News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dark Heresy 2e Interest Check: A Galaxy Ablaze

Started by ShadowFox89, June 01, 2015, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Name: Sotiria Enyo
Home World: Feudal
Background: Adepta Sororitas
Role: Sage
Divination: Only in death does duty end.

Trying for a Scholastic Knight sort.

ShadowFox89

I think I can safely say I have some interest now!

I'd like to see backgrounds and personalities next. Don't worry about sheets for now.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

Name: Skitarii unit 83-R7 nicknamed 'BERT'
Home World: FORGE WORLD
Background: Adeptus mechanicus (for the autogun and monotack servoskull)
Role: Warrior
Divination: The wise learn from the deaths of others possibly from inbuilt combat recordings?

Personality: 83-R7 is a quiet calculating individual. Often taking time to analyse a situation before acting or adding his opinion to a discussion, sometimes after the discussion has moved on to other points. An oddity amongst mand mechanicus affiliates. 87-R7 has opted to not become as psychologically numbed as others of his kind. As such he has developed a dry humour. Often at the expense of other "softer" beings.

Background: 83-R7 doesn't know much about his life before what could loosely be called "career" in the Skitarii legions of Rhodin IV. It is highly likely that he is either a vat grown clone or mind scrubbed serf. But to his origins, he has little care. Raised into the skitarii as a response to defend the forgeworld should an Ork resurgence emerge. Being created by a Tech-priest who "flexed" the rules to limit the personality removal of his charges. Believing that it would allow more tactical flexibility on the battlefield than "standard" skitarii warriors who would work to a pre-set of orders and would become confused with the chaotic tactics of orks and other less disciplined enemies.
Adept at leading squads and fighting in urban and hive environments. 87-RT was "loaned" to an inquisitor for an indeterminate amount of time. A fact that 87-RT has taken with stride. In his mind, an opportunity to smite the Omnissiahs foes and potentially discover missing archeotech.
During his secondment as an acolyte, 87-RT worked with a young hive ganger girl, miss reading his cog-tag started calling him "BERT". A fact that he allowed as it saves precious seconds of time. Which could mean life or death in a fire fight.

Premier

Name: Aracelis "Ace" Pentti
Home World: Frontier World
Background: Adeptus Arbites
Role: Seeker
Divination: Suffering is the unrelenting instructor

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: Light-hearted and always in good cheer, Aracelis loves the chase and getting to show off her smarts and quick wits. She believes in results, not playing it by the book and for a cop she can be downright criminal at times.

Background: Aracelis Pentti has noble blood, coming from a distinguished family of cutthroats, smugglers and thieves. Her family's wealth was built upon the suffering of others and while her family pushed her into the local law enforcement so they'd have more family on the inside but the whole arrangement didn't set well with Aracelis at all, who pushed to get herself promoted to Arbites training and since an Arbites cannot serve on their home world she got the first ship out of there the moment she could. Her family wasn't willing to let go so easily though, she was expected to represent her blood regardless of her own wishes and this drove her further and further away from the civilized areas of space until she finally found solace in the frontier, where no one much cares who you are as long as you don't cause trouble.

Unfortunately, Aracelis likes causing trouble.

Working as a Tracer to hunt down scum hiding out in the planets not often glanced upon by imperial law she learned how to bring the Emperor's justice to places where the Emperor's name didn't hold much respect. Quick wits, a clever tongue, pinball smile and a talent for violence (It's a family trait) has kept her alive where stuffier Arbites would have died. The Inquisition finally took note of her when the Arbites told them of a girl who kept sending them criminals with most of the pieces still attached and disturbing reports from planets way beyond the usual jurisdictions. Her talent for finding people and getting them to spill their secrets is something the inquisition has a use for. Though she likes to claim that she's the only Arbites with a sense of humor and the Inquisition likes to collect rare breeds.

TheFourthShade

Name:           Trixalla 'Trix' (no known last name, former alias)
Home World: Hive World
Background: Adeptus Ministorum
Role:           Mystic
Divination:  Innocence is an illusion. (86)

At 2015-06-08 14:24:57, TheFourthShade (uid: 55451) rolls: 1d100 Result: 86

Personality: Thoroughly pious and believing in the Imperial Creed, Trixalla considers herself guided by the Emperor and charged with a duty above and beyond most psykers.  Though not outwardly arrogant, she believes that she has a higher purpose that can only be achieved through her hardest efforts and by the Grace of the Emperor.  To that end, she believes that her psychic powers are a boon that allow her to play a role when her skill at arms is simply not enough.

