Homeowner forcloses Bank of America Branch. (Bwahahahaahaha)

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 06, 2011, 07:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110606/us_time/httpmoneylandtimecom20110606homeownerforeclosesonbankofamericayesyouheardthatrightxidrssfullnationyahoo

In the 'so silly it has to be true' category, this homeowner forclosed on a branch of the Bank of America after they tried to take his home (He'd paid for it in full) and when he took them to court they ducked out on court costs.

ReijiTabibito

O_O  Wow.  This is something unexpected.

Speaking of banks and the financial establishment and all that...has anyone here ever read The Creature From Jekyll Island?  And no, it's not a horror story...well, not in the traditional sense, anyway.

Callie Del Noire

What I find interesting is if a HOMEOWNER failed to cough up to 5k in lawyers fees, they (Bank of America) would have slapped a debtor's lien on their home and taken it in nothing flat. Failed channels of communications or not.

elone

I just read this. Unbelievable. I have know for years how bad B of A is and have nothing to do with them.

One interesting things in that story is in the comments. One person wrote that the government set up a bank to pay banking losses on foreclosures. Is that true? Does anyone know that? If so, it is no wonder that the banks will not restructure loans or lower the principle for people who are underwater. It is a win win for the banks.

Currently they are raking in the bucks and paying about nothing in interest. Just take a look at how fast they were able to pay back the bailout money. I doubt they even needed to be bailed out in the first place. But what do I know, I am just a sucker taxpayer.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Ironwolf85

that is freaking helarious
thing is banks actually operate on how much people trust them with their money, basic law of finance right there stretching all the way back to the first banks of the rennasance.
that trust is being eaten away every time somthing stupid like this happens, they lose customers, revinue, and so on.
I like my credit union just fine and so do most people as we all own a share of it, it stays more honest, and that means it is getting more customers while other banks are closing around it. to tell the truth most of the big international banks have all packed up and gone home the locals don't trust them, don't like them, and don't deal with them.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

TheGlyphstone

Just had to laugh at:
Similarly, while one or even several of the Nyerges' efforts to get B of A to pay the court judgment might have gone to the defunct lawyer's office, the Nyerges say they actually submitted their pleas directly to the bank, multiple times, to no avail: "I talked to branch managers, I called anyone who would listen to me," the couple told the Naples News. "And I wrote a certified letter to the president (of the bank). No response, nothing." [(See the Top 9 Successful Ex-Playboy Bunnies]

Randomest. 'Related news' link. ever.