Lyndsey's ongoing search for stories.(TG for mostly M.Writer gender irrelevant.)

Started by Lyndsey, November 11, 2013, 08:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyndsey

Lyndsey's idea thread .

Updates.  [Mayb2020 ]:Bumping thread. Still looking to pick up a new story.

Please do not post in this thread.  Send me a PM instead.

Hello and welcome to my humble request thread, where you'll find various ideas and thoughts that I've managed to put in writing before they escape my consciousness. Feel free to stay awhile and browse, and should you find anything that piques your interest, my inbox is always open.

Who is Lyndsey?

Hi there mystery reader! I'm in my twenties, and have been writing/roleplaying since my teens. I first got into it playing World of Warcraft (and various other similar games) and have since moved on to writing here. Outside of writing I am a pretty avid gamer, and home cook as well. I'm generally a pretty easy-going person and happy to communicate with my partners outside of writing, and have skype/discord available on request to that end .

Below, you'll find a few short blurbs describing what I am like as a partner.

About me!

Characters I play: I am transgender myself, and thus primarily play pre-operative male-to-female transgender characters. I usually prefer to play opposite male characters, but will consider others should the plot be of sufficient interest. In addition, I try to make my characters real and believable. They have hopes, dreams, dislikes and desires. More often than not, they'll be strong in their own ways too. Long story short, don't expect a porcelain doll that will bend to your every whim.

Writing and Grammar: I consider myself an average writer, and seek partners at/above my level, and while mistakes are bound to happen, I find that I am unable to work with a partner who comes up with posts riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Not a slight on anyone who does not have English as their native tongue, but it's just a bit jarring to me I'm afraid. Additionally, I only write from the third person perspective.

Setting and sexual preferences: I prefer stories grounded in reality, set in modern times, though there are certain exceptions to this. Other settings that I have enjoyed include 1950s-60s Americe (Possibly as part of a time travel tale) as well as the occasional post-apocalyptic romp. Like many others, I tend use images of real people for the appearances of my characters. I also will not play across any anime/cartoon characters or involve myself in any stories set in those sorts of worlds.

In terms of sexuality my characters will be 'bottom' for want of a better word, and generally attracted to men. For a more detailed insight into what pushes my buttons, feel free to check out my O/o's via the link in my signature or the section above.

Posting rate and length: Barring certain exceptions, I am able to post at least once every three days, though I am well capable of multiple responses on the same day . Real life might get in the way of writing sometimes and I'll be sure to inform my partners if that is that case, and expect the same in return. On my partner's end, I usually expect a post or two a week, though of course, it'll be awesome if you are able to post with greater frequency and I'll usually be able to match your rate.

Plot vs smut: I've noticed that a large chunk of content involving transgender characters in roleplay are generally centered around smut. In terms of that, I'd like to break the mold. The plot definitely comes first for me, and while I don't see much point in trying to come up with a ratio of plot to smut I'd expect in my threads, I'd definitely like heavy emphasis on the former. Don't get me wrong, my characters enjoy a good romp in the sheets like anyone else, but if that's all your looking for, then I'm probably not your gal.

Last but most definitely not least.... Most importantly of all, have fun! I'm sure all of us do this for fun, and I don't want anyone to feel obligated to write with me. If you feel for any reason our pairing or plot is not working out, just let me know, no hard feelings. I'll be sure to do the same. That said, I can only write with so many people, and I choose my partners based on how well I think we'd write together. Should I turn down a proposal, it's only because I feel we aren't all that compatible, so please don't feel too hard done by! There is a vast ocean of partners out there, and I'm sure you'll find one that suits you soon better than I soon enough.

What about you?

Now that you know a little about me, in this section you'll find the qualities that I hope to see in any potential partners.

My ideal partner.

Gender: I'll happily write with anyone, regardless of gender, so long as I feel that we'll be a good fit for each other in terms of writing together. That said, I prefer males as sexual partners for my characters, but may occasionally deviate from this course. Sexuality, like gender can be and often is fluid after all.

