Int. Check: Fairy Tale Superheroes - Avengers Grimm (Need males!)

Started by Mathim, October 28, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Hello, all! I was going to wait a little longer for some of the other superhero group stuff to die down a bit but I don't think that's going to happen, so here goes! If you're here looking for fairy tale characters who become superheroes and supervillains, you're in the right place! Here is the movie the idea is based on:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So if that awesome cover reels you in, here is the factual information:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4296026/?ref_=nv_sr_4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Grimm

But for a more detailed description from someone who's seen in a few times, the gist is this:
The various fairy tale princesses they chose to use have been leading a war against Rumplestiltskin and his dark forces. Those evil masses have used Snow White's Magic Mirror to transport themselves to a world without magic where their victory will come without a long struggle against powerful good witches and warriors.

The twist is, instead of some or all of the characters we know and love being their usual timid or at least non-aggressive selves, they're all given a serious upgrade to empower them in some way, and this will be a reality in which most of them are already battle-hardened by struggles over their various kingdoms and homelands so they're not afraid of these abilities they have developed. Basically, the kid gloves fell off a long time ago, and anyone (like Elsa from Frozen, for example) who might have once feared their own power, are over it and have embraced and mastered these gifts.

Their abilities also tend to reflect what happens in their stories, or their names and things like that. Let me give you some examples from the movie so you have a better idea of what we're looking for here (and of course some variation is permitted for those who don't like to feel confined, such as if you wish to play one of the characters mentioned below):
-Snow White, as her name implies, has similar ice-generating abilities as the X-Men character Iceman
-Cinderella has apparently inherited some of her fairy godmother's talents of transfiguration/transmogrification
-Sleeping Beauty can generate magical clouds of sleeping dust to knock out targets

So just imagine a team of fairy tale-inspired warriors, wielding never-before-utilized abilities and skills, and chasing an alliance of monstrous or generally evil foes into a world like our own, that is completely unprepared for them. So there's room for both fairy tale characters and real-world ones to play a role in the story. This is somewhat reminiscent of ABC's Once Upon a Time, except that more people will have magic or other abilities, and nobody's lost their memory traveling to another world.

Sound fun? I hope so! I thought this might have actually made a better TV show (miniseries, maybe 8-12 episodes or so) since they could have added more characters. Anyway, if anyone is interested and/or wants to claim a character, please feel free to do so, and ask any questions you may have as well. I'll be happy to allow doubling up on characters provided we don't have a ton of people interested, but I can't see the future so we'll have to see what ends up happening. I would encourage, though, that if you want to play a character from the normal world, you would also play one of the characters from the magical realm as well. Aside from people in the real world, I would like to discourage any 'original characters' coming from the fairy tale dimension if possible, so please either base your character off a mythological figure. All of the real-world characters can be original, though!

I think if this happened in the late 1980's or 1990's, that might make it more interesting than today where crime-solving and tracking and communications technology are way more advanced, which would keep the actual players more active so they wouldn't be able to rely on technology as much as we do today. But I am open to discussion and suggestions from players for the exact era the other-realm folks are jumping into. Also, where in the world this takes place is open to discussion as well. The States, Europe, some made-up place on any of the major continents, as long as we agree that everyone is capable of understanding everything everyone else says with no conflict. Unless the plot demands for it, I suppose.

We can transition to OOC discussion once a profile has been submitted, and find all that in our OOC Thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239351.msg11799587#new

So have at it! Let us know if you're interested, have questions or suggestions, and if you want to submit a character sheet, I'll put a format for one below in spoilers, and you can either post it here or PM it to me, I don't care which:

Character Name: Include nickname if applicable; for example, 'Ella' as short for Cinderella if the player prefers it. Also there's no need for secret identities or 'other personas' like in Once Upon a Time since this is more of an urban guerilla warfare type situation that doesn't require hiding in plain sight or losing one's memory and having fake ones implanted.

: I think we're looking for 20's to early 30's I should expect, for most protagonists; villains, given their usually being older, are more flexible (but nobody says you have to LOOK your age!)

Role: This one is multifaceted so be sure to address everything below.
*Are you hero, villain, or possibly more neutral, or perhaps undecided and are working both sides without having pledged complete loyalty? Not everyone who is good or evil in the fairy tales has to stay that way, so feel free to be creative unless your goodness/evil is integral to the story as it is.
*Are you a soldier, royalty, miscellaneous commoner, notorious mage, any combination of the aforementioned, or are you one of the people from the 'real' world caught up in this madness? Male, female, other, non-human, partially human? Give as all the details, please! If your character is from the real world, what was their most recent occupation, and if they're something else now, what is it? Also, what makes them worthy of serving the dark ones if they sided with them, or what makes them good enough to fight the good fight if they're in the resistance?

Appearance: Since I know there's tons of it out there, pictures or artwork preferred, but feel free to add descriptions for clarity and such. If the pictures are really big, either use that size alteration code (I forget how it works myself) or just put it in spoiler tags so we can open and close it at our leisure. Please label if it's NSFW. Also include multiple images if your preferred face/body model doesn't match one that has the costume you wish them to be wearing. Also if your character has multiple forms they can take, like a werewolf transformation or something, try to include all relevant appearances. If you can't make extra-large images smaller, just wrap them in spoiler tags.

Ability(ies): Describe them however you want and we'll decide if they're too overpowered or how to make them as game-friendly as possible (the more detail, the better; like if it has pictures to go with it). Include non-magical skills (lockpicking, disguise, etc.) and any specific weapons that are their specialty (remember, for the other-realm folks, nothing too contemporary; anything more advanced than a simple crossbow is probably too far beyond their realm's time, meaning learning how to use a gun effectively in the new world will probably be very problematic, so that would be best left to real-worlders, as well as computer savvy and driving expertise). Also be sure to include any weaknesses they might have in trade-off for their abilities, like being weaker during day or night, or whatever the case may be. Real-worlders who have made a deal with the evil side may become empowered, so if you develop an extraordinary ability, please make it reasonable to fit the story (and also your weakness will be that if you double-cross your master, you'll be paying for it dearly!)

