Hidden Role Game - Spirits of the Fae (Interest check)

Started by laa, January 03, 2017, 01:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laa

Moodsetter

You wake up in a soft bed.

You're alone. You were dying, or so you think you recall, but now, you're alone and in mint condition.

The first thing to meet your eye is a bizarre, well-sized, room. Everything in the room seems unfamiliar but strangely well-suited to your personal tastes. Your favorite colors spatter the walls with an unrivaled artistic sense, your most desired hobby-items that aren't too big to bust the room open sit in the corner, ready for your enjoyment. In front of you, there is a small desk with drawers underneath it, that's surprisingly Ikea-like compared to the rest of the room. On top of it is a platter with your favorite food.

Slam! The window wills itself to the side with a surreal speed to it, sending a shockwave of surprise through your bones. In flies a small letter, accompanied by a too-fresh scent of salty air and the sound of waves playfully splashing together. The implication was simple, but the letter took priority over your senses as it flew right towards you with a strangely sedated speed.

The letter landed besides you, luckily meaning you no harm. On the cover of it, it had a childish font written out in glitter spelling out "Open me!~", the tilde being colored in flashy pink.

Open me~
Aha! I bet you thought this was rigged, didn't you? Well it wasn't, and that was the rigging in and of itself!

You died!

You didn't die!

What madness is this, oh I fear, oh I fear!

You know, I was there, seeing it happen. It was too dull an end for you. Way too dull. You look prettier with ecstasy going through you, or so I thought. Luck is fickle. Are you lucky? I don't know, that's why luck is so interesting! Who decides what is and isn't luck? Is there a luck god? Is it as lazy as I think it is? Oh the Faetality!

Spoiler alert: That pun relates to who I am!

I'm a Fae!

I've kept you alive for a little game that I think you'll enjoy. You, and several other almost-dying yet now definitely-not-dying players are on board this boat of mine at this very moment, eager to collect 10 points and attain the Grand Price! But, you're not alone. Ghosts, spirits and creations of mine are haunting your bodies and the boat. This is a good thing, however, as the spirits are your way out of this whole mess, your way back into reality! Exciting, excitement, excited, I bet!

Depending on what spirit is harbored deep inside you, you will be given a few ways of satiating it in a letter that should arrive shortly after this one. Whenever you fulfill the tasks, the spirit inside you will grow stronger, and you will get a point. After attaining three points with the same spirit, you will gain parts of its spirit as your own soul, allowing you to use magic, become stronger or smarter, essentially! Then, a new spirit will haunt your body, and the game continues until someone attains 10 points.

Ahhn! The Grand Price!

It's a bit of a secret, but, you will surely be able to come back to life with this Grand Price. The rest... Well, they might not be so lucky. If there wasn't risk, there wouldn't be excitement, now would there? Ahh, I can feel your shivers from all the way up here~

Yours truly, - The Fae.

~Have fun!!!~

The interest check

With that moodsetter out of the way, it's time for Laa to talk!

I suddenly got inspired by the various hidden-role games I've been playing for a while and wondered if it could make a fun group RP. If you've ever played The Resistance, Secret Hitler, Town of Salem, Werewolf, The Ship or the like, you'll know what I'm talking about.

The idea is that everyone is given a secret role. Given a list of roles in existence, the players now have to do various things in order to win the game while avoiding getting others to score. The score is kept secret at all times by me, so that no one knows exactly when someone has gained a point, except by studying the way people act. Example: If you keep trying to give people footjobs, people will get suspicious that you're the role that wants to give out footjobs. Once you've suspected someone of being a role, you can either make their life hard by pretending to want that footjob only to delay it a lot, or by calling them out. Calling them out, however, might not be easy - others will have to believe you, after all. Getting creative can hence pay off quite a bit~

Game rules:
Every 3 points in the same role reveals your old role, gives you an ability depending on the role and then gives you a new role.
Giving up on a role and getting a new one instead costs a point, but at least your called-out role isn't going to get you stuck.
At 10 points, someone wins something that I've not quite decided upon yet! Ideas appreciated. :P

In order to keep things fair in regards to a lot of the roles, there is a single stat that peeps needs to keep track of: Lust. It goes from 0 to 12, and at 12, you're forced to cum in your next post. You cannot cum unless you have at least 4. Cumming reduces lust by 6. Lust is increased by 1 per post where your character gets stimulated, including your own posts. IE: Oral sex MAY stimulate both or just one of the parties involved, vaginal sex MUST stimulate both. If a character is a masochist, they get stimulated by non-traditional sex acts as well - similar ideas goes for all other styles of fetishes, and is the rules for when this kind of stimulation is relevant is decided by the player who controls the fetish-receiving character.
Also, in order to count as stimulation, two+ players of the two+ characters must agree that their character is getting stimulated, unless an ability is used. This isn't to limit non-con or dub-con stimulation, but more of a way to make sure everyone is on board with what's happening as well as ensure someone doesn't break the game by getting a lucky role before forcing themselves on everyone, spamming the thread.
Also also, a stimulation post MUST be be replied to by ones getting stimulated before another stimulation post can be made towards the same character. Again, don't spam. :P

