You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 20, 2017, 07:46:11 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
Issue 74 (Autumn) ~ August thru October 2017

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pokémon Tabletop United - An Unnatural Conclusion - All Welcome, Furry  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Hexed

Re: Pokémon Tabletop United - An Unnatural Conclusion - All Welcome, Furry
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 10:37:27 PM »
...I'm sure my gal will be doing the same. She'll be providing fire/artillery support as well xD

A good thing is that we have the option of going to the air if need be (since last time I checked we're gonna have two people with levitate)...granted we should look to get psychic so transporting our party's two resident ground walkers is a fair bit easier for all of us.

I'm seeing her sticking around mister tall, dark and fluffy though. His typing is likely to be fairly attractive to her (fighting type which makes her feel smug while dark type gives her a chill up her spine since he could very easily overpower her). Nothing stokes the fires of passion more at times than a little sense of danger. ;)

I do hope when you say get psychic you mean a psychic and not trying to transport the group via the psychic move's push effect. :D

Completely against advice here probably going to work to getting Hobbyist, Telekinetic, Warper, Martial Artist/tumbler classes.

ex?-ganger, klepto, Mum type.
So the "boss" is trying to make his own thief team huh? :)

O.o  Oh! Really should have asked this a while back. I know Abra lore has them sleep tons but that's kinda... bad for interaction. Is it alright to have them really drowsy and wanting to catnap but not actually needing the whole 18+ hours of sleep?

Offline Drowdeviant

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »
I do hope when you say get psychic you mean a psychic and not trying to transport the group via the psychic move's push effect. :D

Completely against advice here probably going to work to getting Hobbyist, Telekinetic, Warper, Martial Artist/tumbler classes.

ex?-ganger, klepto, Mum type.
So the "boss" is trying to make his own thief team huh? :)

O.o  Oh! Really should have asked this a while back. I know Abra lore has them sleep tons but that's kinda... bad for interaction. Is it alright to have them really drowsy and wanting to catnap but not actually needing the whole 18+ hours of sleep?
To my knowledge psychic gives you the TK capacity, meaning you can lift shit with telekinesis! We will be all peter pan up in this bitch if I have anything to say about it! >:3

I'm going hobbyist, telekinetic, researcher and likely leaving the last one blank until we get into things so I can see if there is any weaknesses I can help remedy (otherwise I might go non ghost elementalist if it's allowed)

My gal is a magpie...she likes nice and shiny things. ;)

Works for me. I could see my mismagius letting them use her boobs as a soft pillow if they need to take a little snooze...I imagine them being quite adorable and sweet in that case. Our little sleepy psychic boxer and his loving ghost witch sniper girlfriend. Sounds near diabetes inducing. >:)

...Wait I just had an idea, your abra can be our master/mistress of the drunken fist! Punching fools out while wanting so desperately for it to be nap time. :3
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:16:11 PM by Drowdeviant »

Offline LSWSjrTopic starter

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »
LSWSjr, are the Elementalist classes allowed to us? Or are we blocked off from those as well due to our PokeMutant nature?
You're allowed the Elementalist class :)

Oh, and question. Are we using the base 1.05 stuff, or 1.05 and the later playtests? Since they changed the medic stuff a bit, and Team Mom/ MILF/healer is what I'll be going for.
Can you link me the threads for them and I'll get back to you.

Your Pokemon side can have as much or as little influence on your behaviour as you desire, so you can skip out on this part of the lore.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSkr

Offline That One Dingus

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »
How will you want us to handle character sheets? I assume that we are starting out at level 1.

Offline JoanieSappho

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 10:54:31 PM »
The main one was the September 2015 playtest, whose thread is here.
Mainly so I know what's going on with Medic.

Also also, Milftank's boobs are much nicer than ghost boobs! (I cab totally ee her getting a bit jealous and trying to get Abra onto her chest. Leading to the poor thing being trapped in marshmallow hell between her and the Mismagius.)  :P

Offline That One Dingus

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 11:03:51 PM »
You might also want to look at the February 2016 Playtest packet, which is here. Notable changes include tweaking of Status effects and altering of Abilities.

Of course Milftank's boobs are great! Miss Magius is just a little sensitive about her appearance (she's worried that it's a bit gaunt) and needs some reassurance. Not like our resident boombastic bovine.

Offline Drowdeviant

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »
Of course Milftank's boobs are great! Miss Magius is just a little sensitive about her appearance (she's worried that it's a bit gaunt) and needs some reassurance. Not like our resident boombastic bovine.

Lies! Lies and slander! xD

She likes how she looks. If someone doesn't like her not being as curvy as the Miltank that's their problem...also she might be hexing them at out jealousy as well as from feeling lonely and unloved. >:)

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2016, 07:08:07 PM »
Just noticed this had gone up again. If you're still recruiting I'd love to join. I think I still have my old sheet. I'll just update it depending on which version were using and whatever the character creation rules are.

