Karma's insignificant quibble #9001

Started by Karma, February 02, 2009, 11:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This smiley: ^-^

I think it's totally out of place with the emotion intended to be conveyed by the original smiley involved: ^-^

Will

I find that smiley so very annoying.  It's just so smug, I hate it. >:(  I'm glad there's not a button for it, so I don't have to see it as often.

Sorry, /hijack.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Trieste

Errr

What would y'all suggest instead? :)

Cherri Tart

you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Oniya

Graphically speaking, if the eyes on the ^-^ smiley were replaced with just ^'s instead of having the little lines underneath them, it would look more like the intended face.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jag

Quote from: Oniya on February 03, 2009, 04:27:42 PM
Graphically speaking, if the eyes on the ^-^ smiley were replaced with just ^'s instead of having the little lines underneath them, it would look more like the intended face.

I agree.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Mnemaxa

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Nadir

That's why I'm trying to get this one changed, so I can use it without twitching.

Mnemaxa

Good point. 

They don't look to terribly hard to make.  I'll see if I can make something tomorrow when I wake up.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Oniya

I edited the one that we have - I could upload it as my icon for the Powers That Be to snag.

EDIT:  Put it up on Imageshack:
[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

Yeah, neither of the codes that imageshack gave me actually displayed the thing, so I figured the one that gave the link would at least make it available for whoever wants it.

Caeli

Really? O.o; The forum code worked fine.

[URL=http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aznzr7.gif][IMG]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3567/aznzr7.gif[/IMG][/URL]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Psi

Speaking of emoticons....

:rose:

:pinkcuffs:

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Psi on February 04, 2009, 03:24:13 AM
Speaking of emoticons....

:rose:

:pinkcuffs:

Oh thanks.  *immediately goes to PM someone the cuffs*

Sultrynets

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

The Great Triangle

But where's the black handcuffs?

*giggles*
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Incubus

Smile, smiley, smile!

For more (free) smileys: http://www.freesmileys.org/  (or, just click on one of the smileys!)

Sultrynets

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

Trieste

Careful to keep the smileys PG-13ish. :)