Heaven on Earth - Recruiting (not at the moment)

Started by Sephiriel, June 23, 2013, 09:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephiriel

Heaven on Earth – now open to the public

For thirty years there had been rumours and sightings of the Portal and its guardian. The Mystic Gates as they are called are known to be the promised passage into Paradise, yet none who entered through came back to tell the tale. Government officials from all over the world have tried in vain to seize the man dressed in white or to take the portal itself – each time they came with or without the aid of the national army, it disappeared. Then after some months or even years, it came back in a different location.

Everywhere it stood, always on a cliff or mountain, nature began to change. People changed. Miraculous healings have taken place and mystic powers were shown in the nearby villages and towns, wherever the Portal has travelled. Nations ended their wars and men sought peace and tolerance.  The Guardian in white robes and the runes surrouding the blessed artifact are known all over the world, unintentionally spreading the cult of the Portal. Some say he is here to bring about world peace and the Kingdom of God. Some believe he is the promised Messiah coming for the second time.

Of those who were chosen to enter, none had come back. From time to time, some people would leave their homes at night, called by the Guardian and allowed passage. It is believed he chooses from the righteous, religious or not, men and women, sometimes even children who lead an exemplary life or have otherwise proven themselves “deserving” of the blessing.

After much controversy and dispute over the purpose of these strange sigthings, sometimes ending in bloodshed, the Guardian has finally settled into one place and addressed the world. His face hidden under a veil remains a mystery. For the first time in thirty years his presence is shown on tv and he speaks in front of the camera, in a setting of lush greenery and exotic plants, just a glimpse of what lies beyond the White Wall. He speaks in the old Aramaic language, but then his speech is quickly subtitled into English and from there on in every spoken language from across the world, according to the place of the transmission.

“I will allow the whole world to see what awaits behind the Mystic Gates, upon entering the passage to the land of the chosen. A few selected reporters, photographers and cameramen will be allowed to stay for five days and show the world what it has been waiting for more than three decades to  explore. There will also be a few of you which will receive an invitation 24 hours from now on, all expenses paid, no matter from where you come from.  You will then have two days to decide on whether you choose to come or decline the invitation and further details will be sent, including safe travel. Do not pack more than you can carry, there is nothing which you need that it isn’t already here.

The world is ready. I hope you are as well.”  He said with an enigmatic voice and the camera faded, leaving the world eager for more information.

Plot ideas:

After entering the Mystic Gates, all the “guests” will be surprised to find themselves in front of an estate which resembles an expensive resort, equipped with a bar, a restaurant, shops and a vast, lush garden that somehow masks the Portal beyond it.

They will be accompanied by one or more guides and assured that they are welcome to stay for as long as they like, if their personal affaires allow it.  Everyone will have the rest of the day to settle in before meeting the Guardian.

A tour to the portal is being offered and the view is simply breathtaking. Subtle changes begin to occur within each of them. Some powers are slowly developping.
In the next days odd things start to happen. The staff and current inhabitants, while extremely polite and friendly, seem to have a knack for showering the guests with more lavish parties, seductive attention and a luxurious life-style.   

Dark beings are breeching in. No one knows if they are coming from the forest or from the mountain – the other (natural) barriers keeping the Portal safe.  The Guardian however, seems to fret less than one would expect him to. They have been advised briefly not to wonder alone on their first day, but nothing more.  There is more than one side to this event and slowly they begin to notice the changes.

What I need:

1.Media (guests): reporters, writers, photographers, camera operators which will record everything and experience what the Chosen Ones experience as well.

2.Chosen ones (guests):  anything from a spiritual, physical, intellectual or ethical point of view that makes them different. They may be famous or not and posses certain skills and/or knowledge that makes them indispensable in their line of work. I am also looking for variety in profession.

3.Entertainment and staff: These are the ones who have entered the Gates long before the official event. Dancers, actors, singers, entertainers, cleaning crew,security guards, guides, maids, bartenders, courtesans.

4.The dark side: There is more to the Guardian than what little is already known.  Part of the staff is showing differences of behavior and/or physical traits from day to night. You can play either a demon guised as a human, a creature that came through the Portal or something else entirely. Having a human appearance is not mandatory.

What happens to your character:

Change.To put it simply, this is a story that focuses on the psychological and moral (d)evolution of the protagonist (your character) during its stay in what looks like to be Paradise. He or she is also experiencing changes related to the chosen myth (all players must choose a legendary creature or concept for representation) The Change itself will intensify both virtues and vices of your character.

