I'm looking for system games! [Various Systems Mentioned!]

Started by Blythe, August 22, 2016, 12:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Edit: I'm going to lock this one for now, as my group game preferences have changed significantly, and I'm intending on making a new thread to reflect my wants for groups within a few days.

If you're a GM looking for a player for any of these system games, I hope you'll consider me! Right now, my posting speed is pretty good; I'm posting around a couple of times a week for games (Note: I am not looking for a GM to GM a solo game for me; I would rather be in a group game, so I am looking for GMs who want to run/are running groups! I do not wish to GM any of these myself--I would like to be a player.)

If you're someone who'd be interested in playing alongside me in the below systems I've mentioned, feel free to post here. Maybe we can attract a GM! If you're an interested GM, please definitely post here!  ;D

I'll list the systems I'm interested in playing in right now, my level of familiarity, and any other particulars I'd have:

GURPs 4e - Infinite Worlds (Familiarity - Low)
I'm only just now getting into GURPs, but I really like this setting. Preferably, I'd love to play a character who has the Jumper advantage. I also think it might be interesting to play a party from Centrum rather than being from Homeline. I'd need a patient GM who's willing to work with me being very new to this system, though.

The Dresden Files RPG [FATE] (Familiarity - Medium)
I'm very well-versed in the setting, but not so much the system. FATE doesn't seem too hard to grasp for me, though I admit it's mostly the magic system here is what is the hardest. I would love to be in a game that somehow deals with Nicodemus and the Fallen as adversaries. But considering I've never successfully played in a FATE game yet, assume my familiarity is not as good as it could be.

Vampire: the Masquerade (V20 Dark Ages!) (Familiarity - High)
Hypothetically, I could actually co-GM something like this. If someone would come up with the story, I can easily do mechanics, but ideally I'd love to be a player. I definitely don't want to be a 'main' GM. I'd absolutely love to play something set in dark medieval Italy (Tuscany would be a great), Transylvania, or the Principalities of Rus. I really would adore it if such a game would allow me to play a Tzimisce, but really, I'd happily play any Clan. Needs to be the V20 version, though, sorry!

Hunter: The Reckoning (Familiarity - Medium)
I've really been jonesing to play a game of this on E. Personally, I'd like to play as an Avenger or, alternately if a GM will allow it, a Hermit. Preferably set in a small town of some sort, and I'd like it if all the PCs know each other in some way. Anyways, my familiarity is decent enough with this. I would want a very dark game, though, a game where non-humans are quite monstrous and where a Hunter's faith gets challenged. Bonus points if you, as the GM, let me play a Hunter who has the True Faith merit!

(Note: I am interested in a lot of systems generally, but I don't have any direction on what I want from them. Specifically, I also have some interest in Scion, JAGS Wonderland, & Chuubos right now as well. I don't list any ideas for what I'd want to play in them because I'd need serious GM guidance for these)

Rook Seidhr

I'd love to play DFRPG, V20DA or Chuubo's. Let us join our efforts to summon a GM!

Kythia

I've kept returning to this thread.  If you guys don't mind me DMing for you again, I could quite happily run a DA game set in Transylvania.  I'll understand if you don't want me though.

Blythe

I'd be very open to that! (I won't be around much until Sunday, though. >_>; )

Kythia

Me neither.  Three day weekend over here, Monday is a public holiday.  Going camping  :-(.

I'll throw something together and you can see what you think.

Kythia

OK.

The (hypothetical at this stage) game would take place in a small, as yet unnamed, town in Transylvania.  None of your characters are from there, you've travelled there the night before game start.

The borders between princedoms in Transyylvania are not well defined.  Princes claim as much land as they can hold.  The town sits in something of a conflicted border.  Daecaneus is an old and well-respected Tzimisce, a Dacian.  Hafza is a young but low-gen Turkish Tzimisce.  Traditionally the town existed in Daecaneus' realm, but right on the edge.  Hafza has emerged recently and is claiming control of the area.

The clan as a whole supports Daecaneus, but what the clan actually supports is stability.  The war with the Tremere is underway and the clan wants to ensure there aren't gaps in its control.  Your characters - who may or may not be Tzimisce but aren't Tremere - are there to ensure that happens.

Is that something that might interest people?

Blythe

I'd be quite interested in that, personally, 'specially because I'd get a chance to play a Tzimisce. ;D

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Blythe

Excited to see other people interested in playing and a possible GM!  :-)

Rook Seidhr

I'm interested but I'm kind of dithering whether I have time/energy for it…

Kythia

I'll promote this over to an actual sign up thread some time today or tomorrow.

Kythia

Blythe

Added another system I want to play to the first post - Hunter: the Reckoning!  Updated info about my posting rate as well. :-)

Also re-looking for a V20 Dark Ages game; the last search didn't quite pan out, so that one's back on the list!

AndyZ

At some point, most likely when I'm not hip deep in Dog's Quest like I am now, I may have to consider running a Hunter the Reckoning game again.  Granted, when I run it, it's not simple and well-known antagonists like vampires and werewolves.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Still on the lookout to play in any of the systems listed in the above post as a player, and it's been over a month, so bump!