General rules:

• Don't make consecutive posts!
  • Your characters are NOT allowed to get into serious fights, unless communicated in the OOC.
  • While not a rule, good sportsmanship is a must for this to be funny. If two characters have a good chemistry, don't be afraid to let them fall in love and create in-character bonds that 'disregard the game'. While not the best move game-wise, it might just be the best move fun-wise.
  • What I say, goes!
  • Be at your best behavior, or you get the boot.
  • Please write at least 1 paragraph (4 well-formed sentences) per post.
  • No god-modding.
  • Don't include fetishes that your current partner doesn't like. If you're unsure, don't be afraid to communicate in the OOC.

I've been brainstorming some rough roles already. Here they are:
Roles
Fae: A class of spirits known for their teasing nature!
Every time someone calls you out for a role except from the role of the Fae, you get a point.
Every time you edge someone without letting them cum, you get a point.
3 points ability: You grow Fairy wings, enabling you to fly! You also permanently get points whenever someone guesses your role wrong from now on onwards.

Succubi/incubi: An entity that thrives on the pleasure of others~
Every time someone else is about to gain a point thanks to a sexual act involving you, you gain a point instead. Is countered by Black Widow.
3 points ability: Whenever someone cums thanks to you, they gain a point from sheer pleasure. In exchange, they’re hypnotized and must do as you say as well as they can for their next 10 posts - cumming during these 10 posts does not restart this effect.

Horndog: Some people are horny enough to be a class of spirits.
Every time you have sex with someone for more than 10 posts without stopping to do something else, you gain a point.
3 points ability: Your raw experience allows you to force someone to cum in a sex act involving you if they have 4 or more lust, including yourself. The cumming post limit is increased by 8 to 20 for your character.

Black Widow: The seducers and assassins of our time. Enjoys shiny stuff!
Every time you get someone to give you something valuable in relation to flirtation, you get a point.
Every time you have sex with someone and they don’t get a point when the two of you cum, you gain a point.
3 points ability: You can force someone (minding their sexuality) to have sex with you if you’re in the same room, but only one person at a time.

Fetishist: Voodoo people AND perverts!
Whenever you engage in (consensual) fetish-sex (nothing extreme is necessary, a whip or a good footjob is enough), you gain a point as soon as the scene ends regardless of whether or not someone came.
3 points ability: Once per post, you name someone and they get turned on, counting as a post of stimulation. This is regardless of where said person is at. This also allows your posts to count as two posts of stimulation, instead of one.

Angel: The good angels just want to see people moan. <3
Whenever a sexual act you’re in causes someone to gain a point thanks to you, you gain a point as well. (Note: If Angel X Succubi / Black Widow, no points are gained by anyone)
Whenever you’ve performed 10 posts of one-way stimulation, you gain a point. (IE: Oral)
3 points ability: Every time someone cums somewhere, you can choose to reduce someone's lust by 2. You also grow wings, enabling you to fly!

If I still have your attention, then awesome! Please consider coming with whatever ideas you can. I may just incorporate some of it. Maaay. =P
Character sheets won't be out before enough interest has been garnered and the game is about to start. This might take a couple of weeks.

Sain

I like the premise. It looks really fun and it's clear how much you've put thought into it ;D though I'm getting vibes that you're aiming for relatively short and quick replies pace for the game, which I would have some troubles keeping up with. Gonna just keep an eye on this for now :-)
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

laa

Sain

I like the premise. It looks really fun and it's clear how much you've put thought into it ;D though I'm getting vibes that you're aiming for relatively short and quick replies pace for the game, which I would have some troubles keeping up with. Gonna just keep an eye on this for now :-)

Thank you for your reply and interest! :D

I have no ideas what to go for in terms of speed. I think it'd depend a lot on who gets to be players, 'cus most interaction are pure player-to-player interactions. I guess more than 2 posts a week would be a decent minimum, but I frankly have no clue. The main focus is plain fun though, so if you're worried about the lust limit, just deal out that you're both going to 'go' at 4 lust in the OOC and it should be all good. :P

Leki

I feel like I need to start by acknowledging how ecstatically fun the Fae's letter sounded. 
"Exciting, excitement, excited, I bet!" <3

I'm going to admit that I'm usually not into the whole number crunching thing, but this sounds simple enough to at least pique my interest for the time being. Admittedly I'm a bit busy at the moment, but something tells me that this won't be starting overnight anyway.

Question: I'm wondering if there's a rule regarding consecutive partners? Or can a player constantly leech points off the same partner?

Yarnover

As long as all parties agree on what's stimulating I think this could be fun.

