Am i the only feeling like making some organised X-men roleplay?

Started by Nachtmahr, December 07, 2009, 01:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

I guess the title says it all, anyone else interested? My idea was for it to replace the x-men sub-board, or atleast blow some life into the one thats already there.

Love Elyza.
<3
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Muninn

Ooooh... I do like the X-men! What sort of plot do you have in mind?

Although I am heading to America for the holidays in a few days and will be on a hiatus for a few weeks. :<

Wolfy

Tectum

My X man knowledge would probably need a touch up and I'n newish to forum rp but I'd be interested  :-)
Everything tends to have a reason, it is simply a matter of figuring the bloody thing out.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Vandren

Potentially interested.  Not really into canon characters or systems in this case, though.

And I'm a little confused:

Quote from: Elyza on December 07, 2009, 01:54:59 AMMy idea was for it to replace the x-men sub-board, or atleast blow some life into the one thats already there.

Which of the half dozen or so that are here do you mean?

Regardless, replace is probably the better idea so no former mod toes are stepped on.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Nachtmahr

Well well well, i'm glad you all liked the idea ^^ I was thinking that there was no need to make some bigger plot, just the school being pre X-men the movies 3, housing the mutants whom the rest of the world fears.

Characters should be made on character sheets i think, would it all alot easier.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Might help to make a thread for them If you have not. And a place. So you can moderate and thus add what you wish as you go.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

RubySlippers

It might be fun to be a low level mutant with some not so obvious power, after all not all are like Wolverine or Storm?

I was thinking of Gatgeteer Girl my character would not be a genius or anything just has a natural gift aka mutant power to understand machines and parts and putting them together to do what I want. And not having a fortune like Tony Stark have to get by with what she can get her hands on.  I figure she would be like Kaylee from Firefly just have more fun. Or maybe I'll base her of a hero of old from the Marvel-verse just updated from one from the golden or silver ages. In any case the power will be what I stated.

Toss in martial arts and some physical training and she will smash evil, or try really hard. Well how many mighty heroes are techno based there is Iron Man, Man Machine and others so why not her. I figure she would be a Class I Mutant alterened DNA just be so normal most would ignore her.

Isengrad

She sounds a little like forge when you get right town to it. Intuitive engineering is what I think it was called. His sub conscious mind worked everyhting out he just had to put it together. I would love to join in on this with a Mutant of my own, Im thinking of a character kinda like Angel, either with light based powers or some matter manipulation powers. like shape, wight. Of course organics are real difficult to change and healing anybody would cause a stigmata effect.

original artwork by karabiner

RubySlippers

Actually different she will have an enhanced creativity when working with components and parts, but unlike Forge has no mystical awareness or special gifts for intuition.

For example she could go into a junkyard or see a pile of spare parts and whip out some gadget or device, but give her blueprints or expect her to create a device using well actual planning forget it. Basically she only can work in technology levels commonly available if the parts match a technology.

So expect devices like a radio controlled oil bomb to trip up running villians or a backpack rocket barrage system, unlike Forge who can work with tech at a level far over hers. He could see an alien device and figure out she would look at it not having a clue.

Isengrad

So, she's MacGuyver with boobs. That's awsome no matter how you say it.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

NosCorventius

i'd be up for this as well. Thinking something more morlock based though. Scary appearance, heart of gold. Maybe even a chance of switching sides based on peoples reactions and his expierences. What do you think?

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Thats an idea that would be cool. I would be interested in seeing this char.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Hart

Not too late to put my hand up and say; "I call dibs on Iceman! Or maybe Quicksilver... might have to shift his allegiances a little though..."

Now if only I could myself a Shadowcat...  ;D

Nachtmahr

Well, i love all your ideas, but the first thing we really have to set up would probably be;

Who shall we contact to get a sub-board going? This is by far a too big play to make it work in one single topic, you would have to read ten posts everytime you were about to post yourself to make sure you didnt miss something out. I was, to be honest, actually thinking about making my very own Proboard Forum based on this idea, however i will need people to help me out a bit :)

But i want to go far with this, to make it somethign really big, not just a tiny thing right here, but maybe we could make the mod's and admin's here throw a link somewhere? Like, our forum would support Elli and vice versa.

