Looking for an RPing partner for a fantasy RP! :3

Started by RedRuby, May 12, 2011, 07:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRuby

Hello! The story to this RP is a fairly basic one, but let's get some background info first. It's a medieval fantasy RP, so swords, magic, horses, and such. There will be combat, if that's alright with you, and if all goes well, this will be an RP for a while, with lots of stuff happening :3

so, on a dark road at night, a lone girl (Ruby, played by me :3) is travelling. She doesn't expect to be attacked by highwaymen! If she gets any help, adventures will be had! And this isn't just me running things, I would love it if you create too!

So, just one person. Does anyone wanna RP? :3

Drunkentarget

Eh, it sounds sterotypical but I've always thought that to be where the fun begins.
If you don't mind someone who enjoys twisting fantasy genre tropes like a kitten with a ball of string i'll join you.
Well, and the being a newb to the forum  thing, I've done RP before just not here.

RedRuby

I would love to have you :3 and if you have ideas, I would love to hear them. Anything to make this a better experience for the both of us, right?

Drunkentarget

Alright, then I have to ask this before I do anything else.
How serious do you want the RP to be? I can roll with just about any level of serious for RP but I want to get an idea as to where you were hoping to land in terms of fantasy-land traditional tale of epic adventure scale.
Brothers grimm? Middle earth?  Discworld? there are lots of places in between, so just let me know what you are looking for.

RedRuby

Lol, not quite Brothers Grimm, that's like.... WAAAAAY over the top serious. Middle earth sounds about right, or do you know anything about fire emblem? Somewhere between those two would be perfect.

Drunkentarget

Alright then, I can run fire emblem (beat the ever loving crap out of things in that game with the Pegasus trio)
I always like to know this so I can start throwing out ideas for that fit.

So we want to have characters that are invested in the world, the world needs a fair bit of backstory and all that jazz. 
The elves, dwarves and humans of the world maintain tenuous truce pacts after several centuries of war had taught each of them the power and strength of the other. The pact has been maintained for fifty years, but the major lords of the human lands are calling for an heir to appear as the current king is beginning to fail in his age.
Magic while existing is not used in a fantastic number due to both the nature of magic users and the fact that many of those who do not possess magic consider its use dishonorable and craven.
The art of making truely powerful magic is the realm of the elves and even they have lost much of it. The weapons of years past are artifacts of power that more often then not spark world engulfing wars due to lust for their powers, so even if the elves could craft such things it is doubtful they would speak of it.
The dwarves mine the depths and unless forced to search for help tend to keep to themselves.

Other such stuff like that?

RedRuby

That sounds great! (I'm personally a myrm/SM fangirl, Joshua was epic ^.^) anyway,I'll probably make up a character template thing so we can say what kinds of characters we're using. Imreally sorry about the delay though, it's been a busy week for work...

Drunkentarget

No worries on the delays, that is what forums are useful for. If I wanted a quick response I'd use IM or something similar.