Who Run Barter Town? -Freeform Post Nuclear Settlment- (Recruiting Closed)

Started by Urbanzorro, September 07, 2013, 10:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

Quote from: Christa McGinn on September 12, 2013, 04:21:07 PM
Everywhere is like that. Everywhere with a written and spoken language is like that. I hate how lazy people have gotten with text speak and grammar online, but in speaking, I don't find it offensive. I'm from the country, and although we are far from uneducated, we have regional traits in our language that may sound funny to others. Every language and dialect is different and unique, but humans are generally the same everywhere. :)

And I remember that there's a Madam, darling, but I just know that Ginger is extremely protective...especially in such a dangerous environment.

I'm strict about spelling, capitalization and punctuation, but I know that I don't use the "exact" textbook grammar in all my RP. No one does. However, I think aiming for at least the correct words and punctuation marks can be accomplished by everyone.

And I'm sure that you don't use your spoken grammar and written grammar correctly 100% of the time, Kat. ;)

Not always, and that was kind of my point. I didn't use the grammar correctly when I said "Je regrette rien." I have some grammar issues in all of my languages to be honest. Especially in Dutch, which has the most complicated grammar in the world.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Clio

Quote from: Katataban on September 12, 2013, 04:40:11 PM
Not always, and that was kind of my point. I didn't use the grammar correctly when I said "Je regrette rien." I have some grammar issues in all of my languages to be honest. Especially in Dutch, which has the most complicated grammar in the world.

What is your native language, and what languages do you speak fluently?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Tamhansen

Quote from: Christa McGinn on September 12, 2013, 04:41:08 PM
What is your native language, and what languages do you speak fluently?
Well officially my native tongue is American English, but i grew up speaking mostly Dutch.

As for fluency, I speak English (mix of US and real English), French, German, Dutch and Afrikaner. And I can sort of get by in Spanish and Swedish most of the time.
ons and offs

Clio

Quote from: Katataban on September 12, 2013, 04:44:46 PM
Well officially my native tongue is American English, but i grew up speaking mostly Dutch.

As for fluency, I speak English (mix of US and real English), French, German, Dutch and Afrikaner. And I can sort of get by in Spanish and Swedish most of the time.

Impressive. American English is my first, obviously, but French would be my second. I'm not sure I'd say I'm fluent in it, though. I'm conversational, and I can communicate. I get more fluent when I'm there and among other french speakers.

I love languages, though, and I plan to learn others. And I definitely want to be fluent in French...and maybe others as well. I know a bit of Spanish and some other languages like Chinese and Italian, but I'd only count English and French as languages I can speak and write.

ElvenKitten

Looks like Laura has quite a varied selection... she may have to make that a selling point  >:)

Clio

Quote from: ElvenKitten on September 12, 2013, 04:55:34 PM
Looks like Laura has quite a varied selection... she may have to make that a selling point  >:)

Sorry. When I made Ginger, she was the only one, so I said she was Laura's 'top girl.' That doesn't have to be the case, though. I think Ginger might be Big Al's personal whore (like, always available when he comes in) if UZ still wants to, but I don't want anyone to think I'm putting Ginger above the others.

Tamhansen

Quote from: ElvenKitten on September 12, 2013, 04:55:34 PM
laura has so many selling points.

Quote from: Christa McGinn on September 12, 2013, 04:59:38 PM
Sorry. When I made Ginger, she was the only one, so I said she was Laura's 'top girl.' That doesn't have to be the case, though. I think Ginger might be Big Al's personal whore (like, always available when he comes in) if UZ still wants to, but I don't want anyone to think I'm putting Ginger above the others.
I'm still wondering about that nick name though. Big Al.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAlxfNBWvY
ons and offs

Caela

Good lord, I go to workfor the day and have three pages to read when I get back! You people clearly need more to do during the day! :P

Saiyuri

Hello! I'm interested in joining! Are you still looking for females? If not I could be a drifter? Or bartender perhaps? Let me know!  :-)

Neysha

Quote from: Caela on September 12, 2013, 07:55:54 PM
Good lord, I go to workfor the day and have three pages to read when I get back! You people clearly need more to do during the day! :P

We arranged a marriage for your character to Doodasaurus' sister.

I'm afraid it's too far along to not carry it out either.

Sorry.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Tamhansen

Quote from: Saiyuri on September 12, 2013, 08:11:27 PM
Hello! I'm interested in joining! Are you still looking for females? If not I could be a drifter? Or bartender perhaps? Let me know!  :-)
Check with urbanzorro. But I'm happy with it.

Quote from: Neysha on September 12, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

Sorry.

Hey wait. Is that the same sister he wanted me to have, or a different one. Big family these sauruses
ons and offs

Clio

Quote from: Katataban on September 12, 2013, 09:03:48 PM
Check with urbanzorro. But I'm happy with it.

Hey wait. Is that the same sister he wanted me to have, or a different one. Big family these sauruses

Yeah. I feel like there is something about Dood's sister that I'm missing... ;)

doodasaurus

Quote from: Neysha on September 12, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

Sorry.

Yep.  It's a done deal.  If you don't do it, and the law's the law!

Christa . . . probably.  But nothing a person would want to have splattered on them, so it's all good!

Caela

Quote from: doodasaurus on September 12, 2013, 09:08:42 PM
Yep.  It's a done deal.  If you don't do it, and the law's the law!

Christa . . . probably.  But nothing a person would want to have splattered on them, so it's all good!

Then your sister better be ready to be cheated on. Kayla will marry anyone, but she fucks men! lol

CurvyKitten

Well My muse woke up...lol Granted it went in a utterly different direction then what I was first thinking. So carmen has become Lola...lol Check her out let me know what you think. Hmm...perhaps I should just repost her for the ease of it. so HERE....

Lola 
Played by Curvykitten
Age 24
Gender Female
Role In Town Gardener and Supply runner...yes she is that ballsy
Physical Details
Hair: Black/Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin Tone: Medium
Height: 5'4.
Measurements: 34-26-38C
Other:A scar that runs up the left side of her spin, it's faded over the years but it looks as if someone tried to slice her. Strange scars that look almost surgical in nature in verious places on her body. A strange tattoo one her right wrist half scratched away by her own fingers.
Personality Lola isn't as soft and sweet as her name would lead you to believe. She has a strong will, a loyal heart, is stubborn as hell, and has a temper that can rival and shake anyone around her. When you’re on her good side she is playful, tricky, a bit of a smart ass, and loyal to a fault. When you’re on her bad side however, she can be a force to be recoded with. Her anger when uncontrolled can be a freighting thing. She is a person of passion, when she gives in and embraces it she can be your worst enemy or the best lover you've ever had. She is heat, passion, exploration, strength, intelligence, all in one untamed and amazingly curvy well-toned body.
Personal History
Most everyone had a story, a place they came from, family and friends they had lost. Memories of the war, or the way the world fell apart afterward. The fires that burned away the lush green and dried up some of the oceans. Yeah sure most had something that explained how they had become who they were, or how they ended up in a place like Dry Gulch. So why didn't she? How could a person just wake up one day to a world that had turned to hell and have no idea how it all began? Most of all how could they not know who they were? All really good questions, questions that Lola couldn't answer.

All she knew was that one day she woke up in what was left of an old hospital, or at least that was what it seemed like. How she knew that was beyond her, but there she was in nothing but a gown as walls fell around her. Confusion and fear filled her mind and she did what her body naturally told her to do. She ran, as fast and as far as her bare feet could get her. The broken down colony burning away, its ashes were the only thing left after a rouge scavenger group attacked.

Lost and confused Lola scavenged for what she could, somehow having a good handle on survival skills. She managed to pull together some gear and found herself leaving what was left of the small colony and venturing out into a very strange new world.

As Lola traveled she realized she had a great many skills, each one needed to survive. She did come across people, some weren't so bad. A odd married couple put her up for a few days and even helped her pick out a name. Lola after a fun little song that she seemed to like very much. But as all good things do, that too had to come to an end. As wild mutated dogs attacked the small home, killing the couple and taking the small sense of stability that Lola had found away. So again she found herself traveling, wondering the lonely roads. Sometimes finding fellow travelers that helped, and sometimes finding those that just took what they wanted.

Years passed and soon Lola found herself camping outside a small colony. Not yet sure if the group inside could be trusted or not. But soon her answer came as the colony was attacked, by a group she had come across before. So without hesitation Lola road her bike into town and help lay waist to the gang that was attacking Dry Gulch. That was where she was attacked, and where she gained the scar that cut so harshly along her back. She was trying to help a teenage kid to cover; their panic caused them to get caught just long enough for Lola to be cut down. The next thing Lola knew was she was waking up in their make shift clinic. Being told it was a miracle she survived, but that she still had a great deal of healing to do. Al said she would be safe, taken cared of since she helped fight off the attackers.