I have a dream! That one day, little mutant kids, and little normal kids, will play together!

Vandren

Unless you're looking to go elsewhere (offsite; which might violate some E. rules re: advertising offsite games), the best thing to do is to follow E. procedure: start up multiple threads in a Small Groups section using the group name in brackets to start thread titles, then build up to 1000 IC posts for a sub-board.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Nachtmahr

Well i was just thinking it would be easier, and draw in more players than this alone. I'm not advertising right now, merely asking if anybody (You guys) would be interested ins tarting this Froum with me, if yes, then iw ill try and talk to the Elli admins and mods and tell them that it is merely ment as a sub board for this site, but i dont liek the design for sub boards here as it leaves no room for internal communication.

RubySlippers

Sure. I'm in just bouncing around the kind of character I would love to play.

NosCorventius

Hey Elyza,
Okay I understand you want to build a mutant saga here but don't you think its better to start out small and build one story at a time? also since we are thinking big are you planing on dealing with just the xavior institute and its day to day functions or are you planning missions, adding in foes or a alternate school like in the evolution cartoon? Will we be adding cannon characters, groups and locations, like the Morlocks, the savage lands, Shield, The sentinels,The  the brotherhood of mutants, the hellfire club, Alternate time lines and Time-jumpers, the Shi'ar, Brood, Mr. Sinister, Candyman, and Apocalypse. Alternately will we build all new characters, villains and heroes, using the rules, categories, and world view of X-men? If so will their be teams, elected leaders, the opportunity to change sides, etc. or will you as the GM be controlling all the major foes as well as the schools administration? also will we be playing this before or after House of M in the time-line? Just a few questions from an old fan.

-Nos

Nachtmahr

Aww, my heart is melting, i love old fans ^^

Well my idea was for the plot to be, if we should ever find enough players, based on two schools, but not necesarily basing it on the familiar faces, but creating a completely different X-men universe. If people are up for the idea i was thinking that you would have two schools led by teachers created by us, and the schools would be trying to stay unnoticed by the humans, but at teh same time they are great rival's. They both wish to train this next generation of heroes to change the world's view on mutants.

Then ofcourse, you would have one of the schools focused on mutant-human relationships, that humans should accept and understand mutants, and the other, being more like "We are stronger, we should be in charge!".

Well ofcourse this was only one of my own ideas, i just believe it will be hard to manage player-player contact and the like's here, it would be easier on a forum based on the idea.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Elyza, If you need help on any of this, including someone playing bosses or light Npc students aswell as My own student, I am here.

Also If you have rival schools I could headmaster the other if you want and surely present opportunities for our schools to head up. Including light battles, perhaps School Competitions and see whom can take down the bad guys first. Offering team ups at times aswell

I like the X-men universe and know most of the older things. Though after the Onslaught arch I am fuzzy. For money and time =no comics. Though I can read and look things up.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Silvester

I am interested! I will probably be fine with whatever ends up being decided on, although I agree that smaller powers would be a good idea. Pure-win powers just don't make for interesting play. Also, I would prefer to stay away from canonical characters simply because I don't remember them all.

I recently started watching the animated X-men 1992 cartoons (nostalgia, what can I say), so I was thrilled when I saw this thread!

RubySlippers

I'm always fond of lower powered heroes I mean come on in the TV series the Fantastic Four did BEAT Galactus (not the X-Men) but the Mockingbird and Cloak & Dagger are more my speed at the higher end.

I like my character idea a not a Forge but still has a knack for coming up with devices and such maybe an increased connection to the right and left parts of the brain that is not IQ. But raw combining of logic and creative force with a uncanny knack for tech with it. I was thinking of calling it Dynamic Brain (tech). Well others might have the same for art or music there are great geniuses after all they have to get the gift somewhere why not sme sort of low key mutant power?
;)

Nachtmahr

I always had a thing for the more.. well mutated, mutants. Like changes in the body and such. Most of my older X-men characters are like, people with animal skin, maybe enhanced reflexed and such, four arms, weird looking bodies, and so on. Im not into everybody being apocalypse wannabe's.

RubySlippers

Well I could have such features after all not all mutants with well a tail has to have it be useful for anything.  ;D

But there is something to say for blending in to.

