Desire and Dreams from Kingdom of Volt, Boys against Girls (Pathfinder, PvP)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 09, 2014, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Those who are familiar with the Kedakaki Seijo wa Hakudaku ni Somaru hentai series, the below is mere introduction to those who are unfamiliar with it and is filled with fluff to explain things in detail.

Several centuries a holy kingdom which was under matriarchy reign fought against demons and devils which attempted invade through a open portals in north onto the world. They were vanguard of the world to protect against invasion of fiends and they had done so well for centuries. However they desired a lasting peace. Thus the three female rulers, Origa Discordia, Celestine Lucullus and Prim Fiorire decided to send Volt, a skilled mercenary captain who leads a crack squad of veteran warriors. Send him deep behind enemy lines and seeking to disable the persistent gate there and was given even artifact to do so.

However, something happened in there which changed once renowned and respected mercenary into craven conqueror. He returned back from the front lines which still had fiends....and led sneak assault on first outpost which was led by dark elf ruler Origa Discordia. Thanks dark magic Origa Discordia could keep fiends at bay and not progress past her kingdom which was shrouded in constant twilight where moon eternally shined in deep crimson color because of her magic. But even her magic does not last forever so she needed defend the outpost by militia force as well albeit her forces were smallest in size between other rulers. Volt firstly defiled and broke Origa's top lieutenant, Cloe, with ogres. As means to try upset her mental focus.

However this failed as despite intimate telepathic link she shared with Cloe, Origa was unphased by cruelties inflicted on her lieutenant and so Volt had attempt break her also. However Origa destroyed ogres before they could act but was drained with all magic expect magical seal which she had placed on her skin which prevented seed entering her womb. As the key keeping the warding magic in kingdom she had to retain her constant mental focus and she only looses it if she gets pregnant and filled with cum. However Volt figured a way out from her seal thanks using his own wizard to dispel it and thus Origa Discordia was defiled by humans and thus barrier in her land was broken. So thus Volt's forces got empowered by having fiends working in his army.

In kingdom led by Prim Fiorire she had pair of powerful champions, Alicia Arctours and Ruu Ruu. Ruu Ruu led a strong defensive fort which Volt had hard time breaking in but he eventually did and made the fierce Ruu Ruu pay ruthless heavily price for lives she slew from Volt's army. In the capital Alicia Arctours and Prim Fiorire witnessed how their city was burned and pillaged but their castle defenses stood strong, but after witnessing mass rape of nuns by fiends, they surrendered in terms sparing their population from fiendish abuse. However it did not spare their royal guard from abuse nor it did spare Alicia Arctours raped by traitor advisor who opened city gates for army nor queen Prim Fiorire done in by Volt himself.

This point Volt had two of the third land under his control and so thus he turned upon even his own female soldiers who had remained loyal thinking they will be spared from brutality done to their enemies. But they were wrong as this point Volt made it publicly known that he sought to create a new kingdom, a kingdom of men where women were property of the men as new law! Declared by the new patron deity of the country; Asmodeus. This point a foreign priestess Kaguya entered into picture. She had unorthodox divine ritual used on herself which prevented vaginal penetration but allowed anal but her anal provided ultimate bliss to anyone who used it....and upon experiencing it dies in doing so. Her gambit was to taunt Volt to try claim her virginity and be killed by her divinely blessed ass. However Volt was too smart to fall for it, thus made Kaguya raped by two demons same time to overcome the special divine barrier. Later then claiming her himself.

The last kingdom, the capital, held ground until betrayed also whiting (by a male champion of the city no less), last defender and champion of the queen Claudia Levantain, was fell in battle by the same betrayer who later raped her in castle dungeons and forcibly made her mother of his children. Front of her husband no less and rapist being her father-in-law who had always despised his own son.

With no other choice given, the last queen Celestine Lucullus declared kingdom defeated and surrendered whatever remained under Volt's control to avoid any further bloodshed and future rebellions which may had been done under her name if she had not done so. She was publicly raped by Volt and gangraped by her own subjects as part of her declaration at birth of Kingdom of Volt.

As part of this declaration across the country there was countless orgies to be had with all conquered women who were taught their new proper place in coming months and celebrations lasted entire year. At the end while Celestine Lucullus invoked a divine blessing of the gods upon Volt's kingdom, Volt declared;

"My conquest is not done, there is yet horizons I haven't conquered yet and they are awaiting to become part of Kingdom of Volt!"

Okay, now comes actual pathfinder game info after you got through the above intro. There has been full decade (20 years) above mentioned events. Volt is still king even if aging one and he has entire time build his forces and stabilized his kingdom and also scouted other countries and horizons to conquer. However because pact of Asmodeus he cannot leave the country which he has conquered, so he cannot personally lead the troops which had been main strength so far in the past campaign. Also after he conquered the land the demons became active and he had to battle them until he sealed the gate in north which led to abyss but the hellgate still stands (and has according rumors stored said artifact somewhere safe in case Asmodeus turns on him or something).

So part of this he has trained and raised and prepared from amongst the children of the new generation or from his old soldiers the coming new generals for his conquest army. He has purposefully led girls born from slave women's loins get no education and no skill at anything besides breeding women based on beauty and health and other good genes. Uneducated (unable to read and write) the new generation of slave girls fill the kingdom and had been taught since childhood accept it as fact that they are lesser to men and thus they are property to them. Teach obedience with whip if firm words and commands are not enough and any rebels are executed immediately (both male and female).

Other kingdoms are now aware of Kingdom of Volt and those not aligned for his goals are preparing their defenses and considering two cities fell by betrayal of trusted male personnel, it has resulted men to be placed less important roles and tasks and all important ones being held by women alone. There has been major upheaval in countries which had been governed by men and women alongside just fine before (so thus delayed any defense preparations and any attempts to form invasion force to Kingdom of Volt).

So game premise is four to six male characters (presenting Kingdom of Volt) versus four to six female characters (who present other kingdoms). So a PvP based game between eight to twelve players. As from above it should be obvious what happens when women loose, but it's up to women decide what they do if they happen to win. Now below come char gen rules;

Stats/HP: 25, max HD every level
Starting level&wealth: 12
Allowed classes: All core, base and alternate classes.
Allowed races: Any at 15 RP or less. No warforged and can also make custom races if you want (devil races encouraged for Volt's side).
Allowed sources: Anything at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ minus limits what are mentioned above already. Psionics are allowed and fire arms are uncommon but possible in some kingdoms.
House Rules: Landlord feat is allowed (and entire stronghold builder's guide) but instead using your character level it uses your leadership score to determine funds you get to spend on stronghold. Note that if you spend own gold for stronghold, the sum listed to Allowance Funds Gained allows double the gold invested from PC gold up to indicated number (so at level 10 if you invest 25,000gp you get additional 25,000gp added in but if you add 40,000gp you get only additional 25,000gp added to stronghold funds). Any money spend for stronghold is not refunded back.

The above feat comes to great use for female players to build their forts and to male players when they wish build forts into other kingdoms (as they get to build no fort into Kingdom of Volt, Landlord feat presents support send by King Volt to build your fortress).

Leadership feat now provides only NPC class cohort and followers (prestige classes are allowed), cohort gets same stat generation as PC does but followers use standard array. Cohorts use heroic NPC wealth chart and followers basic wealth chart for their gear.
Charsheet: I advice use online one, up to your preference but I myself use http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php
Background: Your 12th level chars, so you are pretty famous by this point already. For every 4 levels you must describe a heroic deed (around 2 paragraphs long) what your known for. First one is known by proper knowledge DC 15 check, second one at DC 20 and third one at DC 25. Each deed must reveal your strong point and weak point at the time of indicated level (besides racial stuff). Weakness may be lack of AC (reckless fighter who got injured often) or low save (this fighter was known to succumb to enemy illusions). Strenght could be example fighter having power attack and related feats for it (the fighter was known for fierce blows which cleaved through foes and weapons at ease) or casting highest level spell which is commonly memorized or used (this wizard casted scorching fire beam). However later levels may had turned weakness away (like low level monk having less AC than higher level one or fighter taking wizard levels and becoming eldricth knight) but it must be mentioned that you had overcome your former weakness at that point in your life.

