A DC comics game

Started by indarkestknight, June 13, 2006, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

I know there are some X-men and Marvel fans out there, but wondering about interest in a DC comics game. This will, if it gets off the ground, probably be more about action than about getting hot and heavy with your favorite DC characters, though there is room for that.

The plot-line I was thinking of was something along the lines of this:

All of the Big Seven of the JLA (Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonderwoman, Batman, the Flash (Wally West in this case), Green Lantern (all of them in this case), and Aquaman) have disappeared mysteriously, and all hell is breaking loose on Earth. A new JLA needs to be formed, and fast, or humanity may stand no chance. Not against this new threat- not without leaders.

This will take place post-52, for those of you who care about continuity. All deaths/inactive statuses are to remain in place. Those of you who want to reform villians and play them as members of the team will have to PM me for permission, as I may have plans for them.

7 to 8 players, in all likelyhood, somewhat similiar to what happened in the Obsidian Age. Oh, and systemless, since I don't have Mutants and Masterminds or anything like that.

Anyone up for it?

Swedish Steel

What do you mean with post-52?
I'd love a DC game, been pining away for that actually. I'd love to play Green Arrow, he's one of the most complex characters in the comics ever imho.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

indarkestknight

After the whole "Infinite Crisis" and "One Year Later" deals.

And good choice. In the Obsidian Age, Batman picked Ollie for the team, too.  ;D

Swedish Steel

Not familiar with the Obsidian Age either, I'm pretty new to the DC faith, I used to be a fanatic Marvel devotee (man, do I feel stupid about that today  ;) )

On Off page:

Rayve13

I'm so there. What about characters on existing teams (such as Mr. Terrific on the JSA & Checkmate)?

And don't feel bad about being a Marvel fan Steel. Some good stuff coming out of there these days, particularly with The Ultimates and Civil War.

Swedish Steel

I know. The Ultimate line, especially the Ultimates, have won me over again. I still prefer DC though.

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Quote from: Rayve13 on June 13, 2006, 01:59:05 PM
I'm so there. What about characters on existing teams (such as Mr. Terrific on the JSA & Checkmate)?

And don't feel bad about being a Marvel fan Steel. Some good stuff coming out of there these days, particularly with The Ultimates and Civil War.

Yes, members of existing teams are allowed. And yes, the Ultimates do rock.

Ajoxer

Hmmmmmm... Captain Marvel, but the version shown in JLU, if possible- Idealistic kid with the powers of a demigod. Was an awesome episode.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Swedish Steel

Isn't that exactly like the comic version also? Captain Marvel is a kid after all. I wonder how old he is in the comics now, somehow he feel younger than Robin.

On Off page:

Ajoxer

I thought he was an adult in the comic. O.o Still, if so... Cool. Clash rocked.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Swedish Steel

He's all grown up in Kingdom Come, but that is set in the future. In the comic he's no older than a teen, I know that much. His sister is even younger I think, she's really fun. I loved her in "I can't believe it's not Justice League". :)

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Which Robin? Younger than Nightwing, yes, and about the same age as Tim Drake.

That is, Billy Batson is. You see, Marvel is his 'civilian' identity is a teenager, and so is his sister, Mary. However, they both become adult versions of themselves when they become Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel, respectively. This actually caused some problems when CM/Billy started dating Stargil- Billy's about the same age as her, but his secret identity hasn't been revealed to the whole team, so you can imagine how that went down... Not the eventual, ultimate reason he left the team, but still...

As a side note, yes, the speed force is gone, leaving Jay Garrick as the only hero I can think of left with superspeed.

Swedish Steel

Awwwww...a vibrating Jessie Quick wouldn've been awsome!

On a more serious note, are one of our goals to find out what happened to the 7, and if possible bring them back? That could be kinda cool. I'd hate to think Wonder Woman is gone forever, that woman is amazing. :)

Yeah, I wasn't talking about Dick Greyson, or Jason for that matter. Maybe they are the same age though, Robin is awfully mature for his age.

