[Exalted 3E] Interest/Recruitment: The Transit of Sol - Recruitment Closed!

Started by Re Z L, December 14, 2016, 08:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

So I'm doing some worldbuilding for an Exalted game over here (please do not post there).  Currently it is lacking, but I'm working on it pretty much every day.  I'm also at the point where I wanted to open things up to recruiting, but there is going to be a rather lengthy time between now and the start of the game (see deadlines near the end of this post).  So, really quickly just a couple of small details to get out of the way right off the bat:

1.  The game will be a Living Sandbox.  What this means is that there will be things going on everywhere in the world, regardless of where the player characters are, which can and will have ripple effects.  Where you are and what you do will be (mostly) entirely up to you as players--I will just leave little bread trails along the way for you to follow or ignore at your peril.  Furthermore, things that you do will have a lasting impact on the world (largely in the form of the Lore skill--see the worldbuilding thread).

2.  So #1 might not mean much without multiple groups of players running simultaneously, a concept I am open to.  For now I'm tentatively interested in running up to two groups in tandem.  If someone wanted to help run the game as a Co-GM that would also help to run more groups.

3.  I don't want to dictate where the game begins--whatever the prevailing opinion of applicants is I can work with, which is one of the main reasons for creating this thread now, to have a little discussion about it.

4.  House rules will be very light, and character generation will be close to standard.  Caveats:  I am still trying to decide how I want to operate combat, stunts, effect durations (scene/story/etc), training times, and experience awarding.

5.  Lastly, there is obviously some information that just doesn't exist in 3E compared to the wealth of information that 2E has.  In some cases I will fall back to some 2E Lore.  In short, if something in the Worldbuilding thread contradicts what is in the 3E book, then the Worldbuilding thread is correct.  If you think there's still an issue or something just PM me and we can work it out  :)

At this current moment I'm not expecting to see any fleshed out characters, but if you want to float a character idea past me/the group then just stick to this format for now:

Concept:
Caste:
Supernal:
Brief Background:

Furthermore, there is a list of extra resources at the end of the Worldbuilding thread you might find helpful.

So, if you're interested, please let me know!

Summary of interest/submitted concepts:

Player    Caste    Supernal    Concept
RSGAlex    Zenith    Presence or Performance    Overachieving Noble Hegemon
Jarick    Night    Larceny    Agent of the Eye
CeruleanSerenity    Zenith    Presence    Slave-Turned-Free Spirited Courtesan
Terian    Dawn    Melee    Former Orphan turned Blade Master
Guancyto    Eclipse    Occult    Half-Blood Troublemaker
AndyZ    Twilight    Integrity    Arbiter
HairyHeretic    Night    Larceny    Gentleman Thief/Con-man
Latooni Subota           
mcmuffinfluffin           
A&A

Re Z L

Character Creation Rules     

Character creation rules are mostly the same as the standard Character Creation rules in the Core book, page 127.  Below is a short summary with differences highlighted.  See house rules for any changes to how basic mechanics may have changed.

• Attributes All Attributes begin with 1 dot

• Of Physical, Social, and Mental Attributes, select one as Primary, one as Secondary, and one as Tertiary.
    • Primary:  Distribute 8 dots among the three Primary Attributes.
    • Secondary:  Distribute 6 dots among the three Secondary Attributes.
    • Tertiary:  Distribute 4 dots among the three Tertiary Attributes.

• Abilities

• Select 5 Caste Abilities (see page 121 or page 127-128 for a list of available Abilities per Caste).

• Of the selected Caste Abilities pick one to be a Supernal Ability.
    • Select 5 Favored Abilities from any abilities that were not chosen as Caste Abilities.
    • New: Place 1 dot in each Supernal, Caste, and Favored ability.
    • New: Distribute 24 dots among all Abilities.  None may be raised above 3 without spending bonus points with the exception of the Supernal Ability.
    • Assign four Specialties.