The above is just means allow both allies and enemies having chance to know your better. None the player chars have perfect immunity or anonymous reputations (even master of disguise will have a common nickname which he or she is known for even if exact identity is not). The male players can have deeds done outside or inside kingdom of Volt, but at least one deed must be related to kingdom of Volt and one which had ensured loyalty with King Volt to count you as reliable for his new conquest. Female players can have only deeds outside kingdom of Volt but they have total freedom to design the kingdoms they present (or even be queens of said kingdoms). Leadership is warmly recommended to get cohorts or troops to lead. All followers have levels in PC classes, however if you want double number of followers you can assign them to have NPC class levels instead.

Below is list of player chars in each side (note male players can play female chars and vice versa so side is not limited by player gender but by char gender);

Kingdom of Volt (male chars only)

Other Kingdoms (female chars only)

Char application formula (please use it thank you :) )

[url=CHARSHEET URL ADDRESS HERE][b][size=14pt]CHAR NAME[/size][/b][/url]
[float=left][/img height=300][/img][/float][b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class(es):[/b]
[spoiler=Biography]All fluff written here, including personality and such[/spoiler]

Ghostwheel

Pondering a male character... how do you feel about evil characters? Thinking perhaps Antipaladin :-D

Zaer Darkwail

Evil chars are ideal for male char side ;-) but women also can be evil aligned (they just do not want become slaves after all).

Ershin

Registering interest, how long do we have to get an application up? There's just so many options to choose from in Pathfinder I'm having a hard time deciding

Zaer Darkwail

My aim would be around a week (ideally) but I will wait until both sides have 4 players at least (and if male side gets 6 guys while 4 gals are in other then I may generate NPC's fill those missing spots albeit would prefer players fill those).

Kaliatas

ShadowFox89

I'd be interested if I can use the Path of War (which just recently got put up on the SRD). I talk frequently with one of the writers for that particular book.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Nvm, found it; http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war

So Book of Nine Swords for Pathfinder? Well, I have always liked the maneuver system and the martial adept classes. As said, if something can be found in http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home (even if not full reveal of stuff has not been done in link above), it's allowed.

ShadowFox89

One of the classes has yet to be put on the srd, which isn't he stalker and the one I'm interested in using.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MiraMirror

Maybe...possibly interested?  I don't know, but I'll be thinking of characters for the F side.  Why do you have to keep coming up with good ideas, Zaer? >:'c
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Zaer Darkwail

I just have lots good ideas, can't help it :P. Anyways so far only few have shown interest (hope more show up in weekend). I may extend recruitment another week if numbers keep low though.

avorae

I am possibly interested for a female role. Not sure what class as of yet though.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Kaliatas

Okay, so I made a first run at a back story and character although I haven't separated them out into events for knowledge DCs. I've yet to build a stronghold (Really looking forward to designing a magic fortress) or detail any followers as I wanted to run what I have by you before I go any further. I tried to kinda min max her in a fairly non broken way as. Although her spells should be crazy strong, 60hp is gonna put her out of a fight real fast :). A true blue glasscannon. It's actually her high charisma that gives me pause, as it knocks my leadership and in turn my stronghold level through the roof. I'm happy to take a penalty if that would even things out. Or I can just spend all that extra stronghold cash on fun nonsense like a talking garden :).

I included her race info under Other notes.

Yysara
Race:Half Nymph Half Succubus
Class:Sorcerer (Infernal Bloodline)
Biography
Yysara was born of the Nymph Ellaria and the Succubus Jeleza. Although both species are known for their fertility, neither expected Ellaria to soon be with child a few weeks after their coupling. Although both of her mothers had given birth before, neither had experience with actually raising a child, that tended to be the job of whatever mortal had gotten them with child. Not seeing keeping the child as an option, the pair left Yysara on the footsteps of the first Arcane School they came across. It turned out to be the Academy of Fellorn, a human nation of rising power. Although the wizards of the school were concerned by her appearance, they could not deny the power roiling deep inside her. Her bloodline was pure magic and if they could teach her to harness it, she would be unmatched in power.
When she was 12, aging just as swiftly as any human child, her powers awakened in earnest. It was then that her official training began. Her instructors were skillful in magic and knowledgeable of the world but were no real family to the young Yysara. She became arrogant to the point of cruelty, flaunting her power and bullying the weaker students. She was particularly fond of using charm spells to force her classmates to do embarrassing things sometimes going as far as convincing them to strip naked and dance on their desks. She was never reprimanded, the teachers of the academy too enamored by her skill with magic and her respect towards her elders. What they should have realized, was that young Yysara didn’t respect those older than herself, only those more powerful, and at the rate her power was growing, that number would soon be few.
   Graduating from the academy at the age of 18, Yysara took up a life as a bounty hunter for the throne, hunting traitors and outlaws with abandon, glad to finally be free to exercise her power. She frequently found herself exhausted on long hunts, her genetics never amounting to much physical endurance. Although she is usually winded by the time she arrived, no one ever escaped once she laid eyes upon them. Those who she brought back returning with horrid burns or tales of friends turning on each other. Everyday her power and reputation grew. People flocked from all around to behold her beauty, a half succubus half nymph truly a sight to behold. It was at this time Yysara grievously overstepped.
A lord of the realm had taken interest in her and asked her to become his concubine. Usually considered an honor by those of common birth as their child would be raised a noble, Yysara laughed in the man’s face and commanding him to “Go and fuck an orc”. The nobleman never returned. Yysara found this hilarious, but in her youthful hubris she had forgotten there was any power greater than she. The Queen of Fellorn, Jessabelle Fellorn, personality declared judgement on the halfling. The queen knew Yysara’s power would be vitally important to the kingdom with the threat of Volt looming nearer with every year. Yet she could not let this recklessly powerful youth go unchecked. Calling upon the most powerful wizards in Fellorn, a binding was placed upon the sorceress in the form of a thin adamantine anklet. The enchantment made Yysara unable to act against the throne of Fellorn or those who severed it. Yysara fought madly against the binding, feeling helpless rage for the first time in her life. It gauled her that this gathering of weaklings had managed to overcome her, none of them would have stood a chance by themselves, but together they had defeated her. She realized that it wasn’t enough to be stronger than anyone else, she needed power as well, and power was armies, authority, knowledge, strength, and beauty. She had beauty and power, more so than anyone else, the others she could claim with ease. So she set about on her new path, serving the kingdom loyally, eventually being granted her own land. From that day on she began amassing power. Hiring soldiers, training mages, building walls and creating ever more powerful magic items. The ladder of these pursuits became her passion and soon her creations were almost as famous as their maker. The next time she fell, it would be to someone with a power she could respect, and nothing less would do.

Notable Feats

DC 15

Although Yysara is an ageless being with incredible supernatural powers at her disposal, her body is surprisingly frail. When she was still a bounty hunter for the queen, Yysara and a group of soldiers were sent to investigate a report of deserters. A nearby nation’s army had recently suffered a crushing defeat and much of their remaining forces had scattered, some of which stumbled into Fellorn.
While trying to find the deserters Yysara and her team were ambushed by the very people they were hunting. Caught by surprise, Yysara was grabbed by one of her attackers. So physically weak was Yysara that she almost lost her life to a simple deserter. If it hadn’t been for the queen’s men accompanying her, the halfling’s story might have ended then and there. Instead of her dying, one of the Fellorian soldiers impaled her attacker, freeing Yysara. Conjuring her power with a vengeance rarely since witness from the sorceress, she incinerated the entire area. Grass, trees, and men light up like campfires under the tidal wave of magic she released. Although Yysara tried to kill only the deserters, many of her own allies were caught up in the flames. However it turned a hopeless battle into a pyrrhic victory. All who returned were burned and scarred, except for Yysara, who had not a single burn on her entire body although the survivors all reported her dancing through the fires themselves, dancing and laughing as the would be attackers burned around her.
Weakness: Low Physical stats
Strength: Fire Resistance

DC 20

What made Yysara truly famous was when she overcame an entire tribe of invading orcs in a single night. Witnesses claim she sauntered into their camp, calm and relaxed as though the chief of the clan himself had invited her. Everyone watching thought for sure she was worse than dead, but then the screaming started. The orcs all began killing each other. They all turned on one another, each sub chief ordering his men to attack other groups seemingly at random. After an hour, barely a dozen green skins stood where better than a hundred had been only a short time ago. Yysara laughed at the remaining orcs, mocking them for their idiotic susceptibility to the simplest of enchantments. Bellowing in blind rage, one of the remaining orcs hurled a spear right for her chest. It was a sloppy throw and at such a distance the halfling should have had more than enough time to dodge, yet she seemed suddenly clumsy when faced with a physical threat and the spear hit her dead center. Unable to believe its luck, the orc cackled in having taken its revenge. A few moments later the remaining orcs vanished in a burst of fire, Yysara’s raised finger the only warning they had received. As she retreated from the camp she tugged free the spear stuck in her chest, tossing it aside as though it had been nothing more than a toothpick, a thin layer of magic shimmering across her skin.
Weakness: Low AC
Strength:   Powerful Enchanting