Creativity and multiple characters: I seek a partner capable of bringing their own spin to the plot, throw the occasional curveball and share the creative load as the story progresses, and impose the same expectations on myself.

Additionally, we meet many people in a normal day of our lives, even if the majority of those are just fleeting encounters. Similarly, the world out characters inhabit should be a living one. Thus, I seek a partner who like myself, is willing to play multiple characters, as and when required.

GMs: While not too long ago I would have been hesitant to write with a GM, since I've had an encounter or two with a couple of overbearing ones in the past. However, some of the most positive writing experiences on this site have been with such individuals, and depending on the plot, I would be more than willing to collaborate with anyone who prefers to take a bigger stake when it comes to the direction of the plot.

Communication: Communication is key for me, and I prefer to run any major plot twists or developments by my partner before actually pushing ahead. I expect the same from any potential partners, and would also like to be informed should they have to drop the story for any reason. I wouldn't mind all that much, except when a partner disappears without a trace. I'm also more than happy to communicate OOC be it for world-building or just general chatter, and as previously mentioned have skype available on request.

Possible group scenarios: Some of the ideas in my thread would possibly lend themselves well to a  group setting, and I'd be happy to discuss such a setup should there be sufficient interest.

Tales being told.

Here you'll find all threads that I currently have active. Feel free to browse, if only to get a better idea of the kind of partner I would be. Or better yet, add to this list.

The Lonely road (with Jr)  Playing:
Evangeline Rose

The Lonely road: The Road gets Lonelier (with Jr)  Playing:
Evangeline Rose

The ideas.

In this section you'll find my ideas, stories that I am currently craving. Some of these might already have a character attached to them that I'd like to play, while others are more open-ended. In general, the ideas will be largely be sandboxes which give any potential ample room to put their own stamp on things. Writing on E is after all, a collaborative effort and  I am of course, open to discussions and world-building with any potential partners and can/will alter these ideas and/or characters to make them a better fit.

Additionally, if none of the ideas below tickle your fancy and you have one of your own, feel free to share! I'm always open to exciting new stories.

2132: A woman from the present wakes up in an unfamiliar future.(Taken)

Inspiration: Altered Carbon, Cyberpunk 2077

Themes: Cybperpunk, Futuristic, Action.

Seeking: Single partner, GM, Possible group.

The plot: This would be my second attempt at getting this plot off the ground, since the first one did not pan out. It would be set in the year 2132, where New York city has now been re-branded Neon City. MC would be a government agent from the present-day, who got herself grievously wounded while on an assignment and was subsequently put into cryogenic sleep, only to be re-awoken in 2132. The reasons for said re-awakening would tie into the main plot, and are completely up for discussion. Perhaps a wealthy benefactor has a job that he needs done, or some agency needs someone who isn't going to be in the databases of the day for an assignment. These are just mere examples and I'd be happy to discuss/alter them depending on the preferences of potential partners.

As for the details of the world at large, I'd like things to be grounded in reality, so nothing too extreme and fanciful. I envision a world where the wealthy and successful live in opulent apartments high up above street level, and with the advent of automated flying vehicles rarely have to come down to the ground any more. Drones would be a huge thing, and an essential part of everyday life, as would be A.I. Medical technology and weapons would be fairly advanced as well, to that extent that losing an appendage might not be that bad a thing with the prosthetics of the future and upgrade over flesh and bone, and people would be voluntarily replacing their limbs. This world would be ripe for creativity with endless possibilities, and ideally, I would like a partner who would enjoy fleshing the world as we go along. I would be seeking either a GM or single partner, and the ability to write side characters as necessary would be crucial for this plot. Feel free to drop me a line if this piques the interest, and we can discuss things further.

Second Life: Assassinations, espionage and a 'normal' life?
Second life.

Inspiration: Various spy/action movies.

Themes: Modern, Realistic, Action, Espionage.

