News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Quote from: Nazz on July 04, 2012, 01:35:22 AM
I thought the whole point of barrier was to give more turret diving power, especially since it's really only used for the ARAM-built map. No one was complaining about it in the past few matches I've played, at least...

I just have a big problem with champions who can tower dive with little to no consequence.  This spell will turn bad tower diving champions into decent ones and effective tower divers into pains in the ass.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 04, 2012, 11:43:49 AM
Man, I try to give Riot the benefit of the doubt and look what happens...

He doesn't seem that interesting to me anyway.  They'll have 100 champions when they release him.  Maybe they should start expanding other parts of the game rather than just releasing a champion every 2 weeks.

Shjade

He doesn't seem particularly interesting, but he seems very damn strong. His kit has excellent synergy for mobility, damage and control. Healing is practically the only thing he lacks.

Why hello there, Power Creep.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 04, 2012, 12:39:47 PM
He doesn't seem particularly interesting, but he seems very damn strong. His kit has excellent synergy for mobility, damage and control. Healing is practically the only thing he lacks.

Why hello there, Power Creep.

The only reason I can see him being so annoying is because he can adapt to situations better than most champions because if he's having trouble with a ranged champion harassing him, he can just cannon harass back.  If that's not the case, he can move in close with his hammer.

Shjade

In melee form he has boosted AR/MR, an AE slowing gap-closer, ongoing AE damage around himself, a knockback that also does %max health magic damage; in ranged form he has an AE ranged attack that scales extremely well with AD (1.2 ratio) and has considerable range through the damage/speed boosting gate and a pretty damn good attack steroid (130% damage, maximum attack speed - 2.5 attacks per second for 3 attacks).

The steroid can also be used with his melee attacks, and switching from cannon to hammer form gives him a mini-Ghost speed boost, meaning you can gate, fire your super-long shot, activate your steroid, change to hammer form, run through the gate with your ult speed boost, close the gap in hammer form unloading the magic-boosted hit you get from switching to hammer form (it adds a fair amount of magic damage to your next hammer attack), unload 3 attacks in a little over 1 second at 130% of your AD while your AE lightning field tacks on some extra damage, run in front of your slowed target and slam them back for even more massive damage, switch back to cannon form and nuke them while you chase.

This guy is going to be the source of many tears.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 04, 2012, 01:13:09 PM
In melee form he has boosted AR/MR, an AE slowing gap-closer, ongoing AE damage around himself, a knockback that also does %max health magic damage; in ranged form he has an AE ranged attack that scales extremely well with AD (1.2 ratio) and has considerable range through the damage/speed boosting gate and a pretty damn good attack steroid (130% damage, maximum attack speed - 2.5 attacks per second for 3 attacks).

The steroid can also be used with his melee attacks, and switching from cannon to hammer form gives him a mini-Ghost speed boost, meaning you can gate, fire your super-long shot, activate your steroid, change to hammer form, run through the gate with your ult speed boost, close the gap in hammer form unloading the magic-boosted hit you get from switching to hammer form (it adds a fair amount of magic damage to your next hammer attack), unload 3 attacks in a little over 1 second at 130% of your AD while your AE lightning field tacks on some extra damage, run in front of your slowed target and slam them back for even more massive damage, switch back to cannon form and nuke them while you chase.

This guy is going to be the source of many tears.

You're assuming that whoever is playing him is a skilled enough player to pull all of this off and that he's level 18.  Anyone with a stun can shut him down as soon as he gets up close, causing him to run away with his own tears.  I don't really care that much about his abilities since stupid players only relying on how 'badass' he seems will still make stupid mistakes and die.

SinXAzgard21

You wont even need the speed as his q is a gap closer when in hammer form so screw running just jump like jax.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 04, 2012, 02:04:40 PM
You wont even need the speed as his q is a gap closer when in hammer form so screw running just jump like jax.

It's a double edged sword.  You can now unload upon your prey, but now you're in point-blank range of whatever they want to throw back.  Plus it's one way, unlike shunpo or other closers that work as an escape (as far as I have seen).

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 04, 2012, 02:12:36 PM
It's a double edged sword.  You can now unload upon your prey, but now you're in point-blank range of whatever they want to throw back.  Plus it's one way, unlike shunpo or other closers that work as an escape (as far as I have seen).