History and Backstory: Feel free to embellish as much as you like since this is massively AU (but try to be somewhat reasonable about keeping some of the original lore in there when possible), and leave room to fit in the recent conflict (say, for the past 5 years or so of major strife between good and evil) into their most current past unless you prefer to have it be a part of their life from even before then (like if you want to have lost your parents as a child and grown up with a rage boner against the bad guys even before they started their attempt at conquest). Real-worlders have a few more options, and can be caught up in the invasion of the evil overlords into their city/state/country and be either traitors and join the bastards or spend their time in the underground resistance fighting openly or covertly, or they can be newcomers into the place with no idea what's going on and stumbling into it with no set decision how to react. I'd say the bad guys have gotten at least a few months' head start against the good guys so from day one, the real-worlders will have that long to experience the various choices this situation would put in front of them.

Sexual Stuff: This includes whether or not you even want their to be relations between your character and others, what are complete no-no's for you, stuff you really, really WANT to have happen if we can make it so, your preferred orientation and what else you might be open to, and anything else you might believe is relevant. Like a wish list for a specific combination of characters to make a yummy threesome or something.

Story-Related Suggestions: If you would like to pre-establish a close history between your character and a villain or other hero, or to form an instant connection to one of the real-worlders once your character arrives there, this is where you would openly suggest it. Then if someone chooses to play one or more of said characters you can know ahead of time if someone is open to that and then discuss it in the relevant OOC thread or over PM, whichever you prefer. Or if you want to have something like, your character has amnesia as a result of their trip to the real world going bad, or if they're pregnant or something, or they have a grave wound and need help right away before they lose a limb or bleed to death, or whatever else you think might add some drama.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Kokaine

This sounds interesting. I'd be up for playing Ursula or the Queen of Hearts if that's possible and maybe a Princess too if that's an option.

WIP

Character Name: Ursula / Vanessa

Role: Ursula is a villainous Sea Witch though it may seem to some that she is more neutral and it is certainly possible that it could be the case... She most definitely will use her powers for either side--provided that it ultimately serves her own purpose and desires of course. Then again, no matter how it may seem for a time, deals with her tend to all turn out one way.
She is a sea creature but her own abilities have circumvented the need to remain in water and give her a fully human appearance (Vanessa)...mostly.

Appearance: On land as Vanessa, Ursula is a far less physically imposing creature. She stands 5'9" with long legs and a curvy figure.

Ability(ies): Describe them however you want and we'll decide if they're too overpowered or how to make them as game-friendly as possible (the more detail, the better; like if it has pictures to go with it). Include non-magical skills (lockpicking, disguise, etc.) and any specific weapons that are their specialty (remember, for the other-realm folks, nothing too contemporary; anything more advanced than a simple crossbow is probably too far beyond their realm's time, meaning learning how to use a gun effectively in the new world will probably be very problematic, so that would be best left to real-worlders, as well as computer savvy and driving expertise). Also be sure to include any weaknesses they might have in trade-off for their abilities, like being weaker during day or night, or whatever the case may be. Real-worlders who have made a deal with the evil side may become empowered, so if you develop an extraordinary ability, please make it reasonable to fit the story (and also your weakness will be that if you double-cross your master, you'll be paying for it dearly!)

History and Backstory: Feel free to embellish as much as you like since this is massively AU (but try to be somewhat reasonable about keeping some of the original lore in there when possible), and leave room to fit in the recent conflict (say, for the past 5 years or so of major strife between good and evil) into their most current past unless you prefer to have it be a part of their life from even before then (like if you want to have lost your parents as a child and grown up with a rage boner against the bad guys even before they started their attempt at conquest). Real-worlders have a few more options, and can be caught up in the invasion of the evil overlords into their city/state/country and be either traitors and join the bastards or spend their time in the underground resistance fighting openly or covertly, or they can be newcomers into the place with no idea what's going on and stumbling into it with no set decision how to react. I'd say the bad guys have gotten at least a few months' head start against the good guys so from day one, the real-worlders will have that long to experience the various choices this situation would put in front of them.

Sexual Stuff: This includes whether or not you even want their to be relations between your character and others, what are complete no-no's for you, stuff you really, really WANT to have happen if we can make it so, your preferred orientation and what else you might be open to, and anything else you might believe is relevant. Like a wish list for a specific combination of characters to make a yummy threesome or something.

Story-Related Suggestions: If you would like to pre-establish a close history between your character and a villain or other hero, or to form an instant connection to one of the real-worlders once your character arrives there, this is where you would openly suggest it. Then if someone chooses to play one or more of said characters you can know ahead of time if someone is open to that and then discuss it in the relevant OOC thread or over PM, whichever you prefer. Or if you want to have something like, your character has amnesia as a result of their trip to the real world going bad, or if they're pregnant or something, or they have a grave wound and need help right away before they lose a limb or bleed to death, or whatever else you think might add some drama.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Mathim

Quote from: Kokaine on October 28, 2015, 07:37:52 PM
This sounds interesting. I'd be up for playing Ursula or the Queen of Hearts if that's possible and maybe a Princess too if that's an option.

Ursula and a princess would be very welcome, though I would say it's a bit dicey to include Alice in Wonderland lore, since that has so many characters and possibilities in and of itself, it could be its own roleplay of this style without dipping into any other books or tales. I probably ought to have mentioned that before, and I think it's also a tad more contemporary than some other stuff (though I could be wrong).

But there's very little else I wouldn't consider fair game so don't be afraid to suggest other things too. I should also say, we can allow for things like Hercules and other demigods if you wish, but to avoid becoming ridiculously overpowered, shall we assume that the actual gods, whether Greek, Egyptian, Norse, etc., are too far above the mortal realms to be concerned with anything their offspring or other mortals are up to?

What we do need for sure to join for us to get started is Snow White and Rumplestiltskin, or any other appropriate villain leader to look to exploit the Magic Mirror. If nobody wants Rumple, I've got a great backstory cooked up for him and his abilities that make him suited for being top dog.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Kadigan

Well, if she's still welcome I'd like to throw in Elsa again.

Mathim

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on October 29, 2015, 08:05:41 PM
Well, if she's still welcome I'd like to throw in Elsa again.

Well, if you still have that profile to submit, you're the first one to choose her, so lay claim to it. Actually I think if you dig up the previous interest check thread, it's still in there. Or the OOC thread of the game that never got started last time. Of course you can submit a brand new one if you like, or tweak the old one if you want to make any changes. Totally up to you. Also, good to have you back, I'm glad at least one returning interested party is still around.

Senti

Interested, just asking if characters can be from slightly more obscure fairy tales or folk tales/songs?

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on October 30, 2015, 04:47:14 AM
Interested, just asking if characters can be from slightly more obscure fairy tales or folk tales/songs?

Pretty sure there's a good chance, just point us to where we can find more info on them so they're not completely out of left field, but who exactly did you have in mind? Now you got me all curious.  ;D

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Mathim

Quote from: Crash on October 30, 2015, 09:14:20 AM
I'll keep an eye on this.

Gah, our first dude (besides me)! Praise be! So few seem interested, it's really a shame. Seems like this would be really appealing to everybody. Last time it was mostly females who were interested. Hopefully that was just a fluke and we get a good balance this time.

Mathim

Quote from: HopeFox on November 01, 2015, 06:17:23 AM
This looks really interesting! I've been quite fond of Cinderella lately, ever since the recent movie with Lily James, so I'd like to give her a shot, I think.

Sure thing, nobody else has claimed her yet. You can either use the ability the movie gave her or make one up that fits with her character/story so she can be a formidable member of the heroes' army, and feel free to tweak her backstory to suit the way you would prefer her personality and everything to turn out.

Mathim

Quote from: HopeFox on November 02, 2015, 05:58:59 AM
Well, I like your idea that she has inherited some of her Fairy Godmother's abilities, to transform objects and animals temporarily. That has some very obvious battlefield applications, for equipping people with the tools they need to win a fight. Of course she'll have a soft spot for abused children and people in toxic relationships. (Because most fairy tales are about either child abuse or treason.)

As to her backstory... unless someone actually wants to play her husband, I might say that she got married, became Queen, but then her husband was killed by the Villains. That gives her motivation to fight against them (as well as actually protecting people), and also conveniently leaves her available for romantic and sexual endeavours. :)

Well since there's a bunch of "Prince Charming" characters with no real names and very little details other than that they end up with the various princess characters, I don't think any of them will actually be played unless someone really wants to. But I meant, if you wanted her to have some kind of revenge on her wicked stepfamily for being so cruel to her, or something like that, tying up loose ends, or possibly with one or more of them becoming villains and joining Rumplestiltskin's army so Cinderella has even more motivation to fight even if her husband isn't dead (or if she just never married him after all, or if it didn't work out and they split). There's lots of possibilities, and you can make her darker or lighter depending on the type of personality you prefer. Just because someone is on the side of good, doesn't mean they have to be squeaky clean, you know?  >:)

Senti

Quote from: Mathim on October 30, 2015, 07:54:57 AM
Pretty sure there's a good chance, just point us to where we can find more info on them so they're not completely out of left field, but who exactly did you have in mind? Now you got me all curious.  ;D

I rather like the lady/raven in the song Crazy man Michael, though he does kill her. But such is the way in folk tales/ songs. Well until disney gets hold of them.

The whole shapeshifting and curse very interesting.

I will however avoid those Inuit tales with grandmothers marrying their granddaughters.

Rave

Put me down as more or less interested in this too.

I'm juggling two ideas-- between King Triton and the Big Bad Wolf, but I havent decided yet. Both have potential to be really interesting, so, I'll have to see!

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 03, 2015, 04:46:46 AM
I rather like the lady/raven in the song Crazy man Michael, though he does kill her. But such is the way in folk tales/ songs. Well until disney gets hold of them.

The whole shapeshifting and curse very interesting.

I will however avoid those Inuit tales with grandmothers marrying their granddaughters.

So I take it we can look it up on Wikipedia? As long as players have some reference to the lore so they can be somewhat familiarized with it, that's fine. And remember, this is YOUR take on the character, so you can tweak the backstory to your liking, so if something somewhat objectionable happens to the character, you can change them (unless it's their defining thing...it's harder to judge with lesser-known characters) to better fit the character for this story.

*Edit* Actually, I tried to find it on Wiki and couldn't. Could you link us to some background on this old tale?

Quote from: Rave on November 03, 2015, 05:41:53 AM
Put me down as more or less interested in this too.

I'm juggling two ideas-- between King Triton and the Big Bad Wolf, but I havent decided yet. Both have potential to be really interesting, so, I'll have to see!

Well Triton seemed to have no trouble giving and taking legs with mermaids so he won't have any problem staying on dry land, I assume, since most of the story will not be taking place in or very frequently near large bodies of water. That trident is pretty powerful, though, so perhaps him not being directly in the water can limit how destructive it is so as to make him slightly less god-like? Since he's basically Poseidon, without actually being called that.

The Big Bad Wolf is great, definitely a badass villain character with connections to many different others, like the 3 Little Pigs, Red Riding Hood, the boy who cried wolf, etc.

Senti

Hope this helps, it is a very haunting song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKZ7ZhUtxQ

Mathim

I found it a tad hard to hear the lyrics clearly over the music so here's a transcript from google:

Within the fire and out upon the sea
Crazy Man Michael was walking
He met with a raven with eyes black as coals
And shortly they were a-talking

Your future, your future, I would tell to you
Your future, you often have asked me
Your true love will die by your own right hand
And Crazy Man Michael will cursed be

Michael he ranted and Michael he raved
And beat at the four winds with his fists, oh
He laughed and he cried, he shouted and he swore
For his mad mind had trapped him with a kiss, oh

You speak with an evil, you speak with a hate
You speak for the devil that haunts me
For is she not the fairest in all the broad land?
Your sorcerer's words are to taunt me

He took out his dagger of fire and of steel
And struck down the raven through the heart, oh
The bird fluttered long and the sky it did spin
And the cold earth did wonder and start, oh

Oh, where is the raven that I struck down dead
That here did lie on the ground, oh?
I see but my true love with a wound so red
Where her lover's heart it did pound, oh

Crazy Man Michael, he wanders and walks
And talks to the night and the day, oh
But his eyes they are sane and his speech it is clear
And he longs to be far away, oh

Michael, he whistles the simplest of tunes
And asks of the wild woods their pardon
For his true love is flown into every flower grown
And he must be keeper of the garden

Pretty tragic, but so many potential abilities you could derive from the story, to turn them upon others instead of himself. Creating illusions, perhaps, or limited precognition, or conjuring a raven for a familiar or even becoming a hybrid beast with one.

Senti

I was thinking about  playing the raven herself I have a few idea's on that. I very rarely play men, I mostly feel I can do them justice.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 05, 2015, 10:29:36 AM
I was thinking about  playing the raven herself I have a few idea's on that. I very rarely play men, I mostly feel I can do them justice.

