Seeking Mage: the Ascension (M20 version) game

Started by Blythe, March 18, 2016, 04:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

MtA was one of the cWoD games that I never got to extensively play, never much got to play at all. I've always really wanted to, though.

Anyways, I bought the M20 book and was really intrigued by it, liking what I read. While I have a little bit of familiarity, it's easier to assume I'm a newb to MtA in general. I'm looking for a "newbie friendly" group with a patient GM who'd be willing to walk me through learning the system and the general spirit of the game. I'm familiar with ST systems of several cWoD lines, which should help, but I know MtA and M20 in particular is a different beast.

Specifically, I want to use the 20th anniversary book, because it's the one I recently bought--maybe not the best decision on my part, but that's the one I want.

- Medium length (1-3 paragraphs) posts, possibly with posts 2-3 times a week. I can write larger posts, but that takes a bit longer.
- GM willing to teach and be patient
- Crossgender writers would need to be welcome in the game (Lords writing female characters, Ladies writing male characters, Lieges writing whatever)
- I prefer a low smut game, but I'm okay if the game is more smut-heavy. I can play a variety of roles.
- I am not strongly familiar with MtA's metaplot and would need walked through this for a game that is contingent on metaplot.

I've been reading the book and would either love to play something Technocracy-focused, although it's not a dealbreaker if it isn't. I also really like the Virtual Adepts and the Dreamspeakers if the game is more oriented towards the Traditions.

For a Technocracy game, I'd sort of want to explore how they maybe aren't necessarily "evil/bad." Or maybe exploring/eradicating Nephandic corruption in the Technocracy's Inner Circle, to try to return it to its glory?

For a Traditions game, I'd love to see some inter-Tradition conflict. Alas, I'm not savvy enough on Disparates to play a game oriented on them.

Edit!

Feel free to post here if you'd also want to play in something like this, or if you'd be willing to GM.  :-)

You can also feel free to contact me via PM if you are running an existing group that you'd be willing to integrate me into.  ^^

Edit 2: I may have found a game, so I'll lock this up! I'll re-open it if I'm ever looking again! Thanks to those who read my thread! :-) See post below!

Blythe

Alas, didn't quite manage to nab an M20 game, so have re-opened this

Made a change here--changed my posting length/speed. Added a note about what sort of Technocracy/what sort of Traditions game, added note about not feeling well-versed enough with Disparates to play them.

Really wanting an M20 game, am willing to jump through some hoops for a GM that'd teach me the ropes.

This is one image I was thinking of for a Virtual Adept I'd like to play. ^^

Pumpkin Seeds

Blythe

wander

Also throwing my interest in here, I have an Etherite reality hacking character ready to go, though of course if the game goes towards the Technocracy I can create a more fitting character for that. :)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TFcommando

I too have an Etherite concept or two, a pulp-inspired adventurer or an Ethernaut space adventure.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Blythe

I've found a GM, it looks like, so I'm closing this thread for now. Should I ever begin looking again, I'll re-open the thread. ^^