There are three main categories in which you can place your protagonist:

The corrupted – already part of the dark side or characters driven by their vices even before entering the Gates. They will most likely adhere to the tainted side faster than others and encourage it.

The corruptibles –  men and women who stand between normal limits of morality. Probably the majority of characters will belong here.

The incorruptibles – and I do mean incorruptible! Not the hard-to-get-but-I’m-willing-to-be-tempted kind. These are men and women of high integrity, with complex moral views and a great ability to withstand temptation. Their main purpose is to guide or protect the others and themselves, depending on their nature (staff/guests). Either possessing exceptional physical abilities or mental ones.

Character template:

Name (Category):
Profession:
Sexual Preference:
Appearance (picture is mandatory):
Personality:

Virtue(s): (maximum two)
Vice(s): (maximum two)
Background:
Ons and offs:

If interested, please submit a character in the OOC thread (link below) and after approval in the character thread.

OOC LINK: click here

INTRO IC: click here

All comments are to be posted here.

POSTING LENGTH: Minimum 200 words (about two paragraphs) per post (yes, this is a requirement).

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

bubby

OOhhh.. you wonderful woman you!

I shall ponder on how best I can fit this game!!

azzmeister89

Jane! -tackle hugs- yourbackyourbackyourback! Hehe sorry got a little carried away but i'm so very in!

Yukina

Athos

This has got my curiosity piqued, I'd like to give it a shot.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

bubby

Flower

This looks awesome. I shall ponder over it.

Yukina

My only question is the myth part. Do they change only in vice and virtue or does it be further in physical appearances?

TheHangedOne

Hi bubby.  ;)

And I am definitely interested.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Sephiriel

Grabs azz and bubby, delighted to see them again.

I've missed you dearies, I'm so happy to have you within my clutches once more.

Licks bubby's cheek.

As for the questions (and welcome everyone! excuse my rudeness!) gender is not an issue and the myth can change everything from appearance to personality (not over the top though)

bubby

*Chuckles and waves to Hanged*

Isn't it in your Contract with the lovely Jane that you must play in any game she's invented?  ;)

*Murrowls and snugs the licker*

Yukina

Quote from: Jane Storm on June 23, 2013, 01:58:50 PM
Grabs azz and bubby, delighted to see them again.

I've missed you dearies, I'm so happy to have you within my clutches once more.

Licks bubby's cheek.

As for the questions (and welcome everyone! excuse my rudeness!) gender is not an issue and the myth can change everything from appearance to personality (not over the top though)

Nice. It will be great to corrupt my meek math nerd girl into a dominant succubus.

TheHangedOne

Just about.  8-) *Curls up on bubby's lap this time, though, on account of he was just in Jane's lap earlier.*
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

*Smiles and runs her fingers over the back of his neck*

I have several posts I've vowed to get done today before I delve into what sort of deliciousness I can come up with for this game.

Sephiriel

Oh no, bubby, we're all about freedom of choice here...isn't that right Hang...*sees him leaping on her lap*

You treacherous little thing...come back here or you'll get punished!

Yukina

I'll probly get my app up by tomorrow.

azzmeister89

-is nibbled on- how do i taste bubbly? -is hugged by jane- hehe i'm glad you havn't forgotten your old play things...... Er i mean rp friends XD

Sephiriel

Oh azz, you're not old. *smirks* Also, I suggest we take the reunion to the OOC and let this be a recruiting thread *takes out a parchment* anyone interested just sign on the dotted line here....and here...and here...

bubby

Jane luv, the character thread link in the first post is broken.

Interested

I joined. Or tried to. I have to wait and see what the GM says.

Sephiriel

Quote from: bubby on June 23, 2013, 05:15:11 PM
Jane luv, the character thread link in the first post is broken.

FIXED! zoyks, sorry about that.

Also, for everyone who posted their character sheets in the OOC (my fault here) I'll ask you to post'em in the character thread AFTER approval. Some mistakes do work to your advantage sometimes, hehe.

LordLuck

Just as we have spoken about, my dear Jane of the Storms, I'll be in this too! XD
Mourning.

minerva7790

I'm interested in this! But I have a question about the way the myth changes virtue and vice. Can I have my character change in a way that the virtues and vices swap. For example, if my character is gullible at the start, can I have her change to be more and more shrewd?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Flower

Is there a good place where I can look up myths? I'm having the hardest time.