Interest Check: Golden Sun RP [Most likely gonna be EX]

Started by Ex68471, April 10, 2010, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex68471

I was digging through my old video games the other day when I came across my copies of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. So, naturally I cleared a save file off of each and ran through them again for old times' sake. Lotta fun.

Anyways, I would like to organize a nice little roleplay in which, once again, Weyard is in peril and it is up to a group of adepts to go forth and save it. Anyone interested? If so, I'll work on fleshing out my idea a little more.

So far, I have this as the basic plot:

The elements themselves are turning against Weyard, threatening to pull it apart at the seams. A group of adepts have banded together to get to the bottom of what is happening, and stop it.

Yeah... Basic indeed.

Anyways, anyone interested?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

pendarious

i'd be in....though it's been ages since i played either one and since theyre both sitting at home whilst i'm out at college i can't play them to refresh my memory T_T though i remember a little. so if your willing to help me remember then i'm definietly in.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Ex68471

I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Ex68471

Bump: To post in a topic with the intention of moving it to the top of the topic list page.

pendarious

Ex68471

*hums quietly while waiting on someone else to show up*

pendarious

*sits sharpening a sword while waiting*

Wolfy

Do want! o3o....

Are all the male roles filled? lol

Ex68471

Well, I'm hoping for a minimum of four to start out, one female, the other three males, for the heroes' party, and from there we can either tack on more heroes or people can start playing villains.

And seeing as so far it's me, pen, and now you...

Yeah, I'd say there was at least one male role open. ;)

pendarious

*still sharpening sword* well.....i can play a female character *shrugs* doesn't bother me any.

Wolfy

3 males to one female, eh?...I smell some exciting scenes...xD

I'll join!

Ex68471

Quote from: Wolfy on April 28, 2010, 06:58:44 PM
3 males to one female, eh?...I smell some exciting scenes...xD

Honestly, I hadn't even thought about that aspect...

It would be interesting to see how our party reacts to age-old paradox of three beds only in the Inns, especially if we got a decent-sized party... o3o

Wolfy

Lol..we should totally do that...Only three beds! Everyone buddy up! xD

pendarious

*laughs* oh that's one of my favorite.....though ive had one worse....i forget what game it was but i went to the inn with a 5 member party and there was only one bed

Ex68471

I think this is going to end up going into EX... Mostly because I fully intend to have someone in the party find the Trainer's Whip eventually. o3o

pendarious

oh lord *laughs* yeah i'll prolly wind up playing a female water adept.

Ex68471

Wolfy

I'm not sure what I want to be..

Will you be allowing Futa/Hermaphrodite Characters?

I think I want to be either Wind or Earth, though.

Zebu

I'm extremely fond of Golden Sun, so I can't resist this.  Based on what everyone else is picking... I'll be a male Fire Adept.  Sound good?

Also, a few questions:
How long has it been since the lighthouses were lit?  Maybe 1000 years?
Are we playing on the normal Golden Sun map, or making it up as we go along?
Do you plan to design the entire plot yourself (a la a D&D DM), or will we take turns designing "areas" for the party, or will it be completely freeform?
Can I use Growth to tentacle-rape the water adept?
Will there be a minimum number of posts per day/week?
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

pendarious

hey you try raping me and your ass aint getting healed

Zebu

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Ex68471

Quote from: Wolfy on April 29, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Will you be allowing Futa/Hermaphrodite Characters?

Absolutely. Can't think of a reason why not. :-)

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 01:01:19 PM
I'm extremely fond of Golden Sun, so I can't resist this.  Based on what everyone else is picking... I'll be a male Fire Adept.  Sound good?

Also, a few questions:
How long has it been since the lighthouses were lit?  Maybe 1000 years?
Are we playing on the normal Golden Sun map, or making it up as we go along?
Do you plan to design the entire plot yourself (a la a D&D DM), or will we take turns designing "areas" for the party, or will it be completely freeform?
Can I use Growth to tentacle-rape the water adept?
Will there be a minimum number of posts per day/week?