DC 25

What turned Yysara from famous to notorious was her trial before the queen. A noble had made advances towards the halfling, advances she had been all too happy to mock. When the man didn’t take no for an answer, his pursuit no longer offered amusement to Yysara and she decided to send him away in a permanent manner. The suggestion spell with the command of “Go fuck an orc” ended poorly for the nobleman, causing Yysara to be brought before the queen for murdering a member of the aristocracy. The trial was swift, concluded over the course of a single afternoon. After that day Yysara began working more passionately for the throne, providing magic items, and helping with any problem the kingdom faced. Only the royalty know the details of her punishment. The halfling was forbidden from ever acting against the throne of Fellorn, the curse bound to an adamantine anklet she is unable to remove. The anklet is in turn linked to a gem. Whomever holds the gem Yysara is prevented from harming directly. Although no one is sure where the gem is kept, it is used each time she visits the castle or whenever a suitably notable person visits her stronghold. Although it seems odd that any would visit her voluntarily considering the grudge she must bear against Fellorn, they cannot resist her powerful crafting abilities, and she demands anyone who wishes to request an item visit in person.

Weakness: Cursed
   Strength:   Magic Item Crafting

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 11, 2014, 10:30:32 AM
I allow it if you PM me details of the class for me.

The class is actually up now (stalker).

Not sure if I'd go for M or F side.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MiraMirror

I'm seriously contemplating going Monk of the Empty Fist, just so I can smack people with...well...anything and everything.

Zaer Darkwail

Your char looks good Kaliatas (and custom race also). +4 to save DC's besides your monstrous charisma is indeed scary but this is PvP game and everyone should accept possibility to loose to opposition. Indeed your leadership modifier would skyrocket off the roof but I can manage it without nerfing your score or resources for stronghold :P. You need sacrifice two feats to get followers and stronghold after all and if you get defeated your new overlord may use your own stronghold (and build upon it with his own stronghold resources). Also do remember you need eventually write on your bio a three famous deeds/exploits which each one reveals one weakness and one strength about you. Also that you have choice to either get PC class followers (normal listed amount) or double amount of followers but they use NPC class levels.

ShadowFox89: Okay, checked the class and it's okay to go.

ThatOneShrroth: Sounds good, yet decided side?

avorae: Feel free take your time, I likely extend this recruitment for next sunday.

Zaer Darkwail

Ghostwheel mentioned making male antipaladin and not sure what ShadowFox will roll (male maybe or female). So not lonely for long anyways :).

MiraMirror

Zaer: Gonna go Female.  I'm more than likely going to go Monk of the Empty Hand mixed with Monk of the Sacred Mountain to cover her in-game weaknesses. (That, and it meshes with Monk of the Empty Hand, so it's legal and I always kind of wanted to see how it worked in-game.)  Some of it does depend on how you do things as a DM, though. Basically, Monk of the Empty Hand is focused on using improvised weapons, which are found more or less everywhere, but I don't know if you'd want to roll randomly to see what kinds of things I might find, if you'd want me to just use the environment you describe and take a few liberties with what could be found, or what.

avorae

Ok I think I have a concept down. I am going to play a half-giant soulknife with the armored and gifted archetypes.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 08:49:03 AM
Zaer: Gonna go Female.  I'm more than likely going to go Monk of the Empty Hand mixed with Monk of the Sacred Mountain to cover her in-game weaknesses. (That, and it meshes with Monk of the Empty Hand, so it's legal and I always kind of wanted to see how it worked in-game.)  Some of it does depend on how you do things as a DM, though. Basically, Monk of the Empty Hand is focused on using improvised weapons, which are found more or less everywhere, but I don't know if you'd want to roll randomly to see what kinds of things I might find, if you'd want me to just use the environment you describe and take a few liberties with what could be found, or what.

I allow you use the environment what I describe and take minor liberties in regards what's there. So long it's logical I am okay with it as GM to let player of Empty Hand go creative.

Quote from: avorae on September 12, 2014, 01:53:14 PM
Ok I think I have a concept down. I am going to play a half-giant soulknife with the armored and gifted archetypes.

Sounds nice :). However would be nicer if folks would start bring charsheets in unless they have further questions :P

avorae

Letrixia

Life on Mars

Would like to express interest for the male faction! I've only had chances to run pathfinder, never to play, so very eager to try this. Off-hand I'm thinking gunslinger, if that's alright.

Zaer Darkwail

As said fire arms are rare but gunslinger works. You have early firearms usable but none advanced ones yet.

MiraMirror

Fetysh

Hey! I'd be interested in making a male character, one with a rather warped mind. I'm a friend of Shrroth's (and indeed the reason he uses that name), and I was tempted to a male version of Yuno Gasai. One who's insanely in love (emphasis insane) with his character. The guy truly loves her, brings her flowers, buys gifts, showers her with affection and will instantly eviscerate anyone that touches her, or torture them without letting them die if they do more than that to her. He also truly believes she was put here to satisfy his dick and is under the firm impression that she loves it when he casually grabs her head to face fuck her throat, despite any and all evidence to contrary.

Right now, I'm thinking an Imp Wizard, possibly a sin specialist (lust or pride), and possibly prestiging into a Harem Mage, though of course all other slave females are just chattel and his dearest beloved is his right hand and owns them just as he does.

Would this be at all doable?

Zaer Darkwail

It's doable, I allow F and M sided players have past connections and such. In the hentai the priestess had past association with a male mystic who now served Volt so he could study how to become a god (a exiled mystic who did dark creepy magic).

Even F x M rivalries could exist but there must be some length of time in separation so you haven't seen each other while so you do not have 100% idea of each other's abilities (IC wise anyways).

Xerial

Any room still for a male character? I've a few ideas running about in my head, and it's been a bit since I've tried to do up a solid good mid-level character, so it'll be a good challenge.

Life on Mars

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 05:22:17 PM
Aw, but shooting the women isn't sexy, Mars. ;o;

Damn, gotta give the ladies what they want -_-

Thinking about it harder I think I'll try and go ranger instead. Favored Enemy: Women (hmmm, better narrow that down a bit = p  )

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Xerial on September 12, 2014, 05:43:01 PM
Any room still for a male character? I've a few ideas running about in my head, and it's been a bit since I've tried to do up a solid good mid-level character, so it'll be a good challenge.

There is still room, so long folks do not submit sheets the position is open. I think I find it hard fill 6 people to both sides :P. So far I think 4-5 males has been suggested but do not count them unless I see charsheet.

Quote from: Life on Mars on September 12, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
Damn, gotta give the ladies what they want -_-

Thinking about it harder I think I'll try and go ranger instead. Favored Enemy: Women (hmmm, better narrow that down a bit = p  )

Yup, need specify it more than gender :P. Races specifically.

MiraMirror

The one thing I dislike about Monk is that you have to be Lawful for it...Whereas I see this character being Neutral. Bleck. >_<;

Xerial

I was thinking Brawler (Advanced Class Guide), insofar as class went. I like the idea of making a guy who prides himself on not using traditional weapons, knows how to handle himself in a fight, but is not the disciplined type. I need to do some reading, mind you.

I'm adaptable at this point, though, will be doing some brainstorming.

Zaer Darkwail

Fine with brawler, it indeed looks different from usual. unarmed fighter.

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 05:59:20 PM
The one thing I dislike about Monk is that you have to be Lawful for it...Whereas I see this character being Neutral. Bleck. >_<;

You could be ex-monk ;).

Xerial

Aye, it's the flexibility that draws me to it. The idea that they are not so much disciplined fighters as people who have seen a lot of punch ups and learned from them.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 12, 2014, 06:09:37 PM
Fine with brawler, it indeed looks different from usual. unarmed fighter.

You could be ex-monk ;).

Oh right, I forgot that ex-monks don't lose their abilities, they just don't gain new ones until they atone.

Xerial

Ex-Monk and a Brawler palling around, having philosophical discussions about fighting, maybe the occasional punch up, and then brutalizing foreign womenfolk. I sense a good dynamic between them, eh.

MiraMirror

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 06:15:14 PM
Oh right, I forgot that ex-monks don't lose their abilities, they just don't gain new ones until they atone.

