News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mahou Hentai (NC, interest check )

Started by DKDBSD, August 26, 2010, 07:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliza

I'm thinking of making a character that is from the human world, but was transported to the magical world 50 or some years before Trish and Charlotte does. She does so via the same means Trish and Charlotte got transported. So, if we're sticking with the magical book transporting people to the magical world, this book would have been passed down to the possession of Trish and Charlotte.

My character will be a human male soldier that was sent home after the war was over (I'm going for WWII). He will be from Lousiana, "voodoo country," and he stumbles upon the book while going through the attic of his parents' home.

My character will be proficient in Restorative magic (primary), and adjuration (secondary). Can I do that?

DKDBSD

Charlotte is actually from the magical country. Erm technically you can as they need to be proficient in all magical forms to be recognised a fully fledged witches. The speciality is merely the one they pick up the fastest and are best at. So all the council witches are very good at all forms of magic but they still have their best to worst areas.

Eliza

Do we have a complete list of all the forms of magic that is required of all fully fledged witches?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Eliza on August 29, 2010, 07:40:20 PM
Do we have a complete list of all the forms of magic that is required of all fully fledged witches?

Erm some where on the fourth page it's still incomplete though. :/ I want twelve but it's far harder come up with twelve magic styles then I thought.

Eliza

So story-wise then, has the magical world have any wars recently?

I want my character to be something like a magical knight, a healer amongst the ranks. Also, the appearance of my witch has armor incorporated in her outfit.

Is magic done with a wand, or just free hands? And can witches use physical weapons like swords, staffs, daggers, and the like?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Eliza on August 29, 2010, 07:49:54 PM
So story-wise then, has the magical world have any wars recently?

I want my character to be something like a magical knight, a healer amongst the ranks. Also, the appearance of my witch has armor incorporated in her outfit.

Is magic done with a wand, or just free hands? And can witches use physical weapons like swords, staffs, daggers, and the like?

Well the magic is free handed but can be used with a staff. I'm unsure about the weapon thing I suppose they could be but I'd want it to be a rare thing. The point of the familiar is defence against physical damage they are guardians. So I wouldn't want plain weapons to be a common thing for witches to use. What did you mean magical knight exactly? Also could you show me this image you want to use?

>.>

Eliza

Sure thing.

Armor like this minus the breastplate, greaves, right pauldron,
right gauntlet, and spear. Sheathed shortsword added.
Breastplate will be replaced by the top like this one (color
white with red trim) though, will be a bit longer. A hood will be
connected to the garment. Thighhighs (same color as top) will be worn
under the steel boots and shin guards. Right arm will be void of any
clothing, although tattoos will be covering the exposed arm.

I was hoping my character will be a knight healer, like a medic in the army. In the recent war, regular humans and witches fought alongside against an enemy, The witches fighting in the war would be like battlemages, primarily using magic for offense and defense. A shortsword or dagger would be the main weapons some of them used, but only used as a last resort for protection. Weapons would be employed, maybe if the user's least proficiency is in familiars (or none at all).

My character is still trying to become a full fledged witch, it's just at the time of the war (50 years before the present time of the magical world), she was employed for her proficiency in abjucation and restoration. She put training on hold until the war was over with. Presently, she is has done service in the war, but still need some more training.

Miles Trent

Cassandra and Hilde from Soulcalibur IV.  ::) Those were the days...

Here be my character:

Elzam - Elzabriam is his real name of demonic nature, given by his demon (type of demon I have yet to ascertain) of a father. Elzam is the name given by his late mother, also a witch, whom he now identifies himself as. Being half breed, I want him to be naturally magically attuned, able to channel his spiritual energies to be able to charge his body to be as hard as steel (his human blood) and have high proficiency in the art of illusion (his demon blood). He will not be able to learn magic or have the abilities of a witch, since only human women in this world can have them. He will be a travelling wanderer of the world, under the guise of a trickster and entertainer, with considerable martial unarmed skill. His incredibly fit body and demonic bloodline are his weapons.

His history will be revealed as the RP goes on. Maybe if DK allows it, Elzam may be able to 'unlock' more demonic abilities as the story progresses.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

Lol Soul Calibur IV isn't that old XD. E

Erm all right as long as she isn't capable of the using spiritual energy with her weapons but she could use the other elements with them. Anyways yes that would work there would have been a war on a good thirty years ago. (Elena has only been on the council ten years) So there would have been another war which might have just finished.

