Sailor Moon/Marvel group roleplay recruitment (Need Sailor Jupiter before start)

Started by LamentingQuill, July 26, 2013, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Sailor Moon/Marvel

First off, there will be absolutely no attacking people for how they play a certain character, they chose that character and you didn't, let it be their own problem.

A Japanese Dane and I are banning omega level or overpowered heroes, no one without limitations. We do not want heroes that are considered omnipotent.
If you have someone you want and are unsure if they are overpowered, tell me or A Japanese Dane and we will discuss it together and get back with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Alright, now all Sailor Soldiers and Marvel heroes are allowed, I make an exception for Chibi Moon, because I am axing Mamoru and well, she cannot exist without him. I hate Mamoru for my own personal reasons and as I intend to play Sailor Moon, I don't want to be chained down to a character I hate. Plus, who wouldn't wanna get with a Marvel man? ;P

The excuse will be made that when Mamoru died against Galaxia, he was never brought back.

The role of the Alien leader is up for grabs as well, before I forget to mention it.

Okay, here is the plot...

A race of aliens is heading for Earth, aliens with a habit of swiftly consuming all resources on the planet they find and killing all inhabitants before they leave to find their next victim planet.
Both the Sailor Soldiers and the Marvel heroes are alerted to the threat and band together for the common cause of protecting the planet they love... perhaps even finding some romance along the way...

Roles taken-

Sailor Moon- claimed by LamentingQuill

Captain America- claimed by Batman4560

Sailor Mars- claimed by JDrew Spider

Iron Man- claimed by A Japanese Dane (Co-GM)

Sailor Mercury- claimed by

Hulk- claimed by FromShadowlands

Hawkeye- claimed by Ramsey

Deadpool- claimed by Snark

Pixie- claimed by Ember Star

Cable- claimed by Marie Reynolds

Sailor Venus- claimed by Ayahka

Wolverine- claimed by TheDreadPirateRoberts

Spiderman - claimed by insaneplots

Storm- claimed by RainbowRian

Sailor Jupiter- Sinestra

Navigation
To protect our world- Sailor Moon/Marvel (OOC thread)

To protect our world- Sailor Moon/Marvel (Character list)

To protect our world- Sailor Moon/Marvel (Starting point)

To protect our world- Sailor Moon/Marvel (Stark Tower)

Evil Tim

I'll go ahead and put my lot in that I choose Hawkeye.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The movie version

TheVillain

I will say I'm leaning Nightcrawler but haven't chosen for sure yet if I'll bite.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: TheVillain on July 26, 2013, 10:37:13 PM
I will say I'm leaning Nightcrawler but haven't chosen for sure yet if I'll bite.

I'll keep it in mind for you, dear.

Batman4560

Count me in on this as well, Im thinking....Captain America

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 26, 2013, 11:46:11 PM
Count me in on this as well, Im thinking....Captain America

That your final decision, hun? Need to know so I can mark you down as Captain America or whatever you choose.

Batman4560

Yeah I wanted to be someone I don't get a chance to play often.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 26, 2013, 11:58:08 PM
Yeah I wanted to be someone I don't get a chance to play often.

You are marked down and the role is secured for you.

Batman4560

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

LamentingQuill

Quote from: JDrew Spider on July 27, 2013, 01:12:24 AM
Sailor Mars! I would like to play her.

You got it! I will mark you down and secure the role for you :)

LamentingQuill

Wajin

So are any marvel hero up for grabs... because if so... I claim Franklin Richards as an adult, just for the lulz... here's his list of powers from the official canon

Also, if you still need a co-gm well versed in Marvel, I'd say I'm pretty well versed in the universe, though there are obscure little details I don't know about

Reality Manipulation: Ability to manipulate reality in cosmic level and vast reality warping powers on a potentially infinite level. His abilities are so great that even at such a young age he can create “pocket” universes in alternate realities (A pocket universe is a cosmos that does not equal our own in size.). After regaining his powers from a temporary loss, the first thing Franklin did with his nigh unlimited powers was to create a Universe, easily.[12]

Molecular Manipulation: Ability to re-arrange molecules up to a cosmic scale.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 03:33:56 AM
So are any marvel hero up for grabs... because if so... I claim Franklin Richards as an adult, just for the lulz... here's his list of powers from the official canon

Reality Manipulation: Ability to manipulate reality in cosmic level and vast reality warping powers on a potentially infinite level. His abilities are so great that even at such a young age he can create “pocket” universes in alternate realities (A pocket universe is a cosmos that does not equal our own in size.). After regaining his powers from a temporary loss, the first thing Franklin did with his nigh unlimited powers was to create a Universe, easily.[12]

Molecular Manipulation: Ability to re-arrange molecules up to a cosmic scale.

