The Devil's Desires

Started by Devil's Advocate, September 10, 2013, 03:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

I have to admit that I am not usually one that prefers one on ones but I have been having a bit of a craving for doing something with talented writers.  Grammar and detail are important to me.  I do not require paragraphs on a response.  Sometimes a single sentence is an appropriate response.  However, I do like to create characters, worlds and places that feel real.  I welcome ideas of others for one on ones or group games/writings.  Please use my on and offs as a guideline but not hard and fast rules as to my writing desires.

However, here are some of ideas that were ruminating in my brain:

What is real?

A man goes to a hypnotist to assist with a routine problem: weight gain, smoking, whatever.  When he wakes up, he looks around and finds that he is no longer male.  He is female.  The surroundings are unfamiliar and the last memory that he/she has is walking into a hypnotist's office.  Was that a dream?  Or is this a dream?  What is real?  And how does he/she get his/her life back? 

The Dilemma

He has it all: a great job, 2.5 kids, a loving wife, a great house, school district and car.  Yet, somehow, something is missing.  Life is somehow incomplete.  Either in a random encounter or at work, he develops a friendship with another woman and realizes that he has feelings for her, as well.  Does he tell her?  What does this mean for him or his family?  He still loves and appreciates what he has but could she supplement it or would she ruin his life?  What should he do?

The Underground Railroad

Are you into historical fiction?  So am I!  Set in the civil war, Daniel Goodson is a member of the Underground Railroad.  However, what his contacts do not know is that he is somewhat of a double agent.  He would take some of the rescued slaves and sell those that were able bodied back into slavery to make money for a dowry for marriage, should he ever find a suitable woman.  His new contact is a rather attractive Southern belle with more noble ambitions....  The two end up having several meetings, attraction building....  What happens from there is anyone's guess.  :)

No Room

Humanity has had solved many of its problems and has formed one unified government.  Unfortunately, terraforming worlds and planets has not been successful to date.  Without anywhere to expand, the world's population voted to enact a law which regulated the conceiving of children to control the world's population and conserve the planet's resources.  Applications must be completed to have children and only about half of the families on the planet are allowed to have one child.  In no case are families allowed to have two children.  The penalty for having more than one child is the execution of the entire family unit.  Despite this threat, families have taken this risk and there are rumors that these families survive and thrive somewhere.  The second child of our family has been born.  Time to run and hide.  :)

Time for a Change

You/we live in a future society where people are given the ability to go back in time and return once. Apparently further movements through time would cause cellular degradation and the traveler to die. This society also has found that time is like a rushing river. Big historical events cannot be changed. However, small things that would not effect the time continuum could be changed. You/we decide to go back in time. Would you change anything intentionally? Perhaps you change something unintentionally. If so, what and why? Do you dare live with the ramifications of any change that you make? You're given a watch that gives you a mere 24 hours to do whatever it is in the past and it will automatically return you to the future at the end of that 24 hours. What will you return to? What will your life and the world now be like? Time for a change?
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

Removed AnjelRocker as a writing partner.
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's