Well it's hard to imagine an animal playing a big role, I was thinking most everyone would be human or humanoid versions of each thing, in some cases being able to shift between forms in either werewolf style (bodily enhancement for combat) or being able to actually become an animal of the correct size and whatnot (for camouflage/espionage work). If anything like that is what you had in mind, perfect, otherwise I think it would be difficult to have meaningful interactions with most of the characters if your character was stuck in the body of a raven.

Senti

Well she is a woman/sorceress that can shape shift and has some precog, perhaps to do with things like death.

I am not sure whether you are familiar with the World of darkness corax? ie like werewolves but ravens?

There is also all the Morrigan  type legends, the women on the battlefields that had the ravens in tow to pluck the eyes of the dead and other such delightful things. Yum. nice and salty.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 05, 2015, 12:22:02 PM
Well she is a woman/sorceress that can shape shift and has some precog, perhaps to do with things like death.

I am not sure whether you are familiar with the World of darkness corax? ie like werewolves but ravens?

There is also all the Morrigan  type legends, the women on the battlefields that had the ravens in tow to pluck the eyes of the dead and other such delightful things. Yum. nice and salty.

Well it's not difficult to simply take an animal and put 'were' in front of it to imagine a humanoid transformation, so no worries. That word does sound familiar, though, even if I'm not familiar with World of Darkness at all.

Would this be a villain character, then, given the dark nature? Seems more appropriate, but I don't want to assume if that's not what you were going for.

Also, our former Snow White is interested in returning, so that role is claimed if anyone was hoping to snag that one. If nobody wants Rumplestiltskin or the evil lead character, I'll put up my profile for it soon.

So, anyone interested should start submitting profiles now that we have at least half a dozen people interested. Also you may feel free to double up and either play multiple good/evil character or one of each.

Senti

I would say, like death she is more sort of neutral.

Love and death are usually rather messy, and in her view nothing is cut and dry. She just says it as she see's it. Though sometimes take a little pleasure in being deliberately cryptic. :)

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 05, 2015, 01:39:33 PM
I would say, like death she is more sort of neutral.

Love and death are usually rather messy, and in her view nothing is cut and dry. She just says it as she see's it. Though sometimes take a little pleasure in being deliberately cryptic. :)

Neutral may work, though they would have to antagonize somebody to be involved in the conflict in some way, otherwise there's little point in them traveling to the real world, so hopefully they'll lean a little further one way than another. Or maybe if they just want to act as an observer and not actually participate, merely being a witness or recording it. But getting one's hands dirty is where the fun is at, so they'll likely join one side or the other eventually if not from the beginning.

It's time for anyone who wants to commit to submit a profile, either in this thread or via PM, so I'll get the ball rolling. Here's my take on Rumplestiltskin for this story:

Character Name: Rumplestiltskin, answers to 'Skinner' for one of his signature methods of killing victims, only calls himself by his true name when introducing himself.

Role: Archvillain, leader of combined evil forces, expert mage with minor melee skill

Appearance: Casper Van Dien, as in the Avengers Grimm film:

Ability(ies): As a former Djinn, Rumplestiltskin can scratch the surface of his former limitless power without the restriction of having to use it only in service to those possessing the magic lamp and making wishes. However, to gain access to any of this power, he is forced to rely upon making a deal with one or more interested parties. Once empowered by the deal, his magic reserves replenish and he can make just about any request happen, though that does take away from his magic stores, so numerous deals must be made, and which require only simple solutions, in order for him to reach full power. But he possesses just about every type of magic in the book: Transformation, conjuration, and the like. But only until he runs out of power and must seek out new fountains of temptation.

But his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness: If Rumplestiltskin should ever fail to uphold his own end of a deal, his life is forfeit. So at times, he can be as desperate as someone who approaches him looking for a magical favor.

History and Backstory: In the desert lands, the Djinn were a magical race that were long ago subjugated and sealed into enchanted objects, emerging only at the behest of mortals and forced to grant them their heart's desire. Not all Djinn were content to observe the world from this vantage point, and one in particular despised this very idea with every fiber of his being. It was for this reason that he would grant wishes in the worst, most warped ways imaginable, twisting every word to the limits of their definitions to make anyone who wanted a wish granted...well, to wish they were never born. And he was very good at it. Masters of his perished so often, the lamp in which he resided was passed around quite frequently, and he always ensured that no stories of his previous masters' dismal fates ever got out. But oh, to find a master that would be so frightened of him that he could persuade them to release him from his captivity once and for all. But not until after they'd made a wish, so they would not be afraid to start the game, and thus be too late to stop themselves from playing the game.

Finally one such unlucky soul bartered for mercy with Rumplestiltskin and was allowed to walk away unscathed by the effects of their first two disastrous wishes, and Rumplestiltskin watched his former prison crumble into rusted ash in his hands. He was now free.

But freedom had its drawbacks. His immortality was no longer guaranteed. He could no longer control the forces of nature to anywhere near the degree he once could. His ability to grant wishes was still somewhat intact, but it now involved an exchange instead of a one-way street. He could of course still twist and pervert any request that came through, but given that he was now reliant on people to make deals with him in order to keep enough magic up his sleeve to preserve his immortality and ability to wield power, it was unwise to jeopardize the opportunity for repeat business.

It was then that the concept of 'loyalty' first became introduced to him. Those that could be counted on to repeatedly swear allegiance to him, in exchange for almost nothing, were like a never-ending wellspring of magic. It was almost like being a master to another Djinn, and he very much liked this role-reversal. So much so that his greed soared. And so began a campaign of conquest and subjugation. Those that would not bow down unto him, or serve at his beck and call, were to be annihilated. But he had not counted on one thing: He was not the only force to be reckoned with. His hubris brought about a long and bloody war the likes of which had never been seen, nor would ever likely be matched in any future epoch. His failure to triumph immediately, or as easily as he was used to, was the catalyst to his final solution: Escape this wretched world of opposition and heroes, and conquer a magic-free world that would never survive an onslaught from he and his wicked minions.

Sexual Stuff: Rumplestiltskin very much enjoys being in the seat of power, so submissive partners only for this. Also anyone not minding being controlled like a puppet for short periods would be appreciated.