• Merits

• Spend up to 10 dots on Merits.

• Charms

• Select 15 Charms.

• Intimacies and Limit

• Choose at least:

• One Defining Intimacy
      • One Major Intimacy
      • One Positive Intimacy
      • One Negative Intimacy
    • Select Limit Trigger (page 134-135)
    • Select Virtue Flaw (page 136-137)

• Willpower

• Assign 5 dots to Willpower

• Essence

• Assign 1 dot to Essence
    • Determine Personal Essence
    • Determine Peripheral Essence

• Bonus Points

• New: Spend 18 Bonus Points (see page 128 for Bonus Point costs)
A&A

Cessali

Tentative throwing the hat in!  Back during some High Piracy days a friend of mine tried and utterly failed to get an Ex3 game started, but I liked the character enough to keep him in mind.

Sesus Shanjing
Concept: Layabout Dynast / Informant for the Eye
Caste: Night
Supernal: Larceny
Brief Background: Shanjing's failure to Exalt defined the rest of his life.  Rather than work hard to ensure his next birth was one destined to Exalt, he began grandiosely pissing away his share of family fortunes, barely pulling his weight until his indiscretions went too far and caught the attention of the All-Seeing Eye.  They impressed him into their service as an informant, and to his surprise, he found a certain entertaining purpose in being blackmailed in order to blackmail.  He's not yet had to betray his House yet -- even when Certain Things happened, which he is certain not even the Eye knows about -- but he's almost looking forward to the challenge of balancing everything -just- right.  Besides, he may have a demon-worshipping sorcerer's soul lurking in the depths of his own now, but don't the Immaculate texts say that even a demon can be made to serve justice by a righteous master?

Crash

Interested in a Brawling Dawn caste.  Local Athlete/celebrity. Will write up more this weekend.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

RSGAlex

I'll float this by you for a Zenith caste.

Concept: Overachieving Noble Hegemon gone further afield
Caste: Zenith
Supernal: Presence or Performance
Brief Background: Third Spear of the Lost Days was once a young noble for the Triarch of the Lake-City. He rose to great heights, setting his lord above the Triarchs of the Forest-City and Mountain-Fortress to become Great Triarch of the Threefold Alliance. In return, the Great Triarch granted him power, status, and the title of First Mouth of the Divine. But the Great Triarch grew old and frail while his greatest servant only grew older, having taken the Second Breath some at some time forbidden to speak of by all in the Threefold Alliance. The next Triarch of the Lake-City feared the First Mouth of the Divine, and called him to a meeting of the Triarchs. The retirement ceremony was strained, the gifts pitiful compared to his services, and Third Spear was only allowed to keep a small amount of his panoply, but Third Spear let the farce go through. For while his skills were enough to be Triarch of any of the cities, Grand Triarch would be beyond him for now. And so setting a few of his newly gained servants to the task of managing his new estate, Third Spear set off with his enchanted blade and Garuda-feather-and-tiger-skin armor to bend the greater world around him and learn those skills he'd need upon his return to the Threefold Alliance.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Re Z L

Quote from: Jarick on December 14, 2016, 09:10:15 PM
Tentative throwing the hat in!  Back during some High Piracy days a friend of mine tried and utterly failed to get an Ex3 game started, but I liked the character enough to keep him in mind.

Sesus Shanjing
Concept: Layabout Dynast / Informant for the Eye
Caste: Night
Supernal: Larceny
Brief Background: Shanjing's failure to Exalt defined the rest of his life.  Rather than work hard to ensure his next birth was one destined to Exalt, he began grandiosely pissing away his share of family fortunes, barely pulling his weight until his indiscretions went too far and caught the attention of the All-Seeing Eye.  They impressed him into their service as an informant, and to his surprise, he found a certain entertaining purpose in being blackmailed in order to blackmail.  He's not yet had to betray his House yet -- even when Certain Things happened, which he is certain not even the Eye knows about -- but he's almost looking forward to the challenge of balancing everything -just- right.  Besides, he may have a demon-worshipping sorcerer's soul lurking in the depths of his own now, but don't the Immaculate texts say that even a demon can be made to serve justice by a righteous master?

