World War Z | Survival game

Started by Dashenka, October 07, 2013, 04:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

Just so I don't waste any of your time, if you are not into zombie apocalypse survival games, this is not your game.

The setting is basically the same as in the movie. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, a zombie plague suddenly hits the world. Those bitten do not die, but become one of the zombies. Whatever the virus is, it's not airborne so it's easy to survive if you are not bitten. For some reason the zombies leave sick people alone.

Until a vaccin is developed that camouflages healthy people into being sick people and can walk around the 'zombies', people are left to their own devices. The zombies react to noise once they've gone dormant.

What I want is a few players (max 5, me included) to play a group of survivors heading to a safe zone. To give it a bit of a special twist, I want the game to play out in Moscow. Starting point is the Kremlin. It's been kept safe because of the walls surrounding it. At the time the virus struck Moscow, not many people were in. Could be a sunday, could be middle of the night. While we hunker down in the Kremlin and wait for things to happen we learn that there is a safe haven at Nova Zemyla and we decide to take our chances.

Ideally I want all players to start out in the Kremlin but if the reason is good I might consider something else, like a character hiding in a basement or attic or something.

I would like the game to move on so I expect (and try) to post at least once every two days and as the GM I hold the rights to move the game forward to a certain point and location. How your character got there is up to you but from that point we all post from there. Also I want the group to stick together, which is why I limited the number to 5 max. Sex is not part of the game. Obviously I won't forbid it but since we're a group we'd either need a few couples or a big orgy and seeing how the world's overrun with zombies, I doubt anybody is in the mood anyway.

If you see more than 5 people have reacted, please post your interest anyway. I will select players (if I get more than 5) by the characters.

So before I go on with describing more, I'd like to see who is interested in this. Any takers?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Yes please, I'm interested, and want to play! :-)

ElvenKitten

TexasWarren

This sounds nice Dash, but my plate is pretty full right now. IF for some reason (I cannot imagine why) you don't get enough guys, Let me know.

TexasDM
Current Muse Score (0 - 10): 8.5
I am A Dark Writer!

JesterinTheDeck

Rottonone

I'd be interested but admittedly not experienced with group rp so may need to be spoon fed at first.
I piss in parking garages to assert my Dominance.
o/o

Dashenka

Three girls, two gents so far, if Texas joins it's three, three.

Rotton, we'll help you but it's not very different from one on one's.

The group will stay together after they get together.

As for the characters. IF your character starts inside the Moscow Kremlin, the character has to be Russian. Some sort of military or police or a priest of the orthodox church. Nobody else is allowed inside when it's closed.

If you decide to play a character who's not Russian, I ask you to group together. You don't have to know each other but please all play tourists in the same hotel or room mates in the same house or something. If you have a very good alternative why your character should be alone at the start of the game, you can try to convince me. That way it's easier to get the group together and get the game going. I'll post a sheet up soon so you can fill it out.

King Serperior

Quote from: Dashenka on October 07, 2013, 04:27:40 PM
The setting is basically the same as in the movie.
*Sighs*  Ah well, maybe next time.  This looked quite interesting...until I saw that it was based off the movie  *shrugs* 

You all have fun now.  I'll take my leave.  Happy hunting and survival  :) 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Dashenka

I haven't read the book. But with the setting I mean the zombies behave like in the movie :) The closest thing the movie comes to Russia is the airplane he takes, is Belarussian.

Dashenka

Okay I've decided not to go too far with the character sheets. If you want, add a biography and history but a few key words will suffide.

Name: Anzhelika Yuryeva
Nationality: Russian
Role: Kremlin Regiment Guard
Equipment: SKS-45 (part of the guard's ceremonial outfit), a small hand gun and acces to an AK-47

Anzhelika is a head strong young soldier who knows her way around with a gun. Outgoing and friendly, Anzhi lies well in her regiment and people like to be around her. She's intelligent and adventurous.

Rottonone

Name: Anatoly Golovanov
Role: low level finance analyst
equipment: wooden bat he bought at a baseball game while on vacation in the US.

Recently divorced when he caught his wife in the act with a family friend. Loss of his love and family has left him with mild depression. Not assertive, and mostly a follower, thus has not let him excel in life but rather forces him to settle...for unglamorous work, a cheating wife, a slight dependency on alcohol and lack of fitness.
o/o

Dashenka

Did you think about where he is at the start of the game?

Rottonone

He works in the kremlin... Like any other government there are more suits then anything else.
o/o

Dashenka

Okay but the event happened at night and we'll start the game at night. So you need a reason why you were at the Kremlin at night :)

Rottonone

That's easy.. Deadline is the next day to get a budget report in. He is on 12th hour of an 8 hour shift.
o/o

Dashenka

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Here's my character, too. I thought may be, she's working late too, for a big event for politicians, in the morning.

Name: Polina Savitskaya
Role: Event planner, at Grand Kremlin Palace
Equipment: Mace sprayer, smart phone

Polina plans important events, for officials at the Kremlin. She works very hard, and pays attentions to many tiny details. She's very cheerful, and friendly. But, she's very tough, and determined.

ElvenKitten

Name: Emily Miles
Nationality: English/Russian
Role: MI6 operative posing as a low level administrator
Equipment: Compact pistol

Emily is currently on a long term surveillance op in the Kremlin, she is posing as a low level administrator translating English language documents into Russian. She comes across as friendly and bit shy but is really cold and manipulative. She uses her looks to get into places she shouldn't be able to and isn't above using sex to get her own way. 

Dashenka

ElvenKitten

I've had a spy obsession lately  :D

Rottonone

So who has read the book/ seen the movie or both.

Me..both. If you haven't read the book shame on you. Both are good but miles apart.

o/o

ElvenKitten

Haven't read the book or seen the film but I've seen enough zombie films to cope.

Dashenka

I haven't read the book. Seen the movie last week and when they came to Israel which was walled in, I got the idea of the Moscow Kremlin.

Rottonone

I cannot recommend it enough if your a fan of the genre.
o/o

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I read the book, and watched the movie. The book, it's much better. But, I liked watching Brad Pitt, very much. ;D