All right, here we go...
Great, we could always use more players. :-)
I was actually thinking about 1000 years.
Normal map, however since 1000 years have passed, I was kicking around this whole "uber-powerful adept created some new continents" thing...
I was actually thinking of essantially playing this game freeform, but using my character and strategically sent PMs to direct the plot in the general direction it needs to go.
Of course you can, but you have to find a suitable plant to use Growth on, and you have to hope she's either really forgiving or into the kinky stuff so you get healed in the next boss battle. ;D
Not at all. I myself sometimes have problems getting online, and I try not to set those restrictions, because A) I don't want to break them, and B) sometimes you write your character into a place where you have to wait for the plot to advance before you can do something.

Any more questions? :D

Zebu

Quote from: Ex68471 on April 30, 2010, 05:17:49 PM
Great, we could always use more players. :-)
Alright!  So will there be an official character sheet?

QuoteI was actually thinking about 1000 years.
Normal map, however since 1000 years have passed, I was kicking around this whole "uber-powerful adept created some new continents" thing...
Alright.  There's no real reason to rely on godlike Psy, though.  After all, if the continents were shrinking before the lighthouses were lit, then it'd only make sense that they'd grow and change in the millennium after.

Any more questions? :D
How much of the plot do you already have worked out?  Basically what's in the intro post, or enough to make sure it'll never stall, or what?
Will players start together or "join the party" over time?
Are the Djinni wandering around, or do we assume that they're already traveling with someone?
Is Weyard still a dangerous, monster-filled world, or has it gotten safer? 
Has the technology level changed during the past 1000 years? 
Are adepts still a tiny, hidden minority or has the rise of Alchemy made them more common?  If Psyenergy is well-known, what is the prevailing attitude towards Adepts?
Is the world still pretty much city-states, or are there governing bodies with larger influence?
What sort of things might you put in a "strategic PM"?
Do all of these questions annoy you? :D

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 04:49:57 PM
What about the rest of me?

if i aint healin your ass what makes you think i'd heal the rest of your body?

*laughing*

Wolfy

Lol....

I think my Adept will blow fire away...so she can get some water adept goodness herself. xD

Zebu

Quote from: pendarious on April 30, 2010, 06:28:09 PM
if i aint healin your ass what makes you think i'd heal the rest of your body?

*laughing*
Eh.  You probably have a deep-seated antipathy to amazing asses like mine.  But I forgive you and will travel with you still.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

well as long as your growth aint thorny it might slide *laughs*

Wolfy

Quote from: pendarious on April 30, 2010, 08:43:48 PM
well as long as your growth aint thorny it might slide *laughs*

How do you feel about Wind Tentacles? :P

pendarious

Wolfy

Quote from: pendarious on April 30, 2010, 08:59:51 PM
no cutting of flesh and we're good *shrugs*

lol...:P Well...Depending on wether I make my character a futa or not, expect some kind of penetration from my Wind Adept. :P

Threesome/Foursome, anyone? Lol

pendarious

Ex68471

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PM
So will there be an official character sheet?

Once I can make one, of course. ;P

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMThere's no real reason to rely on godlike Psy, though.  After all, if the continents were shrinking before the lighthouses were lit, then it'd only make sense that they'd grow and change in the millennium after.

But that's not as fun... Or a crucial plot point. ;D

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMHow much of the plot do you already have worked out?  Basically what's in the intro post, or enough to make sure it'll never stall, or what?

I have basic plot lines laid out, nothing is set in concrete as yet though.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMWill players start together or "join the party" over time?

Once we get a party together, we will start together, and from there we will basically "stumble across and recruit" any other players that join in.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMAre the Djinni wandering around, or do we assume that they're already traveling with someone?

We're basically starting out on a new quest. They will be scattered in my first post.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMIs Weyard still a dangerous, monster-filled world, or has it gotten safer? 

Just as dangerous if not more so.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMHas the technology level changed during the past 1000 years? 

Oh yes. If I can at all swing it, we will have some decent ranged weapons (Woohoo firearms!) and I have a brilliant plan for a massive part of the RP. We shall assemble an airship!

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMAre adepts still a tiny, hidden minority or has the rise of Alchemy made them more common?  If Psyenergy is well-known, what is the prevailing attitude towards Adepts?

Adepts are still a minority, but there are more of them around. Every town has four minimum, one for each of the elements. And there are still those towns where the entire population is adepts. Those are sightly more common, but still few and far between.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMIs the world still pretty much city-states, or are there governing bodies with larger influence?

Mostly city-states, but there are larger bodies on certain continents.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMWhat sort of things might you put in a "strategic PM"?

Basically either stuff to move the plot along that I don't want or can't do myself, or an alert. Alerts are basically me telling that you will find a new djinn or a new unleash weapon.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMDo all of these questions annoy you? :D

Not at all. Any more? :D

Also, stuff I thought of on my own:

There will be a slew of new weapons, new summons, and enough djinn so everyone will have nine apiece when we reach the end of the RP.

And I was thinking of adding a "newly discovered element; Technology, AKA Vulcan Psynergy". Yes or no on this idea?

Zadaris

Is there room for anymore? I'd love to join as I'm a huge fan of the GS series (anxiously awaiting the third.) I was thinking of making my character a fire adept (fire =fun) but I was wondering if maybe I could have my character in posession of the Tomegathericon to make them a dark mage. Perhaps the first of many villains?

And a new type of Psynergy sounds like it'd be feasible (since its a thousand years later). I think you should make it so that it's an uncommon or rare class of Psynergy.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Zebu

Quote from: Ex68471 on May 01, 2010, 09:04:42 AM
We're basically starting out on a new quest. They will be scattered in my first post.
In that case...  How closely are we tracking "classes"?  Will there be new ones, all of the old ones, what?

QuoteAnd I was thinking of adding a "newly discovered element; Technology, AKA Vulcan Psynergy". Yes or no on this idea?
Adding some advanced technology might be interesting.  To that end, I suggest: Arcanum!  It's the name of an old PC game where characters can align themselves with either magic or technology.  You cna't use both, because the presence of magic slightly alters things like the Coefficient of Friction (http://troika.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_1:_Introduction) and similar, while using technology makes it harder to use magic.  Of course, the sight of a fire Adept using psyenergy to fire his flintlock is equally interesting, so I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants. 
Still, keep in mind that guns, even ancient "hand cannons," drastically change a world.  They completely alter what it means to be "powerful" and would certainly make it easier for people to rival Adepts in combat.  Which might be interesting.  Hmmm...

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

on the otherhand with the existance of fire arms  adepts could again take a heavy advantage into a fight because they could make the fire arm fire psy energy instead of balistic ammunition which makes focusing psy energy deadly because what may have been an aoe spell before could now be focused onto one taret and all the damage that was previously dispersed amongs three or four enemies is now focused on one target like say you have i think it was inferno? that blasted all enemies with fire damage? well anyway you use that and inflicted like 2300 or 9000 or something on 3 enemies now your firing it through your gun and delievering 6900 or 27000 damage to one enemy.

Ex68471

Quote from: Zadaris on May 01, 2010, 10:38:23 AMIs there room for anymore?

Of course! :D

Quote from: Zadaris on May 01, 2010, 10:38:23 AMI was thinking of making my character a fire adept (fire =fun) but I was wondering if maybe I could have my character in posession of the Tomegathericon to make them a dark mage. Perhaps the first of many villains?

Okay, but if that's the case you will come in a bit later than everyone else. Also, would you like to be a villain which will be completely defeated, or a misunderstood "villain who is really a bad guy" which will join the party after an epic battle and keep going in the RP?

Quote from: Zadaris on May 01, 2010, 10:38:23 AMAnd a new type of Psynergy sounds like it'd be feasible (since its a thousand years later). I think you should make it so that it's an uncommon or rare class of Psynergy.

One approval so far. And it will be uncommon at the least.

Quote from: Zebu on May 01, 2010, 10:47:36 AM
In that case...  How closely are we tracking "classes"?  Will there be new ones, all of the old ones, what?

Basically same as the games, djinn make classes. And seeing as I'm planning on making a new element, yeah there will be a ton of new classes. And I'm working on some new class items, possibly one a player, and new Psynergy spells to boot.

Quote from: Zebu on May 01, 2010, 10:47:36 AMAdding some advanced technology might be interesting.  To that end, I suggest: Arcanum!  It's the name of an old PC game where characters can align themselves with either magic or technology.  You cna't use both, because the presence of magic slightly alters things like the Coefficient of Friction (http://troika.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_1:_Introduction) and similar, while using technology makes it harder to use magic.  Of course, the sight of a fire Adept using psyenergy to fire his flintlock is equally interesting, so I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants. 
Still, keep in mind that guns, even ancient "hand cannons," drastically change a world.  They completely alter what it means to be "powerful" and would certainly make it easier for people to rival Adepts in combat.  Which might be interesting.  Hmmm...

Oh wow... Yeah, um... To quote GIR from Invader ZIM, "I don't know what you just said!!!" :D

But anyways, that seems good, so... Yeah. I think that the Vulcan Psynergy, in order to function at all, needs to be at least partly immune from the whole "alters the rule of science" thing. Everything else, there will have to be at least a slight degree of failure.

Quote from: pendarious on May 01, 2010, 06:36:33 PM
on the otherhand with the existance of fire arms  adepts could again take a heavy advantage into a fight because they could make the fire arm fire psy energy instead of balistic ammunition which makes focusing psy energy deadly because what may have been an aoe spell before could now be focused onto one taret and all the damage that was previously dispersed amongs three or four enemies is now focused on one target like say you have i think it was inferno? that blasted all enemies with fire damage? well anyway you use that and inflicted like 2300 or 9000 or something on 3 enemies now your firing it through your gun and delievering 6900 or 27000 damage to one enemy.

Okay, perhaps there will be artifacts that will be partly or wholly immune from the rule that you can use to focus AOE spells or otherwise enhance them, like maybe added effects (inflicts sleep or poison) or boosted damage, or make normal one target spells AOE spells without lowering their damage. Of course that last one will have to be severely resricted. Can you imagine an AOE Odyssey? Actually... That could be awesome! :D

Zebu

Heh.  My main point (about guns) was that a normal human being with a gun (imagine one of Babi's soldiers) has power on par with any except the most elite adepts-- and a lot more range to boot.  If you have guns+a lot of people who understand psyenergy (since there are adepts in every town), psyenergy is going to be a lot less powerful/important in the RP than it was in the original Golden Sun.

Now that I think about it, though, with Alchemy unsealed Psyenergy will be a lot more powerful.  So something like "Saga" (the next stage of Odyssey) would more than compensate for the power of firearms.

Oooh!  New class items!  If I PM you an idea, would it be possible to include it in the RP?

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

this techno/psy energy has me a bit skeptical but i'm still in this game.

Ex68471

Quote from: Zebu on May 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
Heh.  My main point (about guns) was that a normal human being with a gun (imagine one of Babi's soldiers) has power on par with any except the most elite adepts-- and a lot more range to boot.  If you have guns+a lot of people who understand psyenergy (since there are adepts in every town), psyenergy is going to be a lot less powerful/important in the RP than it was in the original Golden Sun.

And thus my nefarious plot to actually make normal people a bit more threatening is revealed.

Also, I will be putting up a character sheet template soonish, so keep an eye out. What reminded me to mention this here is the fact that a normal human is a feasible choice for a character, especially since there will be decent weapons in the game.

Quote from: Zebu on May 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PMNow that I think about it, though, with Alchemy unsealed Psyenergy will be a lot more powerful.  So something like "Saga" (the next stage of Odyssey) would more than compensate for the power of firearms.

Ummm... Can you explain "Saga" to me? Like, where is it from?

Quote from: Zebu on May 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PMOooh!  New class items!  If I PM you an idea, would it be possible to include it in the RP?

Go for it.

On that note, a good bit of this RP is still under construction (see also: going to make some of it up as I go to adapt for various changes), so if anyone has an idea for anything, new class, new weapon, new spell, new artifact, new summon, new anything, just shoot me a PM and not only will I do my best to work it in if it makes sense, you will also have first dibs on it if you choose. :D

Zebu

Well, Ragnarok=single climactic battle.  Odyssey=Long and perilous journey.  Saga=Legendary hero's lifetime or other similar epic-scale event.  It just seemed the next logical step.  Like Ragnarok, "saga" was originally used in reference to Norse mythology.  That what you wanted to know?

And by the way-- you were intentionally trying to make normal people more dangerous?  Sweet!  I've never seen someone do that before-- this'll be fun!

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Ex68471

Quote from: Zebu on May 07, 2010, 11:47:08 PM
Well, Ragnarok=single climactic battle.  Odyssey=Long and perilous journey.  Saga=Legendary hero's lifetime or other similar epic-scale event.  It just seemed the next logical step.  Like Ragnarok, "saga" was originally used in reference to Norse mythology.  That what you wanted to know?

Yes, thank you. Actually... You may have just help me to name the beginnings of a whole new Psynergy power tier...

And by the way-- you were intentionally trying to make normal people more dangerous?  Sweet!  I've never seen someone do that before-- this'll be fun!
[/quote]

pendarious

CrazyIvan

hey I was wondering is there still room? I have no problem playing a female character if you need me to play one to balance out the party.

Zebu

Also, are we going to start character sheets anytime soon?

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Shadowsteel

I would be interested in joining in. Do you have a full party, or do you need a recurring villain?

One way or the other, Probably Earth Adept, unless you intend to add light or dark adepts.

I would argue against including firearms, because psynergy renders them essentially obsolete. Also, even if the power of psynergy has increased, normal humans likely would have reaped benefits from it, like increased resistance to elements, and more then likely increased physical strength as well.

Also, Lord Alexys Zephyrai is offline at the moment, but expresses possible interest at joining in. He, I believe, would also be likely willing to play a villain, or a wind adept, if he does play. He created a number of resources already, Djinn, plot, etc, and would likely send them to you for inclusion of a Light/ Dark lighthouse story line.
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

Mhina

I remember playing this game! It was the most fun I ever had playing a Gameboy. If there's still room I'd like to play. I can be whatever role is needed, but earth is my favorite element.

Ex68471

Quote from: CrazyIvan on May 12, 2010, 03:44:42 AM
hey I was wondering is there still room? I have no problem playing a female character if you need me to play one to balance out the party.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only other female char we have on the team so far is a futa, so... Yeah. That'd be cool if you're cool with it. :)

Quote from: Zebu on May 12, 2010, 09:24:21 AM
Also, are we going to start character sheets anytime soon?

As soon as I can find the accursed text file I have all my various notes and such in, of course. XD Sorry, my computer is horribly disorganized. It'll be up soon, I promise.

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 12, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
I would be interested in joining in. Do you have a full party, or do you need a recurring villain?

We can use both party members and villains. Your preference.

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 12, 2010, 01:16:05 PMI would argue against including firearms, because psynergy renders them essentially obsolete. Also, even if the power of psynergy has increased, normal humans likely would have reaped benefits from it, like increased resistance to elements, and more then likely increased physical strength as well.

Well, I'm sorry man, but a lot of my plot revolves around advanced tech, like firearms.

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 12, 2010, 01:16:05 PMAlso, Lord Alexys Zephyrai is offline at the moment, but expresses possible interest at joining in. He, I believe, would also be likely willing to play a villain, or a wind adept, if he does play. He created a number of resources already, Djinn, plot, etc, and would likely send them to you for inclusion of a Light/ Dark lighthouse story line.

Well, have him send it to me and I'll see how well it'll fit in. :D

Quote from: Mhina on May 14, 2010, 12:41:35 AM
I remember playing this game! It was the most fun I ever had playing a Gameboy. If there's still room I'd like to play. I can be whatever role is needed, but earth is my favorite element.

Awesome. :D Always nice to have more players.

CrazyIvan

I have no problem with playing a female character, so I am also assuming all the party members have Psy powers or are there going to be some without. Also are you sticking to the 4 main elements or are you fine with half elements or new ones?

Ex68471

Quote from: CrazyIvan on May 14, 2010, 08:08:29 PM
I have no problem with playing a female character, so I am also assuming all the party members have Psy powers or are there going to be some without. Also are you sticking to the 4 main elements or are you fine with half elements or new ones?