I'm a little reluctant to say yes, he seems almost too omnipotent.

Wajin

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 27, 2013, 03:36:06 AM
I'm a little reluctant to say yes, he seems almost too omnipotent.

It was meant as such, I had no intention of playing him, just pointing out that some marvel characters are hyper overpowered. I think I'll play as Anthony Edward Stark aka. Iron Man instead... by the way, edited my post asking if you still needed a co-gm
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 03:43:00 AM
It was meant as such, I had no intention of playing him, just pointing out that some marvel characters are hyper overpowered. I think I'll play as Anthony Edward Stark aka. Iron Man instead... by the way, edited my post asking if you still needed a co-gm

I will put you down as Iron Man and yes, I do need a Co-GM well versed in Marvel. I got the Sailor Moon half covered.

Wajin

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 27, 2013, 03:44:14 AM
I will put you down as Iron Man and yes, I do need a Co-GM well versed in Marvel. I got the Sailor Moon half covered.

Then I humbly offer my services to you

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 03:44:45 AM
Then I humbly offer my services to you

Excellent, I look forward to working with you.

GhettoMagick

I have no Idea who I wanna play yet but I'll keep thinking
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

FromShadowlands

Wajin

Quote from: FromShadowlands on July 27, 2013, 07:33:39 AM
I want to play Hulk.

Being Co-GM with the Marvel knowledge I gotta ask... what iteration of Hulk? The hyper rage filled guy from the movies... or World War Hulk: Hulk or another iteration entirely. It's just so we can approximate the power levels of the different characters. Hulk is, as you most likely know, almost indestructible when angry. 

FromShadowlands

Valid point. I mean any version has the potential of being to powerful. I could go with classic Peter Parker

Wajin

Quote from: FromShadowlands on July 27, 2013, 07:43:41 AM
Valid point. I mean any version has the potential of being to powerful. I could go with classic Peter Parker

Could be, with me playing Tony Stark, you could have the Iron Spidey outfit too <.<

FromShadowlands

Oh yeah I like that. He didn't get enough time with that baby.

Wajin

Quote from: FromShadowlands on July 27, 2013, 07:50:21 AM
Oh yeah I like that. He didn't get enough time with that baby.

And of course there's only one real suit I could pick for Tony

Snark

I've gotta say, this looks like it could be a lot of fun. Do you think I could play Deadpool?

Wajin

Quote from: Snark on July 27, 2013, 12:02:40 PM
I've gotta say, this looks like it could be a lot of fun. Do you think I could play Deadpool?

If you promise to break the 4th wall :D Jk, Deadpool would be awesome to have 4th wall breaking or not

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 12:05:27 PM
If you promise to break the 4th wall :D Jk, Deadpool would be awesome to have 4th wall breaking or not

I need to talk to someone first, but Deadpool may be available.

Snark

LamentingQuill

Snark

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 27, 2013, 12:32:53 PM
The role is all yours, sweetness.
Amazing! I look forward to playing with you guys!

Finite True

Would you mind a male playing a female? I notice a lack of Sailor Mercury, which might actually be the best role for me.

Wajin

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 01:36:56 PM
Would you mind a male playing a female? I notice a lack of Sailor Mercury, which might actually be the best role for me.

I see no harm in that Finite, I'll have to ask Quill though. Mercury has always been my favourite character from Sailor Moon so I look forward to seeing how you play her

Finite True

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 02:49:23 PM
I see no harm in that Finite, I'll have to ask Quill though. Mercury has always been my favourite character from Sailor Moon so I look forward to seeing how you play her

I know she's the only character nerdy enough for me.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 02:58:01 PM
I know she's the only character nerdy enough for me.

We can give it a shot, I am always willing to try something once.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 07:39:30 AM
Being Co-GM with the Marvel knowledge I gotta ask... what iteration of Hulk? The hyper rage filled guy from the movies... or World War Hulk: Hulk or another iteration entirely. It's just so we can approximate the power levels of the different characters. Hulk is, as you most likely know, almost indestructible when angry.

We'll go with the movie version, people will be most familiar with that.

Finite True

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 27, 2013, 03:53:49 PM
We can give it a shot, I am always willing to try something once.

I'll give myself a refresher course on the whole lore while I'm playing. Thanks! Looking forward to this.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 03:57:52 PM
I'll give myself a refresher course on the whole lore while I'm playing. Thanks! Looking forward to this.

We're going with the super transformations. All the soldiers bumped up to Super in the pegasus season.

Finite True

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 27, 2013, 03:59:43 PM
We're going with the super transformations. All the soldiers bumped up to Super in the pegasus season.

You already had me sold on Chibi Moon being axed, but Super Transformations is just plain awesome.

Wajin

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 04:15:45 PM
You already had me sold on Chibi Moon being axed, but Super Transformations is just plain awesome.

I think it's only fair seeing as I'm gonna be playing as comic book Tony Stark and not movieverse one... Don't know if anyone here has any idea how much more awesome he is in the comics

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 04:15:45 PM

Which is why the picture has the super henshins ;)

LamentingQuill

Once the rest of the inner senshi are cast, we can put up the OOC and begin talking. Dane and I already have an idea of how to start. We will never stop taking players, the senshi will eventually run out, but we'll never stop taking Marvel heroes.

Rules will still apply, no omnipotent Marvel heroes, those that are overpowered will have limitations placed on them that will be decided upon by myself and Dane.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 27, 2013, 06:28:14 PM
Once the rest of the inner senshi are cast, we can put up the OOC and begin talking. Dane and I already have an idea of how to start. We will never stop taking players, the senshi will eventually run out, but we'll never stop taking Marvel heroes.

Rules will still apply, no omnipotent Marvel heroes, those that are overpowered will have limitations placed on them that will be decided upon by myself and Dane.

We need Jupiter and Venus from the Senshi.

Batman4560

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 04:17:57 PM
I think it's only fair seeing as I'm gonna be playing as comic book Tony Stark and not movieverse one... Don't know if anyone here has any idea how much more awesome he is in the comics
Thumbs up on that. Screw movie Stark.

Wajin

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 27, 2013, 07:07:31 PM
Thumbs up on that. Screw movie Stark.

And to make it better, I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man :D

Finite True

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 07:25:24 PM
And to make it better, I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man :D

Probably the best choice, in my opinion.

Wajin

I would also appreciate that if anyone were to play as either James Rhodes or Peter Parker that they contact me beforehand as I have a few minor details I want to discuss with them

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on July 27, 2013, 07:42:17 PM
I would also appreciate that if anyone were to play as either James Rhodes or Peter Parker that they contact me beforehand as I have a few minor details I want to discuss with them

People with Sailor Moon concerns should come to me, do not be afraid to PM me or look up my yahoo and IM me if I am not here.

LamentingQuill

We still need a Sailor Jupiter and a Sailor Venus before we can make progress towards starting, I have ideas for us to start and explain the delayed entry of Jupiter and Venus, but I'd rather not unless I have to.

JDrew Spider

Awesome! I'm very excited and intrigued by this.

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

LamentingQuill

I thought this looked really cool, like an echo from the past meeting the present.

Photo owned by Mindfall of Deviantart.

Amazing photographer, you should check him out.

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ember Star on July 28, 2013, 05:43:19 PM
are these cannon Sailors or next generation Sailors?

Canon, but you play them how you wish. For example, my Sailor Moon will be a bit more intelligent than the original and just a tad more serious.

Ember Star

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 28, 2013, 05:47:22 PM
Canon, but you play them how you wish. For example, my Sailor Moon will be a bit more intelligent than the original and just a tad more serious.
I have a Venus and Neptune, but they're both next generation.

I think I'll take Pixie from Marvel instead. Been looking for a place to play her anyway. Do you have a specific profile format?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ember Star on July 28, 2013, 05:51:51 PM
I have a Venus and Neptune, but they're both next generation.

I think I'll take Pixie from Marvel instead. Been looking for a place to play her anyway. Do you have a specific profile format?

I will by tomorrow, working on them now as we speak.

