mackehnry44

Dotley

Replaying Persona 3 FES right now  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Csharynn

Quote from: Oreo on February 19, 2017, 02:19:35 PM
I am enjoying it, but not quite as much as I enjoyed Xillia 1&2. It takes place about 500 years before Zestiria. Some of the battle system is similar. It tells the story of how the Reapers, Malakim, and Shepards came to be.
Cool!
Quote from: mackehnry44 on February 25, 2017, 12:18:03 AM
didn't read that one yet.
Oh, okay.

LittleHarlot

The Witcher 3, Tales of Symphonia, Andromeda, and my third playthrough of Skyrim.

Can anyone suggest some playstation 4 exclusive rpgs?

Galactic Druid

Horizon Zero dawn for sure, especially if you like open world stuff like Skyrim or Andromeda. Amazing game.

Imo, and it's always nice to see another Takes fan, if you can power through the intro, Berseria is the darkest, most interesting, and hands down best playing game in the Tales series.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mathim

Quote from: LittleHarlot on March 28, 2017, 03:43:34 PM
The Witcher 3, Tales of Symphonia, Andromeda, and my third playthrough of Skyrim.

Can anyone suggest some playstation 4 exclusive rpgs?

Dunno if it's your bag, but World of Final Fantasy is something I would be interested in if I had a PS4.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Mathim

Quote from: Oreo on March 28, 2017, 07:19:30 PM
I liked Dragon Quest Heroes.

Am I wrong if I conclude that of the 3 or 4 Dragon Quest games I played are basically so similar there's almost no reason to play more than one? Or did they finally start innovating the formula a bit more as time went on?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oreo

I have only played the PS4 one, so I have no idea. : /

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

LittleHarlot

Quote from: Mathim on March 28, 2017, 05:24:38 PM
Dunno if it's your bag, but World of Final Fantasy is something I would be interested in if I had a PS4.

Totally already have this, but thanks for suggesting ;)

Oreo

Man I got lazy. Been through a few games since last here. Right now I am playing Atelier Ryza 2. It's the first Atelier game I have played. I have bunch of them, but always got lost within an hour and put them back in the case.

I am enjoying the play, but wouldn't mind some tips (insert begging here).

Inkidu

Quote from: Mathim on March 28, 2017, 07:21:39 PM
Am I wrong if I conclude that of the 3 or 4 Dragon Quest games I played are basically so similar there's almost no reason to play more than one? Or did they finally start innovating the formula a bit more as time went on?
From what I understand Dragon Quest as a franchise does very little innovation, appealing to their niche of people who like their JRPGs straight out of the late 80s and 90s.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on April 18, 2021, 06:16:27 AM
From what I understand Dragon Quest as a franchise does very little innovation, appealing to their niche of people who like their JRPGs straight out of the late 80s and 90s.
*giggles* I love Dragon Quest, all of them. They've been making the battle system better with each game. BUT, I am a sucker for JRPGs. More so the newer ones that are real time play.

Revelation

Yeah, Dragon Quest isn't the series for innovation, it's definitely a 'comfort food' game where you know what you're getting in to with the series. I bought 11 but sorta fell off playing it and by the time I was interested again, the special/updated version was released and would necessitate buying the game again.

Speaking of 'Buying games again', NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is coming out next friday. (Or Saturday if you're getting it on PC). The original Nier is one of my favorite games period, so I'm super excited to see this game updated with new visuals and what sounds like new content. I strongly recommend getting it, and going in blind if you do so.

Oreo

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 18, 2021, 09:38:11 AM
Yeah, Dragon Quest isn't the series for innovation, it's definitely a 'comfort food' game where you know what you're getting in to with the series. I bought 11 but sorta fell off playing it and by the time I was interested again, the special/updated version was released and would necessitate buying the game again.

Speaking of 'Buying games again', NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is coming out next friday. (Or Saturday if you're getting it on PC). The original Nier is one of my favorite games period, so I'm super excited to see this game updated with new visuals and what sounds like new content. I strongly recommend getting it, and going in blind if you do so.
Indeed. My favorite games are FF, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, and the Tales series. I like them most because they are standard and carry over gameplay. Because of the brain fog associated with Meniere's learning new things is very difficult. That's why I was asking for a little help with the Atelier games. I am enjoying Ryza, but am a little confused about the storyline and how it works.

*cough* NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 already preordered *coughcough*

along with:
Tales of Arise
Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Digital Deluxe

Revelation

All of those are definitely good series! I'm very interested in FFXVI and will be bummed when it's inevitably a PS5 exclusive for at least a year. Already a bit irked that the FFVII remake upgrade is PS5 only with no PC release in sight, especially given that the exclusivity for the remake is over.

My personal favorite series tend to be a bit more niche. Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, and Nier. I'm kind of excited for the SMT Nocturne remaster, but at $50 that's asking a lot for a nearly 20 year old game haha. I'm also eyeing Yakuza 7 since it's a turn based JRPG and a ton of my friends love the series to absolute death. It's a soft reboot for the series so easy to get into apparently.

Never played the Atelier games, but I have looked into Ryza. Would definitely pick them up if they ever went on sale.

Oreo

I know. I am so bummed out that I can't get a ps5 because they are unavailable. Even the PS4 Pro has gone over the top expensive. I wanted to get a back up console, but dang, $700 - $1K? Not this year for sure.

I try to keep my eye on my PS+ for games on sale.

You've played Star Ocean the Last Hope? >_> How do I beat the Ethereal Queen? LOL She is one mean lady.

Revelation

Ah, yeah. There's this parts shortage that is affecting a lot of production areas, from gaming consoles to computer parts. Add in the current climate and then a dash of scalpers, and the market is just awful for gaming related stuff right now.  Terrible. Glad I built a new PC when I had the chance to.

Sadly the last time I played the last hope was like almost a decade ago, the name rings a bell but I don't remember how I beat that boss/the game.

Sasquatch421

Demon's Souls (PS3) messing around as a spellcaster even though the servers are shut down...

Quote from: Oreo on April 18, 2021, 10:12:47 AM
How do I beat the Ethereal Queen? LOL She is one mean lady.

Had to think a bit, but I used Sarah and Myuria as healers and shoved them totally out of the way like in opposite corners and set them both to "Stay out of trouble." Though I'd keep an eye on Myuria... While Sarah might stay put at times, Myuria has a tendency to go all Leroy and charge in at times... The other two can be player choice for fighters. I like to use one ranged to try and keep them out of the way for the Supernovas that come later in the fight.

In the beginning of the fight your close range fighter if you chose one you can use Rush Mode to be able to stay on your feet when she uses "Divine Wave" and keep attacking. Later on when she starts using "Supernova" attempt to keep at least one of your fighters out of the way when she says, "Cease to be." If the Queen stays too close to one of your healers take control of said healer and get her outta there.

Honestly battlefield management is the name of the game, you want to attempt to keep the Supernova's from killing off more then one character at the time. I prefer to keep control of the ranged character and leave my close ranged fighter to take the supernova. It's going to take awhile to beat her, but also have plenty of MP restoring items on hand to pass out to your fighters if they are drained by the Queen.

Oreo

Ahhhh, okay. Thank you. I'll try that! Not today, but next time I am in there. On a 4th play through and need to demolish Gabriel again, and Ashley. I only got to her once before and she was devastating.

So basically...

Formless

Quote from: Oreo on April 18, 2021, 10:12:47 AM
You've played Star Ocean the Last Hope? >_> How do I beat the Ethereal Queen? LOL She is one mean lady.

Abuse Synthesis.

It may require some farming, but without the right factors, the fight will just be a practice in frustration.

I think there's a guide somewhere to what's the best factors to synth into every piece of equipment.

To be honest, the grind and farming for it really sucks the fun out of the challenge. Not to mention the Wandering Dungeon saps even mroe fun from the whole ordeal.

Oreo

Quote from: Formless on April 25, 2021, 10:11:40 AM
Abuse Synthesis.

It may require some farming, but without the right factors, the fight will just be a practice in frustration.

I think there's a guide somewhere to what's the best factors to synth into every piece of equipment.

To be honest, the grind and farming for it really sucks the fun out of the challenge. Not to mention the Wandering Dungeon saps even mroe fun from the whole ordeal.
Last time I remember farming Tri-Emblems from Santa.

Formless

Quote from: Oreo on April 25, 2021, 11:46:51 AM
Last time I remember farming Tri-Emblems from Santa.

Yeah. Its just an arduous journey of farming on thing to get another so you can unlock something. Star Ocean 3's superbosses required easier prep, even Freya.

Oreo

I cannot wait. This one was pushed back 2 years because of Covid. So excited to get it pre-ordered next month. I might be a bit of a Tales geek.

TALES OF ARISE (linked because of children in video)

Zekromnomnom

I was playing some old Final Fantasy games I never bet back in the day and I didn't finish them now cause I hit a slight wall and then got really caught up in writing some smut for like a month and now I have moved on to Paper Mario and the Origami King or whatever. It's a lot of fun but it honestly makes me really miss the GameCube one.