Eliza

Nope, just a regular shortsword for my character, whose name will be Eva.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Eliza on August 30, 2010, 03:38:14 AM
Nope, just a regular shortsword for my character, whose name will be Eva.

Shiny.

endlesspie

I'll post my character concept tomorow, busyness at work is makin me tired...

DKDBSD

Once we have all the concepts we can think about starting. Any major requests?

Miles Trent

None from me, or at least none that I can think of currently. Im good to go.  XD
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Gladiator0161

This sounds interesting, is there room for one more person? If possible I'd like to play a warrior with some magical ability. I'll hafta think on an appearance. I'll probably use a Soul Caliber character for an appearance like Eliza did, just dunno what one yet.

Also, do you want a short character bio?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on August 31, 2010, 01:13:48 PM
This sounds interesting, is there room for one more person? If possible I'd like to play a warrior with some magical ability. I'll hafta think on an appearance. I'll probably use a Soul Caliber character for an appearance like Eliza did, just dunno what one yet.

Also, do you want a short character bio?

There is room but I really want to keep magic and fighting techniques separate. I guess if he's a demon or an Fae but I would prefer not to have any more.

Gladiator0161

Fair enough. About your fighting techniques, are we talking like super hero style, like super jumps, speed, super strength, like Captain America or Hulk? or the normal regular stuff, like Batman?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what kinda characters are acceptable to you.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on August 31, 2010, 01:34:44 PM
Fair enough. About your fighting techniques, are we talking like super hero style, like super jumps, speed, super strength, like Captain America or Hulk? or the normal regular stuff, like Batman?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what kinda characters are acceptable to you.

This is quite a anime heavy styled rp warriors will mostly be able to use spiritual energy to enhance themselves and hurl spiritual energy. It's hardto explain as the warriors were an after thought to balance it out a bit more.

endlesspie

Miles Trent

Giant beams of pure energy and Super Saiyan modes.  XD

Maybe it could be adapted into something original, meaning without the 'mass devastation' and 'over the top uberness'.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Gladiator0161

Ok, sounds good, I'll just throw out an idea I had for a character then.
Meet Vokk, a traveling warrior.

He's about 6 feet tall, about average strength, but relies more on speed, agility and his skill with his halberd and sword to conquer his foes.
As for his clothing, it's mostly what you see in the picture here, with the exception of shoulder pauldron on his left shoulder and a chest plate that covers his chest and ribs, a gauntlet on each arm and armored greaves complete with boots. All of this is light armor by the way.
He's got some training in using his spiritual energy or "chi" as he calls it but, nothing extravagant, a few fire balls and lightning bolts. Most of his knowledge went into defensive abilities. So, shields and the like.

That's pretty much it. If anything is unacceptable, please let me know.

DKDBSD

Lol not to DB level that would be over kill. XD Human warriors are not capable of wielding any element besides spiritual power. IE pure spiritual power. Demon warriors can use elements but only ones that are linked to their origin. IE Kain can use fire because he's a Nekomata and they are fiery a wind elemental demon would beable to use wind. Also say for example someone played a Kappa they'd be capable of water magic.

Also see this

QuoteSpirit energy is what non magical fighters learn to obtain. Through their method they can skip the other elements and create spiritual energy their control is less fine tuned and it takes them longer to create  a stronger power. Because of there method they are unable to use the other elements without a magic user. )

Basically a human woman needs to gather and create what makes up spirit (Ie the other elements) and mould them to create the likes of spirit. This affords them far greater control and technique. Where as the men (this is a rare ability) are able to create pure spiritual energy but it takes them longer to learn control but can do a bit more with it when they master it.

pendarious

the spiritual energy concept sounds kinda....either like bleach or Yu Yu Hakushou i'm not altogether sure which
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

DKDBSD

Quote from: pendarious on August 31, 2010, 03:34:37 PM
the spiritual energy concept sounds kinda....either like bleach or Yu Yu Hakushou i'm not altogether sure which

Spiritual energy isn't unique to me or either of those series. >.>

pendarious

i know that *shrugs* i don't meddle with spiritual energy basis anime often most of the time i'm watching:

Mahou shoujo
Mecha
Romantic Comedy/Slice of Life

that sorta thing.....the whole Shonen spirit energy and what have you bit got old when i finished yu yu hakusho as a kid.......
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND