Golden Age of Piracy - Recruiting!

Started by Oneiros, June 01, 2012, 08:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiros

The Golden Age of Piracy. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, but less Johnny Depp (you'd think he was the only pirate in the whole sea). The exact year is a bit tricky, but assume sometime between the 1670s-1740s. We'll narrow it down. Though I don't expect 100% accuracy, I'd like it to be grounded somewhat in reality. So no magic curses that turn you into skeletons under the moonlight or anything. Beyond that, anything else goes. Treasure! Wenches! Booze! Mutiny! And though not firmly rooted in history, treasure maps!

I'd love to get a group game going. Maybe a few different ships, some military, some merchants, some pirates from different areas - I definitely want to include some Barbary pirates (who captured white prisoners to sell to Muslim slavers), maybe set up a couple of pirate towns.

People who know me and my friends know this is probably going to stray heavily into M/M territory, but I have no problem with everyone joining in. There are historical accounts of women pirates, both openly female and disguised as men, and there's prostitutes galore in the pirate towns, so everyone can find something to have fun with. Pirates are a debauched group however, so it'll probably end up in either NC or Extreme, so be prepared for that.

I shall toss a couple of links towards you all, and let you decide if you want in or out.

http://www.thepirateking.com/index.htm
http://www.pirateglossary.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_age_of_piracy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_corsairs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_code

I'd love to get enough interest to get several ships going. Remember, not everyone can be a captain! And even if you do become captain, you might not STAY captain.

Code for character sheets:

[float=left][img height=300 padding=10][/img][/float][b]Player:[/b][url=*link to ons/offs*]Player Name[/url]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] Gay/Straight/Bi/Other (Feel free to note dom/sub/switch if you like also)
[b]Nationality:[/b] What country your character was born in, whether or not their allegiance lies there any longer.

[b]Allegiance:[/b] Are they pirates? Navy? Neutral?
[b]Ship:[/b] You can leave this blank until we sort everyone into ships
[b]Rank/Occupation:[/b] This can also be left blank until we settle everything else.
[b]Equipment:[/b] What kinds of things (non-weapon) do they carry on their person?
[b]Weapons:[/b] Keep it to things available around 1680-1700-ish. I won't be super strict and check every single thing, but no modern weapons. Mostly there were single-shot muskets and flintlock pistols around - and they were rather inaccurate. A pirate generally relied on his sword.

[b]Description:[/b] Physical description, anything that might not be obvious in your picture if you have one.

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Biography:[/b]

[b]Anything else:[/b]

OOC Thread
Character Sheet Thread
Saerra is Co-GM'ing this game with me.

Flaming Dead Man

My pirate's already looking for some booty.

Or maybe to be some.  We'll see.  ;D
Wanderings (Updated 2013.08.21.)
(Check this forum for the posting list, as well.)

Partner Search Thread (Updated 2013.08.21.)

usha

I love a good pirate romp! Count me in as interested! I will withhold character musings for a bit, not sure I want to be a ship captain, I'm much more of a follower than a leader. But I will do what is needed!

Elias

ivygrowth

I'd probably be interested in playing a female pirate of some sort.

Oneiros

Excellent! I know I've got a couple of people who are interested but not online right now. Feel free to invite anyone whom you think might be interested.

I'm thinking we can fill the 'important' ranks with players, and let NPCs take care of all the piddling crap on the ship.

Ranks/Jobs that might be considered important:

Captain
First Mate
Navigator
Doctor/Surgeon
Carpenter
Gunner
Cabin Boy (not necessarily an 'important' job on the ship, but perhaps interesting story-wise)

Napanee

Oh I love the Age of Sail. If you'll have me I'd like to express my interest.

I am a Brit, and so I think I should really play someone in the Royal Navy shouldn't I  ? How about if I'm a young(ish) Lieutenant who has been given a temporary command of a captured pirate ketch ?

A ketch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketch]([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketch)[/url] is quick enough to be able to cause a bit of trouble for unwary pirates, but is also quite small, so apt to get into trouble if not handled expertly. I am more than happy to be a trouble-maker or get captured early on. As long as there is some feminine interest wherever I find myself hanging my hat, I am sure I'd struggle through. (also happy, after OOC discussion, to be the victim of some M/M abuse if thats the way its got to be too).

Cheers,

Napanee

Elias

I wanna know how many ships are being planned because filling all those positions multiple times might be a tall order?

Oneiros

Welcome aboard, napanee! I was worried we might not have anyone interested in being the 'good guys'. ^^

As for the amount of ships: as many as we get people for. Ships come in lots of different sizes, some might have smaller crews, where multiple jobs are taken up by each person. Every single person isn't going to have their own ship, obviously, but every player can have more than one character. We'll basically add ships on an as-needed basis, as they fill up once we start making characters, we'll add new ones.

Elias

ivygrowth

I might be interested in the position of First Mate, if no one else wants it.  A tough as nails woman who got where she was by killing a good number of men.  Though I also like the idea of a stow away of sorts, a woman of fine bearing who ran away from an unpleasant marriage and ended up on the wrong ship.

Elias

Doctor and maybe a slave ship captain later

usha

Awww, well, if another ship opens up, I'd love to take on role of doctor/surgeon, though...how well they would accept a woman is debatable!

Oneiros

She could always disguise herself as a man! ;) I'm thinking we'll probably have at least two pirate ships the way things are going. If we don't get enough interest in playing merchant/navy ships, we can just NPC them out for people to attack. And if you want, your character can start on a merchant/navy ship, then be captured. They'd be likely to keep a doctor around, they're useful!

Elias

>.> I will change my choice for you, I respect a female doctor on a ship... That could be a lot of fun.  :P I will go with gunner.

usha

Ooo, Fedora, I love the idea of being captured off a merchant ship! Being disguised as a man is also fun. I may steal both ideas to use in tandem!

elfguy

I was thinking I could play a Navy Captain, a girl who's been recently promoted and has a lot to prove, and as such tries to be as ruthless as possible against the pirates and wants to drive them to the bottom of the sea to prove she's as able as any male captain in the great navy. We could engage in battle and such, she could come to the help of attacked merchant ships, perhaps capture a pirate here and there for interrogation...
----

Nadir

Yar!

*plants hir flag on the 'Navigator'*

Suiko

Damnit, I don't know what I want to be, but I definitely want to be involved. *Ponders*

Well regardless! *Plants a flag*
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Resetting, reassessing -

Oneiros

Clearly you are a cabin boy who was kidnapped by pirates. ;)

Neysha

I might be interested... not sure who I'll play yet. Always a tough fit to get female characters on a semi-realistic pirate ship.

Maybe I could play various disposable NPC's. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Oneiros

We could always, if we get enough female characters, have a small ship totally manned by a female crew. It'd be an interesting ship and storyline.

Suiko

Ahh, of course!

Either said kidnapped cabin boy, or perhaps a whore looking for excitement who 'convinces' someone to let him on-board.

Not sure which.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

usha

I approve of kidnapping! You can't go wrong with that =D

Napanee

How many is this we've got ? Enough ? I'm anxious to set sail. My mainbrace can be spliced as soon as the word is given!

If it makes sense to have most of us on one of a few ships in close proximity to each other (else there will be a whole lot of sailing and not a lot of shooting), then I am happy to be miserable in the hold of a pirate ship from the very start - though I absolutely can't guarantee I won't try to escape.

N

Oneiros

I think we can probably start coming up with characters! I'll find a character sheet template and fix it to our game. We might have plenty to start soonish, and keep recruiting at the same time, since it'd be easy to sail into a port town and pick up people who want to join in, or attack a ship if they want to be captured.