Finite True

I'm thinking my version of Sailor Mercury will be a little more shy, and more of a daydreamer.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Finite True on July 28, 2013, 05:54:10 PM
I'm thinking my version of Sailor Mercury will be a little more shy, and more of a daydreamer.

She was already very shy and there is nothing wrong with a daydreamer :)

Doomglazer

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Doomglazer on July 28, 2013, 06:40:38 PM
i like to play Tuxedo Mask

He's dead. I decided he was never revived after Galaxia killed him. I have an enormous dislike of him.

Marie Reynolds

Oh god I now have visions of Dead Pool signing smash mouth songs when the scouts enter the room. Why brain Why?!

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 28, 2013, 07:47:45 PM
Oh god I now have visions of Dead Pool signing smash mouth songs when the scouts enter the room. Why brain Why?!

Were you interested in joining?

Marie Reynolds

Yes, I was just doing some Research on Cable before I made my decision. So If you would have me I would like to bring the only really useful and competent member of the Summers line into this.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 28, 2013, 08:24:02 PM
Yes, I was just doing some Research on Cable before I made my decision. So If you would have me I would like to bring the only really useful and competent member of the Summers line into this.

Scott/Cyclops?

Marie Reynolds

Never been a big Cyclops fan, Which is odd considering my favorite Hero is Cable.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 28, 2013, 08:28:32 PM
Never been a big Cyclops fan, Which is odd considering my favorite Hero is Cable.

Just to be clear, which hero were you requesting?

Marie Reynolds

Cable, Also when we get a Venus and Jupiter I would love to work background ties and maybe be the one who gets them to the timeline they need to be at or whatever we can cook up.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 28, 2013, 08:40:40 PM
Cable, Also when we get a Venus and Jupiter I would love to work background ties and maybe be the one who gets them to the timeline they need to be at or whatever we can cook up.

I will mark you down as Cable. Dane and I already have a way to get the Senshi to New York.

SweetSerenade

Just a side note - Anime Sailor Moon was ridiculous, Manga Sailor Moon actually matured and became quite serious when she needed to be. I loved her leaps and bounds over the anime Sailor Moon.

I'm contemplating things, but I am supposing you wouldn't have openings for OCs would you? Is this a Canon only rp?

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 28, 2013, 09:05:39 PM
Just a side note - Anime Sailor Moon was ridiculous, Manga Sailor Moon actually matured and became quite serious when she needed to be. I loved her leaps and bounds over the anime Sailor Moon.

I'm contemplating things, but I am supposing you wouldn't have openings for OCs would you? Is this a Canon only rp?
Anime Sailor Moon was better in the Japanese version. Manga is better on both fronts. Though I actually haven't watched/read much of any.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 28, 2013, 09:08:45 PM
Anime Sailor Moon was better in the Japanese version. Manga is better on both fronts. Though I actually have watched/read much of any.

I've been a huge fan since I was young. Took the time to read the manga. I watched the dubbed version as a child, and the subbed as an adult. I have actually seen Stars...

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 28, 2013, 09:09:52 PM
I've been a huge fan since I was young. Took the time to read the manga. I watched the dubbed version as a child, and the subbed as an adult. I have actually seen Stars...
I didn't have cable or satellite as a kid, so I kinda missed out on Sailor Moon. Plus I'm just on the edge between being old enough and too young. One of my friends who's my age remembers and loves it, though.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 28, 2013, 09:09:52 PM

Stars was amazing, probably the best season yet.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 28, 2013, 09:13:13 PM
Stars was amazing, probably the best season yet.

If you can come up for a good reason, since you are GM - I might be up for playing Yaten or Taiki... I like Seiya too much to play him XD

So is this Canon only? Or?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 28, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

I prefer this remain canons, yes, it is supposed to be all the heroes of the world joining together for the common goal of saving the world.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 28, 2013, 09:14:46 PM
I prefer this remain canons, yes, it is supposed to be all the heroes of the world joining together for the common goal of saving the world.

Ah shame. Well I wish you the best! I'm just particular about playing just a Canon in series based rps. XD Though in reality the character I would be playing would be a 'hero' of sorts... just... uhh not as advanced as the other senshi...

Marie Reynolds

cool I just offered for those two since they do travel through time and well Cable does do time traveling.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 28, 2013, 09:33:29 PM
cool I just offered for those two since they do travel through time and well Cable does do time traveling.