On Off page:

indarkestknight

*chuckles* Yes, she would have. And, yes, though apparently Wally's problem is that he simply doesn't know (being in the other timestream right now). The others, however, have all disappeared by more nefarious means. *evil grin*

And it doesn't surprise me that he is. Spoiler's death, living with the Batman, his dad's death, leading a team... it all adds up.

Swedish Steel

Oh, I agree.
So it will be something of a detective story then? A DC game with a good plot would rawk. :) I hope this game will get some attention, I'd love to play it. And surely there must be female DC lovers out there. Green Arrow needs women that can get all mad at him. :)

On Off page:

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

I would be interested.
I followed some of the Infinate crises material but could afford to buy it all. None the less I have a pretty good idea of what happened but may need to get some onformation from you.
i was thinking actually about mary Marvel.. might be fun to have a brither sister team  around....
Does she still have powers or were those wiped out with the derstruction of the rock of eternity?

Another possibility is Wonder Girl (Cassandra) but I have to admit I am not a teen titans reader so I am not sure I could do that.
How close to continuity are we going to be btw?
(How much can I get away with?-grins)
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

indarkestknight

Talk to me about it. I'm pretty open.

The Marvels are still active, though I'd warn you to remember that when both of you use your powers in conjunction, your powers are each halved.

If you need info, I'd highly recommend using Wikipedia- I wasn't able to follow it too closely either, so I'm using that as my main source of info, especially for what happened after.

This DC's own files ...they are njot updated to the current issues but do include lots of storyline details before that point.
http://www.dccomics.com/secret_files/

I will check out Wikpeadia..a woderful thing it is.
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

"The Marvels are still active, though I'd warn you to remember that when both of you use your powers in conjunction, your powers are each halved."
I was aware of this and itdoesn't bother me at all...in fact it is one of the reasons why I am considering the character.
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

Swedish Steel

Another favorite of mine is Superboy, at least after he joined the Teen Titans, I just loved his relationship with Cassandra. But well, he isn't really an option, is he?
I'm sticking with Ollie I think. :)

On Off page:

Rayve13

- In regard to the Marvel family, if we're using the current continuity, Captain Marvel is out. When they rebuilt the Rock of Eternity, Billy had to replace Shazam (since he was killed by the Spectre) as the guardian of the Rock, thus he can't leave it. Unfortunately, the Dc Files thing was written pre-Infinite Crisis (I have the hardcover version)

Mary is still active, and would wield the full power of Shazam. Captain Marvel Jr. (who I know almost nothing about) is also active, and I assume if he used the power it would split as it did with Billy and Mary.

As for me, I'm still deciding. Too many cool characters to choose from!

indarkestknight

Quote from: Rayve13 on June 14, 2006, 09:44:06 AM
- In regard to the Marvel family, if we're using the current continuity, Captain Marvel is out. When they rebuilt the Rock of Eternity, Billy had to replace Shazam (since he was killed by the Spectre) as the guardian of the Rock, thus he can't leave it. Unfortunately, the Dc Files thing was written pre-Infinite Crisis (I have the hardcover version)

Mary is still active, and would wield the full power of Shazam. Captain Marvel Jr. (who I know almost nothing about) is also active, and I assume if he used the power it would split as it did with Billy and Mary.

As for me, I'm still deciding. Too many cool characters to choose from!

Ah, didn't know that. Well, then, looks like Mary gets the full power, unless someone else wants to take up Jr.

indarkestknight

Oh, slipped my mind: Not all GL's are gone. Alan Scott, as the one GL who isn't affiliated with the GL corps, is still active and playable.

Swedish Steel

What happened to the GLs? I must've missed that.

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Quote from: Swedish Steel on June 14, 2006, 11:37:31 AM
What happened to the GLs? I must've missed that.

That's part of my doing- the JLA disappearing, hence, I'm taking the GLs, too, since there's been one in almost every incarnation.

And, yes, ladies and gentlemen, that does mean you're up against something that took out the entire GL Corps.

Swedish Steel

My detective skills tells me it must be the powerfull and mysterious being called the GM.

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Yes, and the creatures you will fight will be in search of some legendary item of power known only as "Ex-pee."