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
My
dad's
just come out of surgery to remove the cancer on his kidney, so I'll be gone for a few more days, but as compensation please enjoy this new LeHane artwork :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline That One Dingus

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »
I hope everything goes okay.

Offline Hexed

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »
Very nice pic!

Even nicer to hear your dad's out of Surgery LSWsjr. Here's to a good recovery for him.

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2016, 10:12:54 PM »
Was unsure whether or not to say anything since I haven't been accepted yet but take your time. I hope the recovery goes well.

Offline thaumaturgeterashi

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2016, 03:35:40 AM »
Is this still open for players? Because I can definitely think of a Psychic-type I wouldn't mind playing with.  In more ways than one. ;)

Ex-trainer.

Wow, had a hard time finding something that looked at least somewhat human (other than just reproductive organs).  I can look for something that looks more mutaint later if asked, but it's late and I need sleep, so I'll drop this here for now.

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 01:48:01 AM »
Tentatively back on board, belated Happy Holidays to all :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2016, 01:59:43 AM »
Is this still open for players? Because I can definitely think of a Psychic-type I wouldn't mind playing with.  In more ways than one. ;)
Definitely happy to have you onboard.

Okay folks, (re)post your characters below and we should have this game running by the New Year :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »
Does this mean I'm accepted once again as well?

Edit: Second question. Will the characters be fighting alongside Pokemon at all or will it just be the party characters? I was thinking of having Hunter as one of the trainer classes for the character I had in mind but if they won't be fighting alongside Pokemon I'll simply use Dancer to replace that class for the character.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:32:58 AM by Avalon29 »

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2016, 04:50:22 AM »
Does this mean I'm accepted once again as well?
We technically, everyone who submits a character is accepted, provided it follows the rules outlined in the OP.

Edit: Second question. Will the characters be fighting alongside Pokemon at all or will it just be the party characters? I was thinking of having Hunter as one of the trainer classes for the character I had in mind but if they won't be fighting alongside Pokemon I'll simply use Dancer to replace that class for the character.
Yes, you'll be working alongside and against Pokémon, so Hunter's a perfectly valid choice :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2016, 12:06:19 PM »
We technically, everyone who submits a character is accepted, provided it follows the rules outlined in the OP.

Yes, you'll be working alongside and against Pokémon, so Hunter's a perfectly valid choice :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Great!

I still have my character mostly planned out from last time. Hmm, but I need some opinions on something. I'm currently debating between Channeler/Tumbler/Survivalist/Hunter which I think fits a bit more with the character's background and would be more of a speedy skirmisher with a bit of support or Channeler/Tumbler/Survivalist/Dancer, which still fits well with the character's background but would develop into a nice mixture of skirmisher and front line support. What do you all think would fit better with the group?

Offline Hexed

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2016, 05:06:30 PM »
Happy Holidays! hope things went well for you LSWSjr.

How much do you want of the characters? Start of sheets or just a good concept?

If it's just concept. :D

Female (Rolled dice. If need males can switch.) abra morph, possibly Banette as I found an adorable pic.   Telekinesis and Warp classes for certain. Very high chance of going Hobbyist for the wide spread of stuff you can get through them. Depending on rest of the group I've been looking at one of the melee combat classes.

Martial-artist wanna be trainer who's first pokemon was a psychic type of all things. While traveling they attempted to keep up with their martial arts, mostly mimicking movie clips and using books as well as attempting to learn as much as possible about various occult things to keep up with their pokemon.

That does lead to another question. If they're ex-trainers what happened to their old teams?

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
How much do you want of the characters? Start of sheets or just a good concept?
Concepts are good till we move over to a proper OOC thread :)

That does lead to another question. If they're ex-trainers what happened to their old teams?
That's for the player to determine, not everyone might've been a trainer; either way you'll start with a wild Pokémon companion of your choice, although there will be limits on how powerful they can be.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2016, 08:03:51 PM »
In that case as far as concept goes

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Female Leafeon who is a channeler, tumbler, hunter or dancer still debating between them, and survivalist although I'll be holding off on taking it so I can see what kind of terrain we'll be dealing with.

As for the pokemon companion could you give some examples of what you would prefer? Around what level should they be? The usual starting level 5 or something else?

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2016, 10:28:25 PM »
As for the pokemon companion could you give some examples of what you would prefer? Around what level should they be? The usual starting level 5 or something else?

Basically any combination of one to three non-Legendary Pokémon who's base stat totals of their final evolution (ignoring Mega Evolutions), combine to 750 or less from this list:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_fully_evolved_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_stats

These Pokémon then share five levels between them.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:07:50 PM by LSWSjr »

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2016, 10:51:27 PM »
Increased the combined base stat total to 750 and I'm making some example teams for the OP :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2016, 11:16:41 PM »
Great, those examples help.

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2016, 11:37:08 PM »
You could also take a school of four Wishiwashi :D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr