Favorite Not-Dirty Word

Started by Star Safyre, July 20, 2012, 10:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Safyre

I think we all find ourselves in situations where the most natural of reactions is too great for the ears around us.  So sometimes you need to censor yourself.

My phrases of choice when I need to remain somewhat professional around little ears are:

"Oh... expletives!"
"Uh!  Profanity!  Lots of profanity!"
"Sugar ants!"
"Piece of work machine!"
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Silverfyre

"Prophylactic!"
"Toaster Tacos!"
"By the beard of Obi-Wan!"

Shjade

"So that just happened." (Alternatively: "Or that could happen," depending on which suits the context of events better.)
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Beguile's Mistress

"Now, isn't that special?"  Try it sounding like the Church Lady from SNL. ;D

Kuroneko

"I'm just saying"
"Has anyone seen Gloria Estefan lately?"
"Mother pus bucket"
"Gorramit"

But, I really like your "Profanity!  Lots and lots of profanity!" Star.  I'm going to remember that one. ;-)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Hemingway

Well, since English isn't my native language, I'll have to translate. But some of them don't really translate very well.

If I hurt myself ( I can sometimes be a little dramatic. ):

"Pain! Indescribable pain!"
"Why!?" or "Why me!?"

The one I generally use to express annoyance or frustration is ... well, it's basically the color black, in adjective form. Normally - that is if I don't have to censor myself - I'll add a "hell" at the end.

Oniya

BSG fans will get this one:

Frak.

It amuses me to no end to see it used with regards to toxic and environmentally harmful drilling practices.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ryven

"Like ya do..."
"Farfegnugens!!"
"That just happened."

HairyHeretic

I swear in Klingon. It's a wonderful language for swearing, really lets you get oomph into the words, and no one is likely to take offense unless you translate for them. :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 20, 2012, 05:04:31 PM
I swear in Klingon. It's a wonderful language for swearing, really lets you get oomph into the words, and no one is likely to take offense unless you translate for them. :)

Cripes, you can order lunch in Klingon and people will think you're swearing!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on July 20, 2012, 04:13:33 PM
BSG fans will get this one:

Frak.

It amuses me to no end to see it used with regards to toxic and environmentally harmful drilling practices.

I use that one. too ♥ Only a true nerd uses such a dirty word, eh?
I also use 'fork', and I've used it so much, it basically replaced the more dirty word.

The rest of the cursewords I use are mangled up Dutch curses, so I think I can't really entertain you with those, sorry.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 20, 2012, 05:04:31 PM

I have envy written all over my face, right now.

gaggedLouise

Having gone all the way to Moscow, with the Tsar and his army retreating before him, Napoleon is supposed to have exclaimed this when he got word that the city around him was burning, set alight by the Russians themselves:

"What an astonishing decision! This is one that couldn't be calculated!"

I read the story of Napoleon's great army in a book Episodes from History when I was a little kid, and ever since I've been using that sort of half-detached line - "This is one that couldn't be calculated!" as a stock comment either, in irony, for things that you could obviously see coming long before they happened, or for when something totally unexpected does happen.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Iniquitous

Frickin frak!
Sons of a biscuit eater!
Farfignugen! (seems Ryven and I use the same word!)
Shimmy!
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

TheGlyphstone

When I'm annoyed with someone, I tell them to go defenestrate themselves.

Beguile's Mistress

Rattsafrakkinpackaluber!!!!!

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Oniya on July 20, 2012, 06:44:54 PM
Cripes, you can order lunch in Klingon and people will think you're swearing!

No self respecting Klingon lunch is simply going to obey orders. You have to beat it into submission first :) Klingons conquer all that they desire ... including lunch. Why else would it be served live?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

TheGlyphstone

Klingons eat sushi in Hard Mode.

Geeklet

Sonuvacrap.

Also, I tend to say 'shiza' more than I should (still technically a dirty word, just not in english).

Oniya

Quote from: Geeklet on July 23, 2012, 12:58:07 PM
Sonuvacrap.

Also, I tend to say 'shiza' more than I should (still technically a dirty word, just not in english).

A German friend of mine once told me that she used 'Scheibenhonig' (lit. 'slice of honey') in place of Scheiss (lit. - well, you know.)

Auron

Impetuous.

Its fun to watch them try and figure it out. (Most people I would say this to aren't very bright)

Oniya

Is that like telling them their S.O. is 'pulchritudinous' and letting them 'make' you take it back?

Auron

Haha, yes. It is along those likes.

"Your mother is a descendant of simians and higher cognitive brain functions."

Galactic Druid

I say this entirely too often at work. Please bear in mind I work with fire.

"Gaaaaah! Mother of Pearl!!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!