News:

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenknight

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
That's just it, the Many-Faced God isn't the god of assassins, he's the god of death. (And what do we say to the god of death?) He is apparently very important in the religion as it seems one does not reach the afterlife but by the ministrations of his chosen.  If he directs them to bring a person to him early, who are mortals to deny the him his due?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Stella

Quote from: Oniya on May 31, 2016, 06:58:32 PM
I don't watch the series or read the books, but it's interesting to note that

bran is the Welsh word for 'raven'.

I kind of doubt that this is a coincidence.

I didn't know that! That's awesome, and agreed: that cannot be a coincidence!

Aiden

Quote from: greenknight on May 31, 2016, 09:04:12 PM
That's just it, the Many-Faced God isn't the god of assassins, he's the god of death. (And what do we say to the god of death?) He is apparently very important in the religion as it seems one does not reach the afterlife but by the ministrations of his chosen.  If he directs them to bring a person to him early, who are mortals to deny the him his due?

On that note, what if this was "deaths" plan for her alll along?

Beorning

Quote from: Aiden on May 31, 2016, 09:03:06 PM
Bravos was founded by slaves, all freed from the first slave who was taught to give the gift to the Masters.

Considering Bravos is one of the biggest cities, the Masters of the other cities can't really do shit about it.

True, but Braavos is a normal, civilized society at this point. Wouldn't a functional society reject a religion that is so disruptive? The Faceless Men kill all kinds of people, even in Braavos...

Aiden

Not when it was founded by it. The faceless kill those who pay but I never saw it was countless people. They are basically a hospice with some assassins.

Aiden

After watching the last episode...

Clegane bowl!! Get hyped!!

Ariel

That episode though!!

There's a lot of speculation that Jaqen disguised himself as Arya to see if the Waif would obey his order to mercifully kill Arya. This is all based on the way Arya was walking (hands behind her back, like Jaqen) and the absence of her "Needle" (which she should obviously carry around at all times). Here's an article with some amazing theories about Arya, Jaqen, and the Waif, but I still personally like the "Jaqen is Arya" idea best.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Aiden

Ariel

THAT EPISODE THOUGH.

Don't click the spoiler if you haven't watched the episode to the end.

HE'S FINALLY DEAD. FINALLY. AND BY THE HANDS OF MY DARLING GIRL I'M SO GLAD OMG
Not accepting new RPs

sree

A man waited a long time for that.
I cant fix all your problems, but I can promise you won't have to face them alone.

My O&O

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Aiden

i bet you Sansa is pregnant

Stella

Revelation

Got to admit i'm not... really happy with the episode as a whole. From
Battle 'tactics'
Sansa sending her brother, the wildlings, and what few houses were loyal still into a slaughter house
to not even giving Wun Wun a damn weapon. he was golfing with Wights in hardhome using a log. Couldn't even chop down a tree to give him a big fuckin club or just gather some big rocks he could lob?

The action was decent enough, and the cinematography wonderful though.

Aiden

You are in the minority, at least when compared to people discussing this at the Got and Asioaf subreddits.

Revelation

Quote from: Aiden on June 20, 2016, 03:46:29 AM
You are in the minority, at least when compared to people discussing this at the Got and Asioaf subreddits.

Most of my issues lay with the Sansa stuff and well - c'mon. Couldn't they at least use the Giant like it was a giant? I don't think the bolton shield wall coulda been an issue if Wun Wun was going clubbing.

Probably the best episode of the season, though. It was a good ep with issues I take up with it.

Formless

I'm rather interested in how he'll die in the books now. Since certain characters were not supposed to be in that battlefield.

Remiel

A pretty epic episode, I thought.  Here's my only complaint:

Jon couldn't have waited until the knights of the Vale got there to begin the attack?  Did Sansa even know they were coming?

Revelation

Quote from: Remiel on June 20, 2016, 01:47:11 PM

Jon couldn't have waited until the knights of the Vale got there to begin the attack?  Did Sansa even know they were coming?

Battle stuff
Sansa seemed to know or at least guess they were coming given that she had written the letter to LF. She didn't tell Jon. At all.

greenknight

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 20, 2016, 02:13:11 PM
Quote from: Remiel on June 20, 2016, 01:47:11 PM

Battle stuff
Sansa seemed to know or at least guess they were coming given that she had written the letter to LF. She didn't tell Jon. At all.
Jon knew. He was talking about outflanking in the council and Davos made the point that they had to lure in the Boltons. Jon just mucked up the plan when he fell for Ramsey's gambit with Rickon, broke ranks, and his army followed.

Just like Sansa said.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Revelation

Quote from: greenknight on June 20, 2016, 02:51:45 PM
Battle stuff
Jon knew. He was talking about outflanking in the council and Davos made the point that they had to lure in the Boltons. Jon just mucked up the plan when he fell for Ramsey's gambit with Rickon, broke ranks, and his army followed.

Just like Sansa said.

Battle stuff
They were talking about outflanking because they didn't want to get flanked by Bolton cavalry. Sansa deliberately withheld information about the vale knights to Jon. And/or he had no scouts which could have detected a huge cavalry regiment hours away from them. I'm 100% positive Sansa told Jon nothing about the vale knights

greenknight

for the pilots
Did the dragons just find some awesome thermals over the bay or were they frickin' hovering in ground effect!?!?!?

Formless

Quote from: greenknight on June 20, 2016, 02:51:45 PM
Battle stuff

Just like Sansa said.

Does this mean Baelish is in good terms with the Freys? How else did he manage to bring that army into the battlefield?

greenknight

Quote from: Formless on June 20, 2016, 03:36:31 PM
Does this mean Baelish is in good terms with the Freys? How else did he manage to bring that army into the battlefield?
That or he sailed them from Baelish Keep in The Fingers to White Harbor or somesuch.