Yup, you could enter PrC which needs to be monk but not lawful (or benefits from monk levels, like monk/assassin, monk/sorcerer/eldricth knight or such). She may had been lawful in start of her adventuring career but life events changed her away from her original path to another one (or different life perspective).

Xerial

MiraMirror

Eeeeh...not quite, Xerial. More like...Puncher vs Whatever she finds lying around.  For instance, she could bludgeon you to death with an envelope.

Xerial

Oh they'll have a grand old time...  ;D

I'm thinking that my lad might be a follower of Cayden Cailean, though a disgraced one. Chaotic Neutral, very much a "claim what you can take" type, who follows the drunken god for the fact he ascended from humanity and because... well... booze.

Zaer: Thanks for the idea... shock gauntlets... always fun...

MiraMirror

Mmmm, I can't say that any of these prestige classes appeal to me that much...I see her as a very confrontational character, so something like barbarian could work, or possibly bloodrager (from the new Advanced Classes Guide).  I also imagine she wouldn't be above dirty fighting (disarming, sundering armors, tripping, punching a male opponent in the dong), and I think making the opponent flat-flooted would actually help her quite a bit...Halp? ;o;

Kaliatas

I think I'm going to have my cohort us player classes. Should I design them? Or do you want me to leave that to you?

Also, I take back what I said about having too any resources, castles, especially moving ones, are expensive :(

MiraMirror

Xerial

ThatOne: Thinking ex-Monk to Bloodrager? That would be an interesting combination, and one heck of a philosophy change for added pathos.

Kaliatas: That is a good question, isn't it? I was thinking my lad'll have himself a bar rather than a stronghold, former merc company men turned staff as his followers.

MiraMirror

@ Xerial: Well, I'm talking with someone about backstory.  If it works out, not only will she have a reason to go Bloodrager, but it can count towards her "famous deeds" section. :P

Xerial

Famous deed: Knocked a dragon out with one punch. Totally going with that... yup.

MiraMirror

Pft, get on my level, sir.

"Knocked out a horde of cultists...with a piece of parchment."

Xerial

*polite cough* "Made dragon his bitch."

Of course that'll take some doing to work out just how the heck it'd be possible.  ;D

Fetysh

Easily, almost all dragons can polymorph themselves heh.

And I've totally switched over to a psion telepath. Cuz who doesn't love insane telepaths goin' around and thinking into everyone's thoughts.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xerial

Raelice: Not sure if you have considered it, but the Investigator is a bit sneaky, a flexible fighter, and gets some sexy bonuses to information gathering and such.

Xerial

*innocent whistle* I didn't just drop a PM to our GM about something a bit eccentric that's tied to a mighty deed, nope.

Fetysh

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 12, 2014, 07:05:21 PM
I think I'm going to have my cohort us player classes. Should I design them? Or do you want me to leave that to you?

Also, I take back what I said about having too any resources, castles, especially moving ones, are expensive :(

You can design your cohorts and your followers. Either GM or other player can play your cohort as you wish (or play cohort yourself whichever is preference). Daern's Instant Fortress is ideal mobile fortress if want one (albeit expensive wondrous but nice). But Landlord+Leadership combo is only for people who build castles and stick on the single area really.

If you want airship though, we use eberron explorer's guide rules about them for easy reference.

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 06:45:07 PM
Mmmm, I can't say that any of these prestige classes appeal to me that much...I see her as a very confrontational character, so something like barbarian could work, or possibly bloodrager (from the new Advanced Classes Guide).  I also imagine she wouldn't be above dirty fighting (disarming, sundering armors, tripping, punching a male opponent in the dong), and I think making the opponent flat-flooted would actually help her quite a bit...Halp? ;o;

Bloodrager is okay, if want get foe flat-footed there are various ways to do it; improved feint being one (just get bluff as class skill).

Quote from: Raelice on September 12, 2014, 08:25:03 PM
So I'm looking at more of a sneaky information gatherer instead of a straight up fighter, would infiltration be an option?

There is place, the game is PvP but any methods of combat/warfare are all applicable (including infiltration/disguises/assassinations/sabotage). But do note even as master disguise guy you have famous alias or call name.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 12, 2014, 08:09:20 PM
Actually, think I might go Arcanist....

Ok, works. Just pick one class and make char and be happy with it :).

Kaliatas

MiraMirror

Zaer Darkwail

She is intended to be :P. A 12th level chars must be scary, powerful, epic or skilled (or otherwise awe inspiring).

Anyways note on cohorts; in Kingdom of Volt has been past 20 years new baby children taught no ability to read, nor fight nor cast spells. They can cook, dance and serve for male's pleasure, that's it. Even doctors, healers and other people capable to read are all men in Kingdom of Volt (this is part of women's oppression in kingdom). So any woman which you pick as cohort as male must come somewhere else and one or another must be strictly under your control (or broken). Of course male second commands are preferred in Kingdom of Volt universally (as they give no respect to women even if their commander is high command).

In females side considering males had betrayed cities in past no men are allowed into any political nor military nor economic positions. So it limits women's options for cohorts to fellow females mostly or powerful monsters. Or husbands.

Xerial

Spoilers: -DC: 25 Check-

Strength: Capable of knocking out a Young Adult Dragon
Weakness: Maintains sway over Cohort with Magic

MiraMirror

Zaer Darkwail

If needing build advices, I can provide for you Shrroth :). I doubt male side would provide helpful tips :P.

MiraMirror

I'm not gonna lie, I foresee a lot of compulsion things...;_;

They feel so cheap to meeeee. ;o;  (Also, I might take you up on that, Zaer, but I'm discussing a backstory first.)

Xerial

Zaer Darkwail

Is Xerial's relationship with his dragon similar how Zero from Drakengard 3 (or Drag-on 3) had with Micah? Example;

http://youtu.be/araVCazOMqE?t=1m7s

MiraMirror

So pardon me if I missed it, but what about traits? Do we get those, or what? :x

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 11:00:53 PM
So pardon me if I missed it, but what about traits? Do we get those, or what? :x

Oh, I forgot. You get max 2 traits and can pick any campaign traits, just reflavor them properly if needed to fit for this game.

Ghostwheel

Name: Malerith

Race: Half-elf

Background:

Prologue
Malerith's story begins with bloodshed and sweat. His father was unknown, having been one of the countless men who had raped his mother in the ritual meant to birth a being of destruction such as the world had never seen, a champion of evil that could bring whole nations to their knees. Malerith was born screaming into the world, killing his mother in the process, and was taught from an early age to devote himself to the art of weaponry and magic.

Act 1
Malerith grew up in the temple dedicated to chaos and bloodshed. Many a man were dropped at his feet, and he was forced to kill one after another with no chance of naysaying his tutors, strange men in deep robes that refused to show their faces. They stripped him of positive emotions there, forcing him to turn dagger, then sword, and finally his falchion upon men weeping for pity and mercy from the half-elf boy with solid eyes belying no emotion whatsoever.

When not at this gruesome act, he spent time learning of sword and sorcery sparring with the men, or Pip, a boy his age. They slowly grew to become close friends, and often joked or rough-housed. Pip was better at the sword than young "Mal", but Malerith outstripped him when it came to the art of magic and its uses. If Mal could end the fight quickly, he often won; however, if Pip could outlast the enchantments the Mal placed upon himself, he found himself easily beating the smaller boy. Upon reaching their teenage years, Malerith continued honing himself to an edge-point until one day the unthinkable happened. It had been a long day, and Malerith had been killing men by the dozens until he reached the last supplicant, a man with a bag over his head. At the sword-stroke, the priests tore the bag from the man's head only to reveal Pip, skewered on Mal's sword-edge.

Strength: Can use both spells and sword-fighting.
Weakness: Relies on buffs, which can be stripped by waiting long enough or through dispelling.

Act 2
With a cry, Malerith launched himself at the robed figure who laughed and danced back. Time after time Malerith swung his blade and called on his magic, but to no avail. He then used his magic carelessly, flinging spell after useless spell at the robed figures who laughed as they batted away his magic with barely any effort. Finally, his magic spent, Malerith did what he could, launching himself forward with his sword. His blows were parried and flung aside by the thick cudgel the man produced before knocking Malerith unconscious with a few well-placed blows.

Malerith woke up in a dank cell where men had been stored. He gathered himself and crept from it and out into the keep where he had been kept, now absolutely deserted. Vowing to himself that he would wreak his vengeance upon the men who raised him, he left the keep and began his journey. Full of anger and revenge, he destroyed entire villages he passed by, and even managed to flush out a few of the black-cowled men and defeat them. But he always remembered the voice of he who laughed, and it spurred him ever onwards. Unaware, he destroyed the villages who harbored enemies of Volt, gaining the conqueror's attention then, who kept a hidden eye on the man as he continued his rampage.

