Quinth Saga (Pathfinder set in an original setting)

Started by sullivanthedreadlord, January 28, 2018, 08:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sullivanthedreadlord

I see the SRD is different from the book version. I have the book version of advanced race guide and its like this

middle age 35
old 53
venerable 70

if the SRD is different go by that.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

JaredSyn

According to the SRD starting age for Dhampir is 110 =4D6. The age appendix in advanced races says the same thing on page 248.

Angie

Anyway, it is time for my fighter to be unveiled!

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1476270

Name: Albuin Roth
Class: Fighter (1)
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good

(Most stat stuff is on the myth-weavers sheet, however, ignore the AC, his AC is actually 17 as his armor does not allow a Dex Bonus to AC, and his Touch would be 10)

Background: Albuin Roth was born to a family of farmers, but developed an interest in the forge at an early age when his father went to a local dwarven blacksmith to repair some tools. As he grew older, he sought to learn the craft, becoming the dwarf's apprentice. He learned the trade swiftly, impressing the dwarf, who revealed himself as a priest of Torag's and brought the young human into the faith of the Father of Creation. He also taught young Albuin the ways of war, how to fight with many weapons and in all kinds of armor, though Albuin himself favored the warhammers and maces of the world.

The dwarf had two apprentices, Albuin and his friendly rival Kristoph. As the dwarf grew older, it seemed that he would pass the forge to one of his apprentices, and Albuin would have been the one to inherit the forge, had a particular incident not happened: One day, a roving band of raiders threatened the small town Albuin worked and lived in, even going so far as to hold a dagger to a young girl's throat as they threatened to return within a week's time. That lit a fire in Albuin's belly, and together with Kristoph and their master, he forged a mighty hammer and a suit of armor to resist any blows.

When the week was up and the bandits returned, a small militia had formed for the town. They wielded farm implements or other tools of their trades, while the raiders carried real weapons. It seemed the bandits would easily over-run them...until the doors of the smithy opened, and out stepped the mighty Albuin Roth, hoisting a massive hammer on his shoulder and a strong, angry look on his face. He walked to the front of the militia's battle lines, the militia parting to let him pass.

"Dishonorable brigands!" He cried. "I shall take you ALL on!" And he did. The bandits threw themselves against his armored body to no avail, as he struck them down with the mighty hammer he had forged. The militia aided him, preventing the bandits from charging past him with brandished pitchforks. In the end, only a few bandits remained, fleeing back into the wild they had come from, and only a few people of the town had been wounded by lucky hits from the brigands.

As he was celebrated as a hero, however, his gaze was cast to the horizon. He asked that Kristoph be given the forge, for he now intended to walk the earth and bring justice to where there was none. "There are others who need me, and do not have me." He said. He bid a tearful farewell to the home he always knew, and set out on his personal crusade against the evils of the world.

EDIT: FUCK! I was having so much fun I forgot to give one of his ability scores a +2! Now added, his Strength is a 20. Which means his Earth-Breaker now does 2d6+7 damage...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Arcanist

Great!
Fighter, rogue and arcanist so far.
By the way, what is the most common terrain in your world Sullivan?
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

sullivanthedreadlord

The starting town is more of a plains type area with some forest type areas as well. To the west of the town is mostly farmlands. To the east of the town is mostly forest. To north by about 50 miles or so is a large mountain. To the south is more forest for a good 20 miles before it comes coastland and then ocean. To the north is also a large cemetery that has been there for almost a thousand years. It is huge. Its on about 1,485.5 acres of land to the north. There is a small village like set up for the people who maintain the place.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

sullivanthedreadlord

So far I'm approving

Albuin Roth
Dharvan
Damien Kast

I would like just one more before we start. Since the basic party size for any module is around 4.

Is there any more information about the world your playing in that you would like to know? This will be basic information that your characters would know like what you would know about your town growing up etc.

We can start with three. There is nothing to say I cant find ways to bring in more people as we go forward. It is just the first three people would have slightly more seniority depending on how long it takes for a fourth and fifth person to show up.

My O/O Page

JaredSyn

I am fine starting whenever you like. Just FYI I am unable to post a bit less on weekends, but can post frequently during the week at this time.

sullivanthedreadlord

The only hang up for me is thinking up what sort of rating to slap on this RP. I could leave it up a vote or suggestions based on what kinds of content you would be okay with having in this story.