(puts in cats eyes contact lenses)

Better? lol

AthenaNude

I wouldn't mind playing Raven Darkholme... Mystique   ;D

(comics version, not the movie one)

urowen

I would be interetsed, I have a character that is simillar to gambit, but instead of being able to charge anything with kinetic energy, it would only be his fists, maybe something in his hand. When his hand (or weapon) cintacts soomething else, instead of an explosion the energy i stransfered to the next object blasting it back with great force.

Wolfy

o3o I dunno what I want to do with my character...o-o

I'm thinking either something like Multiple Man or something that has to do with his blood (Like controlling it and such)..or electricity. o3o

Wolfy

Isengrad

think we all just talked about it rather then starting it up. but im willing to keep it alive if no one else is.

RubySlippers

I'm still game a McGyver with Boobs and maybe a limited mental capability due to her complex mind a psionic defense, nothing overly fancy.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Im interested, and wish to see this Mcgyver with boods. I could throw a char idea up.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Muninn

RubySlippers

AthenaNude

God, I hope it's not 100% canon.  You miss a couple of months of the X-books and everything's changed.   ::)  I can handle some general things being canon but not complete and total adherence to the smallest detail.  That would likely lead to me making a LOT of mistakes that would do nothing but frustrate those who read the X-comics religiously.

I'm basing my Mystique on the classic version from the comics and the solo series (which was a bit more cloak-and-dagger than anything else).  I do give fair warning, though, I do plan to use Mystique's abilities to the letter, so anyone afraid of futa (to say the least) may want to be warned.   :D

NosCorventius

So here is my Character, Pending approval. ((I hope, I hope!!)) Let me know what you think and when we are getting under way. Looking forward to it.

-=Basic Info=-
Name: Blake White
Code Name: Blight
Physical Age: 18

=Physical Appearance=-
Height: 6' 8"
Weight: 130
Eyes: a Muckish Green Brown
Hair: Oily black
Skin/Fur: dead grey with pale white and scab-red lesions.
Physical Description: Blakes powers made him its first victim, causing a physical decay upon his body and leaving him looking like a mix between a reanimated corpse and a leper. Only by using his power can he regain any semblance of his original handsomeness and vigor. So far he has used he powers only on the vile and evil but an great rage and hunger boils inside him which may one day cause him to throw off his code and give in to the evil that rots his own soul. An evil which threatens to be greater then those he hunts.
Attire: Blake covers his hands with gloves so as not to accidentally use his powers. His face and arms are wrapped in bandages to hide his decayed skin. He wears black tees usually with some saying, band, or heros face on it. Stonewashed jeans and combat boots with a slightly battered brown trench complete his look.

-=Mental state=-
History: Blake was a fairly popular kid before his power activated, handsome and well liked. Running back for the local high school, member of the swim team, etc. but that all changed when his powers activated. Blake's body withered and became hideous to look at. In his panic he grabbed on to his little sister who promptly withered before him and passed out. Convinced he had killed her, Blake ran away but not before noticing that his body had been somewhat restored by the transfer. Taking on the name Blight; Blake wondered the streets, sometimes using his powers to punish pimps, drug dealers, and muggers. Recently He was approached by a few members of the Morlock population and the Xavier's school. He's committed for now to joining the school but thinks he might truely  belong, and fit in better, with the Morlocks instead of the good looking rich kids that seem to be Xavier's mainstay. 
Hobbies/Interests: Football, swimming, camping, music.
Personality: Easy going with a heart of gold, highly protective of his friends, hates and fears his powers, wants to be like everyone else.

-=Other=-
Powers/Skill set: Short term Lifeforce, and power transference per physical contact. Anyone Blake touches with bare skin withers as their lifeforce is transferred to Blake, causing them to weaken and if Exposed for extended amounts of time slip into a coma or die.  The transference will restore Blake to handsome and healthy looking, reverting his skin back to a golden tan his hair to a deep glossy black, his eyes a bright green, and his body toned and strong. In the case of mutants he also steals any non physical powers. These conditions are temporary however The powers and vitality soon fade leaving Blake monstrous once more.

Orpheus

I'm very interested in this. I've had a mutant character for a while that I've never really had an excuse to use. So if this is still going forward, I'd love in.
Forgive my absences. The real world is not being easy on me of late.