Strength: Can resist most offensive spells, and has a decent AC despite the fact that he goes around relatively unarmored.
Weakness: Fairly low HP for a fighter-type, damage can bring him down far more easily than a trained swordsman.

Act 3
It was years later when he finally cornered he who laughed. Mal had grown in power, and his name brought terror into the hearts of the good people of the land, but always he travelled, destroying everything in his path in the name of vengeance and destruction. When confronted by an adversary he could not destroy, he would tap into his abilities and the magical items he had acquired to pass right by them, wait until the opportune moment, and kill them then. He laughed at the mighty heroes, the witches and champions who had been sent against him. In their moment of carelessness they were as defenseless as newborn babes, and he made sure to make short work of all of them.

Finally, after many years of travel he had found traces of he who laughed. He had tirelessly made pursuit the man, and finally caught him upon a cliff's edge. There, their battle ensued, the two fighting against each other back and forth against the rain-streaked clifftop while lightning clashed overhead as though cheering each on. Scores of wounds littered the man's body, while Malerith was relatively unharmed. In a fit of desperation, the man rushed and wrestled with Malerith, who found himself unable to wrench himself free from the man's embrace. Rolling on the cliff, Malerith found himself flagging, and with an act of desperation threw both of them off the cliff.

The man had been wounded, and landed broken with Malerith atop him at the base of the cliff while waves lapped at their clothes. With a chuckle, the man died, but not before finally intoning his success. "Now, you are complete," he laughed, cackling as though he had reached the greatest joy possible, and then passed from the world. As he died, his body collapsed in on itself, destroying the area for miles in every direction, and eliminating some key villages who had been resisting Volt's Kingdom for some time. When the destruction had passed, only Malerith remained, unconscious, to be found by Volt's soldiers and brought back to have an offer made.

Strength: Can transform himself into a monstrous form, sometimes with more than the usual pair of arms.
Weakness: Malerith isn't very good at close fighting, and can be neutralized without too great of a problem by being grappled.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, elf, human and orc with marid bloodline as sorcerer? Quite a mix there :P. Anyways build looks okay but I wonder why you got blackblood oracle just 1 level there. Dark Resilience works only 1/day and you could benefit more from level in eldricth knight (my opinion anyways). Although orisons could be useful and some oracle first spells as well.

Ghostwheel

Mostly so I can heal myself like a paladin can using Corrupting Touch, since I'm treated as undead.

Healing as a swift action is win.

Xerial

Going Half-Orc for Casimir, grapple/Intimidate heavy. Details ongoing. Sleep needed.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 13, 2014, 08:05:17 AM
Mostly so I can heal myself like a paladin can using Corrupting Touch, since I'm treated as undead.

Healing as a swift action is win.

Ah, forgot the corrupting touch, clever move there.

Kaliatas

MiraMirror

And yet, this character doesn't seem like she'll care much. .w.;  She's a rather dark character, for that matter. ._.;

Kaliatas

Pretty much, she is more on the evil side of things. That doesn't mean she is going to roll over for other evil characters, I don't want her to go down easy. :)

MiraMirror

My character might be a bit...iffy in the head...
Granted, she has reasons to be, and it just makes her more terrifying.

Kaliatas

Do Cohorts have their own equipment? Or do we equip them from our money?

Zaer Darkwail

Cohort's use NPC wealth for their gear and so does your followers but you can spend GP to arm either one more fancy manner.

Kaliatas

Thanks! I'm almost done with her Cohort and the castle is getting close to done as well. I'm hoping to have them both finished today or tomorrow :)

Ghostwheel

DM, for NPCs, are we using the heroic or basic advancement table as far as wealth is concerned?

Kaliatas

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 13, 2014, 12:46:38 PM
DM, for NPCs, are we using the heroic or basic advancement table as far as wealth is concerned?

Basic for followers (may they have PC or NPC class levels), cohorts use heroic.

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 13, 2014, 12:57:09 PM
She is a level 10 fighter. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1012186

And this what I'm basing her on.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Nice :). Want to me NPC her or do you want control her?

Kaliatas

Go ahead and NPC her :) Will make her more interesting. I'll provide a small backstory, but I imagine she is deeply infatuated with Yysara and pretty much acts as her personal guard. Providing the muscle to Yysara's magic.

MiraMirror

Sooo, would someone be able to help me get a name for a half-elven female? Naming a weakness of mine. >.>;

MiraMirror

I'll chooooose.... Elmae.  It's simple, but effective.  I'll just be lazy and not include a last name for now, though. >w>;

MiraMirror

Looking, trying to get past my weak Google-Fu.

Edit: Looking for things, found a few...

Pictures

Zaer Darkwail

Female Brawler (add +anime if trouble finding something)
Female Monk (+anime if trouble or +diablo to get diablo art)
Female Martial Artist (+anime again if trouble)

MiraMirror

Pictures

The first two seem to let out that "Yeah, she's kind of lost it" feel, but the last one has the rage aspect going for it...Honestly, the first two appeal to me more...

Zaer Darkwail

Then pick from the first two, to me first two are indeed best ones :)

Anyways, logging off for bit but return later on.

Re Z L

Here, have an album full of elfy pics:  http://imgur.com/a/ypjkZ

And for those Humie lovers:  http://imgur.com/a/Rin1v
A&A

Ershin

In the middle of building a female Swashbuckler/AntiPaladin (almost done), though I'm having a little difficulty with building the stronghold.

Kaliatas

Yeah, building a stronghold is pretty tricky. I'm most of the way through it, but its been messy :)

Zaer Darkwail

One benefits for having leadership as prerequisite for stronghold is that you can use your own followers as labor force to speed up or ease up building it. Including spellcasting cohort with right spells.

Kaliatas

Right now I'm just trying to math all the different costs of putting things on different floors. Not hard, just time consuming. This should be a pretty crazy castle though. There is a lot you can do with 800,000gp!

Re Z L

Playing around with putting together a Female Magus (Bladebound Kensai), though I probably won't bother with leadership/stronghold.  But I'd be happy to ally myself with one of the others  ;D

By the way, what about drawback traits?  They seem like they might fit for the "weaknesses" that we're supposed to bring up.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

I allow drawback traits. Also you can get additional traits with additional traits feat if you want so.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Re Z L

Alys Reis
Race:  Human
Class(es):  Magus

Still working on it, but here's what I have so far.

Other Pictures

A&A

MiraMirror

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good so far Re Z L

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 14, 2014, 04:14:23 AM
Working on my sheet, found a picture I like more.

Pretty

Indeed, that pic is very pretty ;)

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 13, 2014, 05:13:03 PM
Hedonistic seems like it'd be too easy :P

It is, but it can be still exploited RP wise; perfect chance launch ambush when person visits his/her regular brothel or such.

MiraMirror

Oh man, my AC is so bad....I had to drop Dex and Int so I could deal with the multi-attribute issue. XP

Time to go shopping for AC halp. ;w;

Zaer Darkwail

There are two ways around low AC problem; get more AC or get so much HP (and saves vs bad touch effects) it doesn't matter much your being hit :P.

Ghostwheel

Alternatively, get the major version of this bad boy.

Have a "good" AC for a while without having to invest in actual AC.

MiraMirror

I could do that, or I could do something a bit cheaper.  Normally, it wouldn't make much sense, but on her...it makes sense.

Re Z L

A&A

Kaliatas

I pretty much just gave up on having a decent AC. I figure if someone makes it that close I'm toast anyway. Also, my castle is almost done. I hand drew the map but hopefully it will still be usable. Working on writing up a description and key.

MiraMirror

I'm really wishing she was close enough to someone who could craft wondrous items. ;w; Hurting for that moolah right now. XD

Kaliatas

Well I'd be happy to give you a hand, I'm always looking for customers. However I charge 75% of the normal cost unless your willing to do me some 'favors' ;)

Ghostwheel

DM, are there any crafters in the city of Volt who would make us a similar offer?

Re Z L

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 14, 2014, 11:20:53 AM
Aren't we all? Heh.

Not needing a magic weapon or magic armor has its advantages  ;D  at the end I was running out of stuff to spend my money on

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 14, 2014, 11:12:07 AM
I pretty much just gave up on having a decent AC. I figure if someone makes it that close I'm toast anyway. Also, my castle is almost done. I hand drew the map but hopefully it will still be usable. Working on writing up a description and key.