High Piracy, huh?  Hehe  ;D

Seems like a Realm loyalist almost, even post exaltation--could even still be an agent for The Eye (though I think that was probably the intent?).  Certainly has plenty of potential, especially if/when working with more exalts.  I suppose I should have added maybe a couple more questions to that but...

What would you be looking to do in the game?  Or what focus would you like it to take?  Also did you have any thoughts about where to have it featured (ie. North/South/East...)?

Quote from: Crash on December 14, 2016, 11:24:32 PM
Interested in a Brawling Dawn caste.  Local Athlete/celebrity. Will write up more this weekend.

Looking forward to it!  Obviously there's no rush  :)

Quote from: RSGAlex on December 15, 2016, 09:19:02 AM
I'll float this by you for a Zenith caste.

Concept: Overachieving Noble Hegemon gone further afield
Caste: Zenith
Supernal: Presence or Performance
Brief Background: Third Spear of the Lost Days was once a young noble for the Triarch of the Lake-City. He rose to great heights, setting his lord above the Triarchs of the Forest-City and Mountain-Fortress to become Great Triarch of the Threefold Alliance. In return, the Great Triarch granted him power, status, and the title of First Mouth of the Divine. But the Great Triarch grew old and frail while his greatest servant only grew older, having taken the Second Breath some at some time forbidden to speak of by all in the Threefold Alliance. The next Triarch of the Lake-City feared the First Mouth of the Divine, and called him to a meeting of the Triarchs. The retirement ceremony was strained, the gifts pitiful compared to his services, and Third Spear was only allowed to keep a small amount of his panoply, but Third Spear let the farce go through. For while his skills were enough to be Triarch of any of the cities, Grand Triarch would be beyond him for now. And so setting a few of his newly gained servants to the task of managing his new estate, Third Spear set off with his enchanted blade and Garuda-feather-and-tiger-skin armor to bend the greater world around him and learn those skills he'd need upon his return to the Threefold Alliance.

Sounds cool!  Perhaps instead of a retirement he was sent on a supposedly impossible mission--I suppose that would largely depend on his level of loyalty to the Triarch.  It could also explain why the character would be in a vastly different part of creation ("My most loyal and powerful servant I need you to go to Ascension to retrieve for me the Golden Feather of the Sun", or negotiate with some inimical host, or whathaveyou).

Same questions that I asked Jarick:  What would you be looking to do in the game?  Or what focus would you like it to take?  Also did you have any thoughts about where to have it featured (ie. North/South/East...)?
A&A

Cessali

Shanjing is definitely a loyalist; he found more purpose in working for/with the Eye than in growing up as part of the Dynasty, especially when it became evident he wasn't going to be special like some of his older and eventual younger siblings were.  I would intend, over the course of play as he learns more about the world outside of his comfortable ennui bubble, for his arc to see him shift from being a loyalist (the Realm is the Best Thing), to being an apologist (the Realm is our best option), to an eventual insurrectionist (Creation needs the Realm, but it doesn't need -this- Realm).

Location-wise, the basic idea ('I'm totally meandering like a Dynast does, never mind my clear mortality and the fact that I seem to know someone wherever we go') can be transplanted almost anywhere that the Dynasty has an interest in an observer, which likely means most of the West, the near North and South, and in more subtle ways in the East -- anywhere somewhat remotely civilized, anyway.  This PC isn't much for exploring the hidden wilds on a regular basis, so while am not opposed to such things, would prefer that they not be the primary focus.  In-group, based on vague ideas, he is liable to either be a deadpan wit second/third in command lubricating the gears of a Circle's work, or -- Dragons help us, in the case he ends up one of the more authoritative personalities -- the shadowy mastermind directing the Circle's activities from the shadows.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RSGAlex

Quote from: Re Z L on December 15, 2016, 05:17:12 PM
Sounds cool!  Perhaps instead of a retirement he was sent on a supposedly impossible mission--I suppose that would largely depend on his level of loyalty to the Triarch.  It could also explain why the character would be in a vastly different part of creation ("My most loyal and powerful servant I need you to go to Ascension to retrieve for me the Golden Feather of the Sun", or negotiate with some inimical host, or whathaveyou).