General Appearance: Trixalla is a lithe and tan skinned young woman with a completely bare head and plain street clothes.  Her green eyes stare out at the world with an understanding most lack.  She is blessed with a modest figure despite her complete lack of hair.  She wears a flak vest over her torso and a large revolver on her right hip.

Background
Trix didn't have a name when she was born.  In fact, she was kind of lucky to get to live in the first place.  In the Cavern Hives of Duralia, child soldiers were a common thing and many children were trained to death in the lower levels.  After all, the Hive itself was coming apart and she was on the wrong side.  She was lucky enough to be known as 'Trix', since she was a crafty fighter for one so young and often won training bouts through deception and skillfully applied skill at arms.  She was one of the lucky ones of her platoon, though.  She was the youngest, and she was standing in back.  The autogun fire that shredded a lot of her comrades left her mercifully alive and painfully wounded, and she managed to take cover in a nearby rock formation.  She prayed that the Emperor might spare her.

When the loyalists were driven back, the traitors recovered her...and she understood.  She knew she had been given a chance by the God Emperor that the leaders of the uprising spoke so poorly of.

Her injury kept her from the field of battle, where she was put to use instructing new recruits.  It was ultimately having to train children that broke her, and set her to sneak off one day.

It did not matter to her that she would likely die in the journey, getting caught by the traitors, or by getting caught on her arrival.  The Emperor would carry her to His side.

She slipped out at night.  In the darkness of the lower levels of the cavern hive, she was sure she would die.  To hear her tell the tale, the Emperor guided her along the way.  The truth of the matter depends on who you ask.  Of course, she's smart enough now that she's older to never tell the tale quite that way.  To say the Emperor guided you specifically invites the wrong sort of attention.

Managing to escape to what her people knew as the 'upper levels' of the Hive, the poor child stumbled into a camp set up for the care of the loyalist forces and collapsed promptly.

The Ecclesiarchy helped care for her, and it was that day that she knew that The Emperor had guided her all of this time.  She did her best to prove herself as a young Novitiate, and she did not tell anyone that she felt that the Emperor spoke just to her.  Killing was in her blood by that point, and that served her well.  When another Novitiate was accused of heresy, he lashed out with a hidden blade with great fury.

Trix took his blade from him and killed him with such savagery that there was little doubt of her hatred of heretics.  Her display impressed a member of the church who knew that the Duralian faithful needed a group of skillful killers to ensure that those who would hunt the preachers would be cowed by the thought of those shadowy guardians of the faithful.  She was taken aside and given what was referred to as a sacred calling: to hunt traitors and heretics in his name.

Her training progressed in earnest, and she was barely a woman when she was first sent out to hunt alone.  She kept getting terrible feelings about the whole affair, but she could not have known about the ambush...or the uncontrolled power that came forth as the bullets started flying.

The room chilled for an instant, before the air filled with a horrid screeching.  The distraction proved useful for surviving, but it drew in the hunters from the Black Ship.  They caught her when she commenced her second mission.

The feelings of dread she felt paled in comparison to the years of suffering in training.

However, she saw this too as a test from the Emperor and she faced it with faith that she would get through it in His name.

There were many days where she questioned herself, and many days where she feared that she would break like so many others...but she refused to give in.  She thought of the days on Duralia, and feared for those who she would let down if she gave in.  The traitors to the Imperium and the heretics who would undermine it had killed so many while opposing His righteous ways...

When she completed her Sanctioning, she was pressed into the service of a noble family.  The experience was...strange, to say the least.  They seemed so vicious, so elegant, and yet so foolish.  They had everything but still fought so viciously for more.  More over, they alternated between leering at her, drunkenly (or worse!) asking her to do tricks, and almost treating her like a member of their strange family!

It was there that she was given the name Trixalla, though many acts of debauchery and drug abuse often led to her being called Trix or Trixi by a lusty lordling...

Needless to say, she was almost grateful when she noticed that their abuses of power went far beyond simple drug abuse or greed.  The eldest son, the one who always called her Trixi and drunkenly slurred his requests for the most strange of deeds in the bedroom, let slip his heresy to her one night when he thought she was asleep.

