless one. I wonder if he's allowed to let students leave just like that. I have found at least a dozen clips where I spot Alicia leave the grounds only to come back a few hours later.
Yes, I would be sure to investigate further. I hated having to wait for secrets.

I finish my work, and put my stuff inside my briefcase. I take a longer detour to my apartment, because I wanted to explore other ways to get to my destinations, when I see double doors With a plaque that read GYM on top. I couldn't help but look through the mirror again and see inside. A large room full of apparently new and complete training equipment could be seen. As she had said she would, Alicia was inside, riding the treadmill by the end wall of the room.

"Liking the installations I see"
Suddenly I jumped in surprise. I turn to see a professional looking young woman in glasses.
"Ah, I surely do señorita Sera" Victoria Sera was the his boss, the principal of the school.

"I'm glad you do though this gym wasn't my idea, that was supposed to be a new chemistry lab, the last wrong decision old Mr. Santana made before retiring. But please, can we have a walk?"

She wanted to make sure I was getting used to the school and if everything was ok. We walked around for some minutes talking. "I am very glad to have found a teacher like you, though It's a shame I couldn't find you sooner by the start of the semester. Piece by piece I plan to make this school a very prestigious one, and you will be part of it."

I didn't understand her passion but I respected her for it. "I am very impressed with everything here señorita Sera, It's a very big school. The apartments are splendid and I find everything I need. I assure you I will do my best."

A few hundred meters away I could see Alicia walking towards the dorms and I couldn't help but to follow her with my gaze for some seconds.

"I was wondering, señorita, are the students allowed to leave the school grounds whenever they want?"

"Our last spanish teacher was fired because he was accused of sexual harassment by a student here" She told me with a serious face as I look towards the dorms. "I hope you don't follow his steps."

"Nothing of the sort I assure you." I replied automatically.

"The students must be authorized by me to leave. This is a very prestigious school and the student's parents trust that their students are safe while they are away from their homes. Why do you ask?"

"No reason really, I'm just curious about this place. Really, I think it's just wonderful."

I went back to my apartment and prepared to go to sleep. Tomorrow, Saturday, somehow, I would try to find out more about my mysterious student.
That night she haunted my dreams again.

Keaira

I was completely exhausted when I left the gym so as soon as I got to my dorm I took a shower then went to bed. My night was filled with nightmares and dreams of him. I wasn't sure why I couldn't get him out of my head. Was it because he cared? Or was it because I found him attractive? Even the images of him talking to Ms. Sera bothered me. Hopefully she didn't tell him about that last spanish teacher.
He had followed her a few times when she left the grounds and used it to his advantage when she was getting extra help. He had threatened to expose her secret and get her expelled if I didn't let him have his way. Out of fear I let him, until it went to far, luckily when I told someone about what he was doing, he never said a word and because of that my secret was still safe.
I couldn't help but worry that if Professor Rios found out, he would do the same thing, or just tell Sera without any warning.
I guess only time would tell and tomorrow, I was going to skip work and just stay in my dorm. My dad would probably have a fit, but it's worth the risk. It's not like he can manage without me, considering I am his one and only little girl.
Oh's and No's