News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

2 Broke Girls

Started by Beorning, February 16, 2013, 01:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Oh dear. Anybody seen this show? I just happened to catch it when channel-surfing. It must be one of the most unfunny sitcoms I've ever seen...

Here, let me show you an example of the show's "humour":

2 Broke Girls - I Don't Think So!

Monfang

Completely agree. It is only made worse by the forced laugh tracks put on extra loud to cover the groans of pain from the crew.

Beorning

Yeah. I've seen a few bad sitcoms in my time (2005's Love Inc., for instance...), but this one is one of the worst.

I mean, peeing jokes. Come on.  ::)

Monfang

Sounds like Tosh.0 minis the clear attempt to cover up the host's homosexuality.

This ought to be a thread about naming bad TV shows that won't die.

Beorning

Quote from: Monfang on February 16, 2013, 02:22:08 PM
This ought to be a thread about naming bad TV shows that won't die.

It can be, if you want it to :)

Here's another example: the newest Charlie Sheen vehicle, Anger Management. I've happened to watch a few episodes and I found the show to be 100% unfunny. Not a single good joke!

Chris Brady

I'd put The Big Bang Theory on that list.  I admit I laughed, at Penny (I think that's her name) and her friends (Season one Hallow's Eve special) but at Penny in general.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Silverfyre

My mother loves 2 Broke Girls and sometime last year we all sat down to watch an episode.  I was more offended than anything else.  It's not only unfunny but incredibly poorly written, acted and demeaning.  There is comedy and then there is just trash; this obviously qualifies as that.

Beorning

Okay, I've happened to watch some more episodes of this show (as it's on when there's nothing much else and I like to watch TV when cleaning dishes etc.). Initially, I thought it may be one of these shows that need to grow on you - I admit I wasn't that impressed first time I saw How I Met Your Mother or Everybody Loves Raymond. So, I gave 2 Broke Girls a chance...

... nope, it's still not funny.  >:(

In fact, it may really be the worst sitcom I've ever watched... I can't believe it's still on. Who's writing this trash? And who's watching it (aside from me, that is)?

Shjade

Quote from: Beorning on March 10, 2013, 02:21:55 PM
And who's watching it (aside from me, that is)?

My stepfather. -.-

Not that that surprises me considering some of the other hits on his regular watch list include Survivor and its various derivatives, Big Bang Theory and Two & a Half Men among other series I'd charitably describe as "tripe."
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Beorning

Oh, personally I consider The Big Bang Theory and Two & Half Men to be waaaaay better than 2 Broke Girls. Sure, TBBT has its weak moments and the other one is a bit too... bitter for my tastes, but they are nothing like 2BG. 2BG is... as if someone intentionally made a TV series out of bad and distasteful jokes...

It's especially surprising, as 2BG has actually a *better* premise than some other sitcoms. A poor girl and a former millionaire living and working together... can you go wrong with that? Apparently, you *can*...

Kythia

Kythia

Well, I haven't overly kinda analysed my thoughts about it.  But I like how few demands it makes of me.  I can sit and watch it without having to think or weigh up ideas or any of that boring shit.  It's kinda the TV equivalent of, I dunno, the narrator of that "they came for the trade unionists" poem.  Sure there are some crimes going on against decency and taste but they don't affect me in the slightest and I think Kat (the poor one) can be kinda funny at times.  And I like Sophie - the Polish lass who lives in the apartment above.

Beorning

Ah. Okay then :) I have already voiced my opinion, but what do I know? I still get an occassional laugh out of South Park...

BTW. Sophie? Oh dear. I'm Polish... If Sophie is supposed to be a representation of Poles, then I'm offended.  >:(

Naiah

Wow.. I want a refund on the 2.31 mins I just wasted watching this..