Nachtmahr

Well your characters is looking good ^^ But we still arent any nearer and actual solution xD

VainMe

Sim.ple

rancorius

this game idea sounds fun. are you still looking for characters

NosCorventius

Since you haven't responded in private I'd repost my questions here. My original PM said: Greetings
Elyza,
My name is Matt. I'm new to E but have a lot of years under my belt as a table top player and a few year in other forums as a GM.
I am hoping to help in getting your X-men adventure started, since it looks like the interest levels are there to run a good sized game. So I will ask what no else has. What is the problem as you see it? How can it be remedied? And lastly, Need a hand?

Starting to wonder though if you've just washed your hands of a good idea though since we haven't heard from you since the 15th of December. I guess if you don't respond by the 15th I'll look at maybe taking this over myself.

Nim

I would be interested in playing in an X-man world.  Have a couple characters in mind but shall wait to see what the outcome of who will end up starting this wild ride. 

Waiting in the wings.

~Nim~

Albedo

I'd be interested in playing as well. If that's at all possible anymore.
I would like to play as a villian since I have an idea for one.

Kate

Name: Shae
Primary Ability: Telekinesis  (she can move objects with her mind at a distance)
Secondary Ability: Can pass her form through physical objects, with effort she can take one with her for a minute or two for a matter of seconds.
Sexuality: Bisexual

Shae talks slowly and is incredibly kind to those she finds trustworthy. Shae has refined her abilities by having them constantly in practice. At a young age whenever she was alone she would have pieces of glass fly in patterns about her mimicking the nature of fairies. Even though she was forcing the glass to behave in such a manner seeing their motion reduced a lot of stress teenage years bring and over time these simple fairys assumed increasingly numerous and intricate pieces.

When not around bigots Shae will often be reading while her abilities see a perfectly crafted glass fairy somewhere in the room managing a humorous task one would expect a carefree fairy to do. Primarily she uses this as a practicing technique to control objects perfectly while keeping her primary attention focused on other things but has found it useful to entertain others.

The fairy she has at the moment has over a hundred separate pieces which stay together by Shaes mental abilities. Shae's mind is disciplined enough for it to keep it so while even is asleep, although the form will be subdued. If she is knocked unconscious or drugged however, the fairy's pieces will loose cohesion. If intricate dynamic behavior is not cared for, Shae can telekines' objects of considerable weight.

"So many unfortunately make fun of others as a habit, Many are quick to jest at anothers expense to make themselves seem superior. As if they need to to be comfortable. Humor which is not at the cost of another's embarrassment is welcoming. Wonder at without the threat of danger...is wonder-ful. Finding these times makes friends, sharing them is lovely. To me without friends, without love, what else is there ?"

... would be a statement she would likely say if asked why she persists keeping the glass fairy doing silly things in the background

Shae abilities do extend to be able to cause others direct harm, so far though, luckily for her, she has avoided needing to. Using her skills to help others manage exotic materials in a laboratory or fathom more about the workings of nature of the mind or to help others or heal others is more her cup of tea.

However she will do what it takes if happiness of herself or others is at threat. As such, although naturally principal-led she is is no pacifist and would take up arms for good causes. Proving a cause is justified in doing so to her though ... may not be so easy.

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Albedo

Kalab

If this RP does get off the ground I would be interested as well. Not too up to date on the current Xbooks but I have a couple hundred or so going as far back as before and including Giant Size XMen #1.
I'm sure you X-fans remember that one.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kate

Chreestafer

hey all im new here and i am very interested in this what all do i need to do to be a part of this?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wolfy

Ya gotta carry a cherry in your butt cheeks over to a mug of beer, drop it in, then drink it...

</joking>

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

RedEve

So does this thing have any chance of getting off the ground? :p
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kate

there seems to be enough players.

Someone just needs to put their hand up as the storyteller

NosCorventius

~Puts hand up.~ Okay guys I'll take this one, idea is too good to pass on and it seems apparent the Elyza not coming back. I;ve also had Nim throw in his generous support as Co-GM. I think with this big of a group we're going to need it. So the only thing to do now is decide on structure:

1. Do we want to do this Full System, Full Freeform or a as a good mix? I do have the Marvel X-men RP rules, though honestly not a great familiarity with them, so we can do it as a structured RP if everyone wants to. I'm thinking of a mix of the two though. Free form story except in direct combat or power usage situations. I think this will allow for inter-team romance and interactions as well as combat for our more conflict oriented players. A little something for every one. What do you think?

