Kill The Bad Guy, Rescue The Girl, Save The World... Pathfinder Interest Check

Started by Blinkin, August 05, 2017, 12:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Whew, Did a major revision. Crunch is done now on my sheet through, Ill probably start on the bio stuff in a few hours, or get it finished tomorrow in anycase.

Blinkin

Since Character concepts seem to be spread out over 75 post and not always in the same post, I'll ask everyone to PM the following to me when you're all done.

The character bio.
The rolls for ability scores
The sheet, or link to the sheet.

Or, if it's all in one place, link the post. This'll make things go a lot faster in the selection process and everything should be in and done by Wednesday.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

I'm sad to say this, but this game is called. There aren't enough viable characters to make it work.

What I've been seeing is 1 arcane spell caster and 2 melee combatants. Too few characters without the diversity of capabilities to deal with the kind of challenges involved in the game.

Thanks to everyone who offered characters and my apologies for not being able to pull it off.

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Snake

It's not your failing Blinkin. People will always just want to do what they prefer and it seems not many like stealthy-builds (too easily porked by bad die rolls unless they have the skill maximized, which they SHOULD)

But your limitation on the "dark aspect" hamstrung what Iw as going to do; which would've been an unchained rogue type that was more neutral (tilted toward evil or at least apathy) view. Steal first, ask questions later.

Blinkin

Ah... that's part of the problem. I don't mind the attitude of steal first, it's more the tendency to create loners with backgrounds that are completely centered on how bad their lives have been, or who revel in... meanness? bully-boy outlooks?  Kill 'em all and let the Gods sort it out? Does that make sense?

As an example, one of the bio's that I received has the character in conflict with a lot of death and killing of innocent (Or potentially innocent) NPC's. It was a classic Dritzz mong the drow sort of thing. I didn't mind that so much as it gives a reference to why the character has certain goals. The kinda things that get me are clerics of the goddess of love who has spent their lives intimidating everyone to the faith because they were hurt by a priestess that didn't return their love or the  "My life has just been so horrible and so, I'm a psychopath." views. They're not evil, but their stories makes them difficult to deal with because everyone leans away because they're such assholes.

Again, if that makes any sense.

In your rogue idea, as long as he didn't run around killing for the hell of it, or beating up street urchants because he's bigger than they are, we probably could of worked something out.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Snake

She. The character I was working with was Female, she'd be more focused on thievery than beating people up (hell she used her 8 for strength. XD since unchained rogue makes you full SAD on Dex.)

Blinkin

She probably would of worked out. I try to not tell people "No!" too often if I can help it. Nothing wrong with running something by me just to see if it would work or not.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Snake

Well she also did consider thievery in the form of rape too, but that could be eliminated for sake of taste and all. Sine that's a special type of evil  though to her: it's just stealing something else.

Petrus02

i could change my character to something else easily, just tell me what you need for the group to work. and give me a few days?

Blinkin

Snake: No, that would definitely be an out. I've already said that rape wouldn't happen in the game. Coorustion, charm spells, etc are possible, but out and out rape is a no. That's the kind of evil, or dark character trait that I didn't want. The stealing... it's what a thief does and as long as it's not against a fellow party member...it's negociable.

: I vastly prefer that players offer what they want to play. In Snake's case, if he wanted to play a rogue, he should of offered a rogue. The worst that I would of said was, "Can we change this?"
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Snake

Well sometimes i don't know what I want to do until I roll out the dice and see how they land.

Petrus02

Quote from: Blinkin on August 15, 2017, 02:18:38 PM
: I vastly prefer that players offer what they want to play. In Snake's case, if he wanted to play a rogue, he should of offered a rogue. The worst that I would of said was, "Can we change this?"

So if i'd offer a cleric you had a fighter a skill monkey an arcane and a divine spellcaster and might give it a try?

euanthe

Hi,

I would've jumped in with a cleric, but I feared I'd always be trying to push the sexy elements to the fore in a way that wasn't desired. If that impression was wrong, then I'd be happy to participate!

To unpack that a bit, I'm fine taking one-on-one sex scenes to another thread, but, having sexy challenges or opponents, or, um, group sexual activity, I'd anticipate being in the main thread. Or at least a part of the game.

Thoughts?

euanthe

Blinkin

Anything that involved the group at large, or furthered the plot would take place in the main thread. Anything that a character started on his/herown for personal reasons would of been taken to a side thread that was still part of the game; it would only to keep the main thread from bogging down and making everyone wait or be idle while the scene happens.

But, The story has closed. I may offer it again in a couple of months.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ixy

Thanks for all the time and consideration you gave for the PCs offered.