No time traveling required. Also A Japanese Dane will be messaging you soon regarding your characters powers, we are placing limits on those that are considered over powered and it will be up to him whether or not Cable is over powered. He's the Marvel buff ^.^

LamentingQuill

OOC and Character list are now up, approved Senshi may post their profiles and Marvel heroes approved by A Japanese Dane may post theirs, those not approved need to wait until approved by the appropriate person.

Profile sheets are included in the OOC.

LamentingQuill

We need a villain too, the leader of the alien menace. Dane and I will be a bit more choosy about this as we want someone capable of playing a legit villain.

Snark

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 28, 2013, 08:40:40 PM
We should be buddies :D

Wajin

The Multiverses are already combined... no need for cable to do that

Ayahka

I think I'd like to try playing Venus. She's definitely my favorite Sailor, and I think I could manage pretty well with her.

Question, though: What about Luna and Artemis? I know Sailor Moon fans often forget about the cats (including Naoko Takeuchi; I still haven't forgiven the manga that it made such a spectacle out of killing off the cats and then completely forgot about them afterwards, never bothering to revive them alongside the Sailors), and possibly they wouldn't be effective enough to make for good player characters, but I'd kinda hate to see them ignored...

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ayahka on July 30, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
I think I'd like to try playing Venus. She's definitely my favorite Sailor, and I think I could manage pretty well with her.

Question, though: What about Luna and Artemis? I know Sailor Moon fans often forget about the cats (including Naoko Takeuchi; I still haven't forgiven the manga that it made such a spectacle out of killing off the cats and then completely forgot about them afterwards, never bothering to revive them alongside the Sailors), and possibly they wouldn't be effective enough to make for good player characters, but I'd kinda hate to see them ignored...

I will mark you down as Sailor Venus and no worries about Luna and Artemis, they will be NPC'd by me.

LamentingQuill

The outer Senshi Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Saturn can come in later, but we really do need Sailor Jupiter now at least before we can start, I can temporarily explain her absence, but I prefer not to if it should be unnecessary.

Ayahka

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 30, 2013, 03:02:23 PM
I will mark you down as Sailor Venus and no worries about Luna and Artemis, they will be NPC'd by me.

Great!  ;D Can I mangle proverbs and have Artemis correct them?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ayahka on July 30, 2013, 03:10:29 PM
Great!  ;D Can I mangle proverbs and have Artemis correct them?

lol, sure. Just provide me with the correct one ^.^

TheDreadPirateRoberts

LamentingQuill

Quote from: TheDreadPirateRoberts on July 30, 2013, 04:22:08 PM
Would Logan aka Woverine be an allowed character for me to claim?

Sure. I will mark you down. The profile for you to use is in the OOC, make sure A Japanese Dane sees it before you post it to the character list.

Ayahka

I made a Sailor Venus profile!  :D Let me know if I need to change anything.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Ayahka on July 30, 2013, 05:50:58 PM
I made a Sailor Venus profile!  :D Let me know if I need to change anything.

Your picture isn't working.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 30, 2013, 05:26:22 PM
Sure. I will mark you down. The profile for you to use is in the OOC, make sure A Japanese Dane sees it before you post it to the character list.

Awesome, thanks. I will be sure to pm it to him for approval before posting it :)

LamentingQuill

People already assigned roles, please bring comments, suggestions and questions to the OOC. Thank you much! :)

Ayahka

RainbowRian

Wajin

Storm is indeed available, I'd like it if you would PM your character sheet before you post it in the thread okay? just so you know it, we're trying to keep it as canonical to the comics as possible

RainbowRian

Wajin

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

insaneplots

Color me intrigued and curious. Huge marvel and wildstorm.

With how often they have been crossed over and there is no clear idea which verse they would belong to what are you opinions for members of Gen13 or DV8?

In particular i'm thinking Grunge, Burnout, Powerhause, frostbite or even despite being a female role's Sublime or Fairchild

Batman4560

Quote from: MaiMizzu on July 31, 2013, 07:00:00 PM
Is Sailor Jupiter still available? I think i'd be interested!

Im not positive but I believe she is still available.

MaiMizzu

Sorry, but I've kind of changed my mind about this after giving it some thought. Very sorry...
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Wajin

Kristen

Hello everyone.