If we get anyone who wants to play a normal human, it'll be cool. But so far, just adepts. As for the elements, I have added a new one, Tech Psynergy, formally called Vulcan Psynergy. And from what Shadowsteel has said, I am waiting on a PM from Lord Alexys Zephyrai with his notes on Light/Dark psynergy. If you have any ideas, like half elements or even new ones, send me a PM and I'll look it over and see if it'll fit in at all. :D

Shadowsteel

simply opinions. Should be fun none the less. What characters are there so far, Adept element wise, and gender wise?

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

Shade

It's been awhile since I've played either Golden Sun. Those were some good games. Room for one more?

Ex68471

All right, I can't find the file that has the character sheet in it, so here's a totally new one.

Image/Description: What do you look like?

Name: What do we call you?

Adept/Normal: Are you an Adept or just a normal human?

Element: On Adepts, this determines your Psynergy spells and defensive strengths/weaknesses. On humans, this determines secondary abilities activated by the Lighthouses being lit and defensive strengths/weaknesses.

Weapons: What is your favored weapon and what do you have when the adventure begins?

Special Items: What are you bringing with you when we begin?

Bio: Tell us your story.

Personality: What are you like?

Other Info: Anything else that needs to be mentioned?

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 14, 2010, 09:13:05 PMWhat characters are there so far, Adept element wise, and gender wise?

Let's find out. :D Signups are open, everyone! Let's get those sheets in! :D

Quote from: Shade on May 14, 2010, 09:21:10 PM
It's been awhile since I've played either Golden Sun. Those were some good games. Room for one more?

Of course. :D

Zebu

Name: Edan

Image/Description: This.  With a body, lithe.

Adept/Normal: Adept

Element: Mars

Weapons:
Favored-- Bolas.  They're so unpredictable!
Actually best with-- Long, staff/pole-type weapons (he's practiced using a scythe)
Currently has-- a short sword, slightly rusted.  Can't argue with a free weapon!

Special Items:
Apart from basic clothing/armor, Edan has the following special items-
Herb Valuable item lying on the ground, just like the sword.
A bag with money in it. "Fancy a little wager?"
Gambler's Dice. "Do you like to gamble, boy?  What would you stake?  Your life?"

Bio:
Edan was born on a fairly small, self-sufficient farm.  He had a mother, father, and brother, all of who were still alive the last time he saw them.  He grew up working with his hands, learning weather patterns, and practicing those little bits of useful psyenergy that almost everyone knows these days.  But it was on market dates that he really lived.  Thrown into the hurly-burly gathering of people from miles around, there were always new faces, always new challengers.
Yes, challengers.  Edan maintained a small level of luxury by challenging people to various contests—arm-wrestling, dice games, shell games, whatever.  No major wagers; nobody had much to gamble with.  But it was enough to make a difference, and it was seven kinds of glorious.  Did you know that it’s possible to win a shell game?  Sure, the stranger running it might hide the pea as soon as the game starts, but if you’re quick you can put a new pea in just as easily.  And what are they going to do when you 'find' the only pea that's under their shells, accuse you of cheating better than they did?
Market day was fun, but most of life was farm work.  Despite his peculiarities, everyone assumed that he would grow up, inherit the farm, and marry some nice young mercury adept who was good with irrigation.  There weren’t a lot of options.  Then he found the Dice.
They were just lying there.  Six small wooden cubes with numbers scratched into them.  Most people might’ve ignored them, but Edan picked them up with the hope of using them for a game next time he was at market.  “Do you like to gamble, boy?”
Voices out of nowhere were uncommon, even in the bright new age of Alchemy.  “We’ll make a bet.  We’ll stake a new, bright, exciting life if you’ll wager the life you have right now.  What do you say?”  There was never any doubt in his mind.  The family didn’t really need his labor, but truthfully that consideration never entered into his calculations.  “What are the rules?”
“We wait.  We’ll tell you if you win or lose in a little while.  But until then, you get to hold the stakes.  Sound fair?”  He left home later that day, only stopping to say goodbye to his mother (she was the only one in the house).  His expedition would be financed by his new lucky dice, as per their agreement.  People were alert for psyenergy “cheating” in isolated market towns, let alone the cities he eventually hoped to reach.  But…