Mary Marvel then it is. I will do some research at Wikpeadia and the web on her and then PM you a proposal. I think I have  in my collection all of the DC title of Shazam from a bit back so I'll look for that as well.
Sometime DC's story lines suck,,,,Marvel/Billy was a great character.
I know a fair amount about Marvel Jr and will collect some material on him if I can for use by the GM or another.
(If the GM still wants to halve Mary's power)
+++
Searching for ex-pee. OMG is it possible in a freeform game? (or are we going to use a homebrew)
PS: GM...I have in files a copy of Mutant and master minds as well as the really spiffy Truth and Justice game. I'll happily transfer it to you if you like.
Having said that I really love freeform with the GM calling the shots.
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

indarkestknight

I'd prefer we freeform this one, just because it allows the players to use their powers in more creative ways.

And the XP thing is a joke I like to use in D&D games when I pit the players against some munchkin build I find on the net that can throw the moon at the earth.  ;) I find it amuses me greatly.

And, no, I'm not forcing her powers to be halved. I was just saying that, if the Marvels were on the same team, it would be likely that they'd use their powers at the same time. Which, it seems, won't be a problem anyway.

Still, I'd like to look the systems over, if you'd be so kind.

Swedish Steel

I just noticed something. If I were to play Ollie, wich I'm pretty excited about, I would now be the mayor of Star City? And I would be good enough to defeat Deathstroke? Daaaamn.

On Off page:

Ajoxer

Hmmmm... Let me pontificate...

Steel! Or possibly Captain Atom.

Vice

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 13, 2006, 01:45:50 PM
After the whole "Infinite Crisis" and "One Year Later" deals.

And good choice. In the Obsidian Age, Batman picked Ollie for the team, too.  ;D
You kinda had me until that point.

The DCU is dead to me after Infinite Crisis.  :(

indarkestknight

Quote from: Vice on June 14, 2006, 10:38:08 PM
You kinda had me until that point.

The DCU is dead to me after Infinite Crisis.  :(

Care to extrapolate?

You said Still, I'd like to look the systems over, if you'd be so kind.

They are both PDF documents and I will gladly transfer them to you by sending the files via IM transfer.
My IM's are
AIM-- bishrookist
Msn-bishrook
Yahoo-bishrook
I am am on the first two afair amount of time onm any given evening.
Yahoo is rarely on but we can arrange something.

(You might also look at RISIS for a simple game system A free download is available on this website. This system is simple and easy to use with a eight page rules booklet.

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm

Having said all that I prefer Freeform for exactly tyhe reasons you do...it allows players more fexibility and creativity.
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

Rayve13

Alright, here's the short list of possible characters for me. Comments welcome:

- Vixen: able to take on the abilities of any natural animal via a magic talisman.
- The Demon: Jason Blood is able to become the demon Etrigan, who is immensely powerful. I would only use him if we rewound continuity a bit to restore Merlin's spell that forces Etrigan to not be evil.
- Captain Boomerang II: Son of the original, currently working for the Outsiders. In addition to several trick boomerangs, is able to use super speed for short bursts. Would be sort of an apprentance to Ollie, I imagine.
- Knockout: Super strong and durable lesbian, lover of Vandal Savage's daughter, high powered mercenary with the Secret Six currently.
- Ragman: Part of the Shadowpact, absorbs the souls of sinner into his coat of rags. Can use their strength, speed, and any natural abilities as his own, and uses them to heal damage in exchange for redemption.
- Mr. Terrific II: Genius, undetectable by technology, Olympic athelete, current leader of the JSA and white bishop in Checkmate.
- Sand: Able to turn his body into sand and has limited control of earth elements.

indarkestknight

Comments:

V- okay.
Etrigan- Blood is, in his own right, a potent sorcerer, as seen in the Obsidian Age, who can summon forth the Demon within, but only does so in dire need. Note that even without Etrigan, Blood is quite powerful... and, apparently, quite well hung.
CB II- okay.
Knockout- dead, not lesbian, but bi- slept with the now-dead Superboy.
Ragman- okay.
Mr. Terrific II- okay, but be aware, Checkmate-status means he will have responsibilities that go above and beyond any responsibilities as part of the new JLA.
Sand- okay.