Suiko

I figure my character will maybe be a street urchin and tries to pickpocket someone already on a ship; hence getting dragged along.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Oneiros

There's some character sheet code up on the first post. Feel free to post your character sheets here to get feedback on them (or PM them to me if you'd rather I look at them with you first). Once the character sheet thread goes up, I'll give people approval to post their own character sheets.

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

elfguy

Player:elfguy
Name: Victoria Standford
Orientation: Bi
Nationality: England
Allegiance: Royal Navy
Ship: Royal Navy ship Enforcer, a frigate of 35 crew members with 12 canons on each sides, 2 at the front, and enough sails to go very fast, constructed to chase down and capture pirate ships, or any fleeing suspect.
Rank/Occupation: Captain
Equipment: She wears a comfortable outfit made mostly of cloth and leather most of the time, although she also has a dress uniform for official visits back to England.
Weapons: She has a sword at her hip and a dagger in one of her boots. (no bow unlike the picture)
Description: She looks like the picture, except she has no bow, and instead has a rugged belt with a sword hanging on it, and she has Royal Navy insignias on her sleeves.
Personality: Victoria likes adventures and acts like a tom-boy, a girl who prefer going into the action and getting her hands dirty, which isn't common in those times so she gets a lot of weird looks. She is usually friendly, but also very focused on her work. Because she's had such a difficult life, she tends to get angry easily if provoked, and has little tolerance for BS. She's always out to prove herself and as such trains regularly with her sword, and tries to always lead her men by her example.
Biography: Victoria is the daughter of a royal family, a Count and Countess back in Wales, and her parents had everything set for her to marry another noble and live a boring life in luxury. But as soon as Victoria was a teenager she decided she would rather have a life of adventure and joined the Navy, over the objection of her family. Her parents disowned her, but she didn't care, living her dream out on the seas. She started her career as a navigation officer but quickly rose to the rank of lieutenant due to her skills and determination. Her presence on board was always a controversy, especially after she was promoted, but she eventually managed to get the respect of her men through her courage and determination. When the captain died from a freak accident, slipping on the deck and falling into a shark, she became captain and has been in command of the Enforcer for almost 6 months. The ship isn't due to return to her home port for several months and she doesn't know if the admirals will let her keep command of this ship, since there had been no female captain before in the Royal Navy. Right now she tries to focus on her task and wants to capture as many pirates and brigands that she can in order to prove her worth as captain.
----

Flaming Dead Man

I think I'll wait to see what's available.  Waiting for my laptop to come back from the shop so things are less annoying to deal with.  xD

I'll play a nice little captive or two if necessary.  <3

Those pretty ones can make a fine catch.  :P

Nadir

Player: Eden
Name: Govad
Orientation: Straight, unless he is drunk. Which is always.
Nationality: French mother, Persian father

Allegiance: To whomever supplies the grog
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Navigator
Equipment: A flask of rum, compass, ink well and quill-pen.
Weapons: A rapier with an Italian swept hilt, two daggers and a stiletto

Description: Govad is tall and lean, he's stronger than he looks and is quick to catch the sun, his skin usually a sun-kissed olive unless he's landside for several months - when not on a ship, he wallows in any booze house that will take his coin, and rarely ventures out in daylight in that case which leaves him pale. Heavily battle scarred under his clothes, he has lost his left eye to shrapnel and his lover right leg to a shark, two fingers of his right hand in a sword fight. Every joint of his left hand seems strangely swollen and out of alignment and he cannot fist it, from when a cannon rolled over it. He has a knot of scars on his abdomen where he took a bullet, which is lodged in his lowest right rib.He wears gold hoops in his ears, five in one and three in the other, two tears where the matching ones belonged. There is an old, age-distorted brand on his left shoulder blade.   

Personality: When he's sober, Govad is restless, short tempered and savage. When drunk, he is no less feral but much more settled in his own skin. The only people he treats with respect are his captain and that is only farce. For all his wildness, he has a keen sense of direction and a mastery of maps that makes his almost mutinous attitude bearable. He is no coward, and will fight tooth and nail to defend the ship he is housed on - though asking him to go out of his way to save the crew is pushing it.

Biography: Govad was born to a slave girl in Constantinople, where he was raised to serve in kind. When he was ten, he was sold to another household and branded to mark him as property. The would, however, became infected and he fell into a fever, and the family simply dumped him on the street. He survived, and lived some time on the streets before finding his way to the docks and stowing away on a ship. For a year, he remained there, managing to remain undetected until the vessel was commandeered by a pirate crew. He was found shortly after, thanks to the greed of the captain demanding every nook of his new ship be explored for hidden wealth.

Govad's luck was in, and instead of being thrown overboard he was kept to lend help to the crew, doing the lowliest tasks. When he was sixteen, he was able to read maps and weather better than the written word. At eighteen he changed ship to escape the unwanted attentions of the ship's surgeon. At twenty-three when he was suspected of murdering the first mate, and escaped lynching by diving overboard. For three days he was adrift. It was then that he lost his lower leg to a shark, but was pulled to safety by a cargo vessel. He was roughly patched up and let off in the next port.

The misadventure had left him more feral than ever, and his bloodthirsty nature won him welcome on the most daring of ships.

He has been with his current crew for three years. Tension between himself and the captain was strained even before they set out, and the rest of the crew echoed Govad's frustration at the captain's over cautious plans. It was after the third cargo ship had escaped them that Govad lost his patience and slew the captain... which was more accident than he let the crew know. Killing his captain meant that he could never again be another crew member, for no captain would trust him not to insight another mutiny. Now, he was stuck.   

Anything else: tba

elfguy

Btw I'm fine with NPC playing the men under Victoria's command on the Enforcer ship, unless someone wants to be on her crew.
----

Elias

http://http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/9/95/Gol_D._Roger.jpg

Player: Elias
Name: Formerly known as "The black Heart" Captain of the sangriento Dinero (Bloody Dollar) Passing himself off as Mr. Smith
Orientation: Straight
Nationality: Spanish and English

Allegiance: Himself
Ship:Searching
Rank/Occupation: Doctor
Equipment: Whiskey and lots of it, saws and other utensils for surgery.
Weapons: Six pistols and a rapier

Description: Pic above Stands at 6'1 and is known for a ruthless stare down that scared his crew into even the most insane circumstances.

Personality: He made a great captain, gritty and uncompromising he worked hard, not one to rest on laurels he did every job his crew did and even worked as surgeon when his own fell ill with scurvy. However, hes also hard pressed to listen to anyone. He will raise hell if given stupid orders and knows how a ship is to be run... Only trouble lies in his future still he prays he can move past his issues so he can stay on the sea and avoid the hangman...

Biography: Formerly known as "The black Heart" Captain of the sangriento Dinero (Bloody Dollar)  however his ship has been sunk and he had been captured; thanks to some friends in low places he managed to escape the hangman's noose but lost everything in the process. With his ship and crew gone he looks to find another vessel and live out the remainder of his life without being noticed too much. Most think hes dead now anyway. He just cant imagine a life without the sea. The first ship he hopped on however, was taken down and once again hes a prisoner... Life is rough for the former captain.

Anything else:
Official Spanish Bounty: 7,000 gold
Official British Bounty: 12,000 gold
Official Dutch Bounty: 5,000 gold

He has only recently escaped none of these bounties have been recirculated however, legend of the sangriento Dinero's captain is well known and more than a few captains live to emulate him, while even more would be happy to take his head... Life at sea has given him more enemies than admirers.

The Spanish were the ones who last captured him, and they are once again on the hunt for him.

Saerrael

I may be interested. Are there any nobles around as of yet...?

Oneiros

Nobles in what sense?