2.When in the X-men universe do we want to do this? I have two ideas based on what I've seen here. After House of M but before the Civil War. Staff would be The Basic Canon characters Prof X, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, and Beast, Versus Magneto, Mystique, Blob, Toad, The Friends of Humainty, Sentenials, ETC. ; with the non canon characters acting as individual members of each group. This allows for some non mutant characters as well but Focuses much of the adventure on gathering the last few remaining mutants, survival, and the realities of being hunted and outnumbered. Thus making for a much darker tone, more conflicts, and only brief bits of romance/sex stolen between crises.

Or a alternate early years story something close to the highschool early college years with players getting to choose their side through recruitment and interactions. This cuts down on canon characters a bit and puts more focus on mutants specifically, but allows more freedom and greater world play with a more playful relaxed tone.

I'm Good with writing either one so which do you prefer?

3. Once those are decided how heavy do we want it to get: Full NC with Villians abducting and torturing members for info or sadistic pleasure, or the slightly more friendly forum of Bondage thus limiting Villians from using mind control and Rape in thier interrogations and seductions.

Wolfy

Nim

You can count me in.
"Staff would be The Basic Canon characters Prof X, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, and Beast, Versus Magneto, Mystique, Blob, Toad, The Friends of Humainty, Sentenials, ETC. ; with the non canon characters acting as individual members of each group. This allows for some non mutant characters as well but Focuses much of the adventure on gathering the last few remaining mutants, survival, and the realities of being hunted and outnumbered. Thus making for a much darker tone, more conflicts, and only brief bits of romance/sex stolen between crises.

Or a alternate early years story something close to the highschool early college years with players getting to choose their side through recruitment and interactions. This cuts down on canon characters a bit and puts more focus on mutants specifically, but allows more freedom and greater world play with a more playful relaxed tone. "

I think a combination of these two ideas would be fun to work with.  I too an not fully familiar with the full X-Man experience.  I have seen the movies of course which is what I would probably most rely on as far as cannon characters since I really do not remember the stories from the comics... that was long ago for me and I have slept a few days since then... lol.  I usually tend to write freeform but what ever is finally decided will be fine with me. 

RubySlippers

I'm in I love the X-Men but she is not a mutant, she has no antennae or funny parts save her super-creative brain in her head. Now get me into a refuse yard and let the fun begin and access to the schools mechanical shops.

McGyver with Boobs - yessssss!

NosCorventius

Actually McGyver could have been a mutant. The power is referred to as intuitive engineering. Sylar from heroes also has this ability but at a slightly different level, Which is how he made the jump from watch maker to Serial killer. His Hunger (a Disadvantage taken to allow for a mastery of both Bio (self) and Mechanicial Engineering) helped him realize that to copy the powers of others he had to see "under the hood" so he could copy it in his own brain chemistry and structure. The death of the subject is just an unfortunate side effect. Forge has a mastery of this Power Making invention second nature like breathing. To him its a compulsive chore not a joy or even a driving force anymore. He does it because it is like breathing he can't figure out how to stop with out it killing him. I imagine you want something in the middle range between the two though.

RubySlippers

No I was thinking she just knows how to use existing tech and materials to get ,well, innovative. I figure she sees some alien device she would have no clue how it works or what it does unlike Forge.

Like she could make a net gun using spare parts and a big spool of wire, but not webshooters since that requires innovative chemistry.

But you need a fast device cranked out to fight Magneto she likely could whip out something useful.

NosCorventius

Nim: We can't do a combo of the two because the moods of each are based on different timelines and events. The first scenario is based on the aftermath of the House of M. The house of M was an Marvel universe wide event that tied in with the disbanding of the Avengers. Wanda Maximoff AKA the Scarlet Witch (Daughter of Magneto and Mutant herself) had a breakdown and used her reality altering powers, to first make a world when mutant ruled the planet With Magneto as their benevolent king, and then remove 90 percent of the mutant population from the earth, when certain heroes opposed her Utopian vision. Homo Superior went from being a raising power in the world to an endangered species overnight. This Happened about 6 months to a year before the Civil War which made it illegal to be a unregistered mutant or extra-powered individual Thus making this a highly volatile time period for the X-men and giving us a good amount of space to play within as the last few mutants are gathered up by those that remain.