Same questions that I asked Jarick:  What would you be looking to do in the game?  Or what focus would you like it to take?  Also did you have any thoughts about where to have it featured (ie. North/South/East...)?

Fun trivia, the original short background was more explicit about Third Spear doing something in the South to forge some kind of pact with a god for magic, or perhaps the god's descendants for more material gains. I took it out because I wanted to wait about suggesting a direction.

But yeah, first suggestion if we don't' go with "out on an 'impossible' quest" would be the South. He'd be trying to build some kind of mercenary company or grand business or even city-state to learn how to delegate. He won many battles by being there, but if he were to ascend as Grand Triarch, his ability to go out and fight would be limited, so he'd have to learn how to both recognize talent and use it.

If, instead, Third Spear's out to find something for the current Triarch, well, then he's going to be taking his time. If those three neither had the guts to upturn the order given by the gods and try to kill him nor the wits and miserlyness to force him to refuse a rightful retirement and make him upturn that order, well, then he's going to enjoy this time abroad. Learn new things, make a legend for himself. In short, return with enough power to force the gods themselves to acknowledge him as their equal.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Latooni Subota

How newby-friendly will things be? I have some 2E experience, and no 3E experience (yet), but I don't wanna just throw up a character and then drag people down if I get in, you know?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Re Z L

Quote from: Latooni Subota on December 16, 2016, 06:43:51 PM
How newby-friendly will things be? I have some 2E experience, and no 3E experience (yet), but I don't wanna just throw up a character and then drag people down if I get in, you know?

My own experience with the game is a bit limited as well, having only been able to actually play a handful of times, but I've got a pretty good grasp on the rules at this point.

But I wouldn't worry about slowing things down, I'll be happy to work with anyone who is new to the system--having some 2E experience gives you a leg-up in terms of setting anyway I think.
A&A

Re Z L

Update:

Character creation rules are up!

Only a couple minor changes from standard creation, specifically with Abilities and Bonus Points.  No need to start generating characters (unless you really want to) but it's there to give everyone an idea of where we'll be starting.
A&A

Terian

Sure, I'll give this a shot,

Kanaria of the Red Pines
Concept: Former Orphan turned Master of Martial Arts
Caste: Dawn
Supernal: Melee
Brief Background:

Orphans are regularly made in the war-torn vistas of Creation, as one nation or another decides to beat up their neighbours for treasure or sport.  Kanaria is one of them--what is somewhat less common are the ones who are slurped up by one master of the Martial Arts or another, some hidden potential spotted and the poor victim brought in for training.  Kanaria was one of many trained by the former Lady of the Red Pines--a Fire Aspect master of the Steel Devil form, and raised--along with several others--as an acolyte.  Right up until her training was near completion, and she was ordered to execute the remaining students to 'Cleave away the last of your attachments.'  Kanaria refused--and would have been executed in time as a failed student if she was not given the gift of Exaltation in that period of time. Defeating the old Lady of the Red Pines, Kanaria has largely taken her panoply and her role in things--and lives life as a Champion of great skill for the hire of the various nations--so long as they can meet her fees.

more detailed backstory pending when I get around to character generation.

HairyHeretic

Tentative interest. Thinking about reworking my ex-Lookshy Ashigaru as a Night Caste. I'd like to do him with his a 3rd ed version of the stealth Ashigaru armour, but also use the Ebon Shadow style martial arts. Unfortunately the two aren't compatable, since the Ebon Shadow style can't use armour.

Would an artifact evocation be able to overcome that?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 18, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
Tentative interest. Thinking about reworking my ex-Lookshy Ashigaru as a Night Caste. I'd like to do him with his a 3rd ed version of the stealth Ashigaru armour, but also use the Ebon Shadow style martial arts. Unfortunately the two aren't compatable, since the Ebon Shadow style can't use armour.

There's precedent for it with Silken Armor as a 4 dot.  Most likely the Ashigaru Armor would be a 5 dot.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Re Z L

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 18, 2016, 07:53:31 AM

I'm not against the idea, though I do want to get away from the concept of "power armor" as a thing--perhaps more of a purely magical sort of armor, a silken gi woven from shadow for example.  Plenty of time to roll around some ideas if you have any  :)

Quote from: Terian on December 17, 2016, 07:16:31 PM
Sure, I'll give this a shot,

Kanaria of the Red Pines
Concept: Former Orphan turned Master of Martial Arts
Caste: Dawn
Supernal: Melee
Brief Background:

Orphans are regularly made in the war-torn vistas of Creation, as one nation or another decides to beat up their neighbours for treasure or sport.  Kanaria is one of them--what is somewhat less common are the ones who are slurped up by one master of the Martial Arts or another, some hidden potential spotted and the poor victim brought in for training.  Kanaria was one of many trained by the former Lady of the Red Pines--a Fire Aspect master of the Steel Devil form, and raised--along with several others--as an acolyte.  Right up until her training was near completion, and she was ordered to execute the remaining students to 'Cleave away the last of your attachments.'  Kanaria refused--and would have been executed in time as a failed student if she was not given the gift of Exaltation in that period of time. Defeating the old Lady of the Red Pines, Kanaria has largely taken her panoply and her role in things--and lives life as a Champion of great skill for the hire of the various nations--so long as they can meet her fees.

more detailed backstory pending when I get around to character generation.

Looks pretty good so far  :)  Did you mean Melee for the Supernal?  It certainly fits, but it would limit your initial martial arts stuff if that's the direction you wanted to go.
A&A

Terian

It's more that in the long run (And I'm willing to plan for the long run given the amount of effort you've put in).  Martial Arts just lose out to the abilities of  a Solar in Melee.

Which isn't to say that Steel Devil Style is weak, it's just that it doesn't have anything higher than Essence 3, and I plan to take Charms from that and blend it in with Melee Charms to create something unique.  But ultimately, the core melee skill is more important.

I could still potentially change that I guess.  It depends if I'm planning for a long chronicle, one with lots of timeskips, or the like.  A short-term game would favor using Martial Arts as my Supernal however.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Re Z L on December 20, 2016, 06:06:19 PM
I'm not against the idea, though I do want to get away from the concept of "power armor" as a thing--perhaps more of a purely magical sort of armor, a silken gi woven from shadow for example.  Plenty of time to roll around some ideas if you have any  :)

My main issue with that is it sort of moves away from what the Ashigaru were (at least in 2nd ed). Of course, til there is more info on how the world has changed in 3rd, I can't do a 'proper' representive backstory that keeps the elements I had previously come up with.

I could keep the personality of the character easily enough, but it would probably be simpler to scrap his background and do something different.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Re Z L

Quote from: Terian on December 20, 2016, 09:07:10 PM
It's more that in the long run (And I'm willing to plan for the long run given the amount of effort you've put in).  Martial Arts just lose out to the abilities of  a Solar in Melee.

Which isn't to say that Steel Devil Style is weak, it's just that it doesn't have anything higher than Essence 3, and I plan to take Charms from that and blend it in with Melee Charms to create something unique.  But ultimately, the core melee skill is more important.

I could still potentially change that I guess.  It depends if I'm planning for a long chronicle, one with lots of timeskips, or the like.  A short-term game would favor using Martial Arts as my Supernal however.

Makes perfect sense!

I could see it going either way--maybe the character started out working towards Steel Devil, but their calling was more generalized in supernatural prowess with melee weapons.  It would certainly make less sense if suddenly the focus was on, say, Linguistics instead.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 21, 2016, 07:46:07 AM
My main issue with that is it sort of moves away from what the Ashigaru were (at least in 2nd ed). Of course, til there is more info on how the world has changed in 3rd, I can't do a 'proper' representive backstory that keeps the elements I had previously come up with.

I could keep the personality of the character easily enough, but it would probably be simpler to scrap his background and do something different.

I'm perfectly happy to try and work something out!  There's certainly nothing to say that the Ashigaru couldn't exist without Power Armor, they'd just be different than they were previous.  If you want to throw out some ideas we can see what we can come up with.

As this might be relevant to others:  my philosophy on Artifacts is that they shouldn't be too commonplace (especially if they have the capability to have Evocations associated with them), and certainly you shouldn't be able to consistently outfit a military force with them.  Furthermore I dislike the general concept of Magitech and so I would like to shy away from things from 2nd Edition like clearly robotic Automotons, Power Armors, and anything that was more technology than artifice.  This isn't a hard restriction--I'm pretty flexible--but it may take some discussion between me and interested parties.  Hope that makes sense!
A&A

HairyHeretic

I never had any issue with the magitech, and I've always thought it a fairly integral part of the setting. Whatever I come up with though, I'd want to try to make it faithful to the setting, so until I know how much Lookshy has changed, I think I'll probably do something different for now.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Terian

Quote from: Re Z L on December 21, 2016, 04:33:01 PM
Makes perfect sense!

I could see it going either way--maybe the character started out working towards Steel Devil, but their calling was more generalized in supernatural prowess with melee weapons.  It would certainly make less sense if suddenly the focus was on, say, Linguistics instead.

Thanks.

Anyway, I'm definitely taking some Artifact Armor, what I'm debating on is if I want the weapons to be Artifact as well out the gate, or if I'd prefer to work towards them.

Ah well, I'll figure something out.

Terian

By the way, I'm chewing through the Character Sheet now (BP and other points are spent, just need to get to my Charms), and I noticed something.  You do know that "Virtue Flaw" isn't a thing anymore in Third Edition--because it's decided on a case by case basis by the GM based on what pushed the PC over the edge?

CeruleanSerenity

What's the deadline for submitting a character? I've been wanting a good Exalted game for ages, so I'm definitely interested, but I don't have much free time right now... I don't want to commit to anything until I'm confident I'll be able to handle it.

Re Z L

Quote from: Terian on December 21, 2016, 08:49:27 PM
By the way, I'm chewing through the Character Sheet now (BP and other points are spent, just need to get to my Charms), and I noticed something.  You do know that "Virtue Flaw" isn't a thing anymore in Third Edition--because it's decided on a case by case basis by the GM based on what pushed the PC over the edge?

Huh!

Somehow I seemed to have missed that detail!

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on December 21, 2016, 11:07:59 PM
What's the deadline for submitting a character? I've been wanting a good Exalted game for ages, so I'm definitely interested, but I don't have much free time right now... I don't want to commit to anything until I'm confident I'll be able to handle it.

There is plenty of time!  I'm only tentatively going to be doing the player selection by 7 Jan or so.
A&A

Terian

And here's version 1.0 of the character sheet.  Let me know if you see any issues with it?

Name:Kanaria of the Red Pines
Player:Terian
Chronicle:Transit of Sol
Concept:Champion For Hire
Exaltation:Solar
Caste:Dawn
Anima:Golden Feathers Falling in her wake
Face Claim: N/A

Sexuality:Bi
Height:5’11
Weight:150 lbs
Eye Color:Green
Hair Color:Black
Skin Tone:Fair

Attributes
Physical     Strength••••
     Dexterity•••••
     Stamina••••

Social     Charisma••••
     Manipulation•••••
     Appearance•••••

Mental     Perception•••••
     Intelligence•••••
     Wits•••••

Merits
     Artifact••••
     Martial Arts••••
     Ambidextrous
     Followers••
     Influence•••••
     Resources•••••

Abilities
Specialties
Supernal     Martial Arts•••••     Swords

Caste     Melee•••••     
     Resistance•••••     Poisons
     Awareness•••••     Hearing
     War••••     

Favored     Presence•••••     
     Athletics•••••     Long Distance Running
     Integrity•••••     
     Socialize•••••     
     Survival•••••     

Archery•••••     
     Brawl••••     
     Bureaucracy•••••     
     Craft (Max)•••••     
     Dodge••••     
     Investigation••••     
     Larceny•••••     
     Linguistics••••     
     Lore••••     
     Medicine•••••     
     Occult••••     
     Performance••••     
     Ride•••••     
     Sail•••••     
     Stealth••••     
     Thrown•••••     

Crafts     Fill•••••     

Essence

••••

Personal     
13 / 13
     (Essence x 3) + 10
Peripheral     
33 / 33
     (Essence x 7) + 26
Committed     

Willpower

••••••••••

•••••••□□□

Limit

□□□□□□□□□□

Trigger     The Solar tells a lie, deliberately deceives someone, or breaks a sworn oath.     

Equipment
Twin Straight Swords     Withering Attack13     Dex + Combat Ability + Weapon Acc
     Decisive Attack11     Dex + Combat Ability
     Damage13     
     Defense+1     
     Overwhelm2     
     TagsLethal, Melee, Balanced     

Crimson Wing Regalia     Soak12     
     Hardness7     
     Mobility Penalty-1     
     TagsSilent     

Crimson Wing Regalia (••••)     Page referenceCore 600     
     Brief DescriptionArmor of the Lady of the Red Pines, claimed by Kanaria when she killed her former master and took her title for herself.  Using a supple suit of some unknown material as a base, it integrates light Red Jade plates where possible to deflect blows aimed at the wearer's vitals.  Undoubtedly has great power still untapped     
     BonusArtifact Medium Armor: Counts as a Reinforced Buff Jacket     

Hearthstone Name (•)     Page referenceFill     
     Brief DescriptionFill     
     BonusFill     

Miscellaneous Item Name     Page referenceFill     
     Brief DescriptionFill     
     BonusFill     

Intimacies
Defining (+4/-3)     Principle:     I will redeem the Red Pine Sect and turn it to a force of righteousness

Major (+3/-2)     Tie:     Tyrants (Too much like Master)
     Principle:     Honor and Success are not mutually exclusive

Minor (+2/-1)     Tie:     Fellow Orphans (Sympathy)
     Principle:     If you can't win with your head held high, it's not worth it.

Defenses
Physical     Parry7     ((Dex + Brawl/Martial Arts/Melee)/2 round up) + weapon defense
     Evasion2     ((Dex + Dodge)/2 round up) - armor mobility penalty
     Natural Soak4     Stamina + Charms
     Total Soak12     Natural Soak + Armor Soak
     Hardness7     Armor Hardness + Charms

Mental     Resolve3     (Wits + Integrity + Specialty)/2 round up
     Guile3     (Manipulation + Socialize + Specialty)/2 round up

Combat Actions
     Join Battle6     Wits + Awareness
     Rush8     Dexterity + Athletics (contested)
     Disengage6     Dexterity + Dodge (vs. opponents' Rush)
     Rise from Prone6     Dexterity + Dodge diff. 2
     Take Cover6     Dexterity + Dodge
     Withdraw8     Dexterity + Athletics

Health
     -1□□□     
     -2□□□□     
     Incap     

Charms and Sorcery

Solar Charms
Athletics     Graceful Crane Stance     
     Monkey Leap Technique     

Resistance     Ox-Body Technique