Also, sexy navigator, Eden. <3

Saerrael

As in high born English tea drinking snobs.

ivygrowth

Player: ivygrowth
Name: Dierdre 'Smoke' Cullen
Nationality: Irish

Allegiance: Pirate
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: First Mate (if possible)
Equipment: A small concealed bag of money.  Extra gunpowder/shot.  Soap.  A small concealed bag of (fake, glass) rubies.  A lockpick in her cuff and a second in her boot.  A riding crop.
Weapons: A long dagger, nearly big enough to be called a sword.  Several concealed knives.  Two flintlock pistols.

Description:  Not thrilled with the picture, as I was seeing her as being a bit sterner, but closest I could find.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality:  Cold and calculating.  She is not above killing at the slightest provocation, and got where she was by shooting any man stupid enough to confront her about her gender. 

Biography: Dierdre got her start as a smuggler and general insurgent in Ireland.  Her family had long been opposed to the British, and had allied themselves with her enemies.  She, and her family, were captured by a Royal Navy ship while smuggling goods from France, and the entirety of the crew save for Dierdre herself were executed for their crimes.  Dierdre was spared death by claiming she was pregnant, and later managed to escape by charming several of the guards and acting the innocent young woman.  She swore revenge against the Royal Navy and British Crown, and began her life as a pirate.

Dierdre, now going by the nickname Smoke, did have some trouble being treated as a true pirate and not a whore.  She began to build a name for herself by the simple expedient of shooting anyone that tried to take advantage, and for burning a British merchant ship at port.  She was recruited by a more open-minded Captain and, due to her viciousness, determination, and skill, slowly rose through the ranks.

Anything else:

Oneiros

Pirate or Navy, Saerra? ;)

Liking the characters so far. I'm half babysitting my nephew right now so I can't go really in-depth into anything yet, but I like what I see so far.

Suiko

Just like to say that I'd like to save the role of a cabin boy, but I'm still pondering over how he gets on a ship.

More to the point, would the RP be starting on the ships? Or would it start at port? Or different places for different crews?
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Saerrael

Quote from: Fedora on June 02, 2012, 05:39:06 PM
Pirate or Navy, Saerra? ;)

Liking the characters so far. I'm half babysitting my nephew right now so I can't go really in-depth into anything yet, but I like what I see so far.

Financer for one side.

Still thinking.

This guy is in my head...

Marie Reynolds

Hmm this would be for someone on the navy side I was thinking of playing a former Navy captain who became a Jesuit priest as an effort to better himself from who he became during his time in the navy and to serve as a chaplain on board and maybe take on being a mentor to a up and comming captain to prevent someone walking the same road as him

Oneiros

Cabin boy is yours then, Eros. ;)

And it all depends.  It might be easiest to get everyone mingling at a port for a day, then shipping off.

Of course, that leaves the question of where napanee's and usha's characters are. Of course, if they're fine with having been already captured  and holed up in the brig when the game starts, that works.

Or they could both be on the same ship and shortly after the pirates head out to sea, they're captured.

Also, I like that picture, Saerra.

Saerrael

Yeah, he's demanding to be written.. so I will fill in the sheet in a sec *winks*

Suiko

Player:Angel Eros
Name: Lucas
Orientation: Gay (Switch-Bottom)
Nationality: England, though he has no real loyalty to the country.

Allegiance: Neutral
Ship: The Dirty Secret (Eventually)
Rank/Occupation: Ship whore Cabin boy (when he's on a ship)
Equipment: A bit of loose change.
Weapons: A small dagger tucked away in the waistband of his pants.

Description: Lucas has a rather slender frame, standing at around 5'8 in height; he's quick and nimble as opposed to physically strong. His clothes are rather well-worn since he doesn't have the money to afford such frivolous things; a pair of black legging, somewhat tattered with the occasional sewn-together hole and a simple white shirt hang loosely on his body, again with several patched tears in the fabric. He does his best to keep everything clean to look good for potential customers, so he's never too dirty. His boots are the only thing he's overly fond of; bought for hi by a wealthy client (who will remain nameless always) he always looks after them.

Personality: He has always had to be somewhat tough owing to his life on the streets. While not being rude, he's not shy of expressing his personal opinion, and he won't let himself be pushed around, regardless of who he's talking to. This stubborn streak can often get him in trouble, but he has a silver tongue when it comes to flattery and persuasion, meaning he can often get himself out of any bad situation he finds himself in; he always has his body to offer if all else fails, after all. He's very self-sufficient also, and prides himself on not needing anyone to help him through life. He works for everything he's ever had, and never takes charity from anyone.
Despite being a stubborn, outspoken boy, he is also very loyal to anyone who earns his trust; not easily given, but always valued once held. He's a good soul deep down, but he wouldn't be opposed to a spot of plunder and fun... If the payment was right.

Biography: His life story is nothing unique in the docks. His mother was but one of many prostitutes who worked the streets at night, his father (she claimed) was one of the wealthy noblemen who lived further inland. Such a claim didn't sit well with the man however; a man who prided himself on his supposedly wonderful family, and his wife didn't approve of a simple whore casting such aspersions on her husband. Whether or not the claim was true was never known. Lucas' mother died during childbirth, leaving the boy to be raised by several of the woman's friends in and out of the brothel. It was a pleasant enough existence, save the occasional beating and unpleasant client; he grew up wise to the ways of the street and people, had enough money to avoid hunger and his appearance ensured he often received only wealthy clients.
Perhaps some would pity him for his upbringing and lack of opportunity, but Lucas has always been perfectly content with his lot in life; he enjoys sex, he enjoys being doted on as some clients do. He's far luckier than many boys his age as he well knows, so why would he want anything more?

Anything else: --
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Saerrael

Player: Saerra
Name: Christoph le Croix, Mister Cross, Lord Cross, Mister Gold, That Filthy Son of a Bitch.
Orientation: Gay. "Do what I say and I might let you live." Strong Dom.
Nationality: Born in England. English mother from a very good family and a French father of disputable origin.

Allegiance: The side that earns him the most coin.
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Financer of operations. You work on a ship he owns in this way, he rather not see you drinking his money away.
Equipment: Documents you won't be reading any time soon. Writing utensils. A very well filled money bag. Wears a blank signet ring on his left hand's ringfinger.
Weapons: Excellent swordsman. Prefers the rapier, but can handle most swords without effort. Carries muskets on land but dislikes his powder getting wet and having to deal with the hassle on ships.
Aside these more standard weapons he always carries a whip. Not only does that operate quite satisfactory in any a weather, it also serves in the bedroom.

Description: Towering tall. Though he appears to have no muscle to him, that's all clothing. Though he's slender, there is only muscle under the expensive clothes he wears.
Pale skin, amber eyes that can appear red in certain lighting, black hair he wears loose.

Personality: In short, he's a bastard, and not only because he was born out of wedlock. Mostly concerned with his money, he doesn't care all too much about people. Though he can be deadly charming when he wants to get his way, and very effective at a negotiation table as he enjoys those kind of games a little too much.
If he had any less power than would be normal, he'd be a very dangerous manipulator.

Biography: Born as a bastard, Christoph had less influence in his family than he wanted. Though not send away to France, he wasn't exactly wanted, either, and grew up mostly fending for himself. Now his mother is too old to say all that much about how he spends the family fortune; he spends it as he sees fit. Unfortunately he does have to work around his brothers, but he manages his money almost untraceable and makes damn sure he makes a profit out of his investments. If that means he has to invest in piracy, all the better.

Anything else: Christoph has no feeling of loyalty what so ever and just as happily finances a legit or pirated operation and has been known to play both sides of the field in the same year. This also makes him known to all sides and to all parties that these sides have negotiated with. He has been playing around like this for about ten years.