I've been thinking about dropping my name in the hat in this one so to speak in terms of providing a planetary 'menace' for the heroes/sailor warriors. As I'm actually not familiar about the sailor squad ... at all aside from a handful of episodes I saw when I was a girl (if anyone remembers the 'Doom and Gloom' girls that were recruited to divide and conquer? hehe... yeah... that's about the era of sailor moon where I saw a few episodes.)

Of course, in regards to Marvel... I know a bit of what I've seen in regards to movies or a few shows but again... fairly limited knowledge in the subject (While I could certainly find an interest in looking it up...)

Normally I would avoid joining a group RP where I know so little about it, especially when cannon characters are so keenly 'familiar' to the players taking an interest. In this particular case... one remark that has me scratching the side of my jaw and wondering why not apply for an alien race aspect is this particular definition put forth by Quill...

A race of aliens is heading for Earth, aliens with a habit of swiftly consuming all resources on the planet they find and killing all inhabitants before they leave to find their next victim planet.
Both the Sailor Soldiers and the Marvel heroes are alerted to the threat and band together for the common cause of protecting the planet they love... perhaps even finding some romance along the way...

Quill... Dane... As it's been made clear the selection for the leader will be a little more particular in terms of the direction you go... I am going to send a PM to each of you. It's almost going to be a 'marketing ad agency' pitch for an idea for an enemy race that I'm thinking would fit these terms quite interestingly.

As the alien-invader role of an all-consuming-race is the only part of this I'd really be able to play with any level of 'true' understanding, that's the only role I'll apply for. If it turns out to be something that goes against the direction you'd like to take it, then let me know. I'm not considering a very 'emotional' or 'angry' alien race so much as one that's developed and evolved beyond what they were 'supposed' to be. Once useful for serving their 'home planet' highly evolved and intelligent inhabitants... a triggered event brings them to become an incredible menace.

Anyway... I'd love to private message you guys the pitch because the idea is that if I put it here, I don't want to discourage someone else from putting up their own alien race or menace idea. I don't want people who've joined the RP but might not like the idea to decide to leave it or (someone else not to join it...) on account of not liking the idea for this race.

For that reason... I'm going to PM both of the GMs first... and if they like it then I am more than happy to come back here and paste the pitch :)

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

LamentingQuill

Before anyone gets excited, Kristen gave me a message saying you she has withdrawn her interest. She likes the story, just doesn't have the time.

insaneplots

I haven't withdrawn mine and await an answer for my initial question. otherwise if the listed characters of choice are not approved I'll go for everyone's favorite wall crawler

LamentingQuill

Quote from: insaneplots on July 31, 2013, 09:17:22 PM
Color me intrigued and curious. Huge marvel and wildstorm.

With how often they have been crossed over and there is no clear idea which verse they would belong to what are you opinions for members of Gen13 or DV8?

In particular i'm thinking Grunge, Burnout, Powerhause, frostbite or even despite being a female role's Sublime or Fairchild

I'm very intrigued by Burnout :)

Did you have a favorite?

insaneplots

Out of them all burnout, powerhause and sublime would be favorites I've even been known if the GM allows to multi character play.

Out the those three I could see sublime having fun with taking out the aliens. She's similar in power set to Shadow cat in that she phase shifts her density, but she has the power to reverse the shift to not only reduce and phase threw but increase becoming diamond hard. In that form she is physically near indestructible,

And powerhause would have Synergy with Hulk. He's an empathic syphon he feeds on emotional energy like rage, anxiety... ect. he then converts that emotional energy into mass growing so when hulk.. gets mad powerhause gets a bash buddy that keeps him big and able to smash.

And Burnout would be more for flavor his power set is similar to the human torch but his personality is a bit more mellow, rocker type.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 04:18:01 PM
Out of them all burnout, powerhause and sublime would be favorites I've even been known if the GM allows to multi character play.

Out the those three I could see sublime having fun with taking out the aliens. She's similar in power set to Shadow cat in that she phase shifts her density, but she has the power to reverse the shift to not only reduce and phase threw but increase becoming diamond hard. In that form she is physically near indestructible,

And powerhause would have Synergy with Hulk. He's an empathic syphon he feeds on emotional energy like rage, anxiety... ect. he then converts that emotional energy into mass growing so when hulk.. gets mad powerhause gets a bash buddy that keeps him big and able to smash.