Personality: Many people believe Edan loves gambling; they’re wrong.  He actually loves to win.  But in order to win, you need an opponent.  And after you win a few times, opponents get pretty hard to find.  Gambling is the exception to that—by convincing people that they have a chance, you can make them keep coming, endlessly.
This competitive drive is what lands him in conflict time and time again.  He’s definitely charismatic enough to avoid outright combat most of the time, but he doesn’t really want to.  A loss resulting from such behavior is acceptable—Edan learns why he lost and improves.  He’ll take on any opponent, even if there’s a 99% chance he’ll lose.  Because that 1%...  Man, that’s where they keep the fountain of life!
Of course, there’s no reason not to increase that 1%.  He works for his victories, don’t take it the wrong way.  But he’s the sort of person who would dribble away from the basketball hoop before shooting.  If they had basketball where he grew up.  After all, a 1-point shot just isn’t worth much, no matter what his teammates say.

Other Info: Gambler's Dice is an approved class-change item, making Edan’s current class “Risktaker.”  Edan once had a pet cat.  So did his brother.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Shadowsteel

Image/Description: 6 feet tall, built like a tank. Realistically, she looks like she trusts you as far as she can throw you, because she can throw you pretty damn far. She always has a smile on her face,

Name: Rika Silver

Element: Venus

Weapons: Preference for heavy weapons, and best with them, Axes, Great swords, Etc. Currently armed with a great sword, a training weapon that's been in her family a while, its old and notched, but still sound.

Special Items: Wooden shield, Topaz crystal.

Bio: Following the tale of Isaac, She has trained all her life in order to help people, if not to save the world. The she was given the chance to be a hero, and actually save the world. She jumped on it, to the envy of her younger siblings. Think Paladin, when you think of her. Always trying to help, always jumping head first into combat. She aspires to be as famous as her ancestor, and will try anything. She will simply go ahead with any idea that seems like it may work, and is entirely unafraid to start over if it doesnt. She has three siblings, all younger, ages 3, 7, and 14. Her village is hidden in the mountains, a few days travel from Sol Sanctum.

Personality: Practically a berserker in battle, but very kind and gentle when talking to people. Her family has been strong earth adepts for many years. and they believe that they can trace their lineage back to Isaac the great, who lit the light houses. Outside of combat, she acts as though she wouldnt hurt a fly. Think paladin.

Other Info: The Topaz gem she carries has been in her family for a long time, and they think it might do something., but they dont know what. (possible psynergy, possible class change)

Mhina

My turn!

Description: Small, almost short. Light blue eyes and pale red hair kept in a short ponytail.

Name: Mira Gharine

Element: Jupiter

Weapons: Prefers to use medium length weapons in close combat, though melee is usually plan B. Like projectile weapons such as throwing knives, anything that can be used to anchor electrical based ranged attacks. Currently armed with an unmatched pair of short swords of dubious craftsmanship. In terms of elemental use she gives preference to electricity, but believes that in order to truly be called an adept you must master all aspects of your element.

Special items: A whistle given to her by her Grandfather, a Jupiter adept, that is used to attract Jupiter Djinn, though it's never worked for her before.

Bio: Grew up in a village on the border of a great desert, and trained as a Jupiter adept by her grandfather. Following his death she began to train as a cartographer and attempted to map out the desert with little success, almost dying several times in the process. In recent years her home has been suffering drought and the desert is encroaching on the village, making it ever harder for people there to sustain themselves. One of only three adepts in her village, though the population is reasonably large. Has an intense rivalry with the other two adepts, a pair of twins that each excel in one aspect of the Jupiter element. Mira believes that the only way for her to be considered the best of the three is to beat each of the two at their particular specialty.

Personality: Humble about everything but her element, Mira respects Mars and Mercury adepts but loathes Venus adepts, as she believes that the balance of the elements is holding her back from her true potential. She has become obsessed with finding the Venus lighthouse and either sealing or destroying it, as she believes the resulting unbalance of the elements and loss of it's opposing partner will allow the Jupiter element to reach limitless heights (she isn't necessarily a bad person despite all this). Analytical in battle with an eye towards conservation of energy, though when fighting with others tends to try to outdo them. Not very good people skills, as she doesn't seem to understand nuances of speech and hidden meanings, tending to take statements at face value.