AribethAmkiir

Player:AribethAmkiir
Name: Katarina Acosta
Nationality: Spanish

Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Captain (if possible), or Quartermaster
Equipment: Ship ledger, spy glass, concealed money purse, soap, gunpowder horn, bag of musket balls.
Weapons: 4-5 flintlock pistols upon her body, several concealed knives, a dagger, and a cutlass.

Description: Katarina is a tall woman (for the time period), at 5’8” and has a thicker bone structure than common women.  Her Spanish decent is evident in her dark hair and brown eyes.  She is smooth skinned and fleet of foot, and normally wears loose men’s clothing to help conceal her gender.

Personality: Katarina has a reputation for being ruthlessly savage to her enemies and rewarding her friends.  She is an intelligent woman, with obvious education, and has a unflappable charm that makes it easy to like her.  She is cunning and deceitful and thoroughly enjoys being a pirate.

Biography: Katarina was actually born Katharine de la Costa.  She was the youngest daughter of a wealthy banker and plantation owner in the region of Cadiz.  At the age of sixteen, Katharine, along with her sisters, was kidnapped from her home by Barbary pirates.  The girls were meant to be sold as slaves, yet the Katharine caught the Captain’s eye and he kept her for his own.  The captain was not a kind man, and Katherine quickly learned how to endure his attention and even appease the man’s appetites.  It wasn’t long before he decided to make her his wife and she was married.

She endured this life for two years, before she was finally able to sew enough discord amongst the pirates to cause a mutiny.  She slit her husband’s throat during the chaos of the mutiny and then jumped ship.  She discovered that her family had all been killed or sold into slavery.

It wasn’t long before she caught the eye of another man of fortune.  When the authorities came to arrest her for piracy and murder, he helped her escape and together they stole a Sloop and entered a life of piracy.  She concealed her gender from the crew and acted as an officer on the ship.  (I’ll leave the story here to see what position she winds up with).

Anything else:

Napanee

Player:Napanee
Name: Giles Wilberforce (A Highborn English tea drinking snob)
Nationality: Loyal Englishman
Allegiance:  His Majesty's Royal Navy.
Ship: tbd
Rank/Occupation: He is a Lieutenant
Equipment: A small china teapot, and a tin mug.
Weapons: A heavy sea-service sword (i.e. cutlass), a boot knife, and a pistol

Description: As per the picture.

Personality: Stupidly brave (some would say foolhardy). Generally intelligent, likes to see the glass half full. Tenacious, inventive.

Biography: As a Highborn English tea drinking snob, the son of another Highborn English tea drinking snob, Giles joined the Navy as a Midshipman aged 11 (a squeaker). He is in line to become Baronet of Colchester when his father finally pops his clogs. Right now, his father is causing all kinds of trouble in the House of Commons, speaking for the opposition about naval matters. Something for which he thinks he is qualified on account of his son. Giles suffers his father, and rather than making his progression up the ranks easier, his father's antics cause him to be viewed with suspicion - if the father is against the ruling party, surely the son must be etc. ? Giles, therefore, is only a Lieutenant when he is easily capable of being a Commander. He has also been sent to the god awful Caribbean to fight pirates when everyone knows that eight out of ten who come to the Caribbean are killed by the Yellow Jack (Yellow fever) rather than in ship to ship actions. Nevertheless, he is here, and he will do his duty. Lets just hope there is some decent wine to be found before too long.

Anything else:

Saerrael

Quote from: napanee on June 02, 2012, 07:19:21 PM

Name: Giles Wilberforce (A Highborn English tea drinking snob)

Hahahaha!! xD

Napanee

Quote from: Saerra on June 02, 2012, 07:20:16 PM
Hahahaha!! xD

I thought you might like that. Giles will be, like me, a man with a somewhat twisted sense of humour.

Saerrael

Quote from: napanee on June 02, 2012, 07:24:00 PM
I thought you might like that. Giles will be, like me, a man with a somewhat twisted sense of humour.

It had me laughing out loud, indeed. *is still grinning*

Hm... think Giles and dear little Christoph are acquainted through family?

usha

Player:Usha
Name: Melania Idoia / Melchor Idoia
Orientation: Straight, Submissive, potential for switch depending on the scene.
Nationality: Spanish

Allegiance: Neutral
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Apprentice Doctor/Apothecary
Equipment: Herbs and medicines, bandages, sewing kit (both for clothing and people!), various tools required for her trade.
Weapons: Currently several sharp knives of varying sizes, never before used for combat, but useful in minor operations and in the preperation of medications.

Description: Exotic, tanned skin, wavy black hair, stands at 5'3" with dark brown eyes. Melania as per picture. Melchor shares the same height and slender build, same warm brown eyes and dark hair. He keeps his hair swept back into a long ponytail, or otherwise braided. He keeps himself impeccably dressed, quite formal in his attire at all times.

Personality: Its hard to say is Melania herself even knows who she is. Having to live a dual life, she has had to make certain changes in herself. Melania has been repressed, and it is hard to say who she truly is. Melchior, however is known to be a true gentleman. If he has any vices, aside from secretly being a woman, none are known. He is a man of few words and quick action, intelligent and a man of the books. He is good at what he does, despite his youth. He is not known to drink, or whore, or even join in gambling. He is solitairey and asocial, but always available should his counsel be sought.

Biography: Melania was born as the only child to an apothecary and his wife. She was not a boy, so it was frowned upon that she should learn the skills and while she was not formally taught, she learned a great deal simply by assisting her father in his practice and his shop. Her mother died in child birth, as well as their son, devastating the family of two. Melania was uninterested in the advances of men, her desire for knowledge and love of medicine taking precedence. Her father's death, therefore, left her devastated and without a means for survival. The apothecary shop and their home was taken to pay for debts, and she was unable to hold land. In desperation she turned to the one thing she knew, even if it meant she would have to hide who she truly was.

Melchor Idoia signed on to a merchant vessel days after Melania disappeared. A skilled apothecary and a passable doctor, he was readily accepted onboard a vessel heading towards china to trade in teas and spices. The secret is carefully guarded, and has been for the last three years. Melchor lives the unassuming, quiet life, at least as much as he can sailing from port to port. He is known to be a gentleman, never engaging in vices such as drinking, or prostitution, or even gambling. Odd for a young man, but his skills are valuable enough that no one wishes to press it.

Anything else: Just wanted to get this up, still a work in progress, obviously ;)

Oneiros

NinjaWeazel

Hm.  I'm interested... can we get a consolidated list of who is on what ships?  I have a couple of ideas, but I want to see where there is open space before I start wringing out the brain-sweat.

Saerrael

I think Fedora's doing it the other way around; see which positions are demanded the most, then decide on how many ships are needed.

Oneiros

I'm going to start assigning spots on ships soon :) I think we have at least two ships full of pirates, and are working on a navy ship.

Saerrael

*raises a hand* I prefer Chris to be on a pirate ship, by the way.

Oneiros

*grins* Settled on the pirate side, eh? He'll be on a pirate ship then. ;)

Suiko

I would also like to be on a pirate ship. I can't see a navy vessel keeping a boy captive. <<
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Saerrael

Quote from: Fedora on June 02, 2012, 08:10:05 PM
*grins* Settled on the pirate side, eh? He'll be on a pirate ship then. ;)

Hey, he might go where the money goes, but I go where the most opportunity is for some raw.. err.. ehm.. booty! *nods sagely*

Quote from: Angel Eros on June 02, 2012, 08:10:15 PM
I would also like to be on a pirate ship. I can't see a navy vessel keeping a boy captive. <<

Speak of the devil.

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

NinjaWeazel

Oho then.  I suspect I shall become the captain of a privateer, since the Navy clearly needs some representation.  And I can in fact whip out an entire roster of NPC crewmen to be replaced with PCs as necessary for the sake of convenience.