TFcommando

Quote from: Blinkin on August 15, 2017, 08:26:14 AM
I'm sad to say this, but this game is called. There aren't enough viable characters to make it work.

What I've been seeing is 1 arcane spell caster and 2 melee combatants. Too few characters without the diversity of capabilities to deal with the kind of challenges involved in the game.

Thanks to everyone who offered characters and my apologies for not being able to pull it off.

Blinkin

I'd been following the thread but was hesitant to jump in, not knowing which roles were called, or gender "spaces."  You might put what was still open on the first post when you're doing desired roles and slots.  I was also unsure if it was first come, first serve for said roles or there was an "audition."

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Blinkin

Ixy: Thanks for understanding, I wanted this to succeed and I may try offering it again in a couple of months.

TFCommando: You're the 4th person in the last 24 hours who has contacted me, either by PM or on thread, "I would of put something up, but..." It's up to the player to decide if they want to try to get into a game or not and it never hurts you to simply ask.

I'll admit and agree that I probably should of put up a list of what's been offered in the OP, but then, I feel that pushes players away as much as it helps because someone will see, "Oh, someone's already submitted a (insert class), so why bother? If someone's submitted a fighter, that doesn't mean that peson is automatically in...

I didn't think that I had to state that it wasn't first come first serve when it comes to PF and 5e; they're both extremely popular around here and in 4 years and more, the number of first come, first serve that I've seen is less than 110% of those games. But, in the future, I'll take the advice and state it in the OP. In the end, it's up to you, the player, to take the step of asking questions if you want to know something. That's what the OP says at the very bottom... "If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer."

Since so many have now said that "I would of applied, but...", I'm reopening the recruiting process. It is NOT first come, first serve, so speak up. If someone offers something that you want to play, offer it anyway... you may offer the better alternative. I would rather have 3 people offering clerics (Like that's ever happened) than someone looking at the thread and thinking, "Damn, someone's offered a cleric, so I can't do that!" That's not how it works kiddies.

For everyone who offered characters before this point, I'm resetting everything, so  offer characters again and we'll see what happens. I'm giving this 2 weeks from right now to either offer something up, ask questions or decide that you're not going to apply for whatever reason that you may have. The class types desired in the OP are request, and if I don't get something, then I don't get something and I'll go from what is offered.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Elven Sex Goddess

Here is my character posted again.  Showing my continued interest and hope that this is able to come together and a fun viable campaign can begin.  As the cancellation caught me by surprise last night.  So is extremely delighted that and grateful that another attempt to get the game started is being made so thank you Blinkin.   

I may have missed it,  as this question may have been asked.   But with four pages now.   I was wondering what deities are going to be allowed and used in the world.  Not that it is necessary for my character Chava, since she is not a divine caster.   

Name:  Chava 'of the green' 
Race:  Human  Align:  CG  Gender:  Female  Age:  22  Worship:
Class: Sorcerer (Verdant bloodline)  Level: 5th  Exp:

Height: 5'4", Weight:  136 lbs,  Hair:  Auburn,  Eyes: Blue

Description:  Chava is  woman of genial grace, the woman next store.   Her hair is long and lustrous, while her eyes a vibrant pools of blue framed in a heart shape face.  She dresses for comfort,  does not wear armor.   Her preferred dress is simple a peasant dresses of simple design.  Through of course she will bundle up in older climes and been known to wear naught but a loincloth with light cotton shawls in more humid tropical climes.   

Personality:  Genial personality that portrays a innocence. Not the brightest cookie, from lack of learning and just being slow to process.   Still she is not easy to pull the wool over her eyes.  As commonsense is abundant with this farm girl. 

STR 13 (+1) DEX 12 (+1) CON 15 (+2) INT 8 (-1) WIS 13 (+1) CHR 18 (+4)

HP; 37 AC: 13 Flatfooted: 12 Touch: 13 CMB: +3 BAB: +2
Saving throws -  Fort: +3  Ref: +2  Spell: +5 (+8 vs mind)
Speed:  30'  Carried Weight:   Init: +1 Languages: Common

Weapons

Quarterstaff (4 lb)  +4, 1d6+2 x2, B
Light crossbow (35gp, 4lb) +3, 1d8 19-20x2, 280', P
Bolts 20 ( 1GP ea 2GP, 1 lb ea 2 lb)

Traits:  Green blooded (Benefit: Choose a single 0-level druid spell. [Stabilize] You can cast this spell once per day as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your character level.),  Brave  (Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against fear effects.)   