The plot: MC is part of a covert government organization that carries out tasks deemed too controversial to taken on by any of the more familiar intelligence fronts. Think assassinations, corporate espionage, target protection, and everything/anything in between. The plot would revolve around these missions, and also how the characters involved balance it with maintaining a so called 'normal' life. As once could imagine, anyone involved in this line of work would not be able to tell friends, family and so on about what they do, and the trials and tribulations they would face both on the job and off would be central to the story.

Ideally, I would like to write with a Gm for this plot, one who would enjoy creating a living, breathing world around my character. That is not to say I expect such a partner to carry the creative burden, of course. I am looking at a collaborative effort and have plenty of ideas in mind already for this particular plot.

Alternatively, this idea can just as easily be adapted for a single writing partner, or a group should there be sufficient interest. If this is the option you are interested in pursuing do tell me more about the kind of character you would be interested in playing across mine.

Possible spins -

Growing pains: In a slightly different take on this plot, I would also be open to playing a slightly older character, who happened to have a kid rather young. The main met and bones of the plot would still be the same, except with the slice of life portions centering around MC trying to balance her job and being a parent.

The Lonely Road: In the city that never sleeps, join one of New York's finest on her journey.
The lonely road. Currently Craving!

*Am currently running this game, but am happy to have another instance of it running with another partner.

Inspiration: Police procedurals.

Themes: Modern, Realistic, Action, Crime.

Seeking: GM.

The plot: This is going to be short, as it's more of a general gist of things than anything else. I do have several plot threads and ideas in mind to share should discussions get that far.

Set in New York, (MC) is a detective with the NYPD. I envision this plot to take on the format of police procedurals, moving from case to case with a sprinkling of the various trials and tribulations of life in between. Below you'll find a detailed profile of the character that I'll be playing, I'm always open to making changes as and when necessary to make her a better fit, so feel free to share and suggestions or input you might have.

Character

Name: Evangeline Rose
Place of birth: Jersey City, New Jersey

Physical description: Evangeline stands at 5'7", with shoulder length blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. While not physically imposing, she is agile and light on her feet. While not on the job, she can come across as rather plain, and can usually found in jeans, t-shirts, tanks and sneakers. On the job, she is able to pull off many looks, picking whichever is best to suit her needs.

Skills: Expert marksman, Social chameleon, Quick and agile, Keen observational skills, intuition and intellect. Skilled driver, and possesses knowledge of vehicles, gleaned from her time working with her father in his garage.

Personality: Cynical, cold and calculating, Evangeline has been dubbed the 'ice queen' at her old precinct. She is an extremely private person and rarely reveals her thoughts and feelings to anyone. She has trust issues and is only truly open with a small handful that she has let into her inner circle, though those that manage to make it that far will find a warm and kind-hearted individual. Usually quiet and reserved, she is very observant and quick-witted, and relies on her intelligence rather than physical prowess in a confrontation. She is an excellent liar, able to blend in effortlessly in a variety of social scenarios. Evangeline is also idealistic, stubborn and has a little bit of a temper, which has gotten her into trouble on more than one occasion.

Character background:

Born Evan Rose, the only child to an average suburban family in New Jersey, Evan's early childhood was a happy one. Everything would change one fateful night when Evan was five however, when his mother was apparently murdered in an apparent mugging gone wrong. Growing up without a feminine figure in his life, the child gradually became interested in the fairer sex to the point of obsession. Initially dismissing his child's behavior as just a phase, Evan's father did his best to raise him on his own, even though running the garage he owned took up most of his time. It would soon become apparent however, that what Evan had been going through was anything but a phase, and the man eventually relented and allowed his child to get the treatments and surgeries to became who he was both inside and out at the age of sixteen. Evan had become Evangeline.

A bright and intelligent child, Evangeline easily breezed through high school, graduating close to the top of the class. She moved on to study criminal justice in college, but instead of becoming a lawyer like her mother, Evangeline decided instead to move across the Hudson and join the NYPD, determined to make a difference and not allow another child to suffer growing up without a parent, like she did. Discriminated against because of her unique past, Evangeline had to work doubly hard compared to her peers to prove herself, scoring top marks in the police academy , before racking up an impressive string of arrests to make the rank of detective.