With the extra armor and MR.  He is going to be like another garren or shyvana where you build tanky and puch them in the face, save for when he is scared can run off and shoot you.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 04, 2012, 02:15:12 PM
With the extra armor and MR.  He is going to be like another garren or shyvana where you build tanky and puch them in the face, save for when he is scared can run off and shoot you.

Unless we're talking massive amounts of armor and MR from his abilities, I don't think it's going to be that big of an issue.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 04, 2012, 02:22:13 PM
Unless we're talking massive amounts of armor and MR from his abilities, I don't think it's going to be that big of an issue.

He is going to be a solo top so people will be stacking armor and MR.

ofDelusions

I'll just say that every single champion has been met with massive cries of OP/UP (usually OP)  when they are released. People really should give it atleast two weeks before judging the balance of new champ.

Ryven

Quote from: ofDelusions on July 04, 2012, 02:37:03 PM
I'll just say that every single champion has been met with massive cries of OP/UP (usually OP)  when they are released. People really should give it atleast two weeks before judging the balance of new champ.

That's pretty much my point.  If their record is anything to go off of, they'll most likely nerf him into oblivion after the outcry of OPness.

ofDelusions

That said he does look rather strong, his E does 20% of targets max health at max rank, so he can definately build tanky while maintaining damage. I think people will build metagolem on him a lot.

SinXAzgard21

There is no two weeks about this, people who have played him said he OP.

ofDelusions

People who played Fiora when she came out said she was OP. Might be he is OP, but I'll wait atleast.

Cybrewaste

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 04, 2012, 03:12:09 PM
There is no two weeks about this, people who have played him said he OP.

There's a difference between OP and 'I don't understand how to counter this champion'. Once people find an item build/champions that are strong against him, the cries of 'OP' usually die down.

Which is why you need to give it some time (Two weeks) to work out these counters.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Shjade

Quote from: ofDelusions on July 04, 2012, 02:37:03 PM

That's true, but I'm usually one of the people pointing out weaknesses in champions to disprove the notion that they're OP or ideas on how to capitalize on their strengths when people say they're UP (I liked Viktor on release, for instance, and didn't understand why everyone seemed to think he was UP just because his shield returned slowly). This guy looks...over the top to me, just in terms of kit synergy and power.
◕/◕'s

Darkcide

Ok, here's a huge pet peeve of mine. Mooks that abandon team fights to chase kills and screw their team in the process. Am I right?

The Golden Touch

Depends on the ratio of team to team. Honestly, I can hold my own against two, maybe three if I try. If you can kill another player, I don't see a problem with it. I want them dead so we can press turrets.

Ace. 'Nuff said.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Darkcide on July 07, 2012, 12:56:52 PM
Ok, here's a huge pet peeve of mine. Mooks that abandon team fights to chase kills and screw their team in the process. Am I right?

well if it is a team fight and people are running away... you sorta don't want them popping out behind you.  So if the carry is running I want him chased, if it is the support (sona or soraka) i want them chased.  Anyone else just leave them.

Darkcide

Even if it is the carry, chasing one kill and leaving your team behind is dumb. Especially since people will spend a good minute or so chasing and it is always two people trying to dog pile on said kill. I main Cass and Leblanc.

I had an example of this last night. Shen and Garen went to chase after a low health varus. I was Cass, and they left behind me vayne and Kayle against a Malphite, Rammus, Warwick and Vlad. I believe in securing kills, but I'm not going to leave everyone else behind to get beat on for one kill. Doesn't balance out.

SinXAzgard21

So you ended up 3v4, did you win the fight?

The Golden Touch

If your tanks are ridiculous enough to leave behind the rest of the team, then yes- that sucks. On the other hand, when people actually know that, 'Hey, have the ranged person chasing them would be smarter than the tanky types...' It works much better.

Unfortunately, you got saddled with those that don't get the mechanics of a team fight. Focus the burst/carry types.

-Shrug-

I always find that I don't rely on a team due to this fact, and when it is... If I can kill them, great. If I cannot, I can sure as hell chase some fuckers back.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences