Another police state...

Started by Dizzi, June 26, 2010, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revolverman

Quote from: Oniya on June 27, 2010, 07:12:11 PM
I've heard of cases of people getting killed with blank-pistols, typically in a contact-injury situation where the energy doesn't have a chance to dissipate.

Well, any force to a tender part of the body (chest, temple) could be fatal. (I assume it wasn't arm or leg shots)

Xenophile

Quote from: Oniya on June 27, 2010, 07:12:11 PM
I've heard of cases of people getting killed with blank-pistols, typically in a contact-injury situation where the energy doesn't have a chance to dissipate.

But isn't that a case of crude Non-lethal rounds (or less lethal rounds)?

I thought that blanks was simply a cartridge that didn't propel any material out of the barrel. Or, have I misunderstood the English brand of blank rounds completely?
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xenophile

Ons and Offs

Revolverman

kinda surprised how powerful a blank can be at point-blank range.

Xenophile

Quote from: Revolverman on June 27, 2010, 07:27:32 PM

Me too. Then again, there is an explosion taking place in the casing, and it has to go somewhere.
Ons and Offs

Hunter

Quote from: Revolverman on June 27, 2010, 07:27:32 PM

If memory serves, a blank has a metal cap instead of a regular bullet.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/images/blank-cartridges-web.jpg