The Order of the Silver Rose D&D 3.5 or freeform interest check.

Started by grovercjuk, May 31, 2012, 03:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

I am hoping to be back on E for a reasonably long while... if you'd consider accepting me into the group, I'd appreciate the opportunity.  I could play either half of a pair; I can see playing either:
a) A socially naieve, sheltered dreamer who has devoted much of her life-- and mind-- to the study of magic, to the point that she is aloof, a little disconcerting, childishly lacking self-control, and perhaps a little exotic.
b) One too young to be so hard-hearted, she is a 'reformed' thief whose penance involves servitude to the Order.  She seems to spite the mages in some fashion-- perhaps out of jealousy-- but secretly she loves them like her brothers and sisters... perhaps even more.

It looks like we need more of type B than type A at this point-- if accepted, I'd be glad to work with the DM on concept and background.  Thanks!

grovercjuk

Quote from: Muse on June 05, 2012, 06:52:55 PM
Grover, were you expecting Wizards for the Magi?  Or will a sorceress work?

Any Magical class, Wizard, Sorceress, Cleric, Druid or combination is fine, just as for Guardians any none-magical class is permitted.

grovercjuk

Quote from: Ixy on June 05, 2012, 08:57:42 PM
I am hoping to be back on E for a reasonably long while... if you'd consider accepting me into the group, I'd appreciate the opportunity.  I could play either half of a pair; I can see playing either:
a) A socially naieve, sheltered dreamer who has devoted much of her life-- and mind-- to the study of magic, to the point that she is aloof, a little disconcerting, childishly lacking self-control, and perhaps a little exotic.
b) One too young to be so hard-hearted, she is a 'reformed' thief whose penance involves servitude to the Order.  She seems to spite the mages in some fashion-- perhaps out of jealousy-- but secretly she loves them like her brothers and sisters... perhaps even more.

It looks like we need more of type B than type A at this point-- if accepted, I'd be glad to work with the DM on concept and background.  Thanks!

All are welcome. :)

Muse

*Chuckles*  I thought we guardians were specifically trained as fighter-rogues.  I might do a little alteration... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Twelve years ago, Aurin Alazar and the lady mage Sioban Marten aided a city besieged by hobgoblins and fiends.  In the seventeenth day of the siege Aurin, injured and fatigued, confronted the balor leading the beasts on the north bridge.  Wwith a blade laboriously bespelled by Sioban, he plunged into the demon's fiery aura and drove the blade into its heart. 
   He died in the resulting conflagration, saving Sioban and the city, and leaving his son Marco with a very big set of shoes to fill. 
   Raised by his instructors in the Order of the Silver Rose, he accepted their teachings and took emotional solace in his father's heroism and the thought that he, too, might be a mighty guardian one day. 
   As he grew towards his full height, Master Armond ended his instruction in athleticism and combat and put him to work at a smithy.  He was heartbroken at the thought he must have failed in his studies.  After a few days of despair, he dedicated himself to the discipline of the forge in hopes of restoring himself in his teacher's eyes.  In pumping bellows and hammering iron, he found discipline and serenity he'd lacked.  He also gained great strength. 
   A year later, he was given his father's first sword and taught to use it, then was assigned to the defense of a beautiful sorceress... 

Age   19
Height   6'3" 
Weight   222lbs

Skin   Bronze
Hair:   Black
Eyes:   Grey

Race:  Human
Class:  Fighter 2

Strength   16 +3
Dexterity   10 +1
Constitution   16 +3
Intelligence   12 +2
Wisdom   10 +0
Charisma   12 +1

Hit Points   26

Armor Class:   18   (Heavy Steel Shield +2   Breastplate +5   Dexterity +1)

Fortitude   3   +3   =d20+6
Reflex      0   +0   =d20+0
Will      0   +0   =d20+0

Base Attack   +2
--Melee   +5
--Missile   +2

Masterwork Bastard Sword
--TAB      +7
--Damage   d10+3
--Critical   19X2

Composite Shortbow (+3 Strength)
--Tab      +2
--Damage   d6+3
--Critical   20X3
--Range   70'
--Amo      20

Dagger

Feats: 
--Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword
--Power Attack
----Cleave
--Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword

Skills:
Climb      5 +3 +0 -4   =d20+4
Craft: Smith   5 +1 +0 +0   =d20+6
Jump      5 +3 +0 -10   =d20-2
Ride      5 +0 +0 +0   =d20+5

Magical Items: 
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Potion of Neutralize Poison

Gear: 
Backpack
Bedroll and Winter Blanket
Explorer's OutfitX2
Flint and Steel
Soap
Sun Rods X5
Tinder Twig X4

Gold   20.5

Gold   1
Silver   5
Copper   10
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

swordwind

avorae

I'll try to have my character up either tonight or tomorrow..
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Ixy

Rough character sketch, adding in what I said earlier about character B.  Thoughts, suggestions?  Does anyone want to volunteer to be paired up with this Guardian?
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=408765

swordwind

Name: Hextehe
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: Fighter 2nd
HP 27(7) 34
INIT +6 (+2 Dex +4 Feat)
AC 26 (+5 Natural +5 Armor +4 Shield +2 Dex)

Abilities
STR 18
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 12

Saves:

FORT 5(1)
REF 5
WILL 0

Attack:

Spear +6:     1d8+4
Or Spear +8:  1d8+6
Or Claw +6/6 1d4+4 with Bite 1d4+2

Feats:
Weapon Focus (Spear)
Improved Init
Power Attack

Skills: Balance (Dex), +9
Climb   (Str), +4
Craft (Int),
Handle Animal (Cha),2
Intimidate (Cha), 2
Jump (Str), +11
Ride (Dex), 5
Swim (Str). +12

Gear:
Chainmail MW 300
Tower Shield 30

Backpack
Bedroll
Crowbar
Flint and steel
Pouch, Belt (Empty)
Rations Trail 10x
Rope Silk
Tent
Torch x5.
Waterskin
Whetstone
2x Antitoxin
Climbers Kit

542.17 gold used
Gold remaining ???

Background:

Born within the harsh jungles of the land Hextehe learned the laws of the land. Be stronger then it or be consumed by it. He knew nothing more until he stumbled upon civilization and found out one could tame the world and master nature. Thankfully his tribe was well known to this large village and he could learn their ways. Within a few years he was travelling outside of his known lands to places he would of never imagined.

Work an odd job here or their he earned some noteable peoples respect and was asked to come with some of them to an organization built upon exploring the unknown. Knowing that the world had a great deal to offer he went with the group and learned of a magic based organization built upon pairs of people working together. Knowing it was quite the guardian already he joined in and was paired with many of the local mages. Now with a new task ahead he knew this pairing would mean more then the others. This one was ment to last awhile. But who would it be?

Kate

Ixy

happy to be paird up with you if there is room for a super weird perverted crazy chick mage.

(Not sure if that is ok or not / or if the mage spots a filled - if ok for both tell me :)

coolhands

Teo Torriatte

I'm still trying to figure out if me and my partner jumped the gun or if everyone else is just getting a slower start.  ::)

swordwind

I think everyone is just posting when they can. Our DM seems to be very busy. The started threads are already open so I assume pairs can post when they can. Meanwhile I'm all by myself....

grovercjuk

Quote from: Kate on June 08, 2012, 03:02:19 AM
Ixy

happy to be paird up with you if there is room for a super weird perverted crazy chick mage.

(Not sure if that is ok or not / or if the mage spots a filled - if ok for both tell me :)

Certainly is room. :)
Quote from: coolhands on June 08, 2012, 07:40:22 AM
Is this game filled up or are there still open spots

There are at the moment.:) and I think Swordwind is looking for a partner.
Quote from: lunawuff on June 08, 2012, 09:55:19 AM
I'm still trying to figure out if me and my partner jumped the gun or if everyone else is just getting a slower start.  ::)

No that was the idea, each partnership can post a it's own speed, so hopefully avoiding the dread post block.

grovercjuk

When you have sorted out your characters please post them and their partner names in.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142512.0

The Darkfall thread is your posting starting point, as Lunawuff and Vanthemad have please post in the lecture room choosing your assignments so that we can all get a flavor of your characters.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: grovercjuk on June 08, 2012, 02:38:43 PM
When you have sorted out your characters please post them and their partner names in.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142512.0

The Darkfall thread is your posting starting point, as Lunawuff and Vanthemad have please post in the lecture room choosing your assignments so that we can all get a flavor of your characters.

Do you want us to post the full character sheets in there, or just their names?

grovercjuk

Quote from: lunawuff on June 08, 2012, 06:40:23 PM
Do you want us to post the full character sheets in there, or just their names?

The full sheet or a link, keeps them all handy. :)

Kate

Questions

a) can sorceresses / sorcerers get enshew materials automatically or if they drop the familiar ? (to me feels right but needs the gm to approve)

b) "reasonable starting equipment" varies wildly with classes / profession (what each consider this to be varies a lot.   Any chance of say a flat X gp to start ? I think at level 2 its 900 gp or there abouts (but at the GMs discression, a paladin etc needs more for them to be "ahh thats better" ie decent armour, decent armor for the horse .. shield, lance, sword ... god knows what else probably a secondary pack-horse or something etc (about 1000gp?) , others would obviously spend that on what is to them worth it (who doesnt want a horse / maps ? )

(and ideally a cost over a normal heavy repeating xbow assigned to the glass-cutter ? (if starting with something like that from my background is unacceptable, I can say I lost it/ someone stole it. Or the first version 1 had a flaw I just noticed a serious flaw making it more dangerous to myself than I thought ... which needs improving (and use the glass-egg shapped flasks for mini hand grenades lol)

swordwind

*holds up a poster board attached to a stick that reads seeking partner in crime, justice adventure*

Kate

Hextehe is classless ! without ANY class at all ... so that makes him um errh ..
barbarian ? 

swordwind

grovercjuk

Quote from: Kate on June 10, 2012, 02:34:46 AM
Questions

a) can sorceresses / sorcerers get enshew materials automatically or if they drop the familiar ? (to me feels right but needs the gm to approve)

Yes you can get enshew materials  to start with.

b) "reasonable starting equipment" varies wildly with classes / profession (what each consider this to be varies a lot.   Any chance of say a flat X gp to start ? I think at level 2 its 900 gp or there abouts (but at the GMs discression, a paladin etc needs more for them to be "ahh thats better" ie decent armour, decent armor for the horse .. shield, lance, sword ... god knows what else probably a secondary pack-horse or something etc (about 1000gp?) , others would obviously spend that on what is to them worth it (who doesnt want a horse / maps ? )

If you wish to go the gp route for your char that is fine and 900gp is your allowance. But remember you are in effect working for a large organization so if you need horses and maps they will be provided, travel fares etc paid for, you get the general idea.

(and ideally a cost over a normal heavy repeating xbow assigned to the glass-cutter ? (if starting with something like that from my background is unacceptable, I can say I lost it/ someone stole it. Or the first version 1 had a flaw I just noticed a serious flaw making it more dangerous to myself than I thought ... which needs improving (and use the glass-egg shapped flasks for mini hand grenades lol)

Interesting weapon, as the intent is not for the bolt to do much damage then I feel 1D3 would be a more
appropriate level plus the effect of what ever is in the egg. Seem reasonable to you?
As for cost a repeating crossbow would cast 400 so a 50% add on for adaption so say 600gp for it?

coolhands