Rayve13

Knockout's not dead. Or if she is, it just happened this month, since she's been in the last two issues of Secret Six as Scandal's lover. But I'll certainly go with the bi thing. I'd forgotten about Sueprboy.

And Blood minus Etrigan's just not as much fun  ;D

indarkestknight

He's got Etrigan... it's just a gambit.

And she did. Presumably. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockout_%28comics%29 A bomb in your skin will do that.

Rayve13

Yeah, I forgot about the last issue of Secret Six. My fault there, read it awhile ago. Though, to be fair, I'm willing to bet she'll be back; she's damn tough. Just out for awhile so Scandal will feel motivated.

indarkestknight

Probably. But for now, I'd rather she not be an option until it's confirmed. I hope you don't mind too terribly?

RubySlippers

Lets go back to the golden age of comics her for some ideas-

1. Phantom AKA Phantom Girl AKA Phantom Woman.

2. Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks

3. Rima the Jungle Girl

4. Liberty Belle (either version from WWII or later heroine)

and not so old-

5. Arrowette

6. Katana

7. Mia Dearson

indarkestknight

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 15, 2006, 09:56:45 PM
Lets go back to the golden age of comics her for some ideas-

1. Phantom AKA Phantom Girl AKA Phantom Woman.

2. Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks

3. Rima the Jungle Girl

4. Liberty Belle (either version from WWII or later heroine)

and not so old-

5. Arrowette

6. Katana

7. Mia Dearson

The latter 3 would be preferable, as they seem more likely to be able to work. Note: The conflicts in this will likely roar across more than just Earth, and since Liberty Belle's powers are directly linked to the Liberty Bell, she seems a tad unpractical. Also, apparently there's a new Phantom Woman- see the Wikipedia article. Apparently, little has been revealed about her character, so, if you decide to use her, you've got a lot of playing room.

RubySlippers

Phantom Woman III it is. I will give her the classic Black Ray Technology updated to the 21st Century in a micro-holoprojection "web" in her costume and the goggles so she can see the device now able to fool modern technology. And some added powers: Regeneration, Extraordinary Physical Capability (better than a Olympic Class Athelete in any sport so will be stronger and faster and more agile than any normal human but not have SUPER strength) and Limited Shapechange (the costume will have a nanite feature than cover her adding both light armor that matches her skin able to protect from normal bullets and the like fairly well among other attacks and lets her alter her appearance if of roughly the same height and build- a voice alteration device added into the costume ~got this from Terminator II and III).

So will have-
1. Project Darkness
2. Trained by Phantom Woman II and is a Brilliant Inventor and Mechanic.
3. Become Invisible (including vs. Technological Devices)
4. Low Level Regeneration (not like Wolverine but can heal would faster than any human could by far just takes some extra time)
5. Paranatural Physical Capability (on par with Bataman but a mutant power)
6. Liquid Skin (have fun can place then in the bondice of her costume when not in use)
# Invisible Body Armor (protective as energy and elemental resistant Kevlar)
# Disguise

There that is a pretty respectable heroine some powers are off her advanced technology and some she was born with all in a sexy package will favor the barely there costumes of her predecessors. Add to that training so assuming like her previous incarnations she is a formidable unarmed fighter as she was trained by Phantom Woman II with espionage training and the like and a natural inventive streak hence her new use of older technology (and new technology). For a hook she will be the cousin of Bruce Wayne and not knowing he is the Batman but since her cousin disappeared decided to dig around. Well has to get it from somewhere lol.

Vice

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 14, 2006, 11:40:27 PM
Care to extrapolate?

Infinite Crisis was poorly-conceived, many of the characters were badly written, and they've used it as an excuse to turn my favorite characters into something you couldn't pay me to read.

indarkestknight

Checking the article, I think most of that would fall under 'bending reality,' which is, apparently, what her wristbands can now do. However, I'd impose the limit that without her gadgets, she's just a normal human, albeit with excellent martial training.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Vice on June 16, 2006, 10:35:52 AM
Infinite Crisis was poorly-conceived, many of the characters were badly written, and they've used it as an excuse to turn my favorite characters into something you couldn't pay me to read.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I feel it safest to stick to continuity. However, if there are specifics that you'd like to work out with me, I'm open to seeing what I can do to accomodate you.

