Marvel Comicverse (System or Freeform smutty campaign)

Started by Nanachan, November 29, 2016, 02:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanachan

Hello. After rereading a few old marvel comics I have a craving to do a solo rp campaign set in the old marvel comicverse (before everything got so confusing). I'm looking for someone to play an OC hero (or heroine) who will explore the marvel world and bang canon character after canon character. Here are a few timelines I am interested in gming for using either fate or pathfinder. It will be a rather freeroam game with tons of character building as well as action.

Civil War Era
You play either a pro-registration hero or a cape-killer hunting down captain america's crew. You'll work side by side with hero and heroines who took your side.

Initiative Era (Post Civil War)
You play a metahuman escaping america because you refuse to be part of the initiative. Your journey takes you to Europe and Asia where you work as a mercenary.

Dark Reign
You play as a metahuman serving H.A.M.M.E.R, doing shady operations for Norman Osborn.

Age of Ultron Future
You play a surviving metahuman trying to survive in the new ultron-ruled world.

Gods of New York (Original Setting)
This story happens before civil war, in this setting New York has fallen to hero worship and metahumans are extremely popular. They are painted as perfect beings, but in this story, we'll be looking at their flawed, human side. You play as a relatively unknown metahuman, trying to make your mark in the world, encountering many street level heroes and eventually the avengers themselves. As you grow, you too become famous and worshipped, will your character let it go to their head?

If you're interested, send me a profile containing the following:
-Your character's concept and superpowers (He should be middle of the line, nothing cosmic)
-Which timeline do you want to play as
-What game systems do you prefer? (Fate/Pathfinder/Freeform)
-What timezone are you in
-If you can go on a weeklong sexcation with one marvel character, who would you take, where would you go, and what would you do

Katra Alexion

Color me seriously intrigued. Is there anything against an OC's history intersecting a cannon character's, or to a point either replacing some of it or simply adding bits of unknown history? Because I have several ideas that might be worth investigating.  ;D :-* >:)

wander

Keeping my eye on this... FATE Core / Accelerated would make me very happy.  :-)

I'll mention for the last question I know my answer would be Laura Kinney, aka X-23. And all the butt stuff with her, all of it...  ;D

Katra Alexion

For me, it would be a toss up between two heroes. The first is the Winter Soldier; whether the dominant side is that of the good ole Sgt. James Barnes or the other side of the Winter Soldier equation, that deliciously wicked Hydra Russian persona, Yasha. *drools*

My second choice would be the good Captain himself *grins*

iridum248

I'm very, very interested in playing an OC heroine with just a touch of powers! To my mind, the Dark Reign era looks like the most interesting era - After all, there was a lot of shady stuff going on with H.A.M.M.E.R, and the Dark Avengers themselves were hilariously dysfunctional.

Off the top of my head, there was a few ideas that would work for an OC heroine:

1.) A deliberate knockoff created by Norman Osborne, who is visually and thematically similar to an existing hero despite not actually being that character. (i.e. American Son, the Dark Avengers.)
2.) A more 'special operative' - and inherently darker - kind of superheroine, like the Yelena Bolova Black Widow.
3.) The new inheritor of an obscure power source.

Very, very interested in the concept. It seems to lend itself more towards the 'low-level superhuman' (i.e. enhancement surgeries, super-soldier serum knockoff) or 'magic item inheritor' (i.e. White Tiger amulet, Coat of Arms) superhuman, too!

Katra Alexion

The Civil War and Initiative Era hold considerable interest for me. I tend to largely prefer free-form games for their flexibility, but if given some time and patient I could learn to use a Pathfinder system. Lord knows my guy has the core and player handbooks *lol*

A quick question, you are sticking to the comicverise, yes? would I be possible to transplant a character from the MCU ... say like Darcy Lewis and plop her down if that is the character I wanted to play?

wander

I'd probably play my usual space manipulator Inhuman OC for this game. I'm honestly most partial to the pre-Civil War New Avengers days, Civil War if done correctly could be a great plot to do in the story once the team is comfortable with one another. However, I may be biased as I own Marvel Heroic Roleplaying and that rp system had Civil War as it's pregen adventure campaign and was constructed amazingly well.

Nanachan

Whoa, I didn't keep an eye on this because people kept contacting me on discord. Will send you guys pms soon