Eden, Earth's Last Hope (Conditional recruiting only!)

Started by Adonis, March 03, 2012, 03:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=138991.0

^^ See that link for more information. Eden is no longer in "interest check" phase, but a "further recruitment" phase.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Ravensahnk

I genuinely interested in this.  Depending on how big this thing gets, I'll definitely join in.

Adonis

Well, hopefully I can keep it to 6-8 people. If interest ends up being larger than that, I may consider opening things up further.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

kaz

Wow this sounds amazing.  I'm a huge Dragonriders of Pern fan and this is right up my street.  Definitely interested :)
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

PeacethatPowerbrings

I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Adonis

Aye Kaz, I did draw a bit of inspiration from pernese sources. So, insofar, three interested, one declared/earmarked for a big ol lizard :)
O/O's

Eleah

Very interested too! Put me down as a Chosen/Rider please?! :-)

bubby

DRAGONS?! I WANNA BE A DRAGON!!....oh...lemme read first...

YUP DEFINITELY! Silver preferably...

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm not sure what the arrow in the dragon colour/affinity chart means. Are we limited to ice/fire/air, or can we choose from all of those listed thus far?

Adonis

Its most likely just a formatting error. I do all my gamework on good ol' notepad, so sometimes it doesnt translate quite right. The ones I listed are just fine.

The arrow is attached the the message about requesting other types of dragons being brought in (between other games, literary references, and movies, etc, I probably could have stuck about twenty more in there). However, for simplicity and organizations sake, I opted to keep it simple.
O/O's

undisclosedtoyou

I'll throw my hat into this game.  I've been gunning for a sci-fi/colonization game, and this one looks good :)

I'm prolly going to go with a human, but I'm not sure about gender yet.  I'll wait to see how it adds up later on for that.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Historicity

I'm definitely interested, probably as a dragon.
Also? I can kill you with my brain.

Check out my On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132510.0

Also, my 1x1 roleplay requests: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130337.0

eBadger

Looks interesting...mark me down for a male black dragon.  Is this going to be a simple sandbox, or have some structure as an adventure?

(also, while I'm *squeeee dragon*, some background of the dragons would help before making too much of a concept)

Adonis

This atm is just an interest thread at the moment. More background information will be provided as I get things worked out and set up.

And to answer the earlier question, there will definitely ne plot and structure. This will not be a simple playground to rampage 'round in.
O/O's

eBadger

Quote from: Adonis on March 04, 2012, 12:21:12 AMAnd to answer the earlier question, there will definitely ne plot and structure. This will not be a simple playground to rampage 'round in.

Excellent!

Adonis

The main directory has been created.
Map of Preane has been created
Character creation information, and information on each species of dragon has been created.
OOC thread is up.

All can be found in the main directory, here
O/O's

ShadowFox89

If this is still recruiting, interested in joining as an onyx dragon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Adonis

Aye, still recruiting pretty heavily. Though I am in sore need of some Riders.

Everyone please keep in mind - No riders, no dragons. Dragons will *not* hatch without a rider present to bond.
O/O's

ShadowFox89

Maybe you should put in the title that you aren't recruiting anymore dragons....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Adonis

I would. If it were true :p

Things balance themselves out slowly. Simply because I need more riders than dragons does not in any way mean I'm no longer recruiting them :)
O/O's

Chrystal

I might be interested in being a rider. Depends on who's available as a dragon.

In fact, I might also be interested in being a dragon if you don't have too many!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Caela

I'd so be interested in this game! Since the opener says players can have two characters I'd like to throw in my hat for a female rider and a female Emerald dragon. Will bounce off and work on character sheets! :D

ShadowFox89

I can go with a male onyx and a female rider if need be.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Adonis

Shadow and Caela, I look forward to seeing the sheets!

One a sidenote, we may end up having quite a few f/f pairings based on the numbers haha.
O/O's

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Adonis

O/O's

Chrystal

Quote from: Adonis on March 04, 2012, 02:25:16 PM
Shadow and Caela, I look forward to seeing the sheets!

One a sidenote, we may end up having quite a few f/f pairings based on the numbers haha.

FF pairings FTW!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Adonis

O/O's

undisclosedtoyou

If we get more males, I might go in for a M/M pairing, but if not, I can have him dig the females. :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShadowFox89

I'd prefer my dragon have a female rider ;)

But my rider can be paired up with anyone.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 04, 2012, 02:43:16 PM
I'd prefer my dragon have a female rider ;)

But my rider can be paired up with anyone.

That made me gutter :P
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kaz

I'm happy with either M/F or F/F.  Cant wait to get going, *dances excitedly*
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm happy with a male or female rider, doesn't matter to me.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on March 04, 2012, 03:37:56 PM
I'm happy with a male or female rider, doesn't matter to me.

Peace!  Snugs!  Mind if I PM you for possible plottage?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 04, 2012, 03:39:23 PM
Peace!  Snugs!  Mind if I PM you for possible plottage?

Hey. I don't mind, of course. ;D

Caela

I'm good with whoever either of my girls get paired with. After all, it's not like we have to have sex with our dragon/rider. Might be more convenient at times but didn't see it as an absolute.

Adonis

This is very true. You aren't *required* to get horizontal (Or vertical) with whoever you're partnered with.
O/O's

ShadowFox89

Do we have a bit more description about the dragons? What each type generally looks like and acts like?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Adonis

What they look like, I left up to you guys. The dragons are for the most part pretty generalized, so I thought Id give a little creative freedom with just a skeleton.

As for how they act, again, I didnt want to pidgeonhole you guys. The only decently solid thing Ill tell you is that you can expect a rough heirarchy, or natural pecking order based on size. That's pretty natural though, for just about any species.
O/O's

bubby

*Leers from the corner and sharpens her teeth and claws*

eBadger

Are all the dragons young hatchlings?  I was thinking it would be interesting to play an older one. 

bubby

from what I understand the GM has ALL dragons starting as hatchlings, with mentality ranging from human years of 17-25ish, depending on player.

Adonis

That is correct. All are starting at hatchling size. The single dragon older than that (who is beyond ancient, thanks to magical means) Will be dying off in the first post to wake you little chitlins up.
O/O's

Historicity

Little bit wondersome about the physical size of a hatchling. You said we could shapeshift down in size, but our max size was limited by our age. Just how big is a hatchling at maximum? I mean, are they big enough to carry a rider at birth... hatching, whatever?

Also, my Kaysull and Kaz's Kat have agree'd to partner up, if you needed to know.
Also? I can kill you with my brain.

Check out my On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132510.0

Also, my 1x1 roleplay requests: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130337.0

Adonis

Yes, the silver hatchling is 5 foot tall with a wingspan of 30 feet. I designed them so that at the hatchling stage they would be able to carry a single person, but not much more. You wont be able to pack them down with gear and whatnot past what you can fit in a backpack until they hit their second stage.

As for you pairing with Kaz's rider, her and Caela were paired as of last night. To straighten that out, Ill need the three of you to PM me who's riding with who.
O/O's

Chrystal

Adonis

Recruitment for Eden has been re-opened! Five new playable races in addition to the humans that crash landed are now available for play as riders ! Thread edited to include new information, new linkage, and "OPEN" status as of 3/18 :)
O/O's

Karasu

Character:

And (Is Nude tho)

Name: Si'Railine (Unknown to most tho)
Dragon Type: Silver
Sex: Female
Dragon or Chosen: Dragon

Human Appearance:

Hair: Pure white hanging to her ankles
Eyes: A beautiful ice blue
Skin: pale
Weight: average (Healthy weight)
Height: around 5'4" in human form
Other:  As both a dragon and human she is very shy and takes some time to open up to others, but can be fierce if giving confidence

OOC Ons and Offs: I'm doing for anything, my offs are scat, farting,  piss play
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Adonis

You were supposed to PM the sheet to me, but that will do I suppose  ;) 
O/O's

Karasu

Kate

hey it seems u have heaps of others playing.

if there are any roles that need to be filled / rider or dragon of either gender do pm me - this looks interesting.

Karasu

If ya like I can make a male. I have a rather good one in mind actually (He was who I was going to make first but then I decided to make her XD)

Lord Drake

Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Karasu

Lord Drake

I am SERIOUSLY TEMPTED to do that. I am going to be a bit swamped next month, to be honest, but maybe we could work a solution.

*ponders*
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Karasu

Adonis

Im making my lunch/ breakfast  atm, but I should be downstairs in a few. When I get down to tue computer, im sure we can work something out in your favor drake.
O/O's

Muse

*peeks in* 

Well, I suppose with all these new folks to give my dragon a chance ot pair off, I'll be joining after all.  *looks over the new info.* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Adonis

So glad to see old faces and new both! If anyone has any questions, feel free to add me to an IM or sorts, or PM me !
O/O's

DartimusRae

i read DragonRiders of Pern when i was younger, and i was hooked. i'm in as a rider. gimme a few to write up a character.