Sounds like you need a body guard  ;)
A&A

MiraMirror

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 14, 2014, 11:30:17 AM
Well I'd be happy to give you a hand, I'm always looking for customers. However I charge 75% of the normal cost unless your willing to do me some 'favors' ;)

Alas, she wouldn't do such a thing, due to her backstory.  She's got a lot of emotional and psychological baggage, so no 'favors' for her. =P  As it is, she rarely speaks, for she is not a very trusting half-elf anymore.

Zaer Darkwail

If want crafter, wait a player make a male crafter in male side (however feel free abuse leadership slot to get crafter cohort).

Kaliatas

QuoteSounds like you need a body guard  ;)

I'd be happy to have a body guard, I have my cohort but more is always better! However Yysara isn't a nice girl, would your character still be fine with guarding her?

MiraMirror

Ghostwheel

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 14, 2014, 12:45:23 PM
Sh-should I have made a paladin instead of antipaladin...? :-3

A lawful good paladin working in Kingdom of Volt? A self-righteous paladin who goes hunt a evil female sorceress :P. Bit far fetch unless said paladin has wisdom as dump stat and has 0 ranks in K:religion not know what 'Asmodeus' is.

Although there was some serious discussion about a LG paladin of Asmodeus (yes, a good aligned paladin of Asmodeus) in some forums and idea how it can work. As Asmodeus religion and doghma is strongly lawful aligned than evil.

Re Z L

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 14, 2014, 12:12:41 PM
I'd be happy to have a body guard, I have my cohort but more is always better! However Yysara isn't a nice girl, would your character still be fine with guarding her?

I'm sure I could work it out  ;)

And you seem to have plenty of options to convince people that you're right from looking at your spell list  ;D
A&A

Ershin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 14, 2014, 11:37:26 AM
(however feel free abuse leadership slot to get crafter cohort).
I was originally a bit uncomfortable taking the Leadership and Stronghold feats, but since it was supposed to be for the feel of strongholds being assaulted it was... sort of okay. Though if it's actively being suggested to make crafter gimps for cohorts then I'm just going to drop. It's just not a level of cheese I'm particularly comfortable with.
Thank you for the opportunity to make a character up to this point though, and for offering to help plan out my stronghold.

To all those who end up playing, have fun. :)

Ghostwheel

I honestly felt the same way. While I'd be okay with Leadership to populate a fort and for administrative tasks of the fort, using one in order to beef up your main character (via crafting) or effectively play two characters when being assaulted by another player (especially if they don't have Leadership) feels a bit too cheesy for my taste as well.

Think I'll take my leave too. Hope y'all enjoy the game!

Kaliatas

Quote from: Re Z L on September 14, 2014, 12:50:05 PM

And you seem to have plenty of options to convince people that you're right from looking at your spell list  ;D

Oh definitely. Yysara has no problems soothing away unwanted feelings in those around her and she is always looking for more "Allies".

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ershin on September 14, 2014, 01:35:15 PM
I was originally a bit uncomfortable taking the Leadership and Stronghold feats, but since it was supposed to be for the feel of strongholds being assaulted it was... sort of okay. Though if it's actively being suggested to make crafter gimps for cohorts then I'm just going to drop. It's just not a level of cheese I'm particularly comfortable with.
Thank you for the opportunity to make a character up to this point though, and for offering to help plan out my stronghold.

To all those who end up playing, have fun. :)

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 14, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
I honestly felt the same way. While I'd be okay with Leadership to populate a fort and for administrative tasks of the fort, using one in order to beef up your main character (via crafting) or effectively play two characters when being assaulted by another player (especially if they don't have Leadership) feels a bit too cheesy for my taste as well.

Think I'll take my leave too. Hope y'all enjoy the game!

Well, if you feel using crafter cohorts breaks your interest in game I am in all favor ban such shenanigans, it's not game breaker for me (some players have picked crafting feats so they get to craft their stuff but it's with expense that they get less combat or other feats).

Ershin

Nah, don't ban anything on my behalf. If people have fun when doing so it's not my place to stop them doing it. Just because I'm not into something doesn't mean I'm going to stop other people who are.

Zaer Darkwail

Nah, I mentioned it as I assumed folks were okay with it but if they are not I will drop it. I do kind agree it's bit cheesy use cohort for crafting and most games do ban that shenanigan anyways. So do not feel bad about it and just enjoy the game :). I am still working on details on your stronghold (just need know where you want place it).

Truth told no one has made crafter cohort as so far, I just mentioned it as option (a short idea). It may be possible folks had not thought use them as they find them unfair also.

Kaliatas

Banning things doesn't bother me at all, I'd much rather have people :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 14, 2014, 02:34:09 PM
Banning things doesn't bother me at all, I'd much rather have people :)

Same here, some discussion in PM's going between Ghostwheel and Ershin which may bring some changes to leadership feat.

avorae

I am debating if I want to take leadership and the landlord feat. Though it would be nice to have a Amazonian horde to lead.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 14, 2014, 12:48:12 PM
A lawful good paladin working in Kingdom of Volt? A self-righteous paladin who goes hunt a evil female sorceress :P. Bit far fetch unless said paladin has wisdom as dump stat and has 0 ranks in K:religion not know what 'Asmodeus' is.

Although there was some serious discussion about a LG paladin of Asmodeus (yes, a good aligned paladin of Asmodeus) in some forums and idea how it can work. As Asmodeus religion and doghma is strongly lawful aligned than evil.

Or we can dump the alignment chart and use an MTG style color wheel.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, some changes for leadership and landlord feats folks so listen up (this edit goes on first page soon);

Landlord no longer needs leadership as prerequisite, but you do get soldiers to manage the keep (based on how much space you have build for keep's or fortress barracks). However the soldiers are not 100% loyal and may at best be strangers or mercenaries and are easier to be infiltrated as everyone does not know everyone that well. You cannot use keep forces to attack or move them onto battlefield; they are strictly guard duty only and patrol near area around the castle or the border if castle is 'border front line' castle or such.

Leadership feat gives cohort and followers but they have only NPC classes, everyone of them. Cohorts get heroic NPC wealth and same stat point buy as PC's do, where as followers use standard NPC array and basic NPC wealth. No crafting feats allowed neither followers nor cohort (but can have craft skill points naturally). But you do not need have Landlord to get a army (nor gives any penalty being mobile with them) but you lack protection of a fortress then against invasion forces.

Any folks having problems with above? I was told even 10th level NPC classed warrior can give tough time for 12th level PC if build properly (and thus function as bodyguard for those who want them as such role or kick out rift raft). Prestige classes are allowed for cohorts if they qualify for them through NPC class (and adepts are allowed).

Kaliatas

Sounds good to me. I just changed my cohort from fighter to warrior so she should be much more reasonable in a fight.

MrBubbles

Zaer! I'm looking to make a male character but before I get started on the mechanics, I was wondering if it was possible to use the ravenous template which they acquire at some point in their adventures. Is it disallowed entirely, or should it be treated as an LA+1?

Kaliatas

Okay, here is what I have for her stronghold. Sorry about it being hand drawn, I might make a digital version now that I have something to use as a guide. Please forgive any missing doors or that random box I forgot was there out in the field.

Also 3rd floor turret is what is above each corner of the castle, not just the upper left.

Magic items and custom detail will follow, but for now I figured I'd toss this out.

First Floor
http://i.imgur.com/aSUWNGw.jpg?1
Second and Third Floors
http://i.imgur.com/wmkrRyB.jpg?1

Map Guide. Get ready for text!

Free Standing Walls: 30ft Tall Masonry
Interior Walls: Living Wood
Exterior Walls: Masonry

1.Barracks - This open room contains up to ten simple wooden beds with straw mattresses. A small foot locker sits at the end of each bed for personal belongings. This component includes a privy, though it need not be attached or adjacent to the barracks itself. A barracks can hold ten people (usually guards or soldiers).

2.Bedrooms, Fancy - This area contains two smaller bedrooms with a connecting door. Each room has a bed that rests on a handsome frame and includes a mattress made of cotton batting. The sheets are of fine cotton, and the blankets are wool.  Each room has a finely carved bureau and a handsome wardrobe. A bell rests on a bed stand next to each bed so that the occupants can easily call for the servants. In addition, there’s an upholstered bench and a small writing desk.

3.Servants’ Quarters - These are basic, no-nonsense living quarters. Six slots exist in each such component, separated by thin walls that give the occupants some small semblance of privacy. Each slot has enough room for a bed, a chest of drawers with a small mirror atop it, a small table, and a chair. The furnishing and flooring are all rough but serviceable. Personal decorations hang from the walls.

4.Courtyard, Fancy - This courtyard features some grass, but the paths are paved with cobblestones or bricks. Wrought-iron benches are placed strategically throughout the place, and a simple fountain sits in the center of the area, surrounded by paving stones as well. A bust or two stand on pedestals in strategic locations

5.Kitchen, Fancy - This well-appointed kitchen features an iron stove, complete with cooking griddle on top and oven beneath, and cast-iron cookware. The scullery keeps cleaning solutions in addition to other supplies. The flooring is often of polished wood or rough tile. Good food fills the well-stocked pantry.  Meals for up to 30 can be made in this place, but it requires a staff of at least two to run properly. If you need a greater capacity, purchase this kitchen multiple times. Profession (cook) checks made within this kitchen receive a +2 circumstance bonus.

6.Dining Hall, Fancy - This upscale version of the standard dining hall includes finely made tables surrounded with chairs instead of benches. The fireplace usually dominates the center of the room, the smoke drawn into a stony hood that goes into the ceiling. This provides a more even distribution of heat (and more equitable comfort level) in the room.  The mural-covered walls depict local legends or the pantheon of deities respected by the owner. The floor is made of fine flagstones or polished wood. This seats 30 people comfortably. Purchase this component multiple times if you want a larger dining hall. One servant brings food and removes empty dishes

7.Storage, Fancy - This room includes shelves of every variety and a finished floor. The superior organization allows more efficient use of space than a basic storage component, so this space has about 3,000 cubic feet of usable storage space.

8.Bath, Fancy - A step up from the basic bathroom, this bathroom comes complete with a large tub, a chamber pot under a chair, and a means of disposing of the contents of the chamber pot easily. This can take the form of a chute to an underground disposal area, an open window over a gutter, or whatever you like. A fireplace allows you to heat water for baths. A cabinet holds plenty of towels, and a dressing screen separates part of the room for privacy. Padded, upholstered benches allow comfortable seating. One corner holds a mirror and array of brushes and other grooming devices.

9.Guard Posts - This component allows guards to keep watch upon the surrounding environs. If part of the exterior wall, it includes free arrow slits instead of a window.
The guard posts upon the wall are actually 30ft towers. Each is fitted with a ballista.

10.Prison Block (Masterwork Manacles, Reinforced doors, Reinforced Masonry Walls) -  This cell includes iron shackles on the walls and hay mattresses strewn about. You can shackle up to six Medium-size prisoners in a communal cell. Alternatively, you can replace the communal cell with independent jail cells. In this arrangement, each prison cell component includes two to four small cells each capable of holding one or two Medium-size creatures. You can get by with a single guard per two adjoining prison cell components. The standard prison cell comes with six sets of manacles capable of binding a Medium-size creature.To slip free of manacles, a char Sample Prison Cells acter must make an Escape Artist check (DC 30 or DC 35 for masterwork manacles). To break free requires a Strength check (DC 26 or DC 28 for masterwork manacles). Manacles have a hardness of 10 and 10 hit points. A Small creature takes up half the space in a prison cell as a Medium-size creature. Manacles for Small creatures cost the same as for Medium-size creatures. Tiny and smaller creatures take up one-fourth the space, and their manacles cost 10 times normal. A Large creature takes up twice the space of a Medium-size creature, and a Huge creature four times the space. Manacles for Large creatures cost ten times the normal amount, and 100 times the normal amount for Huge creatures. Generally, you can’t keep Gargantuan or larger creatures in a simple prison cell, though by buying enough components you could get a large enough space. They require specially made manacles, which cost as much as 1,000 times the normal cost.

11.Dining Hall, Basic (x2) - Long, rough, rectangular tables and benches line this main hall, both at the edges and in the middle. A fireplace sits at one end of the place, providing warmth for all. The walls of such a place are often decorated with hanging weapons, animal heads, and the like. The floor is usually either made of worn wood or rough stone. This seats 30 people comfortably.

12. Armory, Basic - Racks of armor and weapons fill this simple room, which has enough space to hold equipment for 25 soldiers

13.Tavern, Fancy + Auditorium, Fancy - In Yysara’s castle, these two are combined for into a large drinking area that has a stage dead center where talented musicians or bold amateurs come to play and receive tips or possibly sponsorship. This place serves wine as well as liquor and beer from its polished, marble-topped bar. It can call on the stronghold’s kitchen for food; alternatively, you can attach an extra kitchen assigned purely to this component. The tables are round, with solid chairs, and there are a few booths lining the walls. Three servants (Com1; Profession [bartender] +5) run the bar and serve meals. While any great hall can be used for performances, an auditorium is a space designed with acoustics and artistic appreciation in mind. Perform skill checks in this space receive a +2 circumstance bonus. Up to 30 people can fit in here for a service. If you need a greater capacity, purchase this component multiple times.

14.Common Area, Fancy - This room features polished stone or wood floors with comfortable benches. The walls bear impressive murals and sound-dampening curtains. It might serve as a waiting room, a general meeting area, or an all-purpose room

15.General Marketplace - Each of these sections houses various merchants, craftsmen, and other such vendors. People are free to come and sell their wares so long as they first receive permission from the lady Yysara. The market is almost always busy, Yysara having a fondness for skill crafts and beautiful creations.

16.Study/Office, Luxury (x2) - This room represents the ultimate in office luxury. A well-appointed waiting room features an exquisite couch and a polished wooden desk, behind which sits a full-time clerk versed in making life as easy for the owner as possible. The main office features another stuffed couch and a set of comfortable chairs arrayed around a marbletopped desk. The walls are covered with fine art, including a portrait of the owner of the stronghold and any family he might have.

17.Stable, Fancy (x2)- This stable has hay on the floor, but the ground is either wood or stone. The stables are lined with fresh hay, and each horse has access to its own water supply. The troughs are all made of stone, and there’s even a small fireplace in here to keep things warm in the winter. A stable requires the employment of a groom (Com1; Handle Animal +5). This place can hold up to six Large steeds at a time, each in their own stall.

18.Bedroom, Luxury - This area contains two smaller bedrooms with a connecting door. No expenses were spared in building or furnishing this space. Each room features a marbletopped bureau and a gorgeous wardrobe. The fourposter bed is made of the finest wood hung with the wispiest of linens, and the mattress and the blankets are stuffed with feathers. The sheets are silk. A stuffed chair sits in one corner. In another, a finely polished and fully stocked writing desk waits to be used. The walls are adorned with fine art, often of people in positions of repose. Sometimes they feature dreamy scenes filled with pleasant nymphs or other fantastic or heavenly scenes. This component includes a privy, though it need not be attached or adjacent to the bedroom component itself. The luxuriousness of the room requires a single valet, who can be called with any of the bells positioned around the rooms

19.Bath, Luxury - The ultimate in bathing luxury, this room features a tub large enough for two or three people to bathe in, plus a large fireplace for heating both the room and the water necessary for a warm bath. Two chamber pots with padded and upholstered leather chairs are here. Servants empty these on a regular basis. An intricately carved cabinet holds a variety of thick towels, and a handsome wardrobe full of fine dressing gowns stands nearby. A gilt-framed, three-fold, fulllength mirror takes up one corner, and another mirror sits above a gorgeous, polished grooming desk. The screen in this bathroom features intricately carved woods and the finest silks. Fine stuffed chairs are scattered about the place. The dressing table features three gilt-framed mirrors and the finest in grooming products, including aromatic perfumes, gilt-handled brushes, and so on. The walls are adorned with fine art, often of people bathing in large bath houses, in a river or lake, or at a beach. A servant keeps the luxury bath clean, and a valet assists the bathers.

20.Library, Luxury - Floor-to-ceiling glass-fronted cabinets with top-hinged doors keep the books here in pristine condition. The ladders slide along on wheels and rails for both safety and convenience. The marble floor has symbols inlaid that denote the section of the library in which you stand. The library includes two private study carrels and a number of smaller tables. A single large table allows a researcher more space to spread out texts or large maps. A full-time librarian (Exp1, Profession [librarian] +7, Knowledge [any] +5) working near the entrance maintains a card catalog that indexes the entire library. This index cuts any research time here by 50%. In addition to the typical librarian, you can employ one or more sages (Knowledge [any] +7) to provide assistance with Knowledge skill checks. This library can hold up to six different lots of books on specific subjects. For example, it could contain books on religion, general knowledge, the planes, arcana, nature, and history.