RubySlippers

I have a great idea why not make up ORIGINAL heroes or at least the "children or protege' of" a hero so if I ran Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks it would be with MODERN technology available to heroic sorts. You know the granddaughter of the original Merry. Same could work for any even Liberty Belle after all her son shared the powers of both parents its possible a grandchild could have powers. Same for almost any heroine. Would be more fun then playing a Canon character.

Take Merry if you include contemporary science, alien science and engineering and such she could have some awesome devices from fly sized spy cameras to "some gadget she made a few years ago that is perfect to counter (insert villian)". Her schtick would be she happens to have just the right device for just the right time pulled from her cape or costume. Besides having the normal martial arts training, some detective skills, a special vehicle and be wealthy from inventing things.

After all lots and lots of heroes follow their family footsteps, same for villians. Not to mention protege' like Robin that became Nightwing.

indarkestknight

That can work, too, but the characters will need to be approved. For instance, Merry's kid would need the sponsorship of an elder member of the current superhero community, and I'd also have to approve most of the gadgets.

RubySlippers

Well many would be normal like tracking tracers that have magnets on them, armor from normal materials, various weapons and the like. Her only power will be Superintelligence (not so much basic IQ but creativity and ability to think OUTSIDE the box). But she can get lots of inspiration Tarantula an early hero had webguns and suction cups that let him scale walls like she couuldn't copy the devices for her own use. Well before Spiderman was even thought of. So I'll either take a hero she likes that is around and adapt his or her gadgets to the 21st century or do an original concept inspired by an ancestor like Merry.

I'm not going for a high powered heroine hell Bataman if well prepared could beat anyone even Superman and he's a normal man with gadgets and training.  ;)

indarkestknight

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 16, 2006, 01:33:15 PM
Well many would be normal like tracking tracers that have magnets on them, armor from normal materials, various weapons and the like. Her only power will be Superintelligence (not so much basic IQ but creativity and ability to think OUTSIDE the box). But she can get lots of inspiration Tarantula an early hero had webguns and suction cups that let him scale walls like she couuldn't copy the devices for her own use. Well before Spiderman was even thought of. So I'll either take a hero she likes that is around and adapt his or her gadgets to the 21st century or do an original concept inspired by an ancestor like Merry.

I'm not going for a high powered heroine hell Bataman if well prepared could beat anyone even Superman and he's a normal man with gadgets and training.  ;)

Gadgets, yes, but gadgets coming out the wazoo. If you read Tower of Babel, you know the lengths to which he went to invent those weapons for taking down the JLA, and, quite simply, they must have cost a boatload.  ;D I mean, a bullet that induces seizures at lightspeed?

Flash: There were days on end when I just prayed and prayed that I would die...

Wonder Woman (I think): Uh... Wally?

Flash: Yeah? ... Wait. How long was I out?

Martian Manhunter: Thirty-two minutes.

Flash: ...

RubySlippers

Well then after some thinking I'm going to play the granddaughter of the Tarantula. Will be an inventor and have money enough to finance her array of spider mimicing technology some her grandfathers but modernized and several new powers. Spiders have lots of abilities they covered them on a PBS special where they talked to Stan Lee so can have fun and most are fairly standard technology for comics.

But I think the Tarantula came out before Spiderman, but the DC hero didn't have any powers himself.

But I plan to make her a wold class athlete and acrobat like her grandfather, add martial arts training,  and a solid array of devices that aid her work in an integrated theme.

And I know there is a new Tarantula but she is inactive and frankly not family so will call her Mary Law in her secret ID.

Does that sound alright?

Rayve13

As for me, I'm leaning towards either Captain Boomerang II or Sand, with a slight favoring of Sand. We have a mystic in Mary Marvel, so not as much need for Jason Blood or Ragman. And we have at least two women, so no need to use a female character. If Ollie doesn't get used for some reason, I'll use CB 2, if not, almost certainly Sand.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Rayve13 on June 16, 2006, 07:33:16 PM
As for me, I'm leaning towards either Captain Boomerang II or Sand, with a slight favoring of Sand. We have a mystic in Mary Marvel, so not as much need for Jason Blood or Ragman. And we have at least two women, so no need to use a female character. If Ollie doesn't get used for some reason, I'll use CB 2, if not, almost certainly Sand.

As far as I know, as powerful as Mary is, she's rather ignorant in mystical matters: Hence why Batman's reserve JLA first-pick roster included Blood for magical support and Marvel more as a Superman figure.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 17, 2006, 12:52:06 AM
As far as I know, as powerful as Mary is, she's rather ignorant in mystical matters: Hence why Batman's reserve JLA first-pick roster included Blood for magical support and Marvel more as a Superman figure.
That would be my reading as well.
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

indarkestknight

Any other takers? Anyone? Please?

RubySlippers

Oops she is in need of a vehicle I'll keep this simple the TARANTULA CYCLE a high performance racing motorcycle, armored and a fair array of standard gadgets- oil slick, large caltrops to bust up tires, engine noise supressor when traveling at normal speeds, nightsight scope screen with a front view, radar (passive), nitro turbo boost for little maneuvering boosts of speed and reinforced suspension. No weapons she is the weapon but just a proper way to get around when she can't wallcrawl and websling around.

I'll do a proper character sheet and list of things her Micro-spiders can do I would likely add Sabotage and Acid-spitting models that can coat acid on a door bolt to cut it open and that's about it but any ability would have to be focused and something a small spider can do.

Rayve13

I'm in. Probably with Jason Blood, unless I can find another magic using male that's not too weak (Dr. Occult) or too powerful (Dr. Fate).

Swedish Steel

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 15, 2006, 06:33:37 PM
Comments:

Etrigan- Blood is, in his own right, a potent sorcerer, as seen in the Obsidian Age, who can summon forth the Demon within, but only does so in dire need. Note that even without Etrigan, Blood is quite powerful... and, apparently, quite well hung.

I get the impression Blood is quite the opposite, it seems to me he's on the "petite" side. :) When Deadman possesed him he looked down on Blood's crotch and said: "Would you look at that? No wonder Blood's always so moody..." :)

I'm in as Ollie.

On Off page:

pixiekitn

was thinking about joining the X-men game, and I don't think I could really keep up with 2 new games...  BUT.  My absolute favorite comic book character ever is DC.  And also, for the first time in a very long time I'm interested in playing a male character.  SO.

Do you have a Ray Terrill, AKA The Ray yet?
Do as you will, it's fun to explore.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5422.0

Rayve13

Quote from: Swedish Steel on June 20, 2006, 12:43:50 PM
I get the impression Blood is quite the opposite, it seems to me he's on the "petite" side. :) When Deadman possesed him he looked down on Blood's crotch and said: "Would you look at that? No wonder Blood's always so moody..." :)

I'm in as Ollie.

Well then, I clearly need to make another choice!

Swedish Steel

Hehe. I bet the Demon is hung though. ;)

On Off page:

Rayve13

I'm sure he is, when he's not blasting people with hellfire. I just hope it doesn't have spikes or something  :o

indarkestknight

Quote from: Swedish Steel on June 20, 2006, 12:43:50 PM

I'm in as Ollie.

It's actually implied in Obsidian Age that Ollie's even smaller, then. *smirk*

Swedish Steel

What? Nooooo, that can't be!  :)

Well, if that is so he must have mad skills, cause he seem to have a way with the ladies. I guess that proves size isn't everything (or so they'd have us believe).  :D

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Quote from: pixiekitn on June 20, 2006, 12:48:47 PM
was thinking about joining the X-men game, and I don't think I could really keep up with 2 new games...  BUT.  My absolute favorite comic book character ever is DC.  And also, for the first time in a very long time I'm interested in playing a male character.  SO.

Do you have a Ray Terrill, AKA The Ray yet?

Nope. You may join as him.