Story-Related Suggestions: It has been suggested that there be some sexual tension, or possibly even romance between the dark and light leaders (Rumplestiltskin and Snow White) so if that is something the involved players would like to see, I'm up for it.

LamentingQuill

Hello everyone, I am proud to say as Mathim's Co GM and Snow White, that our game is off Hiatus and we are now once again actively recruiting. Reserve your favorite fairy tale folk while you still can ;)

Come and join me, Heroes, as we battle Rumpelstiltskin in the mortal world and fight to preserve everything good! I await you in my manor deep within the woods, if your heart is pure, you will find me easily.

Then again, perhaps... are you to be my enemy? Will you join the forces of darkness and aid Rumpelstiltskin in his deranged desire for world domination?

What say you? Are you with me?... or with HIM
?

~Snow White

WhatLiesAbove

It's an interesting premise!

Do we have to play purely good guys/heroes? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in for Melificent.

Senti

I am hoping that my character can be at present a neutral, a watcher if you like, in time she may choose a side.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 06, 2015, 11:22:56 PM
It's an interesting premise!

Do we have to play purely good guys/heroes? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in for Melificent.

You can choose any side you want, Mathim and I could even maybe work on something for neutral parties interested in reducing bloodshed between sides as much as possible. I'd have to discuss it with him.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: LamentingQuill on November 06, 2015, 11:51:22 PM
You can choose any side you want, Mathim and I could even maybe work on something for neutral parties interested in reducing bloodshed between sides as much as possible. I'd have to discuss it with him.

Maleficent would probably be a neutral. She doesn't care about anyone but herself, really!

Mathim

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 06, 2015, 11:57:07 PM
Maleficent would probably be a neutral. She doesn't care about anyone but herself, really!

While that mentality would behoove her to choose to join Rumplestiltskin's side (someone like her would definitely fit nicely in his inner circle) then as long as you can find a way to make being neutral work, that can be allowed. It just may not always be possible to avoid the conflict, as Rumplestiltskin views things in the way that, if you're not with me then you're against me, so even if someone with power is staying out of the conflict, he may target them simply out of principle. But if they've got the power to avoid his wrath, they can keep themselves more or less safe until they do decide to become more active on one side or the other. Although, someone as powerful as Maleficent doesn't seem the type to be neutral; Is she going to be more of the Angelina Jolie movie version, where her backstory is altered to tragic hero instead of villain, out of curiosity? That would lend itself more to wanting to stay out of it than the original story.

Characters can tend to reflect their roles in their respective tales, although they can vary in how antagonistic they are OR if you are extremely creative, certain characters may be able to do a switcheroo and go from villain to hero if you'd like to play a certain antagonist as a protagonist instead.

The biggest reason to side with one leader or another are the characters' own motivations, i.e. what do they get out of this relationship? If they are greedy and wish to acquire wealth and power at the expense of others, that's a good reason to join Rumplestiltskin's side. Or if they just like killing or torturing or just fighting for the sake of harming others for their own bloodlust, that's another good reason. Or if they simply hate a particular person and want to oppose them but can't do it on their own and the person they hate happens to be aligned with Snow White, then that would be another reason. If a character doesn't have those or similar reasons to join Rumplestiltskin, then they may not belong on the evil side even if they were portrayed as evil in their stories.

Those who oppose indiscriminate bloodshed, rampant greed and the taking of freedom and property from others without due process are the sort who belong in Snow White's camp. So the same applies to anyone on the positive side of their fairy tales, if they're not committed to these kinds of ideals then they probably would do well to stay out of that part of the conflict too.

That all being taken into consideration, being neutral in the conflict either makes one a target of Rumplestiltskin because he either wants them eliminated from ever becoming competition to him, or because he wishes to add their power to his ranks. So if one who is neutral is not simply sequestering themselves until it's all over then the only realistic role they can play is that of a (perhaps morbidly) curious observer. Just know that neither side can fully support that decision when they do possess the power to aid one or the other, so they will potentially have a difficult time making friends in the game, and when they do choose a side, they may find it difficult to earn their trust.

Senti

My good LAdy is rather a 'morbid observer' At least at present.

She does have her reasons for it. However it does not mean she might not change her mind in the sceme of things.

Also being mistrusted or not popularity queen is not and issue, she has had a long time of experiance in it.

Call her a cynic I think.

should be sending sheet today hopefully ...shame I dont have small animals and magical household goods to help me.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 09:00:40 AM
My good LAdy is rather a 'morbid observer' At least at present.

She does have her reasons for it. However it does not mean she might not change her mind in the sceme of things.

Also being mistrusted or not popularity queen is not and issue, she has had a long time of experiance in it.

Call her a cynic I think.

should be sending sheet today hopefully ...shame I dont have small animals and magical household goods to help me.

It did seem like that particular character is perfect molded to be a passive observer, I know those kinds of characters exist in comic books too, I just don't know of one in particular's name, I think in Marvel comics he's called the Watcher but I could be wrong if the name is meant to be misleading.

If we want to get this game started by the end of the week (or sooner) let's get those character submissions in and we'll rock the two worlds. Snow and Rumplestiltskin will get the ball rolling so the rest of the characters will have tasks set up for them right from the get-go and no one is left without something to do.

WhatLiesAbove

Character name: Maleficent. There are no nicknames

Age: She looks to be in her early 20's. In actual fact, she is over 600 years old.

Role: Maleficent is an antihero. Once a champion of the Moor, the betrayal of true love has left her heart cold and bitter. She still hold position of royalty to the creatures of the Moor, and while having not truly picked a side in conflict, has decided that Rumplestilskin's conniving mind is humorous, and thus something that she can show support to. She cares not for suffering of mortal men, as the repeated sins of men against her (in her eyes) has proven them to be unworthy of her support.

Appearance:
Ability(ies): Maleficent is a witch, at least that's what humans call her. In truth, she is a fairy. As such, she has several magical abilities. While simple cantrips are of little consequence and rather easy (levitate a small object here, dump some water there, whatever might cause mild mischief), her true abilities lie in nature.

Maleficent is able to conjure lightning, and bend it to her will. Like Thor, she does this with the use of her staff....which to those not seeing her performing magic seems like a simple walking staff. However, the staff allows her to harness lightning, as well as calling upon treacherous frost storms. And summon thorn bushes anywhere and at will.