And Burnout would be more for flavor his power set is similar to the human torch but his personality is a bit more mellow, rocker type.

We will go with Burnout, he avoids the over powered risk the most.

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 04:18:01 PM

Not to burst your bubble, but the Sublime you're talking about is a DC hero :P Wildstorm is a DC brand.

As of right now, I'm inclined to say we should stick to Earth-616 and Earth-199999 characters, which are the mainstream and movie verses of marvel

Powerhouse you could play if you wanted

Burnout is as far as I remember DC too

Quote from: insaneplots on August 03, 2013, 10:00:55 PM
I haven't withdrawn mine and await an answer for my initial question. otherwise if the listed characters of choice are not approved I'll go for everyone's favorite wall crawler

The wall crawler though is available :D and as Tony, I could give you the Iron Spidey suit

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 04, 2013, 04:28:05 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but the Sublime you're talking about is a DC hero :P Wildstorm is a DC brand.

As of right now, I'm inclined to say we should stick to Earth-616 and Earth-199999 characters, which are the mainstream and movie verses of marvel

Powerhouse you could play if you wanted

Burnout is as far as I remember DC too

The wall crawler though is available :D and as Tony, I could give you the Iron Spidey suit

This is why Dane is my Marvel expert ^.^

insaneplots

That was why I asked first and for most before say I want to play as; cause wildstorm long ago before being bought and owned by DC has on numerous occasions did crossover both DC and Marvel I have the Gen-13 Fantastic four cross overbook. Where we find out Queelock is a girl.

However, allowing one character from a Comic while denying another from the same sounds a bit off. both powerhaus(hector Morales) and Sublime (Rachel Goldman) were from DV8 originally. There recent incarnations from the new 52 i haven't read up on.

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:12:42 PM
That was why I asked first and for most before say I want to play as; cause wildstorm long ago before being bought and owned by DC has on numerous occasions did crossover both DC and Marvel I have the Gen-13 Fantastic four cross overbook. Where we find out Queelock is a girl.

However, allowing one character from a Comic while denying another from the same sounds a bit off. both powerhaus(hector Morales) and Sublime (Rachel Goldman) were from DV8 originally. There recent incarnations from the new 52 i haven't read up on.

Ahh, that powerhaus >.< I gotta reread those comics at some point! Anyway! got plenty of other characters to pick from... if you want to, I could really use both a Dr. Strange, a Spider-Man, Professor Xavier, Namor and Mr. Fantastic >.< I need more scientific people

LamentingQuill

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on August 04, 2013, 05:24:48 PM
Ahh, that powerhaus >.< I gotta reread those comics at some point! Anyway! got plenty of other characters to pick from... if you want to, I could really use both a Dr. Strange, a Spider-Man, Professor Xavier, Namor and Mr. Fantastic >.< I need more scientific people

You've got Sailor Mercury, don't forget her ;)

Wajin

Quote from: LamentingQuill on August 04, 2013, 05:31:03 PM
You've got Sailor Mercury, don't forget her ;)

Okay, okay, I'll say it... I need more of Stark's friends <.<

insaneplots

LamentingQuill

LamentingQuill

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
you mean the illuminati.

doesn't have to be Illuminati <.< the obvious choice, but it doesn't have to be.... but Illuminati would be nice

insaneplots

I think just to make it easier spiderman. The animated ultimate version where he has shield tech and has use the iron spider armor.

Wajin

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:43:34 PM
I think just to make it easier spiderman. The animated ultimate version where he has shield tech and has use the iron spider armor.

I'll allow it since he's used the same tech in 616, and I'm pretty sure I like the Animated Ultimate than I like the current comic storyline <.<

insaneplots

I would watch it if you can. Lot of breaking the 4th wall and chibi-ish humor. My favorite line was from the spiderpig episode.

Thor: "For asgard... For ham!!" While protecting spiderman turned into spiderpig by a cursed hotdog given to him by loki.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: insaneplots on August 04, 2013, 05:43:34 PM

Alright, dear. I will write you down as Spiderman.

LamentingQuill

Marie Reynolds

Sorry I have been quite, I have been putting out fires caused by my Personal Star Scream aka Navy Federal. I am still interested and I hope to have my character sheet done eventually.