Feats:  Toughness (+5 HP),  Favored enemy spell casting (Undead +1 DC), Free Spirit (+2 bonus on saves vs. mind-affecting and on escape attempts.) Steadfast Personality (Benefit: Add your Charisma modifier instead of your Wisdom bonus on Will saves against mind-affecting effects.)

Background Skills:  Profession (Farming) +9, Appraise +8

Adventuring Skills: Knowledge Nature (+5), Use magical device +12

Sorcerer (Verdant bloodline) abilities:  cantrips, eschew materials.  Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with a range of personal, your skin toughens, granting you a natural armor bonus equal to the spell’s level for 1d4 rounds.

Tanglevine (Sp): At 1st level, as a standard action, you can create a 15-foot-long, animated vine that springs from your hand. This vine lasts for 1 round and can be used to make a single disarm, steal, or trip combat maneuver, using your sorcerer level plus your Charisma modifier in place of your normal CMB. You can use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Photosynthesis (Ex): At 3rd level, you feed upon nature’s raw essence. Your need to eat and sleep is reduced as if wearing a ring of sustenance, and you gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against poison and sleep effects. At 9th level, these bonuses increase to +4.

Spells
DC: CHR; 0 lv +14, 1st lv +15, 2bd lv +16, 3rd lv +17, 4th lv +18,  5th lv +19, 6th lv +20, 7th lv +21, 8th lv +22, 9th lv +23

Bonus Spells  +1 for levels 1 through 4.

Spells cast per/day  1st lv 7,  2nd lv 5

Spells Known:  Cantrips 0 lv; Drench, Breeze, Dancing lights, Disrupt undead, message, root / 1st lv; Stone shield, Mudball, Shocking Grasp, Swift Girding,
/ 2nd lv;  Mud Buddy,  Vine Strike

Bloodline Bonus Spells (Verdant):  entangle (3rd), barkskin (5th)

Equipment: Bracers of Armor +2 (4kGP),  Handy haversack (2kGP), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges, 750GP), bedroll (1SP 5lb), blanket (5SP 3lb), soap (1CP .5lb), heatstone 5 (20GP ea 100GP 1 lb ea 5lb), mirror small steel (10GP .5 lb), rope spider silk 50` (100GP, 4 lb), torch everburning (110GP, 1 lb), trail rations 5 (5SP ea 25sp, 1 lb ea 5lb), water skin (1GP, 4 lb),  pouch belts small (.5lb ea 1 lb, 1GP ea 2GP), outfit cold weather (8GP, 7 lb), Outfit peasant (1SP, 2 lb), antitoxin 2 (25gp ea 50gp),  mule (Buster) (8GP), saddle riding (10GP),  saddlebags (4GP), sack (1CP, .5 lb), Animal feed 5/days (5cp ea 25cp),  Horseshoes of speed (3k GP 12 lbs)

GP 317. SP 5, CP 3

Background:  Chava 'of the green',  is a human sorceress who is of the verdant bloodline.   A champion of life,  in a harsh world.   With good heart and infused with the power of life.  Chava chooses to do good,  to help those in need, rescue those that need rescuing.   Fighting the forces of evil and their ilk.   Still like life itself,  chaos in nature, as the tapestry is spun with each breath taken.   Chaotic is part of her being.

Brash, yet the wisdom of a woman.  Life infuses her and gives life abundant.   Sacred is such to Chava.   Yet opposed and hated is those of the path of necromancy.   Those that would make a mockery of life.  Opposed to such practitioners of dark magic.  She will root out such taints that spout.   

Yet drawn to a path of heroic deeds, in the circle of life.  No life is not complete unless one steps into the circle and becomes the circle.   An in order to complete the circle of life.  She must find her other half.   He who shall hold her heart,  that she may give him the essence of herself with baring his children.   Only such will complete the circle of her life.     

Chava grew up on a farm.  She is a farm girl born and raised.  Touched by the green.   Perhaps the reason for her shortcoming in intelligence.   Has set her on a path of adventuring and helping others while seeing the world.   It is her hope to find her mate as aforementioned.  To settle down and have a family farm.   To have the prattle of little feet underneath.    To pass on her knowledge and learning of her travels.   

Blinkin

Glad to see you're still here ESG.

The answer to what deities are being used, we're using the standard Galarian deities. They're the best known to me... I would use the Forgotten Realms deities, but I don't remember enough about them (Except for Tymora) to be sure that I would know what they do anymore.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

A question for anyone out there.

