You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 23, 2017, 08:08:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
Issue 74 (Autumn) ~ August thru October 2017

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [Shadowlight] Interest Check - A D&D 5E Dual Adventure  (Read 1485 times)

Offline WispyrTopic starter

• Story Keeper ♦ AmaBat ♦ Imp Wispyrer ♦ Dexa's Delight
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
[Shadowlight] Interest Check - A D&D 5E Dual Adventure
« on: January 28, 2017, 12:15:32 AM »
I am currently looking into running a Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition adventure set in a homebrew world of my own creation.

The Shadowlight game will use a unique twin-adventure model; which basically means that I will be running two campaigns simaltainously that will run parallel to one another, and the actions of one group can (will!) affect the actions of the other - with both groups potentially colliding more directly at various points in the narrative. Each group will operate - mostly - independently and be run as two separate groups that happen to be operating in the same region(s), so direct interaction between the two sets will be limited but definitely possible. Of course, then you have to consider that these two groups will also be working towards opposing goals.

The basic premise of Shadowlight is thus:

White Hats: Group one will consist of the "good guys" who are working for the general betterment of the region. These individuals may be brought together by the governing body, or by some avatar of the good, potentially something else entirely. In the long run, this group will be fighting on the LG/NG/CG/LN side of the fence and trying to bring around stability in the region. They'll be illuminating the shadows, inspiring hope, and otherwise being a more traditional set of adventurers that find themselves in service to some bigger cause. They'll become champions, heroes, and legends in the eyes of those of the region.

Black Hats: Group two will consist of the "bad guys" who are working towards various sinister goals. This group will almost certainly be brought together by some pinnacle of darkness that binds them together, though their services may extend to the most corrupt of men who wish to see upheaval and destabilization in the region. They'll be working to undermine the efforts of champions, take what they please, further their twisted agenda, and otherwise, make a mess of things for their own reasons. This group will operate on the CN/LE/NE/CE side of the fence.

The Story At A Glance
Kiur is an ancient land with a turbulent history shrouded in mystery and blood. It is a breeding ground for creatures that even nightmares don't dare conjure, but also a region so rich with resources that those human-like races that inhabit it can't bear to simply give it up. They say that the land itself is magical, that sitting beneath the great mountain Kidaraan is a convergence of ley lines, the very lifelines of the world itself - it is rumored that it is because of this font of unparalleled arcane energy is what draws creatures to the land. It isn't just monsters that come for the riches of the land, though, but men and beings from beyond this world as well. All with their own reasons, their own agendas, and their own methods to making those things a reality. The secrets of the land have been passed down and lost over countless wars fought for control of the region - though always are those seeking to recover and use them for their own advantage. The people of Kiur are fractured, giving their allegiance to various political factions each with their own views on how things in Kiur should be run. Skirmishes over land are a terrifying reality as these factions fight over bits of land they claim is their own; all while the looming threats of those beasts lurking in the swirling mists that roll through the land are ever present.

Game Details
Here are some of the things that I am looking for with this interest check:

• Shadowlight requires either 8 or 10 players. Each group will need to be at minimum 4 players, but I am eager for each group to be 5 players. That said I will take no more than 10 people on this adventure at this time.
  • I will require at least 6 individuals before I will release the rest of the information for this game and do an actual recruitment thread.
  • This is an interest check thread, not a recruitment thread. Voicing your interest is not a promise that you will be approved into the game should it reach the recruitment stage.
  • It is my intent to allow any of the currently published 5E material so long as you have access to it.
  • This campaign will unlikely start at level 1, more likely closer to 5 or 6.
  • I am not interested in running only one-half of this game - I have other 5E campaign ideas I'd rather run with a single group. If I can not find the proper support for both sides, I will not move forward with this idea.
  • Familiarity with 5E is not required but is highly encouraged. You should have at least a basic idea of how D&D functions as to not hold the game up excessively - however, I am happy to work with any players new to the system so long as you demonstrate a willingness to invest the time needed to learn.
  • The "white hats" do not need to be Dudley-do-rights. This group is meant to be a more standard adventuring party that leans to the good side of things, doing battle for a just cause. They don't all need to be saints.
  • The "black hats" can not be mindless murder hobos. While this group is absolutely meant to be evil, it should be done with some degree of subtly and grace - unless circumstance should dictate otherwise. Characters on this side of the fence will be bound together for a reason, and treachery among the ranks should be fairly limited if present at all.
  • Player character death is a thing that can happen. This is dungeons and dragons and that's part of the game. It will never be my intent to make it happen, but it's possible and you should be prepared for that potential. If during the course of the adventure your character meets an unfortunate fate but you as a player would like to continue with the adventure you will be permitted to reroll a new character and will be reintroduced to the party in a way applicable to the situation.