Nadir

Quote from: Angel Eros on June 02, 2012, 08:10:15 PM

Actually, the navy's main form or recruiting was to kidnap >_>

Oneiros

Quote from: Eden on June 02, 2012, 08:30:37 PM
Actually, the navy's main form or recruiting was to kidnap >_>

This is very true. ;) They'd scoop young men up and put them to work. Where would they go? Soon enough they're in the middle of the ocean.

And you're welcome to join the navy, NinjaWeazel!

NinjaWeazel

Marie Reynolds

Yep, the Royal Navy called it "Press Ganging"

Flaming Dead Man

It's a lot to catch up to on my phone...  >>  -Curses the slow thing.-

Can I do a sort of... what's the word I'm looking for..?

Con-artist!  Sort of.  xD

He'd play different parts, working his way onto a ship or into an estate, and when the ship would dock or the time was right, he'd take off with a good bit of plunder and disappear.

He'd be a master of disguise.  :)

Oneiros

We have some openings especially on the 'female' ship and in the navy.
Women don't HAVE to go on the female ship, by the way!

Male Ship
Govad – Captain/Navigator
Cristoph la Croix – Financier/Quartermaster
Du'an - Boatswain
Lucas – Cabin Boy
Edgar Marks - Prisoner

Female Ship
Katarina Acosta – Captain
Dierdre Cullen – First Mate
Edouard (Brigit) LeFevre- Boatswain
Mr. Smith – Prisoner(Doctor)
Giles Wilberforce - Prisoner

Navy
Melania(Melchor) Idoia - Doctor/surgeon
(We have two more potential navy characters also)

Sparrowhawke

*nerves*

Well, I have a potential character, he could work as a Navy guy if they allow for some scary, sadistic sons-of-bitches on there. Not sure how well he'd fit in with the other navy characters, though I suppose I could always make him some sort of ex-navy bounty hunter.

Ironically, Sae, Cristoph frightens my testicles. That is all.

elfguy

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on June 04, 2012, 02:44:05 AM
*nerves*

Well, I have a potential character, he could work as a Navy guy if they allow for some scary, sadistic sons-of-bitches on there. Not sure how well he'd fit in with the other navy characters, though I suppose I could always make him some sort of ex-navy bounty hunter.

Ironically, Sae, Cristoph frightens my testicles. That is all.

I'm always up for having players on my ship, assuming my girl Captain gets approved.
----

Oneiros

Going to be getting some general threads up soon. If you want in in the initial ships, now's the time to hurry and get a character sheet written up!

NinjaWeazel

Player:NinjaWeazel
Name: Asher Conleth
Nationality: English

Allegiance: Former smuggler, currently Privateer for the Crown of England. 
Ship: The Harlequin, a three-masted clipper
Rank/Occupation: Captain
Equipment: A flask of fine brandy, quill and ink, lockpicks.
Weapons: A single flintlock pistol, a belt of throwing knives, a dagger for his left hand, and a cutlass.

Description: Asher Conleth is a man of unassuming build, standing 5'11 and weighing 170 lbs.  His hair and beard are a dark chestnut with touches of iron grey, sharply contrasted by his bright blue eyes.  His typical sea outfit consists of well-worn boots and pants of soft black leather, a loose white cotton shirt tucked into a wide sash, and a dark blue captains greatcoat.

Personality: A gentleman, a rogue, a fearless sailor, and a mild romantic, Conleth is a man in love with life.  He enjoys adventure, adores a challenge, treats his crew with respect and dignity, and loves his ship as though it was his only child.

Biography:  Born in southern England, his father was a merchant and his mother was a proper English lady.  When his father was lost to a storm at sea, his mother followed not long after.  Some say it was a broken heart.  Asher took the family fortune, sank it into building his ship and the trade business, and never looked back as he set out to rule the ocean that conquered his father.  Eventually his smuggling ventures became significant enough to garner official notice, at which point the choice became the rope or the writ.

Anything else:  i can, if you want, whip up an NPC roster for the Harlequin for whatever spots you don't fill with PCs.

Healergirl

My apologies if I've missed it, but what ocean is this starting in?  The Caribbean?  Barbary links could imply the Mediterranean?  Very interested in this!

Oneiros

We're going for kind of a general "Atlantic" area, and probably ending up around the Caribbean/Central America. I'd love to include Barbary pirates but we haven't worked them in just yet. There's still plenty of room for more people to join in! Feel free to fill out a sheet, you can post it here or in OOC, or PM it to me.

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, so I couldn't help myself, I have to throw my hat into this ring, if you'll have me of course.  Here's my character sheet for the carpenter position on a ship.

Player: undisclosedtoyou
Name: Thomas Deveraux
Nationality: English

Allegiance: Pirates
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Carpenter
Equipment: One Hammer, chisel, Wood file, and Large Screwdriver.  As well as the contents of a small pouch, four pieces of eight, a single blue glass marble, and a tiny tin toy soldier.
Weapons: One grapple, and a sharp blade.

Description: Tall and broad, Tom stands at 5'9".  His frame is muscled from long hours of working as a woodcutter/carpenter, and his skin is a bronze color from having to work long hours out in the sun when it's needed.  His body is littered with scars, some from accidents while working, and a few from fights from his past.

Personality: Tom is rude, abrupt, and completely uncaring of anyone but himself.  Fiercely protective of the vessel he serves on, he's been known to attack anyone who would put on any unneeded damage to the ship, going so far as to cut out the tongue's of those he thinks are the biggest perpetrators.  He's not completely unsocial, as he likes to drink with the crew as much as any man; but even drink wouldn't make him forget his tools, tools that can double as weapons on any occasion.

Biography: Born and raised in the slums of the London docks, he grew up one of twelve siblings, and the youngest son, in a dirt poor hovel of a home; but other than the hunger, he never wished for more than he had.  As he grew older, he, like his brothers, went to work with their father, taking to the sea until he was more comfortable on the rocking ships, than on the solid dry land.  At the age of thirteen, he left his father to work away from his family on another ship. 

His life was simple, he took a wife, and had a son, but the tumultuous salty seas called to him, and he eventually left them behind, to continue on with his life.  Eventually, the ship he was working on was attacked, and he was forced into servitude on a pirate ship.  Despite his seemingly forced servitude, Tom took to his work like he would if he had willingly asked for employment.  To him, work was work, and as well as he got to do what he did best, he could care less if someone wanted to call if forced, or not.

Anything else: Hates anyone who touches his tools without permission, not that he'd give it, and will not hesitate to punish those he feels are too rough on ship.

Because I had for too much time on my hands

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Saerrael

Flaming Dead Man

FEDORA.

I think I figured it out.

Perhaps Du'an could catch Edgar's eye and he'd attempt to one-up him like he does everyone else, but Du'an gets to it first.  >:3

-Attempt.-

SeriousMoonlight

*peeks in* Are you still accepting new characters?
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Yay for being accepted!

Quote from: Saerra on June 05, 2012, 10:11:15 PM
*spies a Dis* zamg!

What's a zamg?  Should I be scared or delighted?

Quote from: SeriousMoonlight on June 05, 2012, 10:18:13 PM

I think so :).
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oneiros

Sure are, yes. We've only just barely started so you have time. :) We have a particular need for crew members for the 'female' ship (doesn't have to be female), and for the Navy, but if you want on the other ship we can squeeze you in. And you're allowed to change ships via kidnapping/running away/et cetera throughout the game.

Saerrael

I would say that we are, indeed. *smiles*

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on June 05, 2012, 10:20:20 PM
Yay for being accepted!

What's a zamg?  Should I be scared or delighted?

I think so :).