She laid there, pretending to sleep but resting on the edge of consciousness, until he slipped off to sleep.  So disturbed was she that she fled that very night to inform the Ecclesiarchy of her knowledge.  She knew they would likely doubt her or even slay her, but she had to try.

It was certainly her good luck, then, that she ran into an agent of an Inquisitor, and life was never quite the same for her or that Hive...

Landshark

Id love to get in on this. I no longer have any of my books though except my Deathwatch books which do me no good here :P

There were alternate paths for reliquary agents or some such (Basically Warehouse 13 agents.) That would be cool.

Baalborn87

The DH2nd ed has rules for converting 1st ed charters

Pumpkin Seeds

Name: Sotiria Enyo
Home World: Feudal
Background: Adepta Sororitas
Role: Sage
Divination: Only in death does duty end.

History

Personality

Work in Progress

ChaoticSky

Hey Shadow, which of mine do you want me to write up? Mind, i can do the other one later if you want that one, but is there either youd rather see a blurb for?

Baalborn87

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Landshark

Umm how many players are we looking at currently and if theres a spot left would someone be willing to help me with character creation? I no longer have the books and the ones i have digital are first ed.

Baalborn87

<snip>

~Legal download links only, as per Rule 5 (Staff)

Baalborn87

ShadowFox89

So far we have three backgrounds complete, plus PumpkinSeed's work in progress. I'd like at least one more to make a balanced party, perhaps a medic.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

If needs be. I can look into taking medicae when i come to spend my initial xp.

Annaamarth

I'd be interested in bringing in a thing.  I have a very particular idea that would be appropriate for an NCIS: Calixis game.  Or a Blacklist40k game.
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

De Leon

If there is still room, I would love to bring my Vostroyan Guardsmen in. I could not post before as I just got approved (Yey!)
Responce Time: AaAaAaAaAaAa!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Availability: Open & Seeking RP!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RP prompts / Profile / Os & Os

Premier

Character Sheet

Picture

DH CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Aracelis "Ace" Pentti
Height: 5’ 6”
Homeworld: Gormanghast. But left behind to travel (Frontier World )
Background: Adeptus Arbites
Role: Seeker
Divination: Suffering is an unrelenting instructor (Reduce her Toughness characteristic by 3. The first time she suffers any damage each session, she gains a +20 bonus to the next test he
makes before the end of his next turn.)

Characteristics

WS:  39
BS:    50
S:      35
T:       34
Ag:    38
Int:    33
Per:   45
WP:   40
Fel:    42
Inf:    36

Fate Threshold: 3
Wounds: 8/8

Equipment:

2 Stun Grenades
Sniper Rifle w/ Manstopper
Shotgun
Enforcer light carapace armor (5 All)
3 doses of stimm
Manacles
12 lho sticks

Talents:

Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)
Keen Intuition (After failing an Awareness skill test, the character can re-roll the test with a –10 modifier.)
Nowhere to Hide (When she damages cover the character adds his degrees of success from the attack to the reduction of the cover’s Armour value. If using a weapon that does not require a skill test, he adds 1 instead.)

Skills:

Awareness (Perception)
Charm (Fellowship)
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Underworld)
Inquiry (Perception)
Intimidate (Strength)
Scrutiny (Perception)
Security (Intelligence)
Tech-Use (Intelligence)
Trade (Armorer)

Aptitudes

Ballistic Skill
Offense
Fellowship
Intelligence
Perception
Social
Tech

Bonuses and misc

Frontier World: +20 bonus to tech use tests when applying personal weapon modifications, and a +10 bonus when repairing damaged items

Suffering is an unrelenting instructor: The first time she suffers any damage each session, she gains a +20 bonus to the next test he
makes before the end of his next turn.

The Face of the Law: An Arbitrator can re-roll any Intimidation and Interrogation test, and can substitute his Willpower bonus for her degrees of success on these tests

Nothing Escapes My Sight: May spend a Fate point to automatically succeed at an Awareness or Inquiry skill test with a number of degrees of success equal to her Perception bonus.

XP Tracking

+1000 starting
-100 Fellowship Simple Advance
-200 Nowhere to hide
-100 Charm
-100 Tech Use
-100 Security
-100 Trade (Armorer)
-250 Ballistic Skill

50 left

Backstory:

Aracelis Pentti has noble blood, coming from a distinguished family of cutthroats, smugglers and thieves. Her family's wealth was built upon the suffering of others and while her family pushed her into the local law enforcement so they'd have more family on the inside but the whole arrangement didn't set well with Aracelis at all, who pushed to get herself promoted to Arbites training and since an Arbites cannot serve on their home world she got the first ship out of there the moment she could. Her family wasn't willing to let go so easily though, she was expected to represent her blood regardless of her own wishes and this drove her further and further away from the civilized areas of space until she finally found solace in the frontier, where no one much cares who you are as long as you don't cause trouble.

Unfortunately, Aracelis likes causing trouble.

Working as a Tracer to hunt down scum hiding out in the planets not often glanced upon by imperial law she learned how to bring the Emperor's justice to places where the Emperor's name didn't hold much respect. Quick wits, a clever tongue, pinball smile and a talent for violence (It's a family trait) has kept her alive where stuffier Arbites would have died. The Inquisition finally took note of her when the Arbites told them of a girl who kept sending them criminals with most of the pieces still attached and disturbing reports from planets way beyond the usual jurisdictions. Her talent for finding people and getting them to spill their secrets is something the inquisition has a use for. Though she likes to claim that she's the only Arbites with a sense of humor and the Inquisition likes to collect rare breeds.

I rolled three 10's for Ballistic Skill. I think this lady wants to be a good shot.

TheFourthShade

Character Sheet

Name: TRixalla, aka Trix
Height: 5’ 8”
Homeworld:  Durallia (Hiveworld)
Background: Adeptus Ministorum
Role:    Mystic
Divination: Innocence is an Illusion (Gain Keen Intuition)

Characteristics

WS:   42
BS:    44
S:      35
T:      31
Ag:    43
Int:    41
Per:   42
WP:   39 (x)
Fel:    33
Inf:    28

Fate Threshold: 2
Wounds: 12/12

Equipment:

Psykana Mercy Blade (1d5+4 (Including SB) Pen 2, Best Craftmanship +10 to weapon skill Tests, Mono, Razor Sharp)
Flak Vest (3 AP to Body, +1 AP against Blasts when not on origin square)
Hand Cannon (1d10+4, Pen 2, Ammo 5/5, Reload 2 Full, Range 35m.  Needs both hands or take a penalty to accuracy.)
Hand Flamer  (1d10+4, Pen 2, Ammo 2/2, Reload 2 Full, Range 10m, Flame, Spray)

Talents:
Warp Sense
Weapon Training (Solid Projectile, Low Tech)
Keen Intuition (After failing an Awareness skill test, the character can re-roll the test with a –10 modifier.)

Skills (All Trained unless listed otherwise)

Charm
Command
Common Lore
-Adeptus Ministorum
Linguistics
-High Gothic
Psyniscience
Scrutiny
Stealth

Aptitudes

Perception
Social
Defense
Intelligence
Knowledge
Willpower
Weapon Skill
Psyker

Psychic Powers
Telekinetic Control
Telepathic Link

Bonuses and misc
Teeming Masses in Metal Mountains (Ignore Crowds, +20 to navigate in enclosed areas)
Faith is All (Can spend a Fate point to add +20 to a test instead of +10)
Stare Into the Warp (Gain the Psyker Advance)
Sanctioning (Paid 300 XP for Sanctioning)

XP Tracking

Total XP Acquired: 1000
XP SPent               1000
XP Banked              000
====================
WP I                       100
Psyniscience           100
Telepathic Link        100
Telekinetic Control  100
Sanctioning            300
Stealth Trained       300

Pumpkin Seeds

Sorry I've been silent.  Just real busy.  Will get something up soon I hope.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 28, 2015, 07:34:08 PM
So far we have three backgrounds complete, plus PumpkinSeed's work in progress. I'd like at least one more to make a balanced party, perhaps a medic.
Question, would you allow the Black Crusade version of Biomancy? Its more useful for healing.. and fighting, and utility. Would allow my proposed psyker to make a good healer while still being useful elsewhere. (Kinda ironic, the BC version of pyromancy is a joke, while the DH2 one is great, and its the other way around with Biomancy)

Baalborn87

Personality: 83-R7 is a quiet calculating individual. Often taking time to analyse a situation before acting or adding his opinion to a discussion, sometimes after the discussion has moved on to other points. An oddity amongst mand mechanicus affiliates. 87-R7 has opted to not become as psychologically numbed as others of his kind. As such he has developed a dry humour. Often at the expense of other "softer" beings.

Background: 83-R7 doesn't know much about his life before what could loosely be called "career" in the Skitarii legions of Rhodin IV. It is highly likely that he is either a vat grown clone or mind scrubbed serf. But to his origins, he has little care. Raised into the skitarii as a response to defend the forgeworld should an Ork resurgence emerge. Being created by a Tech-priest who "flexed" the rules to limit the personality removal of his charges. Believing that it would allow more tactical flexibility on the battlefield than "standard" skitarii warriors who would work to a pre-set of orders and would become confused with the chaotic tactics of orks and other less disciplined enemies.
Adept at leading squads and fighting in urban and hive environments. 87-RT was "loaned" to an inquisitor for an indeterminate amount of time. A fact that 87-RT has taken with stride. In his mind, an opportunity to smite the Omnissiahs foes and potentially discover missing archeotech.
During his secondment as an acolyte, 87-RT worked with a young hive ganger girl, miss reading his cog-tag started calling him "BERT". A fact that he allowed as it saves precious seconds of time. Which could mean life or death in a fire fight.

Character Sheet

Height: 5'9"
Homeworld:   FORGE WORLD Rhodin IV
Background: Adeptus Mechanicus
Role: Warrior
Divination: The wise learn from the deaths of others Increase the characters Agility (this one) or Intelligence by 3. Reduce his Weapon Skill (this one) or Ballistic Skill by 2 instead.

Characteristics:

WS: 31
BS: 39
S: 41
T: 45
AG: 36 (+20 due to bionic legs)
INT: 46
PER: 45
WP: 30
FEL: 26
INF: 32

Fate Threshold: 3
Wounds: 13/13

Equipment:

Autogun (Baisic 100m S/3/10 1d10+3I Pen0 Clip30 Rld Ful)
Monotask servo-skull (Utility) "Counts as multi-tool"
Imperial Robes (1 AP Arms, Body, Legs)
2 Vials of Sacred Unguents
(Items "bought" with influence)
Good craftsmanship Bionic legs (+20 to Agility tests, gain Sprint)
Subskin armour (+2 AP to Arms,Body,Legs which stacks with armour)
Photo-visor contacts. (gain darksight)
Homeworld Memento
Plasteel Marble (kept in a small leather bag round his neck)
Background Memento
Tiny Hand-Gyroscop (  ??? )
Talents:
Mechendrate Use (Utility)
Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)
Weapon-tech
Rapid Reload
Sprint

Skills
Awareness
Athletics
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Dodge
Logic
Security
Tech-use
Medicae

Aptitudes
Tech
Intelligence
Ballistic Skill
Defenece
Offence
Strength
Weapon Skill

Traits:
Mechanicus Implants (Cranial Circuitry, Cyber-mantle, Electro-graft, Electoo Inductors, Potentia Coil)

Bonuses and misc
Omnissiahs Chosen A forge world character starts with Either Technical knock or Weapon-tech talent
Replace the Weak Flesh An Adeptus Mechanicus character counts the Availability of all cybernetics as two levels more available (Rare items counts as Average, Very Rare as Scarce etc.)
Expert at Violence In addition to the normal uses of Fate Points, after making a successful attack test, but before determining hits, a Warrior may spend a Fate point to substitute his Weapon Skill (for melee) or Ballistic Skill (for ranged) bonus for the degree of success scored on the attack test.

XP Tracking

Total XP Acquired: 1000
XP SPent                1000
XP Banked                0
====================
+5 toughness (250xp)
+5 Int (250 xp)
Dodge (200xp)
Athletics (100xp)
Medicae (200xp)

PS. Massive thanks to whoever laid out this character template.

Premier

Quote from: Baalborn87 on July 05, 2015, 05:11:43 PM
PS. Massive thanks to whoever laid out this character template.

No problem! I am very keen for this. Yes indeed.

I got the supplements last night too, will give 'em a read after work and see if I need to jiggle anything on my sheet.

Baalborn87

Incidently. Despite being a walking toaster. "bert" is agile as f**k!