I am looking to dance on the Edge again, chummer. So find me a Mr Johnson!

Started by Phaia, December 27, 2009, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

I know all of us at one time of another have had that game that just grabbed us and made us want to come back week after week. Made us ignore dates and other aspects in general.
Sometimes it lasts only a short time and sometimes a bit longer but you remember it.
Now with me, from those that have talked with me, one might suspect it was some fantasy setting with elves and swords and grand magic. Yes, I have had some great experiences and fun adventures in that setting but the one that really grabbed me and I wish I could relive was set in Cyberpunk.

Now for you chummers that have no fraking idea what cyberpunk is, think Matrix without the machines in charge but corps running things and ya have a basic idea. Its edgy, cool, sexy with mega corps; big guns, flashing mono swords, jacking into the net all warpped up in a big world where you have to be sharp to survive.

I want to play in that again, so tell ya what, any chummer out there that wants to dance, I am game. I don’t want to run things myself. I want to pull on my knee high stiletto boots, shimmy into the skin tight body suit, yank on my armor jack trench coat. I want to don the coolest damn shades and oil the gun and kick start the bike and then dance the edge again.

So let us see if we can hook up, maybe even play some input and output. Take the gloves off and let’s deal.

Be a Mr. Johnson again!!

I would prefer more freeform but I can dig out the core rules and dust off some old characters and see how they fit. Never know, a good Mr. Johnson might find more of us runners looking for action.

For all you posers that have no clue what I am dealing out. Check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

And if you are good enough at net running, chummer, you can find out more.

Phaia

Behemoth

Hey there!

Great to find a fellow Cyberpunk fan! I haven't played the game for a few years but always loved the setting and bad-ass attitude!

I still have a copy of the old Cyperpunk 2020 rulebook lying around too - hate the look of the "shiny new" version though.

Anyway, count me in. I'm willing to play (if we can find a G.M/Mr Johnson for us) or G.M if need be.

P.M coming your way shortly!

Callie Del Noire

Last of the Great Mikeys

If you like Shadowrun as much as Cyberpunk I'd love to pull you over to that game..! :D