RubySlippers

I did submit an X-Men character but she is pretty much normal I guess with no massive powers like some of the others. Just an enhanced intelligence and can become one with a computer so they kind of fit together- maybe down the road she'll have a suit of power armor. Right now she fixes small engines at a local shop on weekends and rennovates a computer to sell on eBay now and then for a little extra money.

I don't like overly powerful characters its more fun for me having a nice hero with a theme and that is fairly normal but with some advantages. Like in this game Tarantula the third to have that name and the most technologically advantaged of the three. But still is basically special tools with training to blend into a formidable heroine.

pixiekitn

See, I chose the Ray because of his attitude.  He's just a regular kid, who discovered everything he'd ever known was a lie, perpetrated to keep him from discovering his powers.  And yet, he manages to get along mostly okay, and in spite of having the power to level cities on a sunny day, he really isn't conceited or egotictical.  Though he has been known to celebrate the victories.  ^.^  He's also kind of had bad luck with girls, something I think might change over the course of this game.  Hehe.

RubySlippers

I'm shocked mo one took The Wondertwins. lol

pixiekitn

So, uh, when were you thinking of starting this game?  Are you waiting for more players, or maybe for the site mods to open the game forum?  Now I'm all excited to see it start.  ^.^

Swedish Steel

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 20, 2006, 01:46:52 PM
It's actually implied in Obsidian Age that Ollie's even smaller, then. *smirk*

Mind telling me what you are refering to here? I want to know exactly what was said. :)

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Quote from: pixiekitn on June 20, 2006, 05:11:29 PM
So, uh, when were you thinking of starting this game?  Are you waiting for more players, or maybe for the site mods to open the game forum?  Now I'm all excited to see it start.  ^.^

We have, unless I'm mistaken, five players right now, and I'll need at least seven.

Obsidian Age. JLAs 66-76. I don't recall which volume it was.

Swedish Steel

Wouldn't mind a few more ladies, to mix things up. Come on Black Canary!  ;D

On Off page:

Swedish Steel

Quote from: Glabrezubane on June 20, 2006, 05:28:49 PM

Obsidian Age. JLAs 66-76. I don't recall which volume it was.

Don't have those. Mind telling me how it went down?

On Off page:

indarkestknight

Quote from: Swedish Steel on June 20, 2006, 05:36:21 PM
Don't have those. Mind telling me how it went down?

The plot? It's pretty long and convoluted...

Swedish Steel

Nah, just how it was hinted Ollie was smaller than Blood. :)

On Off page:

WarDragon

Ok, Glab talked me into joining.  ;D  Since my knowledge of the DC universe is limited at best, I'm bringing another original.

Steel: something about Blood's "magic staff" and Ollie's "not-so-longbow."

Anyway, character!
Elliot Maynard, "Shifter"

Description: In his normal form, Elliot is a shade over six feet tall, broad-shouldered, lean, and handsome (as if those were distinguising in the DC universe).  While his facial features remain (more or less) the same, his eye color, hair color and length, even height and build can be altered on a whim; on some days he's almost awkwardly lanky, on others more muscular than Superman.

Powers: Elliot, as his alias implies, is a shape-changer.  Unlike the deadly martians, or (in)famous Plastic Man, however, he cannot mold his body to the limits of his imagination; he is limited to forms of existing creatures, though he can mold such forms within the limits of their species, such as his own, human appearance.  When he does transform into another creature, whether it be field-mouse or Kryptonian, he gains all natual, biological abilities inherent to that race.  He also gains all of the instincts and reflexes necessary to control his current form, though he always retains his own mind.  Due to the mystical origin of his powers, he can even transform into creatures normally thought to be mere legends.  However, the more powerful a form he takes, the more tiring it is to maintain it.

In addition to sudden, dramatic changes, Shifter has a remarkable control over his own metabolism and immune system.  His body processes food as efficiently as humanly possible, he heals at more than twice the normal rate, his aging has all but stopped, and he is nearly immune to poison and disease.  This instinctive control over his bodily processes gives him speed, strength, and endurance on par with an Olympic athlete, even when he's not shifted to an exceptionally muscular human form.  Another side effect of his ever-changing form is a high degree of resistanct to telepathic assault and intrusion; his brain cells actually reconfigure themselves with every thought, making it nearly impossible for even the strongest telepaths to "get a grip" on his mind.