It is a very rare, Angelic exclamation of utter disbelieve, mingled with happiness *nods sagely*

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Your personal title is utter brilliance

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Eden on June 05, 2012, 10:27:10 PM
Your personal title is utter brilliance

I'm glad someone other than me thinks it's clever!  ;D *scuttles away to make a character*
Hello, I'm Moon!

Saerrael

Oneiros

Added my other character for The Siren's Call, claiming the rank of Master Gunner (but I can be persuaded to change it if a newcomer wants that job on that ship).

SeriousMoonlight

I meant to ask - what are the ship names and what positions/jobs are needed on them? I'd like to fill something up that's needed instead of making a duplicate of something you already have!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Oneiros

Let's see... this is the most recent list of characters:

Male Ship
Cristoph la Croix – Financier/Quartermaster
Du'an - Boatswain
Lucas – Cabin Boy
Thomas Deveraux - Carpenter
Edgar Marks - Prisoner

Female Ship
Edouard (Brigit) LeFevre- Master Gunner
"Mr. Smith" – Prisoner(Doctor)

Navy
Victoria Standford - Captain

Looks like the female ship needs a carpenter and a couple of miscellaneous jobs, and the Navy needs many different people.

SeriousMoonlight

Player: SeriousMoonlight
Name: Capucine Cervantes
Gender: Apathetic Born female, doesn't identify with being a woman or a man. Enjoys making people guess.
Orientation: Pansexual switch
Nationality: French dad, Spanish mom - born in England but isn't terribly loyal

Ship: Siren's Call
Rank/Occupation: Carpenter
Equipment: A small bag of money, a hammer and nails and other various carpentry tools, caltrops, fiddle
Weapons: A cutlass, a buckler, dagger in boot

Description: Capu is able to look androgynous with some effort on their part - their face is rather feminine and so while they can pass as male when binding, they still look like a very feminine young boy. They don't exactly hide their biological sex, but rather enjoy making a game out of it and seeing how long they can make people wonder. Their perception of themselves varies often, and as a result Capu is always changing their clothing style and wardrobe to match. It seems like the young person is constantly smiling with a mischievous twinkle in their blue eyes. Their hands are calloused and slightly rough from all the work they do with their hands. Capu is fairly short, standing around 5'4", and playfully makes jokes about their height at their own expense.

Personality: Capu is possibly the nicest pirate you'll ever meet. They'll do anything for a laugh - life is a big joke to them and they cannot abide by dullness or boredom. Nothing is ever half-assed or lazily done with them, and they throw themself into any work or play they do headfirst at full tilt. The almost boundless source of energy is infectious, and they have a way of making people smile. Of course, there's a serious side to them too - they wouldn't have survived on the seas very long if there wasn't. Quick-witted and streetwise, Capu does not let themselves be taken advantage of or mistreated and they stand up for themselves whenever it's deemed necessary.

Biography: Capucine Cervantes was born in England, to a doting couple of mixed heritage. The parents could barely keep up with their rambunctious child - one day she pretended to be a princess stuck in a castle, the next day he wanted to be a sailor in the Navy. It was only a matter of time before Capucine set off onto a ship as an apprentice carpenter, happily spending time on the neutral vessel before being lured in by the call of piracy.

Anything else: About the character's pronouns: since their gender identity changes like the wind, I'll be using different ones to refer to them in different scenes. Your character can refer to them however they like! It's not a big deal.

They love music, and are quite fond of playing their fiddle whenever they can get away with it.

Capu also brought a cat onto the ship - a black tomcat named Ocho who serves as the ship's mouser.
Hello, I'm Moon!

Saerrael

*fixes something...*

Male Ship -The Dirty Secret-
Christoph la Croix – Financier/Quartermaster
Du'an - Boatswain
Lucas – Cabin Boy
Thomas Deveraux - Carpenter
Edgar Marks - Prisoner

Female Ship  -Siren's Call- (last I checked)
Edouard (Brigit) LeFevre- Master Gunner
"Mr. Smith" – Prisoner(Doctor)

Navy
Victoria Standford - Captain

Flaming Dead Man

Saerrael

Painkillers not working >.>
Humid weather, too cold, angry, annoyed Angel.
I'll live.

Flaming Dead Man

Awe.  D:

Feel free to use this to take out any anger/annoyance...

-Plops a Charlie down near Sae.  Charlie loves the abuse.-

SeriousMoonlight

*quickly changes the name of 'S.S. Ladyboat' to Siren's Call*

>_>;
Hello, I'm Moon!

Flaming Dead Man

-Snicker.-

We didn't see nothin', nope.  :3

Saerrael

I see Nightingale armour..

Gah!

*drags self back to OOC thread* >.>

Healergirl

Presenting Mary Nash:

Mary Nash
Orientation:  Straight, but curious. 
Nationality  Virginia colony: 

Allegiance  Neutral: 
Ship: 
Rank/Occupation:  Fisherman, but is an excellent tops'lman 
Equipment  Sheath knife - a working tool, a coil of light rope, flint and steel, timder, the sort of stuff a sane sailor never leaves his or her hammock without.:n
Weapons  Belayingpin - a surprisingly multipurpose tool/weapon, a musket nearly as tall as she is.: .

Description:[  dark brown hair just long enough for the ponytail she usually wears it in, a shade over five foot four, lightly built.  A small bosom usually hidden by her clothing.  Can pass for a boy, but usually does not bother. to hide her gender.  hazel eyes, skin is fair where covered, her face, feet and hands are sun browned./b]
Personality:  Positive, up beat, buoyant, but not stupid. 

Biography:

Anything else:   She is not particularly formidable, but is very quick and agile, keeps her eyes open, has very good situational awareness, she knows what is happening around her.  She is an excellent shot, has a favored smooth bore musket she uses in combat. Very high q She does not trust pistols, thinks anybody who relies on such an expensive toy deserves what will probably happen to them.  She loves rifles, has fired them, but cannot afford one.

DRoux

Consider me interested.

If you think we've got enough female pirates with me included to set up the entirely female ship, I'll do that, but if not, I think I'll balance it out with a male pirate.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Saerrael

Welcome, DRoux.
At the moment the plan still is to have one ship sail out, but, if we find we have enough characters to spread over two ships, have them change from one to the other along the line.
You can just write a character of a gender you wish to play as and jump ship later if that's your goal. It depends a bit on what you want.

Healergirl

Droux

Welcome!  And play what you wish.  Mar is posing as a boy, is thinking she may have made a huge mistake with that.  Josietta will be running a female landlubber thief turned pirate.  So there are women aboard.

DRoux

Player: DRoux
Name: Veronique Charbonneau
Orientation: Bi sub
Nationality: French

Ship: Siren's Call
Rank/Occupation: Musician, "rigging rat."
Equipment: A flute, a flask of rum, and a fork and spoon. Old habits die hard, after all.
Weapons: Three flintlock pistols of varying size, going from what is essentially a musket with its stock and barrel shortened, down to a little pocket pistol that almost fits in her palm; a large dagger; and two boarding axes (please disregard the cutlass in the picture. Also, that dagger should ideally have a crossguard, be straight, and be two-edged. But now I'm getting nitpicky).

Description: In addition to the tattoos visible, she has a map of the Caribbean tattooed on her back, and a fleur-de-lis tattooed over her heart.

Personality: Intelligent and clever, Veronique has the rare luxury among pirates of having been well-educated. However, she isn't always well-liked, as she also has a tendency to spout off sarcastic comments at the slightest provocation. She says, when questioned about what she would do against superior odds, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Biography: The daughter of a French government official helping a governor run a colony, Veronique became bored with her high-tone and well-to-do lifestyle during her early teenage years, and eventually stowed away aboard a sufficiently shady-looking ship when she was sixteen. Subsequently, she ended up in the nominally French-controlled port of Tortuga, off of Hispaniola, and struggled to find work. As a result, a lot of her "work" turned to avoiding drunken pirates looking for booty that wasn't glittering in a chest, and stealing from said drunk pirates when they went off chasing someone else. She was eventually brought onto her first pirate ship as a result of her ability to quickly scale rigging and board ships, and her flute-playing ability.