As it's been pointed out that this thread is now 4 pages long and I've reopened recruitment, should I put up a new thread to make things easier for prospective players?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ixy

Senga Stromhurst  Mythweavers linked

Senga was, in her early childhood, made the spoils of war by a raider tribe where she was branded as a slave, abused, and used for menial tasks.  She has little memory of these years, but it was clear when the camp was destroyed that the girl was strong and healthy, but developmentally stunted.  An unlikely foster parent took her in-- a veteran named Wilhem Stromhurst, who had suffered a wounded knee in the campaign and declared that "he had no wife, so a moppet to clean up the place would do him good." 

Wilhem was well-meaning, but an ill-equipped role model, but the girl took to her new life as well as could be expected-- and though she didn't speak until what's thought to be her tenth or eleventh year, she was physically capable and helped him manage a modest farm... until he gave that up in favor of moonshining and gambling full-time.  She managed for years, through attempts at a more stable environment, to keep the grizzled veteran from drinking himself to death, but the end was inevitable... and as a teenager, Senga set out on her own, making his shack on the outskirts of town her home and doing carpentry and occasional smithing work to get by. 

Generally, she was shunned by others her age.  She had no knowledge of how to get along with boys except to try to beat them in sports-- where her surprising height and lean power gave her an intimidating advantage, shattering egos and scaring off all but the bravest, for whom her modest attractiveness was little incentive.  And clearly, she had no sense of how to integrate with other girls-- the only women she'd gotten to know were of the less-than-savory variety, and most had made off with savings or other commodities from her "uncle" after supply grew short.

Still, she found a niche among adventurers-- when volunteers were called for, the girl had no trouble 'passing' among the armed youth of the town, and her uncle's experience on the battlefield was one thing he taught her better than constructing a boat, a barrel, or a length of chain... she was sharp-eyed, quick to the draw, and relentless in defense of the town that barely acknowledged her as its own.  When opportunity arose, none stood between her and volunteering just because of her age or her sex-- she was gladly accepted to make patrols, stand against bandit gangs, or hunt down a beast spotted in the fields.  She even fell in with adventurers, gaining a reputation throughout the region as a competent blade... sure, no true dungeoneer, but one who would faithfully serve and expected only her fair share for the contribution.

Of late, she mingles about the town theater, her few travels having piqued an interest in exotic fare, songs, and languages where she manages the occasional pidgin speech.  She hasn't forgotten the initial years of being an outsider, but she harbors little grudge... she considers it her duty to serve, as fighting evil is a finer choice than a pint for keeping the darkness of her child-dreams away, though she reluctantly admits that drinking fire is, at times, the one refuge that keeps loneliness at bay... everyone is chums at a bar, and sometimes she manages to catch a flirtation or a pass as the nights grow long and the travelers and townsfolk get sodden with ale.  But she knows the trap of it... if she doesn't stay moving, she may get stuck in one of those kegs some day, and that would be a terrible fate.

She is protective of the unusual serpent tattoo on her left arm, a symbol that has grown with her of the unknown tribe of people from whom she was stolen.  She is generally friendly, but considers herself an adventurer now-- it's been five years since her uncle passed, and five years since she first made her mark in defense of the village.  Now, at best guess, she is in her early 20s, having faced beast and man with equal dedication to setting right the wrongs of her niche of the world, but she craves a grander adventure and purpose.

Human Fighter 5 NG
HP 45 / 42 Speed 20 ft Init 3
AC 23 Fort 7 Ref 5 Will 3
CMB +9 BAB 5
Campaigner (longsword +1) 5+4+1+1+1 (1d8+2+4+1, 19-20/x2)
Warhammer 5+4 (1d8+5, x2)
Vanguard (light stl shld +1, spkd) 5+4 (1d4+4, x2)
Crossbow (heavy) 5+2 (1d10, 19-20/x2)
Campaigner & Vanguard TWF +10/+8
Alchemist's Fire 5+2 (1d6, x2)
Str 18 (4) Dex 16 (3) Con 15 (2) Wis 11 (0) Int 11 (0) Cha 8 (-1)
Traits: Looking for Work, Iron Liver, Auspicious Tattoo
Drawback: Mark of Slavery.

ChaoticSky

Hizzah. We live, we die, we live again!

Quote from: Blinkin on August 16, 2017, 05:27:06 AM
A question for anyone out there.

As it's been pointed out that this thread is now 4 pages long and I've reopened recruitment, should I put up a new thread to make things easier for prospective players?
If it was me, i would put up a new thread thats 'Recruitment', rather than 'interest check', since we are all past the 'anyone interested...?' stage.

Blinkin

There's a new thread, please transfer characters there. This thread will be locked to keep it from staying high in the list.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.