Her two final powers lay in divination and transmutation. She is able to lay curses upon people (ask Aurora how that works). Finally, she is able to transform....from a sensual woman, to a rather large, black, fire-breathing dragon. It is only in this form that she is able to fly.

She has one major weakness that may be her biggest undoing in this new, modern world. Iron. Maleficent is unable to touch anything iron. As such, she cannot carry a gun, enter cars, or even many buildings. It is universally dangerous to her. It was iron that took her wings, and it is iron that burns her wherever it touches. It is an unfortunate thing to be in a city, since most buildings are made of steel (which is derived from iron).

As well, Maleficent cannot cast magic when in her dragon form. The dragon form is impervious to most forms of attack, what with dragon scale being so tough. However, it does have a weakness. There is a single spot at the base of her long draconic neck where the scales do not quite cover. We're she to be hit in this spot, she would immediately transform back to her "human" form, and be vulnerable to normal attacks that most humans are.

History and Backstory:Maleficent grew up in the Moors...a place of natural beauty, wonderment, and magic. From the time she was little, she had always been wary and curious of the human world. From her perch at the edge of the Moors, she was able to watch the human world seem to grow and flourish. At first it was idle curiosity, but it soon turned to wariness as humans seemed to become more and more aggressive and land-hungry.

As a child, Maleficent was able to fly, having beautiful brown wings. One day, she met a young boy who looked to be about the same age as her. For months they met and talked, and it seemed as though there could be a bridge through them between the realm of Moor and men. But it was not to be. The young boy, Stefan, became a member of the kings court, and Maleficent never saw him again.

Until one day, when they were both grown. Stefan returned, and used the bond he had with Maleficent to summon her. A night of passion turned to betrayal. Stefan took Maleficents wings, showing them as a trophy to the king and securing his place as the next ruler. Maleficent was crushed.

Biding her time, Maleficent let her anger grow, until finally she was able to strike at Stefan. Capturing his daughter Aurora in a curse, Maleficent reveled in the anguish as Stefan tried to keep his daughter safe. Finally, the day the curse was to unfold (Aurora's 16th birthday), Maleficent coaxed the king out, and slaughtered him in the woods. Content that her revenge was complete, Maleficent recalled the curse on Aurora, and retreated back to the Moors.

Human nature will not be denied, though. And as Maleficent watched, the human realm grew and grew. Many battles were fought to protect the Moors, and humans died, along with many creatures from the Moors. With nothing left to protect, a crushed Maleficent seemed to vanish.

But she didn't really.

To modern times we come, where Maleficent has flourished. With humans calling upon the protection of entire forests, Maleficent has found a place again. Hidden away, she has collected herself a tiny grove, where she lives. The stories of humans disappearing in the woods, never to return? Most likely it is because of Maleficent. Though nobody can say for certain.

Sexual Stuff:Maleficent is a fairy. However, in all her time alive, she has only ever had that one encounter with Stefan, seemingly centuries ago. There has never been another creature that she has wanted, and the thought of being with another human enrages her...though she cannot help but admire the male and female form alike. Yes, Maleficent is bi-curious.

There are a whole plethora of yes' that can happen with her. Capture, seduction, even possible enslavement (though the powers of good would t really have use for that, perhaps Rumplestilskin could do with a fairy pet). As past stated, Maleficent is bi-curious, and might, if the opportunity arises, fall to the seduction of a beautiful woman...even a man if one were to tag along. After all, it has been a long time since she has had any intimacy in her life.

Story-related Suggestions: I'm completely open. And I think it would be cool to have some sort of dichotomy between good and evil warring within Maleficent. While a bitter anti-hero, she isn't exactly evil. She just has evil intentions. She could very well el, be lured into the destruction of humans by Rumplestilskin, but I'd like to see someone show her humanities redeeming qualities, and perhaps try to lure her back to the light.

Mathim

Lovely! So that officially makes 3. Let me start sending out some PMs to let everyone else interested know that we're burning rubber already.

Senti

Is it ok for Miss Raven to actually be a cockney this 'incarnation' that was 'angin' abaat wf vhe boys in ve Tawer av Landan? At least before things got messy and she ended up having to help out in the States? :)

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
Is it ok for Miss Raven to actually be a cockney this 'incarnation' that was 'angin' abaat wf vhe boys in ve Tawer av Landan? At least before things got messy and she ended up having to help out in the States? :)

If trying to read and comprehend it doesn't make our eyes bleed, sure.

Senti

Dont worry I promise to put in any translations. Just thank the heavens its not Pikey.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 03:36:51 PM
Dont worry I promise to put in any translations. Just thank the heavens its not Pikey.

I'm not sure what that is but I'll take your word for it.

Senti

Watch the film Snatch then you might understand. Its a sort of Gypsy slang to confuse those Gaje.

Mathim

Quote from: Senti on November 07, 2015, 05:02:46 PM
Watch the film Snatch then you might understand. Its a sort of Gypsy slang to confuse those Gaje.

I tried, couldn't get into it. But thanks for the brief explanation.

Mathim

Okay, I think we're about ready to transition to an OOC thread. Snow and Rumplestiltskin's event to open the magic mirror and the way to the new world will set up the means for the rest of the cast to begin their roles. I'll link to the OOC thread in the first post of this thread once it's ready to go, but I'll link it here too:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239351.msg11799587#new

Mathim

Splendid! I really think we've got something special that will make it work this time around.

Actually, it occurs to me we need more dudes. Anyone think they might know of some they can reach out to for interest in this story?

LamentingQuill

Senti

Kokaine

I was about to work on my Ursula sheet but realized the game is a bit female heavy already... is that a problem?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Mathim

Quote from: Kokaine on November 09, 2015, 06:22:31 PM
I was about to work on my Ursula sheet but realized the game is a bit female heavy already... is that a problem?

Nah, I think my one male villain is probably able to handle it. I've got a few ideas for NPC villain lackeys that won't interfere much with what other players coming in afterward might want to play.

BUT I wouldn't object to anyone wanting to double up and play some male heroes or villains.

Kokaine

Okay then. Well my intent is for Ursula to at least start on Rumple's side and depending on the game's speed I may tackle a second character and that one can be male.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see a Floatsam and/or Jetsam pop up :P

I am hoping to get my sheet sent in tonight since the weekend was just too exhausting for me to do anything then :/

My O/Os

LamentingQuill

I'm hoping we can get some more dudes, wouldn't it be cool if we saw like a Jafar or a humanoid Scar? So many options from Disney to folklore, I can't wait to see what will pop up :)

Mathim

Quote from: HopeFox on November 09, 2015, 07:14:55 PM
We could definitely do with an Aladdin on the heroes' side - it would be handy to have someone who actually knows something about djinni. :)

Ooh, yes, someone Rumplestiltskin would absolutely HATE: A human who once was a Djinn's master, the indignity of it all!

