Bakemono-Shiki [Anime|School|Beast]

Started by Leki, January 11, 2017, 12:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

Idlewyld? Why did you state her weight where it's asking for hair color in the character sheet?

I know it's perhaps a bit unfair of me to say anything about someone else's character sheet.
But I have a few questions for Broken and Pdragon
I'm just curios about Ilian, cause I don't feel like I really learned anything about him, but more just information that is pretty irrelevant at the start.
Is Yena supposed to be from Iceland? Or just a near by island?

Pdragon! I don't think I said this yet... Hello again :P
When you say gang bangers, do you mean a group of gangsters, or a group that is known for 'gangbanging'?

Idlewyld

Quote from: MelodyCake on January 15, 2017, 11:32:56 AM
Idlewyld? Why did you state her weight where it's asking for hair color in the character sheet?

Woops - sorry about that. It was kind of automatic - weight after height. Fixed it now.

Avalon29

I'll go ahead and post my interest as a versatile player. I'll wait to see who else joins so I don't throw off the balance further.

Leki

Haha, not sure how I missed that, thanks MelodyCake xD
I've intentionally opted to omit weight since I find it seldom has any weighting on the roleplay.
Whereas height... well, sometimes xD

@Avalon29
Nice to have your interest again!
In terms of balancing the characters, there really isn't a need to.
Due to Shiki's being able to partner up en masse with the same human, the only imbalance that could occur is if there were more humans than Shiki. I actually want to avoid a situation where it's one Shiki per human... xD

pdragon

Quote from: MelodyCake on January 15, 2017, 09:44:31 AM
So, I thought I'd ask ya'lls here if any of these characters look appealing to you :)

Not any more or less than the one you've already made honestly.

And yes "Gangbanger" is a ghetto slang term to refer to thugs/gangsters/criminals etc.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Avalon29

Quote from: Leki on January 15, 2017, 12:59:26 PM
@Avalon29
Nice to have your interest again!
In terms of balancing the characters, there really isn't a need to.
Due to Shiki's being able to partner up en masse with the same human, the only imbalance that could occur is if there were more humans than Shiki. I actually want to avoid a situation where it's one Shiki per human... xD

I guess I really should say undecided then xD I've to an idea for both a shiki and a human so I was waiting to see which one would end up being in more demand.

Also quick question about the magic. I see Fervus gets a bonus to adaptation but what does that mean as far as relating to magic goes? The rest I understand how it applies, assuming bonus manipulation means the ability to manipulate magic better,  but adaptation is the only one that I'm still not sure on.

Broken

I've already added more info, not sure what else to say.

Broken

I'll erase and restart when I get home.

Leki

@All
Well as things stand at the moment, all completed character applications are now accepted.
I'll probably hold off on creating my own character for awhile longer so I can flesh out any shortages.

@Avalon29
At the moment we have 2 humans, and 2 Shiki...
But as mentioned prior I've set things up so that a imbalance in favor of Shiki would work.
So if you're asking what we're looking for... well Shiki... I suppose.
Admittedly, I'd want at least 3, maybe even 4 humans. Otherwise it'll be a pretty shitty class of (notable) students xD

In regards to the bonus, I've realized how the word "Bonus" was completely off, and have changed it to specialty.
Agrilao; Specializes in power and will generally win a battle of raw intensity.
Krypta: Is more behind the scenes, and manipulates negativity through emotions, environment, element, etc
Elianore: Like Krypta but with positive energy
Nayuva: Purification; could probably work like Elianore, but with more physical properties.
Fervus: Adaptation and transformation, it's primarily the focus of alchemy, herbalism and witchcraft in it's less flashy forms.

Avalon29

Guess I'll go with my shiki concept then. Might add my student in later depending on how things go.

Avalon29

And here we go. Hopefully he'll be accepted make a fun addition.

Name: Haru Mizukume
Height: 5’2”
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Green
Type: Shiki
Element: Elianore
Personality: Cheerful, energetic, and just a little bit crazy

SHIKI
Q: What was your character's life like prior to aligning with the Academy? How did they terrorize/infuriate mankind?  What kind of reputation did they have among their own kind?

The Mizukume trace their lineage back to their original founder Tamamo No Mae  who created their line over a millennium ago when it was although she was supposed to have lived on a lot longer than that before the founding of their family line.  Anywhere between two and nine of them are born each generation with their founder’s powers split between them. Haru is a member of the newest generation and one of the rare born with only a single sibling. His abilities comprised of her lighter aspects Tamamo held during life while his sister was inhabited by her darker aspects that the founder possessed as the killing stone and one of the three great monsters.

Haru spent just as much time observing humans and trying to figure them out as he did messing with them. He was always a bit easier on them than his sister was. One of his favorite things to do was to disguise himself as a human, sometimes a child or an elderly, anybody who was vulnerable and beg for help. Those who were kind often had their kindness repaid and those that treated him badly well usually suffered some kind of painful accident although generally lived. Those who attempted to actually harm him however would often die in their own accidents.

He’s seen as unusual by those who know his family as typically they are more spiteful when it comes to humans. His way of dealing with them was more even handed than the norm. His fascination with them and his desires to observe them were stranger still. He didn’t let that that bother him however and his fascination continued to grow until he decided to join the academy although he's kept his exact lineage a secret. He didn’t want to risk being run out after all.

Q: Explain why your character decided to align themselves with the Academy.

Long ago Tamamo No Mae, the founder of the Mizukume line, came to the human world after sacrificing a majority of her power to do so and in the process creating the Mizukume line.She was fascinated by humans and how they managed to carry on while smiling when they lived such fragile lives and wanted to see it for herself. She fell in love with a lord, was betrayed by lies then had her true form revealed before being hunted down and killed despite doing nothing but trying to help them prosper. Her story forever after was remembered as both a tale of caution and a reason for revenge for the generations that followed after. Haru took a different look at the story however. He wanted to know what she had seen, what had made her desire to go interact with the humans and just what it was that had convinced her to stop fighting towards the end. Wanting to find out as well Haru joined the academy figuring it was the best way for him to discover the same thing the founder did.

Broken

I like her, Ilian and her would make a good pair if you were up for that.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Broken on January 17, 2017, 12:00:46 PM
I like her, Ilian and her would make a good pair if you were up for that.

Indeed, although to mention Haru is a he (basically a trap based on picture appearance).

Broken

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 17, 2017, 12:02:07 PM
Indeed, although to mention Haru is a he (basically a trap based on picture appearance).

That's fine, I was just thinking more on how color coordinated they would be. Yeah, funny connection there but it's what I got.

Avalon29

Indeed, Haru is a trap. If you're still up for setting something up though I would be happy to have Haru be Ilian's shiki and see how it goes.

Broken

I rather not reserve Shikoku, I think I rather play it out and see what connections are made in the moment. But thanks for the offer.

Avalon29

Alright since you mentioned being interested I figured I should offer. You're right though just seeing how everyone interacts with one another is probably the best thing to do.

SweetSerenade

Posing a tentative interest in a human? Though so far the only Shiki that caught my eye was mister 'unnamed' xD Of course we can always look for Shiki pair ups in the game, based on how characters interact? ;3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, IC interactions between the human students and shiki should be important factor to see who pair up with who. As chemistry between shiki and the humans are highly important.

SweetSerenade

I'll work on my human profile a bit later, if the idea is welcomed :3

Zaer Darkwail

I think it's welcome, as our GM wants more than 2 humans at least and we got 3 Shiki's already :P

SweetSerenade

Name: Ayame Yamamoto
Height: 5'3''
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Black
Type: Human
Element: N/A
Personality: Martial Pacifist

HUMAN
Q. What was your character's life like prior to them Awakening with the gift to see Demons? Social/Family/Love relations? How did they perform in school? What future aspirations did they have before Awakening?
Ayame was the blessed only child of the Yamamoto family, though she had plenty of Cousins and a variety of extended family, she was her parents only child. Ayame was raised in the family Dojo, and was quite adept at the styles that her family taught. She was a quiet young woman, bookish, but dedicated to any studies she put herself towards. She had aspirations of attending a prestigious college, and retiring to the family Dojo to take over it when her parents retired. There was no need for other income, as people were always seeking to learn. She could have lead a very peaceful and happy life.