I'll answer whatever questions I can at this point, but right now I am mostly looking for those who might be interested in this sort of setting. If you are interested I'm happy to hear game elements that you'd like to see included, and I'll see what can be fit in so that it can be explored. Any story suggestions / themes / etc will be considered. At this time there's no point in pitching character concepts, but if you have a vague idea it won't hurt to put it out there.

So... -Clicks the interest check activation button- Who's interested?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:17:07 AM by Wispyr »

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Shieldmaiden of the Light ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey ❇ Creator of Critically Cleansed Tabletub RPG Dice Soap
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Currently on hiatus. If you need me, send me a PM and I'll get an email about it.
  • Ely Lightbringer, the Dragon Queen of Elliquiy™
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: [Shadowlight] Interest Check - A D&D 5E Dual Adventure
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »
OOOOOHHH ME ME ME! PICK MEEEEE!

I'd like to play on the White Hat team. I don't want to play a caster, so I will be looking at something physical or a bard.

However if there's an overabundance of White Hats, I can try to write up a Black Hat but it's not something that is my first choice.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:32:36 AM by Elysian Radiance »

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 12:22:19 AM »
Tentative Black hat here, looking to mindlessly murder women and children!  O:)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:43:54 AM by Amarlo »

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 12:23:03 AM »
Tentative interest as a white hat!

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 12:36:23 AM »
I'm interested.  I think I could go either way, but probably leaning toward "black hat".  Also, should probably note that my knowledge of 5e is somewhat limited.  I've got the basics down, I'm in another game currently, but it hasn't gotten very far and I'm playing a fairly basic class - Fighter.  :p

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:38:40 AM »
I'm interested.  I think I could go either way, but probably leaning toward "black hat".  Also, should probably note that my knowledge of 5e is somewhat limited.  I've got the basics down, I'm in another game currently, but it hasn't gotten very far and I'm playing a fairly basic class - Fighter.  :p

No worries about being new to it. 5E is pretty straight forward, and if you've got the basics then the "advanced" stuff is easy to pick up when it comes up. It'd be awesome to have you on board. :D

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 12:43:58 AM »
Well thanks.   XD

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:59:41 AM »
Definitely interested.

I'm honestly up for joining either the "good guys" or the "bad guys", since I can have fun playing either good or evil characters. If I don't get to just fill in for whichever side has fewer volunteers, I'd be quite happy to flip a coin or roll a d2 to see which side I sign on with :P

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 01:17:20 AM »
Definitely interested.

I'm honestly up for joining either the "good guys" or the "bad guys", since I can have fun playing either good or evil characters. If I don't get to just fill in for whichever side has fewer volunteers, I'd be quite happy to flip a coin or roll a d2 to see which side I sign on with :P
Flexibility is super helpful. We'll dive into the balance of sides should we get to the recruitment thread... But it seems there's potentially enough interest in it already to warrant that.

Offline shmone else

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 01:31:24 AM »
I'm interested! I could go either way on the sides, although I've got a definite tendency to play against type which probably translates to a more shady White Hat or a more noble Black Hat.

Offline Dominique

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 01:46:41 AM »
Expressing interest! I want to try my hand at creating a male character, a white hat I reckon ^^

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 01:49:18 AM »
Expressing interest! I want to try my hand at creating a male character, a white hat I reckon ^^
Oooo, good idea... I might try the whole male thing too. :o

Can I be your evil twin? ;P xD (jk jk - mostly)

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 01:50:56 AM »
I'd like to try a vague idea at maybe making a white hat sister to a black hat character, perhaps sent to different areas to grow up and take different paths.
Also, I'm gonna try for a monk.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:52:57 AM by MiraMirror »

Offline Rummy Tum Tum

• Fetish Prince of Bel Air | Crazed Jester
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Why does the tilde always make things so kinky~?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 01:52:30 AM »
I'm interested in being a Black Hat >:)

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Shieldmaiden of the Light ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey ❇ Creator of Critically Cleansed Tabletub RPG Dice Soap
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Currently on hiatus. If you need me, send me a PM and I'll get an email about it.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 01:54:44 AM »
Well, damn. I was going to suggest siblings for mine once an actual recruitment post went up but it seems that several others already want to do that. =/

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 01:56:08 AM »
Well, damn. I was going to suggest siblings for mine once an actual recruitment post went up but it seems that several others already want to do that. =/

If you're doing black hat, plot with meeeee.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 01:59:21 AM »
If you're doing black hat, plot with meeeee.
It looks like we're going to have plenty of black so I was just going to go white as it was my first choice.

Probably going to do an Aasimar bard.

And back to bed with me before I get scolded for not sleeping lol!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:00:48 AM by Elysian Radiance »

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 02:00:16 AM »
I don't have the books, only the core one.   Core only for meeeee. ;3;

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 02:03:27 AM »
I'd like to see how this plays out, though I probably as a white hat... I'm not usually comfortable playing evil characters. But I might try it eventually.

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 02:17:16 AM »
Well well... Interest seems to be here. I'll work on an actual recruitment thread and have some setting details worked out. Should be able to have that up Sunday at some point.

In the mean time, we can keep discussing the game and ideas here (and gathering more interest. Questions / comments / ideas / things you like / things you want... While I'm building things are the best time to give this to me. So let me know thoughts you have.

Also welcome everyone, and thanks for the support. It's always appreciated. <3

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:08 AM »
/ things you want...
I want a fluffy pink unicorn mount, pls. Kthnx :3

Offline Rummy Tum Tum

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 02:38:54 AM »
I do too, but I want mine to shoot laserbeams from its eyes!

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 02:42:24 AM »
I'll tell ya what... I'll stat it out, and if you can kill it, you can have it.  >:)

Offline Rummy Tum Tum

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 02:51:03 AM »
Ooh! Just like the first time I ate bear >:)

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 03:10:17 AM »
I'd like to play a Fighter of noble birth who has a mount and acts like he's better than everyone else, because, you know, nobility. I'm still good to play either White Hat or Black Hat, so I guess his alignment would be Lawful Neutral or MAYBE Lawful Good as a White Hat, or Lawful Evil as a Black hat. Actually, could still be Lawful Neutral as part of the evil group I suppose. Just from a noble family who are a bit less nice to people :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:11:20 AM by Countdown0 »

Offline Dominique

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 03:13:39 AM »
Oooo, good idea... I might try the whole male thing too. :o

Can I be your evil twin? ;P xD (jk jk - mostly)

Oh, that would be great - and I'm not kidding ;D But I get dibs on the pink unicorn, being white hat and all!

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 03:16:54 AM »
I'll tell ya what... I'll stat it out, and if you can kill it, you can have it.  >:)
Oh, so we're going the necromonger route? Is this going to be a thing for the game in general, because I could totally get behind this.  O:)

Oh, that would be great - and I'm not kidding ;D But I get dibs on the pink unicorn, being white hat and all!
... How dare you! Choosing pink just shows I'm secure in my evilinity. ]<

Although I do like the idea of a black unicorn...

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 03:22:46 AM »
Oh, so we're going the necromonger route? Is this going to be a thing for the game in general, because I could totally get behind this.  O:)
... How dare you! Choosing pink just shows I'm secure in my evilinity. ]<

Although I do like the idea of a black unicorn...

A black unicorn with red eyes, a tail and mane of fire, and the temperament of a Red Dragon whose entire horde just got stolen?

Offline Cataclysmic Archangel

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 05:54:42 AM »
Offering possible interest.  I have a White Hat idea that has sputtered out repeatedly in 5E games that would work here.  Looks like you have quite a large group already, however.

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
Interested as well - prefer a white hat, but hey, I can flex.

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
Offering possible interest.  I have a White Hat idea that has sputtered out repeatedly in 5E games that would work here.  Looks like you have quite a large group already, however.
As I mentioned in the post, interest does not mean approval. I should have the recruitment thread up tonight / tomorrow and Ill have templates for peoplle to fill out with their basic character concepts and Illl be working with them to design the characters and integrate into the world. From the submitted concepts ill pick the roster that I feel will best fit the game.

So... If youre interested you should absolutely submit a concept. Besides I think that youre still within the fist 10 people to show interest, so not too many yet!