The second lets us build our own version of the x-men with only one or two canon characters in featured staff roles, much like the cartoon X-men Evolution.  The characters are al much younger with only Prof X, Wolverine, and Beast teaching the X-men and Mystique taking the role of house mother for the Brotherhood under the direct orders of Magneto. This version lets us play with the early years, recruitment, in-team romance and rivalry without focusing so much on the public because the x-men are still a covert team in all of their operations. Hope this clears that up for everyone.

Ruby Slippers: Alright, I understand what you mean. you're looking for more of a Junkman character, can't build it from scratch or copy what you see but if the team wants something repaired or fused together to make something better, we come talk to you. Just when we play remember if I drop these words back on you to justify a too large jump in ability you wrote the limits. Okay?

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Wolfy

Chreestafer

lol nice i am interested just need to know whats going on
Ons and Offs
F-List

Jecht

I might be interested if it ever gets off the ground. Not exactly the same but I only attempted a plot in which it was basically an academy for mutants and everything. It wasn't exactly X-men but it was like Xavior's school for the gifted...might be an interesting idea if you guys like it.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Kate

I dont mind the time but I would definately prefer freeform

RubySlippers

No your not getting it. For her to develop a device the technology must be known to her and for the superhero age that would include some fairly decent technology and have the parts, she couldn't make Iron Man armor but could do a levitating board with a suit with jet on the back to fly OR make some gadget to deal with a particular sort of threat like a net gun that fires a plastic net to entangle Magneto. But have her see an alien device she would have no clue since that is not normal tech she would know anything about its something outside her knowledge base.

I figure she is a gageteer who has a higher tie between each hemisphere of the brain so she is more intelligent and more creative directed at well making things using what is available. Likely she is not that focused though she has sort of lots of projects going on some get finished others are there until she gets around to it so usually doesn't have big things in her arsenal without some effort.

Kate

sounds like a cool character for mine to hang with.

Hey any chance of a profiles thread ?

Lets get this party started (freeform please - personally i think system games get bogged down in mechanics too often too easily no matter how light you make the system - its focus on role play... that said if that is accepted - I am happy to accept any time - i think something more novel where we don't really bump into any known mutants from any series - perhaps we read about them or know of them but that's about all - we could be in another city - perhaps in europe ?

London ?
Rome ?
Paris ?

Nim

Shae sounds like a very interesting character.  I most definitely approve.

~Nim~

Nim

I have two characters that I have come up with but have not yet found the right pic for them still searching but I'll submit a little something about them just to give everyone an idea of what I have in mind for my parts. 

1.  name:  Demon Spawn  (Villian)
     Description:  looks like one of your a typical arch demon types with long leathery wings and curved horns on his head.  His skin is deep purple in color with jet black hair.  Eyes are nearly pitch black as well except for purple star bursts around his pupils that tend to glow brightly when agitated or angry... (which means they are quite often glowing.)
     Abilities:  Same as Storm both in power and intensity.
     Background:  Left by his father on the side of the road in the deep desert once the latent mutant genes began to manifest his difference's.  Extremely bitter towards life in general searching to find people like himself to go after people like his parents who tossed him aside as if he were no more than a peace of trash when he truly needed them the most. 

2. Given Name: Conrad Blake
    Mutant name: Ghost. 
    Description: 5'1" and very slender.  With sandy blond hair and hazel eyes. 
    Powers:  Primary- ability to turn invisible.  Secondary- undeveloped telekinesis and very limited ability to move through solid objects but only with great concentration and a considerable amount of pain.
    Background:  Faked his own death at the age of 13.  For the past 3 years he as been what he calls haunting his parents home and a couple of different schools where his old classmates now attend classes.   

I figure he would be one of the students that either wolverine or most likely gene would be sent after to bring back to the school. 

LoganCreed

I'm interested in playing if you guys get it off the ground just let me know what holes need filling I'm assuming you know who I would lean towards based on my name (grins) or I can try to do a OC, or maybe just an alt version of one, different time line kinda thing think Exiles.  So if a DM could drop me a line at some point to tell me where to go...and no I don't mean down there ...and who to play I'm on here on and off all day hoping to spot a post. Hope to hear word soon and look forward to playing with ya all.

So until Utah joins the hair club for men make mine marvel LOL

Nim

Hello Logan, The game looks like it is leaning towards the early formative years with some of the cannon characters such as Charles going to be played as NPC's.  I see no problem with you playing the part of a young Logan helping to bring in new recruits if no one else does.

Ahena Nude if you have been scoping this out please send me a PM.  I understand you are looking to play mystique and wanted to run some idea's past you.

Kate

storytellers one of you just has to do these things which can be done in 5 mins

a) make an approved profile thread.
b) Create a IC thread - (the starting scene can be null btw - trust me it just works even when this is empty)
b) Create an OOC thread
c) Request candidate profliles to be added to this thread (not pm'd - pm'd prevents either co-storyteller approving it on the spot)
d) assume either of you can approve or act authoritarily without consultation with the other (otherwise it defeats the purpose of having a co-storyteller)
e) Ensure the all threads posts which link to all other related threads

... then you dont just have cogs, you have a machine, lubrication and energy is what others do- how often "storytellers" need to post ic is not that often

in short it isnt daunting if you believe in the energy of others

RubySlippers

Given Name: Evelyne Richards
Mutant name: Gadgets
Description: 5'7" and fit, does have physical interests like martial arts and swimming so is in good shape.  Has dark brown hair and eyes and is comely.

Powers:  Enhanced Brain: Her mind is more active between each globe making her more intelligent and creative focused though more on mechanical devices and systems over developing new things. Its not all bad she can go into a average junkyard and toss together a gadget laden car in no time or adapt any know common higher tech to new ends. Like she could make a hovering rocket board if levitation technology is around and mircro-rocket motors. The down side is she sees an alien or advanced tech she is lost. Secondarily she is highly resistant to mental attacks hittingher mind naturally just is laden with complexity but she can't control this its just a natural feature of her mind but a gifted telepath or psion could hit her it would just take more effort.

Weakness: Has a limited attention span she cranks out simple gadgets easy enough but gets distracted on longer projects often ending up going to something else then maybe getting back to the big project. If she is motivated like doing something for the school or something she wants to build think a week at most.

Background:  A common girl from the lower classes she came to Xaviar's attention when he couldn't easily read her mind and after having her visit the school she whipped out a jet-pack from spare parts in one hour, ok it wasn't that efficient but she didn't take long. He pretty much figured out she had to be a mutant just with an amazingly interesting power a mind unlike most he has seen.

NosCorventius

Greetings All,
As I just took over this project I will start by apoligizing to those of you who have already typed out a CS, for this Thread and any that break off of it, we will be using these forms. This helps me and Nim; as well as your fellow players to understand your characters, thier powers, motives, and limits better, making for much easier game play down the road. Please post your completed CS Here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62386.msg2805783#new

Here are a few things you should keep in mind as you Build your Character:

1. All characters, OC and Canon Alike, should be between 18 and 25 years of age. The only exeptions to this is if you are playing certain canon characters such as Apocalypse, Sinister, Sabertooth, and Wolverine, (immortals) or a Authority Figure Character (I.E. Villian, Leader, staff member/teacher). If you are looking to play one of these Contact me by Pm so I can approve them directly and give you some background info on their place in the worldview we're building.

2. All mutants are based on a variation of the human form. While they may have odd traits such as wings or a tail, 3 or more physical mutaions will make you an automatic outcast and a good canidate for the Morlocks.

3. Mutations and thier resulting Abilities show up during Puberty. Thus no matter what you look like now, you grew up a normal child. You will have had friends, family, and prior intrests. include these hobbies and skills in your Cs and keep this in mind anytime your character talks of his/her past or has a flashback in gameplay.

4. Bio-enhancements are only for government expieremented upon and time traveling mutants. Any tech being used by a PC should be only slighty advanced from our own. If you want something more or are a Tech based mutant PM myself or Nim for approval first. If its not fully out of the range of possiblity we may be able to work something out. 