Also, let me give everyone some good news, as far as most characters (at least in the Disney versions) having animal or other creatures as sidekicks: If you would like for those characters to have these pets/pals as a familiar, that is perfectly fine. Maybe they only manifest spiritually, or maybe they have to be conjured up for a predetermined amount of time by the character at the cost of some of their magical strength. That's totally cool, as long as it's reasonable. More than two might be pushing it, but otherwise I don't see why we can't include them. But you'd have to control them as NPCs since if no one else volunteers to play them, there's no other realistic way to have that happen.

So for instance, Jafar could have Iago as a familiar, Aladdin could have Abu, Ursula could have her eel minions and so forth. Even those that didn't have one in the stories, if it makes sense to the lore, then that should be A-OK.

Okay, so anyone itching to start, here is what you need to know, and then you're free to have at it in the IC thread:

Rumplestiltskin's invasion of Snow White's castle is under way, and he's sent out a beacon of sorts to signal all of his allies that the time to follow him to the new realm is at hand, and that they should either be en route or just receiving the signal and preparing to move out.

Anyone who is an ally of Snow White will be receiving a similar distress signal and again, be either en route or just receiving it and preparing for battle. BUT they will be a few hours behind the villains, so the villains will control the castle by the time the heroes show up.

So if anyone wants to get this party started, go for it! We're not going to be that stringent on traveling distances, especially with magic involved, so don't worry about that kind of thing. The villains got the message first so that's just why they're a few hours ahead.

Also, what do you guys think of the advertisement in my new signature?

LamentingQuill

I'm working on Snow White's first post and it should be ready by sometime tomorrow.

Mathim

Posted! I hope everyone appreciates that I squeezed in a 'dearie' into Rumple's dialogue, LOL.

Senti

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on November 10, 2015, 08:13:43 AM
Posted! I hope everyone appreciates that I squeezed in a 'dearie' into Rumple's dialogue, LOL.

I did, it made me chuckle, lol

Mathim

I changed the name of the thread so we could advertise that we're looking for male characters. Hopefully we get a few more interested parties soon!

Isengrad

This seems like it might be fun, I could certainly pull out a Beast or a Headless horseman.

original artwork by karabiner

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on December 14, 2015, 07:40:52 AM
This seems like it might be fun, I could certainly pull out a Beast or a Headless horseman.

Well, I'm sorry to say, this idea fizzled out again. Perhaps when a third attempt is made we'll have success but right now I'm not in the right frame of mind to GM it.

LamentingQuill

Still looking for new folks to join us, we need males a lot, but won't turn away females :)

Here are some heroes and villains off the top of my head if you are having a difficult time thinking of something...

Heroes: Robin Hood, Aladdin, Jasmine, Aurora, Pocahontas, Mulan, Li Shang, Hercules, Beowulf, Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Erik, a humanized Simba (Lion king) Peter Pan (Disney version -aged appropriately-), Jack Frost... and so many more out there

Villains: Jafar, Pied piper, Hades, Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, a humanized Scar (Lion king), Ursula, The big bad wolf, the evil queen (please collaborate with LamentingQuill/Snow White), Prince Hans, Peter Pan(J.M. Barrie's original version -aged appropriately- ), Pitch (The boogeyman)... plus so many more out there unlisted here

Perhaps even a hero could turn to the dark side or a villain can seek a path to redemption, there are many paths and options to take :)   

That One Dingus

Would American folk heroes be acceptable? Like John Henry?
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

LamentingQuill

Mathim

I think those (American) folk tales are a tad too modern to work in this universe. Maybe from the time the pilgrims settled, but anything major from after that would probably be around the time of the Industrial Revolution and that's where magic ceases to have dominion over things and technology makes power accessible to any normal human.

Viktoff Samson

Male roleplayer here!
Entirely open to a roleplay.
Didn't the gm just say they weren't in the right frame gm this at the moment?
I mean, if you're still looking...
I can play a Hercules, or perhaps fashion a character out of the Lion from the tale 'The Lion and the Mouse'-If that's doable.

If not, well I'm noting interesting for if/when things pick back up and I may be needed.
O/O

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Viktoff Samson on December 12, 2016, 11:24:27 AM
Male roleplayer here!
Entirely open to a roleplay.
Didn't the gm just say they weren't in the right frame gm this at the moment?
I mean, if you're still looking...
I can play a Hercules, or perhaps fashion a character out of the Lion from the tale 'The Lion and the Mouse'-If that's doable.

If not, well I'm noting interesting for if/when things pick back up and I may be needed.

Lack of players has a lot to do with it if I recall conversations we've had, it would be so uplifting if we could get more. As for Hercules oe the lion character, pm Mathim and I'm certain he will help you arrange something really great that isn't too overpowered :)

Mathim

Nah, PM isn't necessary, I can answer here. Hercules would be fine (Beowulf might be a good choice too for a similar character) and I'm not familiar with that other thing you mentioned, I'll have to look it up, but you can certainly choose that one even if I'm not yet aware of the story it's from.

I'm not sure where the idea that the GM (myself) is getting tired of the game, that isn't something I recall having heard in the OOC thread or in here, so that's kind of bizarre to see. I'm still around but once we lose enough people that the game just can't continue, well, me being the GM sticking around won't save it, so...that's just what happens. But I'll see it through til it sinks beneath the waves and can't be salvaged.

Hercules would likely start out on the Southern continent, in the Eastern (Greco-Roman) region, given his origin in Greek mythology. But you can have him settled elsewhere even if he was born in the aforementioned region. He seems like a world-traveling hero-type.