Interested as well - prefer a white hat, but hey, I can flex.
Excellent. White Hates are always good.... haha! >.>

In other news... I'm currently working on some world building. Work has decided that it doesnt want me to do any actual work today and I cant access the corporate computers... So basically I can do nothing... So Ill do this instead. xD

Online AndyZ

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »
Interested.  I'll see where the chips fall before deciding white hat or black hat, since I could make either easily enough.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »
Just a heads up from someone who has played D&D with Wispyr for seven years...

HE. WILL. KILL. YOUR. MOUNT. AT. ANY. CHANCE. HE. GETS. HE WILL FUCKING MURDER IT AND FEEL NO REMORSE.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »

HE. WILL. KILL. YOUR. MOUNT. AT. ANY. CHANCE. HE. GETS. HE WILL FUCKING MURDER IT AND FEEL NO REMORSE.

Pick the person you hate most and mount him/her/it.

Everyone wins.

Offline Rummy Tum Tum

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »

Maybe that will sate him enough to buy my PC some time >.>

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 03:49:13 PM »
This is a super cool concept and I wish I had time to apply. I will just spy on it from a distance. =)
But...Butb... You  must come play. Pllleeeeeaasssssseeee. <3

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »

Ah, all the more reason to play a character who is Neutral on the good/evil scale. Gives you an excuse for a bloodbath! :D

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
I really wanna play an aasimar. >.>  Second pick is half-elf, I s'ppose.

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2017, 04:22:02 PM »
Being asked nicely, one of my many dozen of weaknesses!

Okay okay are SCAG/VGtM allowed?

I could be good or bad honestly there are so many things I want to play!!!
Haha! Viiictory. xD

Yes! At this point I'm inclined to allow any 5E material that has been released, provided the player has access to it - I have it all, so I can work with whatever.

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2017, 04:26:14 PM »
I have almost no material, so there's that.

I keep trying a Tiefling Paladin, but every campaign I have joined has failed miserably.  So I'll keep trying to play him.

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »
I'd prefer a pink laser beam pegasus myself, but I'll take what I can get.

Not sure what I'll play yet, but it's been too long since I played a cleric despite insisting it's always been my favorite class, so I might be leaning that way. Then again, rogue could be fun...

Offline Rummy Tum Tum

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2017, 04:41:47 PM »
I'd prefer a pink laser beam pegasus myself, but I'll take what I can get.
*nods sagely*

I'm thinkin' Sorcerer, Bard, or Warlock myself :D

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »
Aasimar monk for me!

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2017, 06:46:48 PM »
I voice interest to this game as well, can play either as white or black hat guy with no preferance on class nor race. Most likely a male though.

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »

TEASER

This is Kiur, the land that the game will be taking place in. Once the recruitment thread is up, I'll show the second part of this map that has locational names and what not and gives some point of reference for the game. From this though you can maybe start to gather some ideas about places you might be interested in and what not - all good questions once we dive into character submission and approval.

More info to come in the recruitment thread, details, etc. All of which should be up late late tonight or sometime tomorrow once I've compiled and formatted it.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »
Yay for maps!

Alternately, since no one has mentioned one, I think I can also go rogue.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2017, 07:27:44 PM »
A hexmap! Be still my nerdy heart! <3

And rogues are so much fun in 5e!
I was going to do rogue in our weekend group that [I hope] we're rerolling but she has story and it's not a real story friendly group, more killy smashy shiny loot. So I figure I'll play here instead.

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 07:38:30 PM »
Nice, I like the map. Looks like there might be some sailing to be done in the future, but that flies in the face of the "never get on a boat" rule. Hmm...

Offline Rummy Tum Tum

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 07:40:02 PM »
Ooh, purdy map <3

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »
Well, I was thinking of assassin, but I can be flexible depending on what others are playing.  A cleric of an evil or chaotic god could be fun.   >:)

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2017, 08:52:15 PM »
A heavy full metal gothic priestess would be badass for black hats  O8)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:54:48 PM by Zaer Darkwail »

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2017, 09:02:20 PM »
Well, I was thinking of assassin, but I can be flexible depending on what others are playing.  A cleric of an evil or chaotic god could be fun.   >:)
You're a black hat. I'm white. We can have one on each team. :P

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »
I don't see any evil monks yet! >:c

Offline Hobbes1266

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2017, 09:28:25 PM »
Are there still spots for this? Preferably black hat.