My O/O Page

JaredSyn

I think violence for sure considering it is a Pathfinder game, if we had female characters perhaps adult scenes as well or if two males are into that then that as well. Best to be safe and pick a board to cover what may happen if it doesn't no problem.

sullivanthedreadlord

well my thoughts are

NC: Exotic-System Small Groups but I don't plan exactly to have elements that would push it towards Extreme Small Groups

My O/O Page

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

RubySlippers

Are Occult classes okay I'm thinking an Occultist with an Archetype Battle Host. Or can play something else like a bard.

sullivanthedreadlord

Yes Occult classes are okay. Its on the srd and a first party book.

My O/O Page

RubySlippers

Good, rhey can heal and do other magic so are a good class IMHO.

sullivanthedreadlord

Sounds good. So far we have 3 approved characters and 2 slots open. I am willing to open up a sixth slot as needed.

My O/O Page

Velatha

I would love to roll up a Magus using the Spell Dancer archetype.  I've tried this once before, but the game never got off the ground.

Or perhaps some variant of ranger would do as well.  I'll look into that right fast while I'm thinking on it.
O/Os

Roleplay request thread Status: Currently accepting

sullivanthedreadlord

I look forward to seeing what ever character you decide to create for this game.

My O/O Page

Arcanist

Serve me right for going to sleep. Hahaha
Thanks for approve. Will complete the character in a bit. But please check update just in case. Added a alternate racial component.

So the town is counted as a frontier?

Hi new people that just joined in.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

sullivanthedreadlord

Its at the most eastern edge of the kingdom. Further east is a neighboring kingdom. Its not as large as the one your in but it is a powerful kingdom ruled by a council of mages and druids.

My O/O Page

Illven

I'm interested as either a oracle or a bard.

Any preferences from the rest of the group.

Velatha

About to head off to bed, but here is what I've got.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1477469

Lyara Nailo, like so many of her kind spent much of her childhood learning the basics of magic.  She had proved at an early age to have a knack for wizardry and in the span of just a few years had reached the point where she was to decide upon a style to focus on so she could further her training.  Many of her classmates chose to limit themselves by picking just one school of magic to put their trust in, but not Lyara.  She would not be so easily satisfied.  She had ambitions of becoming a bladesinger.

Few students have any interest in following such a dangerous path, so the academy doesn't even have a dedicated teacher for such a field.  Instead the headmaster sent her with a note of introduction and was told to go to a small village and seek out a man named Soveliss Galanodel.  He was a spelldancer who had recently retired from adventuring and wandered home to settle down in the village he was born in to live out the rest of his days in peace and help the people however he could.  If she was lucky he would accept her as a pupil and teach her.

The village was fairly nearby and not difficult to find.  What was difficult was convincing Soveliss to train her.  He would not accept the word of anyone else and would only accept to teach her once she had proven herself to him.  She would however be allowed to stay in his home while he made up his mind.

For over a year she lived in the village, slowly learning the ways of the humans.  She helped the adults with what she could and entertained the children with minor displays of magic all the while taking what free time she had to scour the books made available to her in Soveliss's home.  Finally one day she came home particularly late in the day, completely spent and was greeted by finding a letter addressed to her stuck to the outside of the front door.  Inside she found a note and some strange clawed digit on a leather cord.  The note contained only five words.  "How many can you help?"  Confused, she opened the door and was thrown a sheathed scimitar and a belt by the older elf and was told to follow.

Lyara followed the man to a clearing in the nearby woods and was told that he had accepted to teach her only if she always kept in mind the question in the note.  It was the true purpose of those who learn the ways of "The Song" to help those in need.  He reached into his robe and pulled out another similar clawed finger.  "I will teach you the 'Dragon's Song.'  Much like the creature who inspired it your movements shall be graceful and beautiful, yet precise and deadly."  He explained.

For ten long years Lyara has trained with Master Soveliss.  She understands the forms, and the theory but cannot quite understand just how to apply it in actual combat.  Perhaps only time and experience will allow her to fully understand what she has thus far failed to grasp.
O/Os

Roleplay request thread Status: Currently accepting

sullivanthedreadlord

Your character is approved. I will run with 6 but no more than 6.

My O/O Page

Muse

Gah. 

So, I can try and pithc a cleric and race all these other fine people to getting in a character... 

Or I can just decide that's bad form...  And leave you all without a healer!  ^_^;; 

Sulivan, would you be interested ian a cleric of Saranrae? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

sullivanthedreadlord

A cleric is always nice to have around. Saranrae has always been my go too goddess of choice. Go ahead an post. There are two slots open. I said up to 6 max.

My O/O Page

Muse

Tri'fan'nya Songfire

I still need to tweak her gear a tad bit more.  :)  She should be ready in under a half hour. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)