21.Magic Laboratory, Fancy - Similar but superior to the basic magic laboratory, this room has every tool the aspiring meddler in magic might need at his ready disposal. The walls of this place are covered with blackboards upon which all sorts of arcane or obscure notes can be scrawled. The rough tile floor allows easy cleaning while also preventing slips and falls. Four basins are in the place, each of which has a barrel of water suspended over it, complete with a tap to permit easy access. An emergency barrel mounted on a hinged platform can be tilted to pour water over a person in case of an emergency. A single spellcaster using this laboratory and having its resources all to himself receives a +4 circumstance bonus on Spellcraft checks made to determine whether a new spell is viable (including assistance from the apprentice spellcaster). Alternatively, up to four spellcasters can share this space at the same time and gain a +2 circumstance bonus on such checks. An apprentice spellcaster (Clr1, Drd1, Sor1, or Wiz1; Spellcraft +5) is on hand to assist others.

22.Storage, Luxury - This marble-floored room includes well-built shelves and fine-quality cabinets. An overstuffed chair in the center allows you to sit in comfort while the clerk or other servants retrieve desired goods. The clerk here serves as a quartermaster and inventory manager. The area has about 3,000 cubic feet of usable storage space. If you need a greater capacity, you can purchase this component multiple times. You can turn a storage space into a vault with the addition of safeguards such as watchmen, strong walls, traps, locks, and wondrous architecture.

23.Throne Room, Luxury - Affordable only to the most puissant of emperors, queens, and absolute monarchs, this, the finest of assembly rooms, displays the ruler’s wealth, power, and dispensation for the sweet comforts in life. This chamber spares no expense in impressing the visitor, whether visiting ambassador, merchant with goods for sale, or the simplest commoner. The walls display a splash of colors that depict complementary themes of blue skies, splashing white-tipped and wave-filled oceans, white birds awing, and fish jumping into the air. Sparkling gems and precious metals adorn the enormous throne. Raised up on a dozen pink marble steps, the throne and its occupant gaze out on the chamber like an omnipotent ruler. When using this area for negotiations and discussions, the lord of this chamber receives a +4 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks. This room holds up to thirty guests in addition to the throne’s occupant. Purchase this space multiple times for a larger area

Xerial

My cohort was selected not to be a bodyguard, or anything more than for flavor, given that Casimir is not the type to let others do the work for him when it comes to a fight. With the current restriction I imagine she'd be outright shot down as one, which sours me on wanting to even take Leadership and changes a large element of his reputation.

MrBubbles

Well damn, now I'm at an impasse.

Do I make a big ole raging Fighter (Viking) with STR and attack out the wazoo...

... Or do I make a giant eagle-riding Cavalier built to tirelessly pursue single-targets and neutralize them for the powers that be? The former would probably be more fun to make and less of a headache, but I can see the other being a pretty cool guy to RP (this guy's in the girl abduction business, and business is good.)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Xerial on September 14, 2014, 08:17:35 PM
My cohort was selected not to be a bodyguard, or anything more than for flavor, given that Casimir is not the type to let others do the work for him when it comes to a fight. With the current restriction I imagine she'd be outright shot down as one, which sours me on wanting to even take Leadership and changes a large element of his reputation.

You can still use the event, I could make her as NPC but a one which pops in and out (as have send dragon wandering and such).

MrBubbles

Gerakis is more or less complete! Now it's just an issue with writing up a Description and list of mighty deeds for this hulk...

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good, would like also details about the Reaver race origins.

Re Z L

A&A

MrBubbles

Zaer Darkwail

Get magic item which blocks rays (I am sure there is spell, like glober of invulrenabillity; lesser which would allow block it plus spells 3th level or lower). Also it does not stack so having high enough Str so that even if foe maximize and empowers it, it would not stop you. Or simply increase touch AC or get miss chance (like displacement) against it. Or mirror image item.

ShadowFox89

I'll be able to work on my character on Thursday after work, the beginning and end of the week are always crazy for me.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kaliatas

Okay, I think I have all my followers figured out. Since I'm a big lazy pants, I just found NPCs on pfsrd that were the right level and used those. So these should just be for their stats, no their disposition. I'll give a short description with each link.

I think all their sheets follow the correct limits, but I figure they are pretty pathetic compared to a player their stats aren't terribly important except for the first two perhaps.

6th level. Quantity: 2
The most veteran troops in Yysara's employ. Although they are far from the power of someone like their leader, they are equally above your average soldier. Wielding halberds, they deal with any rabble that tries to bother Yysara as well as training her troops.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-4/grizzled-mercenary-human-warrior-6

5th Level. Quantity: 2
The highest nobility under Yysara, they deal with much of the administration end of her castle and are skilled riders.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-3/falconer-human-aristocrat-5

4th Level. Quantity: 4
Yysara's lieutenants. Each leads a squad of guards that she is responsible for managing, training, and keeping in line.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-2/veteran-buccaneer-human-warrior-4

3rd Level. Quantity: 7
The few magically skilled among Yysara's ranks. They have meager talent when compared to the ruler of the castle, but their powers are still far above the common folk.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-1/initiate-human-adept-3

2nd Level. Quantity: 13
Yysara's servants. They are loyal only to their mistress and serve her in all things.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/barmaid

1st Level. Quantity: 135
The guard. The lowest ranking of those dedicated to Yysara. They keep the peace and enforce her will within the castle walls.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/foot-soldier-human-warrior-1

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good list and you got keep even mapped :). So your char is ready to go Kaliatas.

However for rest; there is still weekend to work on your chars and deadline is in next week tuesday to complete the chars. Also Ershin has sadly left the game even after I made leadership feat change :(.

Zaer Darkwail

1-2 paragraphs of famous deed + normal background info? Perhaps expected too much from people in typing :P. But at least should get creative writers then.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, that was one reasons why I asked that background + the deeds. So each char is well developed in player's mind. I have left world open otherwise so they can be foreigners or from Kingdom of Volt (or devil/fiendish race here and there). Same with women.

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good :). Just add strengths (if any) to each act. Also one acts must be related to Kingdom of Volt to earn King Volt's favor. Perhaps during act 2 he destroyed village which opposed Volt's reign and had been pain in ass?

ShadowFox89

Trying to decide between one of two builds.... And male or female. Been sick this week, haven't had much energy to work on anything.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Awww Shadow :(. I myself was sick but one day really, stomach went upset in middle of night and gave me uncomfortable next day.

ShadowFox89

I have a bad tooth infection and need to get a root canal on Tuesday. And tomorrow I will be at school for the whole day.

It doesn't help that I can't decide what class to go with....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Pick any. Or if take hint from Asmodeus as general deity in Kingdom of Volt and you could enter Diabolist PrC.

ShadowFox89

I got my sheet done.... then noticed that Rez also made a Magus....

Got 12 hours of school today, then work + root canal + school tomorrow and more school on Weds in the morning.... so no time to work on the sheet anymore until Weds afternoon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I keep recruitment open after tuesday as we got only 1 complete male (1 incomplete one) and 2 complete females (and in PM one nearly done).

Ghostwheel

For how long? Knowing myself, if it goes on long enough, my interest will begin to wane...

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 22, 2014, 10:10:45 AM
For how long? Knowing myself, if it goes on long enough, my interest will begin to wane...

I start OOC/IC threads in tuesday so game starts but recruitment is ongoing still. But if no one is found I fill last 2 spots both sides with NPC's.

Xerial

Hate to say it, but I'm hurting for the creation of this character.

I am going to give it one more go tomorrow. I am going to strip away Leadership, and focus on making him more complete (and less charismatic) as a fighter. Going to keep the dragon punch/subjugation, but as an NPC tied event (unless some lovely lady want to play a silver dragon devoted to a rough around the edges bruiser).

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, here is the OOC thread (it is located in NC - Exotic Small Groups to cover all potential scenarios);

Inside OOC is links for IC threads for men and the women separately. Repost your charsheet in first post you do in the OOC thread and I later add links to said posts for easier finding the sheets.

Now, if any missing spots in either side I will generate NPC's during the next weekend but the recruitment is still open for the game and you can join in later. Even if got charsheet only done but I ask you complete the three acts/famous events in char's past quickly or else I need invent them for said char (if someone rolls knowledge rolls about said char and there is no three acts/events already written by the player). If you got problems in making the events/acts PM to me and I can help in the writing process.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A