Adventurer needed[Looking for F]

Started by indethicus, March 13, 2013, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indethicus

The Region of Eshalon

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/Deathbringer6679/lll/RP%20armor/Alderaan.jpg~original

Eshalon, a region in the world of Nosterra, a region where adventures and opportunity can be found aplenty, where the brave and the bold often found fortune in the face of danger or violent death for those who failed to grasp at these opportunities. Eshalon is a tumultuous region riddled by age old conflicts between nations, tribes, guilds and all manner of wild dangers. For many centuries, very few nations dares to established a foothold in this secluded region of Nosterra because of it's untameable wilderness and the hidden threat that sleeps deep beneath the surface. It is the region of the world where only the most daring and the toughest of survivor would survive and if they're lucky, thrive.

Very few parts of Eshalon that tasted civilization, most of the region are swallowed up by immense ancient forests and maze-like jungles and amongst the mountains, hills and forests are remnants of ancient civilization that had once attempted to claim Eshalon for their own, but fell short. These ancient ruins, temples, dungeons and wilderness serves as an incredible backdrop to an adventurer's tale. However, the untameable part wilderness of Eshalon isn't the only part that is dangerous, cities and towns that makes up the few civilizations in Eshalon also has its own hidden dangers in the form of guild wars, political machinations, and national conflicts all of them dangerous but where danger is, there's also opportunity.

So what is this RP all about? It is mostly set in a fictional world of my own making using ProFantasy CC3 for the map, tons of images from the web and an endless supply of creativity and imagination. Originally I hadn't intended for this fantasy settings to be used for any game or RP but after coming up with detailed background for each of the nations, races and characters inhabiting this fictional world, I decided to run it up for a RP game.

I admit, I was inspired by Age of Conan MMO and several other Asian MMOs(Oh you know which one ;) ). So expect a lot of skimpy outfits and armors as well as the whole sexual theme to it(this is E after all). In any case, I'm looking for one of the ladies to take up a role of an adventurer, journeying through this fictional world of mine in an often revealing and skimpy looking armor, battling monsters, solving quests and making her own legend.

This RP would mostly be freeform while myself playing as the storyteller that takes up the role of almost everyone, everything and every event in Eshalon, with the exception of my partner's character. Still, I intended for there to be some form of system to this, like having traits and feats that my partner's character would be able to gain during her adventures and that would prove to be useful in the story. There would also be currency for buying and selling stuffs as I want to make it as realistic and alive as possible.

What I'm looking for is a partner who would enjoy enthralling freeform adventure story in a fictional fantasy world, who isn't afraid of a little blood(not to the point of gore, despite some of the images I assure you), violence, action, adventure, and even romance as there is so many characters that I pour countless hours figuring out their background stories and personality.

Features :(kinda wanted to sell the idea like a video game ;) )

- Massive fictional fantasy world to explore

- No central plotline, meaning that your character can do and go wherever she likes

- Many hidden plots and secrets occurring throughout Eshalon ready to be uncovered by enterprising adventurers

- Tons of important and unimportant characters complete with their own detailed backgrounds and personality

- Long-term RP with no definite goal

- Freeform system of adventuring

indethicus

Still looking for any ladies willing to take up the role ;D

Siereis

Hm...well it definitely looks like you have put in the thought for this rp which is both awesome but also brings up a few questionsfor me:

1) given that you referenced Conan and also said what types of activity can occur in this rp...are there any personality traits that you are expecting the female character to posses?  To be blunt as an example would this rp work better if the woman was more accepting of sexual content or would I be able to define my character's personality entirely?  Hopefully this made sense.
2) I realize that you states this would be freeform but on the other hand the fact that you've already got a world and characters on mind makes me think you are thinking something slightly more structured.  So in other words is it freeform in the sense that you respond to whatever it is that the player wishes or do you provide an environment that have choices ans the player reacts to the environment?  Once again...hope this makes sense.
3 finally I suppose any sort of elaboration on what 'sort' of player would work best here would be appreciated.

Regardless I am not usually one for 1 in 1 rps but this one definitely caught my eye.  At fiat thought is love to play but let me know the answers above.  Thanks.

iridum248

Well, you've certainly got my interest.

I've PM'ed you.

Healergirl

Very interesting. You say you are using Conan as an inspiration... at varying times in his career, he was a fighter, a rogue, a even a Ranger.

And excelled at all of hem.  Well, he wasn't extremely successful as a thief, he was too aggressive by nature for that.

But he never got caught, so that counts as a successful career.

RedEve

This is quite interesting, any chance of expanding this to a group setting?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Healergirl

Playing as a group changes the dynamic of the game... perhaps, thugh, a a game with a thread for each layer - we bump into each other on ocasson, our actions indirectly influence each oper - some PvP might result.  Might.  And, ah, warmer encounters as well.

indethicus

Hmmm... that is actually an interesting idea you got there. However, since this is my first time being a DM/storyteller, I'm not ready to control larger crowd of RPers in the same thread at the moment, though the idea of separate thread for a story while still connected in the same world is indeed rather intriguing :-)

RedEve

How much sexual content had you planned for this game concept?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Healergirl

Indethicus,

Trust me, if you are new to online gamemastering, take baby steps. It is quite different from running a tabletop game.  I am an experienced tabletop GM, but my own effort at running a group game was NOT successful, and I blame myself.  I've been considering running each character in a seperate sub-thread should I try it again.

indethicus

Looking to restart this idea of mine :-)

so...bump!

Mystic Mika

Definitely interested, sounds like a great romp.  ;)
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

indethicus

Bump again!

looking to start a new story...

indethicus

Since one of my game had fall through and me only having one story to write at the moment, I'm thinking of starting another story with this idea

any takers? :-)

indethicus

looking to restart this old idea of mine so....bump!

indethicus

Kayla Nylis

Hi there are you still looking for a female adventurer to explore your world?

Your concept reminded me of this game series I used to play, 'Fabled Lands.' I also played the Conan MMO for awhile, but I tend to dislike the MMO grind. As for the Asian MMO, is one of them Blade and Soul? I do not play it, but I have seen pictures of the game. I collected some issues of the Red Sonja comics and I am fine with injecting some gore into the story while wearing a chainmail bikini :)