SweetSerenade

I'd be interested in a Morgaine Le Fay sort of character, but spun to be more like the Mists of Avalon style. I really dislike that Morgaine is demonized so often by the adaptation to the old tales. I like the story that is spun in Mists of Avalon, where she is a Priestess just trying to her hardest to keep the old ways of the Druids alive in a culture where the rise of Catholicism is causing a demonization of her people. :3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 13, 2016, 02:30:22 AM
I'd be interested in a Morgaine Le Fay sort of character, but spun to be more like the Mists of Avalon style. I really dislike that Morgaine is demonized so often by the adaptation to the old tales. I like the story that is spun in Mists of Avalon, where she is a Priestess just trying to her hardest to keep the old ways of the Druids alive in a culture where the rise of Catholicism is causing a demonization of her people. :3

Well with this story, it would actually be possible for virtually any character to be spun into a hero or villain despite their role in their story or stories of origin, so you can use whatever interpretation you want, whether it's based on an alternate re-telling or the original. So you don't have to worry about which book it's based on,it's all good as long as you can make a good backstory.

Viktoff Samson

Quote from: Mathim on December 12, 2016, 10:33:25 PM
Nah, PM isn't necessary, I can answer here. Hercules would be fine (Beowulf might be a good choice too for a similar character) and I'm not familiar with that other thing you mentioned, I'll have to look it up, but you can certainly choose that one even if I'm not yet aware of the story it's from.

I'm not sure where the idea that the GM (myself) is getting tired of the game, that isn't something I recall having heard in the OOC thread or in here, so that's kind of bizarre to see. I'm still around but once we lose enough people that the game just can't continue, well, me being the GM sticking around won't save it, so...that's just what happens. But I'll see it through til it sinks beneath the waves and can't be salvaged.
Quote from: Mathim on December 14, 2015, 08:32:36 AM
Well, I'm sorry to say, this idea fizzled out again. Perhaps when a third attempt is made we'll have success but right now I'm not in the right frame of mind to GM it.
This one gave me that impression.
Quote from: Mathim on December 12, 2016, 10:33:25 PM
Hercules would likely start out on the Southern continent, in the Eastern (Greco-Roman) region, given his origin in Greek mythology. But you can have him settled elsewhere even if he was born in the aforementioned region. He seems like a world-traveling hero-type.
In many depictions of the Hercules I've seen, his weakness is often put as never knowing when to give up and not being incredibly smart. Fighting until he's tired and more fighting after that. Though, I'm probably going to google him and read as much as I can to ensure I have a clean picture of his mythos, if I stick with Hercules. Don't know anything about Beowulf.

It's fuzzy how I could retool or fashion a character out of the Lion from the Lion and the Mouse, but I suppose I could tell a short (somewhat inaccurate thanks to memory's sake) recap. Essentially there is a Lion and a Mouse-This represents a class system when it was originally compiled long ago, the Lion isn't quite nice to the mouse. A time comes when the Lion is trapped in a hunter's net and cannot free himself. Pleading to the mouse, the Lion convinces the Mouse to help him. The mouse gnaws an opening in the net and frees the Lion.

There's a supposed sequel-But don't worry about that. At the end of the day, modern points of view on the story have made it primarily about teamwork and respecting those that are smaller/weaker or less fortunate than you. I like the dynamic that the Lion is so strong, so fierce, but he falls prey to show that he really can't do everything himself. Sadly, I can't seem to imagine where to even begin crafting a character for this idea.
O/O

firepyre

Tentatively interested. I'm not sure just before christmas is the best time for a launch though.

I'd be looking to play a villain. The big bad wolf's bigger badder brother. He's out for blood, after his little bro got done in by Red.

Mathim

Quote from: Viktoff Samson on December 13, 2016, 10:42:40 AM
This one gave me that impression.

Ah, that was the previous attempt, Take II. This is the speculated third attempt, which hasn't yet fizzled out. Though when it does I'll probably make a similar post so everyone knows and might be able to voice their interest to rekindle it.

@ firepyre: Well, not everyone's posting at a very frequent rate so I don't think it would make a huge difference if you created a character and just made one post in between now and the holiday. But I'd love a member of the big bad wolf tribe to be a villain, if only we had a Red Riding Hood so their blood feud could really take the story up a notch.

LamentingQuill

Depending on how many characters we're allowed, I was thinking about Robin Hood or maybe a villain, kinda got a bit of an itch to play a baddie

SweetSerenade

I am going to bow out but keep this on watch for the moment. Apologies, just have a lot going on and don't want to load up on too many group games. <3

Good luck!

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

Well, at least there wasn't a deep commitment, that might have been more disappointing, having a fully fleshed-out profile worked out and not being able to use it.

If you can handle a time commitment that will let you keep a good timing balance, you can probably do 3 characters, especially if they are a combination of good and evil characters rather than all good or all evil.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on December 13, 2016, 06:33:58 PM
Well, at least there wasn't a deep commitment, that might have been more disappointing, having a fully fleshed-out profile worked out and not being able to use it.

If you can handle a time commitment that will let you keep a good timing balance, you can probably do 3 characters, especially if they are a combination of good and evil characters rather than all good or all evil.

Awesomesauce, I got a villain idea and if that's a no go, I MIGHT go with Robin Hood. Maybe.

Mathim

Robin Hood as a villain? I'd love to see the backstory on that one!

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on December 13, 2016, 08:48:38 PM
Robin Hood as a villain? I'd love to see the backstory on that one!

Well, not doing Robin Hood now (as you know, lol), but I wouldn't have written him a villain, he was just my back up idea :)

Mathim

Oh, well, you had said you wanted to play a villain, so...but yeah, we got it sussed out.

LamentingQuill

Still seeking new players, never too late to jump in, a new hero or villain could always turn the tide of a story in the most delicious ways.

Yurie

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Yurie on December 29, 2016, 09:25:31 PM
This thing still open? I wouldn't mind joining in.

We could be shutting down soon if we lose any more players or don't get any more to increase our numbers above a small handful. What character did you fancy? Perhaps you know others whom may take an interest?

Yurie

I literally just got approved, so no... but I am interested in playing a superhuman version of Rapunzel...

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Yurie on December 29, 2016, 10:57:21 PM
I literally just got approved, so no... but I am interested in playing a superhuman version of Rapunzel...

Like in Tangled, like magic healing hair? Or something else? :)

Mathim

Quote from: Yurie on December 29, 2016, 09:25:31 PM
This thing still open? I wouldn't mind joining in.

I wish. We lost a few too many of our crew to sustain it where it's at. I usually start a new one every couple of months so what you might consider doing is work on a basic profile of a character you want and set it aside for that occasion. I'm keeping a list of people interested in the game so I'll be sending out notices to everybody when the next one gets a reboot.