Origin: In 1965, Elliot Maynard was an ordinary graduate student.  He'd just finished a degree in Archaeology, and a professor he respected more than anyone in the world had invited him on a research trip to Central America; his entire, bright future lay ahead of him.  During the trip, they discovered a previously uncharted Olmec temple hidden in the jungle, and within it, an enormous, brilliantly glowing gemstone.  When the inscriptions around the gem were translated, they described it as being "a link between the souls of all beings."  Absorbed in considering the significance of the find, Elliot, the professor, and the other students never realized that they were not the first to find the temple... until it was too late.  A group of looters caught them by surprise, after they had gathered the artifacts and were making ready to leave; every member of the research expedition was shot in cold blood.

Elliot had been holding the gemstone, and he dodged just enough that the bullet struck it instead of him; the gem shattered, bathing him in shards, and a strange liquid that was held within the stone.  He blacked out, and awoke after dark... in the shape of a jaguar.  With the power and instincts of the feline body, and the soon-discovered ability to change into other forms, he easily defeated the looters, and avenged his friends, before returning to the United States.  Once there, he continued to work towards his graduate degree, while moonlighting as a crimefighter with his new power; in the years since, his travels around the globe have introduced him to a multitude of new forms.  He and Batman have worked together on three occasions, with the Bat introducing Shifter to the rest of the Justice League after the third; Elliot gratefully accepted the offer to become a League reservist, even though he never expected to be called...

Swedish Steel

So, what's the status of this game? Will it happen?

On Off page:

Nalla

Still looking for players?  Can I play Starfire or Supergirl?

Please?

RubySlippers

I'm still thinking about characters to play I kind of changed my mind about Tarantula. A ladies perogative before the game starts...

WarDragon

Glab's pretty swamped with RL issues, at the moment.

Swedish Steel

I'm sure that would be fine Nalla, though I can't speak for Glab.
I'd be prefectly willing to wait untill Glab has his RL worked out, just wanted an update.

On Off page:

Rayve13

Same here. I'll be content to wait, and practice summoning my inner demon  ;D

indarkestknight

Quote from: Nalla on July 02, 2006, 04:26:22 PM
Still looking for players?  Can I play Starfire or Supergirl?

Please?

Yes, you may play either, and thank goodness, we finally have seven players.

RubySlippers, that's fine. Just contact me when you've decided.

Nalla

Quote from: Glabrezubane on July 03, 2006, 03:19:56 PM
Yes, you may play either, and thank goodness, we finally have seven players.

RubySlippers, that's fine. Just contact me when you've decided.

:D Hmmm, think I'll play Supergirl then.

RubySlippers

Lady Liberty

History: The granddaughter of Liberty Belle and one her her ancestors the Revolutionary War patriot heroine Lady Liberty she now fights crime. (fill in later a bit more)

Powers
1. Like the formidable women (and men) of her family line she is athletic, a superb martial artist, acrobat/gymnast and trained as an ace crime fighter.

2. Movement Powers: She has lower level super-running, super-leaping, super-swimming, wall crawling and gliding (last off her cloak and costume) although individually not as strong as other heroes and villians she can move fast and with agility around or in battle- combined with her natural skills she is a very formidable heroine on the move.

3. Protective Costume: Her costume a throwback to 1776 is kevlar and ballistic cloth with a hat, claok and mask, in a sexy cut red/white/blue outfit after the old Star Trek Outfit. The cloak and harness attached add gliding to her movement abilities and it can be partially retracted for swimming. The suit is waterproofed and insulated against electricity, radiation and fire.

4. Sonic Blast: The one power she got from her grandmother Liberty Belle is the power to enhance and direct sonic blasts and to generate the blasts she uses a tiny Liberty Bell that when rings lets her enhance the vibrations into a powerful attack. The bell is a indestructable magic item made by her godfather the hero Fate that is able to generate stronger than normal vibrations.

indarkestknight

Approved. We're all set then. *runs off to start thread*