Adonis

Looking forward to reading it! Just a side note to any others interested. While Im still strapped for males, the ratio isnt quite as bad as it was now, so ladies, if that was holding you back, dont let it!
O/O's

Pink Professional

I'm interested at the moment. I imagine that I'll make some male rider type character.

Adonis

Splendid :)  For anyone else interested, I'll be updating the "whos playing" portion of this thread here in just a few minutes.
O/O's

Ember Star

I'm interested. Probably as a both a dragon and rider. I haven't read the Pern books (saw them brought up) though I do plan to. I am however a big Inheritance Cycle fan, which for those who don't know, that's also a dragon rider series. I like the SciFi twist to the fantasy adventure that you've put together 
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Adonis

O/O's

Ember Star

Good because I have a few questions that I'll ask via pm when I get it from you.

Also, just call me Ember *points to under my avatar* I requested they change mu screen name to Ember-Star, but they haven't gotten to it yet. Lol
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Brazen Endeavors

Aww, but I like evil.  And chocolate.  And space.  And kittehs.

*ahem*  Ember has requested I join and pair with her, and I'm certainly interested.
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Adonis

We'd love to have you. Just fill out a sheet to play opposite hers, and well toss the two of you together. I look forward to seeing what yall come up with!
O/O's

Brazen Endeavors

Discussions happening.. if her hokey butt will text me back >.>
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Adonis

O/O's

Qt

Definitely interested in at least playing one char. Currently trying to read up on the background info. c:

DartimusRae

Quote from: EvilChocolateSpaceKitten on March 20, 2012, 01:13:14 PM
I'm interested. Probably as a both a dragon and rider. I haven't read the Pern books (saw them brought up) though I do plan to. I am however a big Inheritance Cycle fan, which for those who don't know, that's also a dragon rider series. I like the SciFi twist to the fantasy adventure that you've put together

DragonRiders of Pern is a must-read. i honestly think it would give even Adonis a chance to come up with things for the story that will make it very interesting. also, the whole space-ship premise is slightly similar to Anne McCaffery's work. again, all the books are worth a read.

Adonis

Ive read most all of the pern series. Favs being "the masterharper of pern", and whichever one dealt with the discovery of the fire lizards.
;)
O/O's

DartimusRae

that would be the Harper Hall series, Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums.

DartimusRae

Not attempting to poke or prod at anyone, just a little friendly head's up. Deshco is by the wreckage, looking to help any that answer him.

Adonis

Pssst. This is the recruitment thread, not the game ooc ;)
O/O's

DartimusRae

DartimusRae

Adonis

The directory has a link to every thread youll need until we hit big group game status and get our own sub board. Should be a huge blue link to it in the first post in this thread.
O/O's

Karasu

Adonis

Dragon recruitment is now CLOSED. I still however, am in need of a single male rider, and two females. So! Step right up !
O/O's

KnowThySire

I don't have time to read this cause I'm working, but I can tell that I'm going to like it. I'd like to throw in my hat for the male rider position before someone beats me to it. I'll check everything out once I get home.
There can only be one king.

Adonis

Alright. Will hold the spot for you for 24 hours.
O/O's

KnowThySire

Ember Star

Damn it! I was hoping dragon recruitment would stay open until my boyfriend's lazy butt joined the site then got approved. I already told him about the group and he's excited so I was gonna match my second character to his character. Blah. Oh well. Maybe you'll open it back up by the time he's approved and all.

As Day Fades

Hey there Adonis. I believe I'd messaged you awhile back with an interest in this game, but it was full up at the time. =) I would be interested in applying for the male rider position. Are there any restrictions? Do I need to have an affinity for a certain color/be expected to mesh well with a specific character? Or can the application be whatever I come up with?

KnowThySire

Okay, I'm in. How fast do you need a character template?

Adonis

O/O's

KnowThySire

I'm on it. I should have one ready within the next few hours. Worst case(If I fall asleep), tomorrow night.

Adonis

Thats fine. I work all night tonight, so Ill check back in in about 5-6 hours.
O/O's

Karasu

heh I'm having fun reading the other s post.. but does suck with waiting for QT..

Adonis

O/O's

As Day Fades

Ah, I hadn't noticed last night that TheRomanticPerv beat me to the spot. =) No worries. Good luck with your game, all!

Adonis

O/O's

KnowThySire