The Threat of a New Life

Started by Spectre, August 11, 2017, 06:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

Thanks for stopping by!
I have a concept that feels like too much fun to leave alone, so I wanted to share. I would like to play a thief, in either a historical fiction or fantasy setting, getting more than what they barging for when a job goes,... astray. It'd like to play more farce than fierce, a light comedy/drama, but the rating could change, if nessiacary.
Two version of my story stick in my mind;
1.) Life  changes drastically for a unsuspecting highwayman, when he led an ambush on the wrong carriage and find a noble within who is just infatuated with the idea of being kidnapped by scoundrels. No one ever intended on a kidnapping, and the alarm grows when the noble, offended by the lack of attack and ransom, refuses to take no,for an answer and follows their would-be kidnappers home.

2. Creeping through mansions, lifting any glittering trinket she can place her hands on made our thief a dangerous but interesting  life. That will end abruptly when, during one of the most lavish galas of the season, she breaks into the wrong room and find a young nobleman, frustrated with his cushy life and desperate for something more. Now, to stay away from the law or worse, the little thief has to take on this "apprentice" of sorts, and keep them both alive long enough to teach him her illegal trade.

These were the rough draft, please feel free to message with and questions, interest or ideas of your own!