A few years later Lola found herself still in that small colony. Only a select few knew what her past held, but even with that unknown lingering in her thoughts. Lola found herself a place to belong, finding that she did in fact have skills that not only helped the colony but helped her find a sense of purpose. So....what will her story hold from here on out? Where was she really from? Did she have someone that cared for her, someone looking for her? Who was she? These were all questions she still couldn't answer, but at least she found a place that helps her forget to ask them...at least for a little while.

Sexual Orientation straight with a few bi thoughts but has never slept with a woman
Skills
Gardening: Carmen seems to have the greatest green thumb left in this hell of a world. She has managed to work some bits of soil into growing food, and a hydroponic garden for just about everything else. She grows what ever she can get a hold of, so to her seeds are actually quite valuable.
Survivalist: Carmen as been a survivor all her life, and has honed those skills to a a near mastery of the art.
Combat: where there are those that say they have trained for years in a style, Carmon can simply say she has been fighting all her life. She may not be trained in a specific style. But she will do everything she can to win the fights she does get into.
Dancing: Though it isn't a skill she show often at all, it is still a skill she holds. And even if she doesn't share it with just anyone, well let just say those that do see it don't forget it. 

Living Accommodations A modified addition to the green house, that is basically a studio apartment.
Notable Possessions Motorcycle modified for extended runs, large hunting knife that is always kept sharp, gardening tools, books and different music players and music (she collects them), survival gear, shot gun, shell press to make her own bullets (she is known to fill them with rock salt), protective gear she wears on her runs,
Character's Offs being forced, anal, bathroom play, excessive pain, extreme bondage, humiliation
Player's Offs bathroom play, humiliation, scarring or branding my character,
Additional Images

Tamhansen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 12, 2013, 09:34:45 PM
Well My muse woke up...lol Granted it went in a utterly different direction then what I was first thinking. So carmen has become Lola...lol Check her out let me know what you think. Hmm...perhaps I should just repost her for the ease of it. so HERE....

I met her in a club down in old Soho Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola.

Sorry that name always brings out that song.

I like the character though.
ons and offs

doodasaurus

Quote from: Katataban on September 12, 2013, 09:46:34 PM
I met her in a club down in old Soho Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola.

I met him in a swamp down by Dagobah, where it bubbles all the time like a carbonated soda.

Tamhansen

Quote from: doodasaurus on September 12, 2013, 09:48:02 PM
I met him in a swamp down by Dagobah, where it bubbles all the time like a carbonated soda.

Ah, a connoisseur of the finer arts I see. :D
ons and offs

doodasaurus

Quote from: Katataban on September 12, 2013, 09:50:37 PM
Ah, a connoisseur of the finer arts I see. :D

That's me, I like my fine arts to come with a accordion.  ;D

And I got it wrong, too.  It bubbles like a GIANT carbonated soda.  S-O-D-A, sooo-dah.

Tamhansen

Quote from: doodasaurus on September 12, 2013, 09:53:15 PM

And I got it wrong, too.  It bubbles like a GIANT carbonated soda.  S-O-D-A, sooo-dah.
Quote from: doodasaurus on September 12, 2013, 09:53:15 PM

Two things I always hated were accordions and polka, and still this is my favourite all time artist.
ons and offs

CurvyKitten

I'm not sure if that means you like her...or if I should just be afraid. LOL

Chreestafer

YAY Curvy is back on board!

now that im home and finally free from work I can finally work on my character info :)

now since my character is a drifter, whose gonna hate me from the start?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Tamhansen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 12, 2013, 10:05:39 PM
I'm not sure if that means you like her...or if I should just be afraid. LOL
I love her Kitty. Just as I said, whenever I hear that name that song pops in my head. Which was annoying with an ex-girl of mine whose mom was named Lola.

Quote from: Chreestafer on September 12, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

now that im home and finally free from work I can finally work on my character info :)

Not from the start, but likely later, unless he acts nicely
ons and offs

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Chreestafer on September 12, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

You can actually thank doodasaurus for that, his madlib joke got me thinking. And at some point I was like what if she doesn't have a past? And my muse woke up lol

Quote from: Katataban on September 12, 2013, 10:08:43 PM
I love her Kitty. Just as I said, whenever I hear that name that song pops in my head. Which was annoying with an ex-girl of mine whose mom was named Lola.

Not from the start, but likely later, unless he acts nicely

Well hopefully it won't make be a bad thing here hehe. And WOOT for loving her, I was a bit worried she was to strange.