She was often bullied when she was younger, but her disinterest in using the talents she learned - is what put her on the path of pacifism. Her father was quite firm in teaching her self-control, and she rarely even harmed anyone when she stopped fights that occurred in her presence. Simple disarming techniques, or careful pressure points used to make people pass out. She tries to avoid fights at all costs, using her words before her hands.

Q. How does your character feel towards their gift (awakening)? And how do they feel towards the Academy (and/or Shiki)
She is mostly confused by it, but still feels the need to remain the woman she is. She believes that words can do much more than any form of physical - or magical - fighting. She will seek to learn all she can, as to have discipline over oneself is the most important thing that someone could possibly have. Though she does not have much idea of being part of this 'military' like set up that the school has. Why should she fight? Fighting is something one must do only if absolutely needed. When you do have to fight, which she knows will have to happen, it's best to finish it as quickly and effectively as possible.

As for Shiki, Ayame is infinitely interested in them. She has not really had much of a chance to get to know them - and as a woman that loves knowledge... she is beyond pleased to have a chance to get to know them. Though some of the things she's 'heard' have caused a bit of concern. She's wondering how the bonding process works, as well as what her duties at the school would be. Only time will tell.

Leki

And I'm back after a short hiatus~
I've been a bit busy the last two days, but thankfully that's all over and done with.

@Avalon29
Technically I should be PM'ing you this, but since I'm lazy and there's nothing to correct.
Haru's accepted.

@Pair ups
I should probably mention that partnership within this roleplay will be volatile.
Players should be aware that they will not always be working with their 'one chosen-one' since that sort of behavior belongs in the 1x1 section. I'll be sending out a quick survey pre-starting to gauge attitudes towards character/players so that people aren't forced to work with writer/characters that don't appeal. And primarily I'll leave the team selections up to the players. This shouldn't be an issue for most, unless of course they have the aforementioned attitude.

@SweetSerenade
It's good to finally have a female writer involved! xD
Personally not too fussed over the gender behind the screen, but like politics... it's nice to have some diversity on the writer's board~ xD If you've got any questions or need clarification, my PM box is always open.

Good thing I checked the thread before posting xD
I've read Ayame's profile and it's practically flawless.
The only thing I'd like clarification on is; what sort of dojo does her family own?
Is there a certain martial arts it focuses on? A fictional style?
In either case, the only thing I need to know is whether it's a hand-to-hand style, or a weapons intensive style (eg; Kendo, fencing, etc).

As Zaer pointed out, we're now officially on;

Humans:
Ilian, Roxanne, Ayame

Shiki:
Timanka, Gaia, Haru

I was hoping for a few more before filling in the gaps, but I'll have at least one character of my own up tonight.

SweetSerenade

I can add more details on it if you like? I was planning on one of her Ancestors having traveled to Korea and learned a form of Hapkido, that they modified to handle the styles used in Japan. Just modified over the years and slowly adapted in the family Dojo. Hapkido is a hand to hand and weapons based, as it uses a variety of items. In reality, the style of her clan is very similar - but focuses heavily on only defending yourself if you have to, and went you do - do so in such an effective and quick manner that your opponent has no idea what happened. It also teaches it's practitioners how to use anything - and anyone - around you to defend yourself and accomplish your goals. (Think Jackie Chan when he use the horse shoe and rope in Shanghai Noon)

Essentially if hand to hand is not an option to defend yourself, use anything and anyone around you as a possible form to defend yourself. But only, only if you absolutely have to.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, we now got even on Shiki x Humans, although I can see if Gaia pairs up with Ayame, there will be serious philosophical conflict between the two :P. It can be source of great RP for putting those two together and can see which budges/changes first; human or shiki (or both).