Anything else: She can play the flute, and usually sticks to eating with her utensils.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Saerrael

Lovely! Thank you. I've send it to the GM as I don't handle sheets, myself (I'm too strict). He's currently on a plane, and will have had quite a long flight, so you may have to wait for a day, maybe two, due to jetlag.

Flaming Dead Man

Jetlaaag.

I'm gonna be all sorts of messed up.

My mate's 19 hours ahead of me.  >>;  And I'm flying 20 hours back...

Healergirl

(stares at Veronique's picrture)

Oh dear.  Now why can't I find a pic for Mary?  Must search harder....

Love And Submission

Player:DTW
Name: Benedict "Big Ben" Hammersmith
Orientation: Bisexual (Psychical Dom)
Nationality: British ( East End , London)

Allegiance:Navy
Ship: You can leave this blank until we sort everyone into ships
Rank/Occupation: Midshipman
Equipment:None
Weapons: One flintlock pistol (For Emergency's only)

Description: At six four , Benedict is one of the tallest sailors in all the English navy. He's a savage looking man , well muscled and brutish. He is said to be able to lift an entire barrel of whiskey by himself and is generally his captain's first choice for helping move equipment around the ship. Benedict rarely smiles and not one for keeping up appearances despite the navy's strict clothing guidelines though that may be more to the difficultly of finding clothes for such a large figure in the Caribbean.

Personality: Despite his size , Ben Hammersmith is a relatively kind and gentle man. Especially when compared to the average person around him. Despite this , he is quick to fight but not out of hate or anger , he likes physical competition and finds it easier to start a fight then a game of a polo. The Muscular hammersmith isn't a man of romance but he has been known to get an urge or two like the rest of the people in the world and he has been known to pay begrudgingly for companionship when homesick. He holds no ill will against pirates in particular , they are merely his enemy due to his occupation.

Biography: Benedict "Big Ben" Hammersmith was born in London , England. His father was a butcher, and his mother was a maid. He had a simple childhood though his family was far from rich and survived mostly off his father's discarded stock. Perhaps it was a steady diet of pork and beef products that lead to Benedict Hammersmith's unusual size , even as a child he was frequently the tallest adolescent for miles around and a victim of unjust ridicule because of it. Despite this , Benedict grew up with a sunny disposition and a love of his country , that lead him to the life of a seaman. In the English Navy , For the first time in his life Benedict began to see his height and size as an asset instead of hindrance. He found moving cannons around and transporting the crew's nourishment much easier then his average compatriot yet actually fitting inside the ship was made incredibly difficult by his height though he grew to accept the challenge.

As a naval officer , Mister Hammersmith has found peace and serenity at sea except for when in actual combat which he has rarely found himself in. Yet each time he has found himself in such a situation he has acted proudly and spiritedly as his country expected of him. Perhaps out of misguided patriotism or hardheadedness , Benedict hammersmith has no particular qualms taking the life of another combat in battle. Those who deny the greatness of the British Empire , are to be dispatched with and to do so for the British Empire is the greatest honor a man could receive in Benedict's eyes at least.

Anything else:

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Occident

I'd like a go at being the Navy's Quartermaster. He would need to be of high birth for the time period, correct?

Nadir

That's right for the era. Love the avatar, by the way

Occident

Quote from: Eden on June 23, 2012, 08:09:33 AM
That's right for the era. Love the avatar, by the way
Thank you kindly. May I ask as to what year it is and if there are any mmajor changes in history for this?

Nadir

No year was chosen, just sometime between 1670s-1740s, when the pirates were at their strongest. I'm not sure if there were any changes to history though Fedora or Saerra can tell you better than I

Oneiros

As people have been saying, I just moved across the ocean and am rather jet lagged. I promise I'll look at characters and approve them later tonight and get things going! *flops down*

Healergirl

(Quickly decides that Fedora needs sleep.  Fixes mug of very warm Vanilla milk, hands it to him.  that should put him right out.

theoakenchilde

I'm incredibly interested in this, but I'm not about to go throwing an application/character sheet at you if you think you're full up.
If you're open to more, however, ...by all means, let me know!

ONs & OFFs; a little insight!
Current role-plays; enjoy the read!
What the Great Oak seeks; PM me, if interested!
Apologies & Absences; Great Oak, where have you gone?

Do not currently expect more than one post per day!

Oneiros

Always open for more. :) we can squeeze you onto the Dirty Secret if you really want a pirate, and perhaps make a plot line soon where the crew splits up onto two ships, oooooor, we have plenty of room in the navy!

bubby

Sssoo... Sir Madmartigan pointed me in this direction. I know the game's been going on for a minute, so I'm not sure what sort of chars you might still be looking for, and/or where I might be able to start?

Oneiros

Hi there bubby! We have particular need for people to join the navy, which I am going to get off my ass and organize tonight.

Mostly lower ranking jobs available for that, especially if you play a woman character (it's up to you though). However! There was also talk of possibly having a female pirate ship branch off, we almost had one, but we lost the main people in it when the game had barely started, and ergo, have the one ship now. I believe all the people RPing doctors have vanished as well. I was thinking of making a character of my own for the navy's doctor, but if you'd like that role, players get priority over me for roles like that, so it'd be yours. :)

bubby

I don't think I could pull off a doctor... I'm not very... nurturing..  ::) Nor can I follow orders well either... *coughunlesstiedupinthebedroomcough*

If you are willing/wanting I would LOVE to Captain a pirate ship of my own... I'm off to work for the night, but I'll check in when I get home to get your verdict!

Oneiros

... Honestly, you don't have to be nurturing to be a doctor in this time period. It mostly consists of going "...yep, that leg's coming off. Get my saw." ::)

But! If you're interested in perhaps swooning into port and stealing some of the crew off of Govad's ship, I think it'd be an interesting story. We did have someone interested in starting the female ship back up, and I had a character on it as well that fell by the wayside when it fell apart.

bubby

Quote from: Fedora on June 27, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
... Honestly, you don't have to be nurturing to be a doctor in this time period. It mostly consists of going "...yep, that leg's coming off. Get my saw." ::)

But! If you're interested in perhaps swooning into port and stealing some of the crew off of Govad's ship, I think it'd be an interesting story. We did have someone interested in starting the female ship back up, and I had a character on it as well that fell by the wayside when it fell apart.

*Chuckles* Now that's very true.

I'd LOVE to start a female ship again! Did you have someone already for Captain, or could I have that spot?

LunarSage

Quote from: bubby on June 27, 2012, 02:13:44 PM
Sssoo... Sir Madmartigan pointed me in this direction. I know the game's been going on for a minute, so I'm not sure what sort of chars you might still be looking for, and/or where I might be able to start?

You can play Lucius' slave girl!   >:)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

bubby

Quote from: LunarSage on June 28, 2012, 12:51:40 PM
You can play Lucius' slave girl!   >:)

*Snickers and chews on Lunar with a purr* ah now babes, you know I could -never- play a slave.... willingly...  >:)

Etah dna Evol

What is the period for this scenario?  Is 1750 way to late?

I want to play a Scottish noble who is called Cha Nel Maroo (Gaelic for: is not dead) and was buried alive at the Battle on Culloden Moor, who claws to the surface just in time to find the Highlands burning. Which causes him to become an intensely psychopathic pirate who fucking loves plundering the British. If 1750 is way to late I suppose I can fudge to information and make up a fictitious battle though.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Nadir

The time period is in the first post.