I have included an example below to help clairify what I am looking for, as well. If you have any questions Pm or post them on the OCC board.
Thank you all and I  look forward to getting this started ASAP. 

Sinfully Yours, ~Nos~

Mutant X Character Sheet

-=Basic Info=-
Name:
Code Name:
Physical Age:
-=Physical Appearance=-
Height:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Skin/Fur/Scales:
Physical Description:
Attire:

-=Mental state=-
History:   
Hobbies/Interests:
Personality:

-=Other=-
Powers:
Disadvantages/Weaknesses/Limitations: 
Skills:

Mutant X Character Sheet eXample:

-=Basic Info=-
Name: Blake White
Code Name: Blight (please try to find a code name for OC's that hasn't been used before.)
Physical Age: 18

-=Physical Appearance=- (use Slashes to seperate transormed state info from common appearance,  if power or Tech causes alterations.)
Height: 6' 8"
Weight: 130/170
Eyes: a Muckish Green Brown/ Emerald Green
Hair: Oily black/ Black and Wavy
Skin/Fur/Scales: skin is a dead grey with alternating pale white and scab red liaisons./Golden Tan (please Specify which one it is: Skin, Fur, or Scales, or a combination of)

Physical Description: Williams powers made him its first victim, causing a physical decay upon his body and leaving him looking like a mix between a reanimated corpse and a leper. Only by using his power can he regain any semblance of his original handsomeness and vigor. So far he has used he powers only on the vile and evil but an great rage and hunger boils inside him which may one day cause him to throw off his code and give in to the evil that rots his own soul. An evil which threatens to be greater then those he hunts.
Attire: Blight covers his hands with gloves so as not to accidentally use his powers. His face and arms are wrapped in bandages to hide his decayed skin. He wears black tees usually with some saying, band, or heroes face on it. Stonewashed jeans and combat boots with a slightly battered brown trench complete his look. (add here any specialized equipment needed to control, hide, or enhance your powers)

-=Mental state=-
History: Blake was a fairly popular kid before his power activated, handsome and well liked. Running back for the local highschool, member of the swim team, etc. but that all changed when his powers activated. Blake's body withered and became hideous to look at. In his panic he grabbed on to his little sister who promptly withered before him and passed out. Convinced he had killed her, Blake ran away but not before noticing that his body had been somewhat restored by the transfer. Taking on the name Blight, Blake wondered the streets, sometimes using his powers to punish pimps, drug dealers, and muggers. Recently, he was approached by a few members of the morlock population and the Xavier's school. He's considering joining the school but thinks he might belong and fit in better with the morlocks then the good looking rich kids that seem to be Xavier's mainstay. 
Hobbies/Interests: Football, swimming, camping, music (drummer).
Personality: Easy going with a heart of gold, highly protective of his friends, hates and fears his powers, wants to be like everyone else.

-=Other=-
Powers: Short term Lifeforce, and power transference per physical contact. Anyone Blake touches with bare skin withers as their lifeforce is transferred to Blake, causing them to weaken and if Exposed for extended amounts of time slip into a coma or die.  The transference will restore Blake to handsome and healthy looking, reverting his skin back to a golden tan his hair to a deep glossy black, his eyes a bright green, and his body toned and strong. In the case of mutants he also steals any physical or energy based powers. These conditions are temporary however The powers and vitality soon fade leaving Blake monstrous once more.
Disadvantages/Weaknesses/Limitations:  Corpse like appearance, Only able to steal physically and energy based abilities effect last roughly 2 hours max. Can not reshape body so physical powers such as winged flight or extra appendages can not be gained by his power, neither can mental/psionic abilities or any unnaturally occurring bio enhancements.
Skills: Basic hand to hand, works well on a team, expert with knots, wilderness survival training, basic first aid. (any additional skills your character has picked up along the way)

Wolfy

So do we just need to post them here, or are you going to set up a Character Thread?

NosCorventius

Nim

Wolfy

Nim

Probably soon I would imagine.  Nos will be posting the start of the story.

NosCorventius

The IC Thread is now up an running. You can find it here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62560.msg2811803#new

Nim will you also post both this and the CS links in the OCC Thread for easier reference.