Vaginal sex alone doesn't really do it for a lot of females but guys kinda take it for granted that it does. And I am personally a masochist and a bit confused over what 'non-traditional' sex acts you are referring to.  ;)
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

laa

Leki

I feel like I need to start by acknowledging how ecstatically fun the Fae's letter sounded. 
"Exciting, excitement, excited, I bet!" <3

I'm going to admit that I'm usually not into the whole number crunching thing, but this sounds simple enough to at least pique my interest for the time being. Admittedly I'm a bit busy at the moment, but something tells me that this won't be starting overnight anyway.

Question: I'm wondering if there's a rule regarding consecutive partners? Or can a player constantly leech points off the same partner?

Thank you for your interest and compliment! <3

Thanks for your question as well, hadn't really thought of that possibility before now. I'll limit it depending on the number of people we are, so if we're like 3 or less male chars and 3 or less female chars, leeching off of the same is okay, but if we're just a few more like 4 or more males and 4 or more females, leeching would not be okay. The reason it can be okay relies on sportsmanship, as having continued sex with the same partner inevitably becomes suspicious, and if we don't have enough people there aren't enough partner choices to enable me to limit it.

Also, I've considered the option of having everyone be ball-less futas of some sort, as it would make the core gameplay much easier to organize, but I'll ask around about people's preferences once the start date comes around.

About the start of the RP, the RP will at latest start in about 3 weeks if enough people are interested as I get a lot of time then, but might start a bit earlier depending on... Well, life and interest in the rp.

Again, thanks for the question and interest. :P

Yarnover
As long as all parties agree on what's stimulating I think this could be fun.

Vaginal sex alone doesn't really do it for a lot of females but guys kinda take it for granted that it does. And I am personally a masochist and a bit confused over what 'non-traditional' sex acts you are referring to.  ;)

Yeap, don't want no one to feel uncomfortable. :P

Non-traditional basically just means fetishist stuff in general. So, footjobs, flogging, armpitjobs, etc.

Thanks for taking interest! =)

Petrus02

Interesting idea. I'd like to participate if its really going to start :-)

Edit: I'm against the futa-thingy ._.

Yarnover

I like pain... not necessarily humiliation and all kinds of weirdness. But this works out if everyone digs what's going on.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Leki

Hmm, have to admit that the futa-thing would be a dealbreaker for me, but I'll stick around and see how it goes for the time being.
Also feel like it would help to state that I'm able to play male or female characters for this, since it seems like a hetero roleplay, with somewhat of a gender balance.

I suppose one option would be to have all characters list down 5~8 fetishes, and anything that isn't listed results in one way stimulation (While common kinks results in mutual). But I suppose that'd give fetishist a bit of an unfair advantage in being vague.

laa

@Yarnover: Yeap, I tried to be as thorough as possible in making sure stimulation would require consent. Both for game-balance reasons and for the sake of fun/general enjoyment.

@Leki: Well, I won't limit the use of non-straight/bisexual characters, it's just less likely for the RP to be fun as I estimate you'd need at least 3 potential partners others than yourself for the game to be fun. From the looks of it so far though, yes, we will absolutely 100% certainly be needing men playing women. :P

I think writing down a few preferred kinks would be a nice way to get a quick shortcut to get to know what others might like with that particular character, but at all times, a quick OOC remark ("I consent") ("We are now having smex") ("I am ready for the hot bod, babeh!") either in the post itself or in the OOC thread is needed for stimulation to be felt by any participating partner, even if one way. It's both to ensure people are enjoying what's happening, and a way to ensure folks don't cheat by grinding the points regardless of consent.

I should also note that I'm planning to up a second 'recruitment' thread when all the details are in stone and the RP is about to begin, including details discussed in this thread and things I thought of along the way. If that isn't against any rules, that is. :P

Yarnover

I am unfortunately going to have to withdraw my interest in this game at the moment. I hope you all have a lot of fun though!
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Golden Spider

sounds fun, I am confused as to how it would work though
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

laa

I'm back! Woo!

As two folks in this thread are against the futa idea, futa is officially off the table. ATM, my plan is to replan all the aspects of the game in order to take the feedback into account before putting out the 'real' thread later today or tomorrow. Had a lot on my plate until today, but now's the time! WOO!

So, if any of you have any questions or feedback, now's a good a time as any to ask 'em before I set things into stone!

@Yarnover
May you have a good time on E! :P

@Golden Spider
Any and all questions are loved!

In regards to how the core concept works, it's basically meant to be a bit of a social game, or a guessing game of sorts, as well as a game centered around just having fun. The idea is that if you think you can score points by having sex with someone or just feels like having sex with someone, you'll make an OOC agreement with them, and any sex-post after that agreement until the agreement is cancelled will count towards cumming. As this happens, I will keep an eye on the point-scoring mechanics to see if someone does indeed score a point, secretly telling them if they do so in a PM, or if they should do so but didn't.

If there's something more specific you'd like to know about, or if the above doesn't make sense, don't be afraid to ask. :P

laa

Aaaand DONE! Took some time, but 'ere it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=262009.msg12922556#msg12922556

I'll lock this thread now, so yall head over there and take a lookie. :P