And feel free to fudge away! We don't care about historically accurate hooha. We just want to pillage our way across seven oceans! YARR!

Karasu

Ahoy there Lads and lasses. I be in the sort of mind to wonder if ye be recrutin anymore players.. yar XD

But seriously, got any free spots?
Removed, due to vandalism.

angelic traces

I would like to throw my feathered hat in for this one as well. I saw in an earlier post that you've lost a few people. What kind of characters would ye be looking fer?

Karasu

I went ahead and made a bit of a unique pirate.. and I can post him anytime if your looking for new players.. in fact.. I think I'll post him now XD

Player:Karasu
Name: Raavyn Selwyn
Nickname(s): Ray, Blood Garnet, "Oh my god it's the devil's spawn!" (As yelled by a naval man he once cut down for some reason or another)
Orientation: Tends to not be known by most, but he is in fact on the Bi side (He is in fact a sub, even if he doesn't act like it)
Nationality: Ireland, moved to england when the boy was 12

Allegiance: Most assuredly a Pirate, but he'd work for the navy if the money was good.
Ship:
Rank/Occupation:
Equipment: A carver's knife (not used ever as a weapon), Ship wright's tools, and quite a few sewing tools
Weapons: He rather fancies the rapier mostly, though generally give him any kind of sword and he'll say he's had training in it. He's a good swordsman, not a master by any means, but has the potential should the right teacher be found. Two Flint lock pistols can be found on his person as well though he hates using them.

Description: He's got a dancer's build, lean and toned and his hair is a deep red, the color of blood or garnets, leaning to give him the nickname of the Blood Garnet (for more than one reason) His clothing is usually made up of a white long sleeve shirt of puffy sleeves and thin fabric beneath a navy blue (that's the color) vest with longer tail in the back (seems to be custom made) and a red sash belt keeping up pants of olive green and boots of black with white trim. A couple of belts can be seen on his person, his hip belt holds his sword and his pistols along with his tools, but one across his back holds up a pack quite small that holds only a few bits he uses in his trade and the rest of his tools.
Personality: A bit on the carefree side, his demeanor often keeps others in happy spirits. He's serious enough when the time comes for true work or battle, but most times, even on the job you'll find him sometimes humming away like it was the easiest stuff in the world. In the bedroom he actually acts a tad different, using most of his particular dancing skills there to "entertain" and usually try to get what he wants from others. In battle he seems to act like the devil, cutting down enemies with little fear to his own safety, which seems to work on most superstitious gits (Hence why he often tells captains he serves under to just point him at the enemy and let him take care of it, a claim he's only failed twice before)

Biography: Born in Ireland about 23 years ago to a simple mana dn woman. They kept to themselves, but heard there was money to be had in England's ports and moved everything they had there when Raavyn was just 12. The boy's father was a great carver and shipwright, teaching his boy the same skill mostly so he coudl take over from his father. His mother on the other hand was a sweet singer and quite apt with the needle and thread and ususally served as a barmaid, entertaining sailors home from sea with her voice or sewing the lady's wonderful clothing. Mrs. Selwyn was quite known for her talents and her ability to make such wonderful patterns in the clothing rather quickly, by chance her son actually inherited this talent for sewing, though wisely didn't let his father see it.

But  for all the time Raavyn spent in the bar where his mother worked the boy listened to tales of the sea and pirates. He seemed to enjoy the tales and by 16 he had gone off to the sea, of course telling his parents that he was aboard a naval vessel "Serving the flag" and what not. Oh the boy could tell such wonderful tall tales.

And thus he's been ever since, though he had come to be known as the Blood Garnet, mostly for his hair which was a curious shade of deep red, the color of Blood Garnet and his rather joyus nature when a battle commences. (Honestly you'd think the boy got off on killing others with how he acts in battle)

Anything else:
Offical British bounty: 2,300 gold

Oneiros

Sorry guys, I've been going through some crap and been a bit sparse and very stressed out lately. But we are still accepting people.

If anyone is still interested in playing Navy (Again, very sorry I've been so lazy lately) we can still start up a navy port and ship for everyone to get to know each other and get playing and whatnot.

There is a pirate ship, but it's getting rather full - all the 'big' jobs are taken I believe, however, if you want to start out as a low-ranking nobody and work your way up, when a bigger job opens up you can possibly be promoted (I think we've lost a few of the pirate crew also, so when we start seeing who's gone, we can open up their spots). I'm honestly not sure which jobs those are that might be open, I'll have to get around to poking people and seeing if they're still playing if they haven't started to yet.

Karasu

Quite fine, I made my guy purposefully so that he could and likely woudl work on a navy ship if the pay was any sort of decent, and work for pirates as the opportunity arises..

Though if ye have need for a shipwright, my guy be yer.. guy XD

LunarSage

I'm still up for this game... but I'll be out of town as of tomorrow until the 31st.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Saerrael

Don't worry, Lunar. We do take it slow. Thank you, though, for speaking up ♥

Karasu

Saerra I absolutely loved your character. I hope they can play sometime *drools* *_*

Saerrael

*laughs and bows* Why, thank you kindly*
Which one, by the way? I have two ::)

Karasu

your first one, the handsome guy with black hair and a whip ;)

Saerrael

Aha *grins* I'm glad you think so.
We have a lot of interesting characters.. I do love going through the character thread *guiltypleasures*

Karasu

hhe I kinda made him mostly for that one *blush blush* He's so sexy. *drools over*

angelic traces

I'll let you poke people while I whip something up. I'll probably make a navy character since it seems like you need a few of those. =)

Be careful while poking! I hear it causes pregnancy.

Healergirl

Whip something up?  Navy character?   Hmmm.

Mary was breathing fast, shuddering as she pressed her face against the grating.  She sobbed past the sponge stuffed in her mouth as her shirt was torn away, exposing the soft white flesh of her back.  The gathered Tars, murmured in appreciation, some gave a few catcalls.  The officer silenced them "Three strokes of the lash, then this pirate bitch is all yours, men!" Then she took a firmer grip on the cat in her hands, took a deep breathe and.... Mary heard a soft footfall and grunt behind her as the officer leaned into the blow, heard the cat cutting  through the air then PAIN erupted in lines of fire across her upper back and right shoulder....

SaturnCeleste

Is this game still open?  I would like to join!  Can someone please point me in the right direction?
To some, steampunk is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Saturn Reads Tarot (Free) & E*rotic Readings,
Lickable Limericks, Saturn's Celestial Void, Saturn's Celestial Sojourn

Coldorchestra

I too would like to join if its ok? I had a rather backwards idea a boy dressed as a girl on the sirens call as their tailor and rigger?
Sometimes all you can do is hurry and wait.

Oneiros

Ack! Goodness, I'm sorry, both GMs have been stressed out lately.

Since I think we've lost a lot of characters, anyone still interested in playing, feel free to submit a character sheet to me via PM. I'm not positive which jobs are available again yet, so I'll comb through the characters and ask if people are still in the game and see which ones are open once more. However! Since I'm in the middle of RL stuff (getting married soon!) it might be a few days before I can get to everything properly, if you don't mind the wait ^^

Karasu

I'm jsut tryig to figure out ow to get Raavyn involved o.o XD

Etah dna Evol

Is this not active? I was just digging into character creation
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Oneiros

It is, we've just been slow. We've lost a handful of people, another handful are busy, but not dropping. New people joining might perk it back up, so feel free to create a character (though as I said, it might be a couple days before I can properly get into GM stuff).

Healergirl

Karasu, just have Raven Hail the Dirty Secret at the gangplank.  Mary(posing as Martin) is up in the rigging, relaxing, but watchful.

Karasu

Healergirl

Karasu, did you get approved yet?  If you did, i missed it and i apologize.

Karasu