In doing so however, she's stepped on a number of toes. She's been described as cold and difficult to work with, and generally prefers to keep to herself most of the time. 

Possible scenarios:

Scenario 1: Young Evangeline - This would be more of a slice of life type of deal, set during the character's days as a student in college, exploring her formative years and the events that shaped her as a person. I don't foresee too much action here, though there is always room for improvisation and creativity!

Scenario 2: The detective -  This scenario would center around the character's time with the NYPD. Plenty of room for thrills and spills here, this scenario could see us taking a cue from police procedurals and moving from case to case, with perhaps a larger overarching plot to link things together.

Scenario 3: The future - Set a couple of years into the near future, this scenario would see the character moving on from the NYPD to a secretive government agency. However, she can't remember anything that has transpired in the past couple of years and only recently woke up to find large gaps in her memory the past few years. This scenario would follow a similar format to scenario 2, with the character working to regain her lost memories, while unraveling what happened to her, and what she did during that time.

World building thread

Bloody Sins: An assassin with a code. What could go wrong?
Bloody sins.

Inspiration: John Wick, Hitman.

Themes: Modern, Realistic, Action, Crime.

The plot: An orphan grows up to be an assassin, one with a code - she doesn't kill anyone who does not 'deserve it'. Coruupt politicians, scummy CEOs and all manner of criminals include. But when someone plays judge, jury and executioner in such a manner, she's bound to make enemies, on both sides of the law. And what if she makes a mistake, and kills someone that breaks her so-called code?

Set in New York, there are plenty of possibilities in regards to where this plot could go. A GM partner would be ideal, although a single partner playing an unknowing friend who gets sucked into the chaos, or a police officer hot on the case are interesting options as well.

Two of a Kind: Two sisters, one big city.
Two of a kind.

Themes: Modern, Realistic, Slice of life.

Seeking: GM, Possible group.

The plot: This one is a bit of a change of pace from most of the other plots on this thread. A bit of a slice of life tale involving two transgender sisters, raised by a single parent and set in a major city. Will come up with detailed backgrounds and personalities for both siblings should any be interested in this plot, but for now I'll keep things general and broad-stroked. I envsion the older sibling to be in her late twenties, confident, driven, someone who is ambitious and works hard to get what she wants, whereas the younger is a little more bookish and reserved, someone still feeling her way through the world and figuring what she wants in life.

In terms of partners, I think I would prefer a GM capable of writing a cast of varied characters, in what is essentially a sandbox for these sisters to exist in, while I will write for both sisters, with any potential partner writing for one during interactions between the two. Alternatively, this plot could also be adapted for three people should there be sufficient interest. As this is a slife of life story, drama and the characters would be the key driving element behind the thread, and I see plenty of romance and perhaps event comedic elements woven in along the way.

I'll be happy to discuss ideas with any potential partners and build something we'd both be happy with, so feel free to drop me a message if there is any interest in something like this.

Other possibilities:

Post-apocalyptic scenario: Been having a bit of an itch for doing something in this genre later, though not necessarily of the zombie apocalypse kind. Perhaps something more along the lines of a biological attack, a virus that perhaps wipes out a sizeable chunk of the population, and the story would canter around those left behind as they try to pick up the pieces and move on. It's a very rough idea at this point, but should there be any interest I'd be happy to bounce ideas off someone else to see what we can come up with.

gerreccia

New girl in school (Ts x M/Multiple characters)

I've never tried to role play with a transgender character but in terms of writing it I'm curious.
I'd be open to chatting, working out characters and a story.
gerreccia

Lyndsey

You're most welcome to send me a message to see if we can work something out!  :-)

Lyndsey

Jr

You've definitely got some gears turning in my head. How do you feel about system games?

Lyndsey

I suppose it would depend on what you had in mind, you're more than welcome to send me private message me about it.

Chreestafer

If it's still open I'd love to work something out with you on the detective story line.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lyndsey

With all the craziness going on, I have a little more time on my hands and would like to pick up a new story or two.

Stay safe everyone!