Offline shmone else

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:07 PM »
Out of curiosity, what did you use to make that lovely looking hexmap? I know that mapping tools exist but I've never really played around with many, and it might be fun to get into it at some point.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »
Out of curiosity, what did you use to make that lovely looking hexmap? I know that mapping tools exist but I've never really played around with many, and it might be fun to get into it at some point.
Inkarnate is what was used.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »
I don't see any evil monks yet! >:c

Well, if I end up in Black Hats I could make evil monk :). Or any class/race combo really.

Offline ZameRagues

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2017, 10:30:02 PM »
*Stranger appears and hugs Elysian before disappearing*

I was curious about the map maker as well. Thank you.

Offline shmone else

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »
*Stranger appears and hugs Elysian before disappearing*

I was curious about the map maker as well. Thank you.
Thanks!
-gets random hugs- Ahhh! You're welcome, both of you. :)

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
Haha, well im glad that you like it, thank you!

For that map I used the website: http://inkarnate.com

I highly suggest their program. Im not as big a fan of this current iteration theyre using but they just changed to it, so theyre testing new tools.

Offline Kathyan

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 12:26:04 AM »
This looks super cool, I'd like to join too, I can go either white or black hat as well ;)

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 12:33:25 AM »
I am withdrawing interest purely based on the fact there seems to be plenty of people interested, so I am happy to be unneeded. ::) That and my lack of internet situation will make creating a character for this a nightmare, me thinks. Hehe.

Have fun everyone! ;D

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2017, 02:25:24 AM »
Are there still spots for this? Preferably black hat.
There's always room for interest. The actual recruitment thread is being constructed currently. From that anyone can submit a concept and I'll be picking the 10 characters from that pool.

Offline Hobbes1266

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:21 AM »
There's always room for interest. The actual recruitment thread is being constructed currently. From that anyone can submit a concept and I'll be picking the 10 characters from that pool.
Alright thank you. Is there anything we should keep in mind while we plan our character concepts? Specific rules that are being used, things about the setting, homebrewed options or should we wait entirely for the recruitment thread

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2017, 05:56:00 AM »
Alright thank you. Is there anything we should keep in mind while we plan our character concepts? Specific rules that are being used, things about the setting, homebrewed options or should we wait entirely for the recruitment thread
While the setting itself is homebrewed, I won't likely be including many homebrew rule options - and any that are done so, will likely be done case-by-case as they pertain to individual characters that need them. We'll be using all current 5E source material provided that you have the information to use it.

Some things to think about though...

White Hats: What binds you to this cause? To what ends will you go to ensure that the cause is made a reality? What do you contribute to the group you're working with? What are you personally looking for? How does this arrangement benefit you? How did you get into this arrangement in the first place?
Black Hats: What are your goals and motivations? Why are you doing what you're doing with absolute disregard for anything else. Why are you willing to work as a team? What could bring you together with other people?

While some of these are vague and a bit random without the backing of the current story (which will be posted in recruitment), these are some of the top things you may want to start considering for your character. Start getting a feel for them and who they are and why they're doing what they are doing - whatever that happens to be. Then take the info in the (soon to be posted) recruitment thread and tailor your concept. Then we'll talk a bunch and flesh it out and go from there. :)

On the note of the recruitment thread... I am mostly done. I need to write concept guidelines, and what each group is doing yet. But I have most of the setting information done. So this will definately be posted tomorrow once I wake up. Once recruitment is up, I'll take setting questions and expand on the information I've provided as needed and as I see revealing being something that should be done. Some questions may need to be answered privately depending on character origins and what not.

Information in this game will be valuable, and everyone should remember that.  ::)

Now sleep for me. Recruitment to be completed in a few hours!

Offline greenknight

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
Interest noted and waiting for the recruiting thread. FWIW, I'm considering an eldritch knight, or maybe a druid or druid/wizard, and can play him white or black. In the first case, I think he might follow another character (or more rightly, she leads him around) probably against his better judgment if they're black hats.

Offline VeronicaH

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
I have interest in the White-Hat group. Thank you!

Offline Phaia

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »
I am interested in the white hat group. An arcane trickster/wizard combo!

Phaia

• Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2017, 03:37:28 PM »
[Shadowlight] Recruitment

All further game discussion should be moved to the official recruitment thread. I have locked this thread as it will no longer be getting support.

Thank you, and see you all in game!