A World Torn Asunder/The Dregs of MercTown (Pathfinder) - LGBTQA Friendly

Started by jeflint, August 05, 2017, 05:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codexa

keyotess

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

InnocentSynn

Color me most certainly interested if there's still room in the game.

jeflint

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on August 06, 2017, 11:56:16 AM
Color me most certainly interested if there's still room in the game.

Officially we have 3 open slots but I've been speaking to VT about possibly expanding to 8 and breaking it up as 4 and 5, since one player has an eidilion.

Plus it's not a first come first server setting. So please come up with ideas for the thread. :)

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Nygenn

Hi and welcome to all those who are showing an interest now and have been vetted by the GM.
I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of characters you'll concoct.  :-)

Kathyan

Hi everyone, I'll probably be going with a barbarian, a slave whose armor and weapons are her chains (chainmail and flail)

Nygenn

Quote from: Kathyan on August 06, 2017, 12:06:11 PM
Hi everyone, I'll probably be going with a barbarian, a slave whose armor and weapons are her chains (chainmail and flail)

That sounds... really fierce, and awesome. Any idea as to the species yet?
We're getting a lot of slave girls, which is great. I love slave girls. It also gives us a something to bond over... you know, without bonds. ^^

Hexed

I miss the most interesting things when I sleep through the weekends. :(

Race wise how bad/unallowed are halflings/gnomes or skinwalkers?

jeflint

Quote from: Hexed on August 06, 2017, 12:13:43 PM
I miss the most interesting things when I sleep through the weekends. :(

Race wise how bad/unallowed are halflings/gnomes or skinwalkers?

I'm not sure what a Skinwalker is... so should be ok?

Hexed

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp

Someone that had a lycanthrope way in their family tree and can beast out I'd suppose you'd call it.

Poking at classes to see if something beyond a harrowed witch fills my head.

Re Z L

I'm pretty interested too, no real preference on a character type just yet...

My default preferences would be Alchemist or Brawler, but I'll take a closer look later.
A&A

Mister Ugly

I am considering working a concept up but wanted to ask a few questions. I love seeing how people build characters under the pathfinder system So I have some questions on the ones done.

@Vergil; Is there a feat or ability that allows +1 bracers of armor to stack with other armor
DESCRIPTION

These items appear to be wrist or arm guards, sometimes etched with symbols of protection or depictions of vigilant-looking animals.

Bracers of armor surround the wearer with an invisible but tangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor. Both bracers must be worn for the magic to be effective.

Alternatively, bracers of armor can be enchanted with armor special abilities. See Table: Armor Special Qualities for a list of abilities. Special abilities usually count as additional bonuses for determining the market value of an item, but do not improve AC. Bracers of armor cannot have a modified bonus (armor bonus plus armor special ability bonus equivalents) higher than +8. Bracers of armor must have at least a +1 armor bonus to grant an armor special ability. Bracers of armor cannot have any armor special abilities that add a flat gp amount to their cost. Bracers of armor and ordinary armor do not stack. If a creature receives a larger armor bonus from another source, the bracers of armor cease functioning and do not grant their armor bonus or their armor special abilities. If the bracers of armor grant a larger armor bonus, the other source of armor ceases functioning.
[bold is mine]

I have used BoA for monks before and wizards but have not found a way to stack them with normal armor. It would be a great thing to do!

I love the card caster concept and have for a long while tied to work up a way to play a Bladed Scarf Dancer. The concept is good but the archetype just feels gimped no matter how I try unless I can start out at least a 5th level character.

@Kujo; Great pictures and nice idea. How did you get the 19 dex. I only see a +2 to dex and base of 15. Also your damage should be 1d6-3 since the character strength is a 5 which a -3 mod

QuoteAt 1st level, a monk gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. A monk’s attacks can be with fists, elbows, knees, and feet. This means that a monk can make unarmed strikes with his hands full. There is no such thing as an off-hand attack for a monk striking unarmed. A monk can apply his full Strength bonus on damage rolls for all his unarmed strikes. A monk’s unarmed strikes deal lethal damage, although he can choose to deal nonlethal damage with no penalty on his attack roll. He can make this choice while grappling as well.

Normally when there is a modifier to something positive or negative then it is applied. So I was wondering how your PC damage stayed the same.

It is good that the GM is allowing archetypes for the unchained classes these are not yet normally allowed so I am looking at them now.

Also I was considering an Unchained Rogue unless you plan of advancing up that class which makes sense to get the 3rd level Finesses bonus for the UC Rogue and apply it to Improved UA

So far it looks like you all need a damage dealer or a controller....

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Nygenn

Quote from: Mister Ugly on August 06, 2017, 01:02:12 PM
@Kujo; Great pictures and nice idea. How did you get the 19 dex. I only see a +2 to dex and base of 15. Also your damage should be 1d6-3 since the character strength is a 5 which a -3 mod

Normally when there is a modifier to something positive or negative then it is applied. So I was wondering how your PC damage stayed the same.

It is good that the GM is allowing archetypes for the unchained classes these are not yet normally allowed so I am looking at them now.

Also I was considering an Unchained Rogue unless you plan of advancing up that class which makes sense to get the 3rd level Finesses bonus for the UC Rogue and apply it to Improved UA

So far it looks like you all need a damage dealer or a controller....

MU

What you see here is a first draft. I've got a much more updated sheet on the bench, but adding equipment before posting. Personality is also better defined.

The base dex should be 17, not 15 which explains how I get to 19, and you're right about the 1d6-3 for damage.

my plan is to have her progress as a Rogue from here on out. these 2 levels of Monk are all she's getting. I'm indeed aiming towards the lvl 3 advancement of Finesse Training, which will upgrade her potential dramatically.

jeflint

Don't forget the house rule for finesse weapons using dex mod for damage modifier and to hit.

VT might be more familiar but I don't believe the bracers of armor stack with the mage armor type. But natural armor and a ring of protection should stack because they're different types of armor.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Kujo on August 06, 2017, 01:36:24 PM
What you see here is a first draft. I've got a much more updated sheet on the bench, but adding equipment before posting. Personality is also better defined.

The base dex should be 17, not 15 which explains how I get to 19, and you're right about the 1d6-3 for damage.

my plan is to have her progress as a Rogue from here on out. these 2 levels of Monk are all she's getting. I'm indeed aiming towards the lvl 3 advancement of Finesse Training, which will upgrade her potential dramatically.

Great you are going the UNC Rogue route!! Means I can look at other classes. I had been working on an idea for a brawler/UNC Rogue.

If jeflint is allowing finesse weapons to use dex to damage that will help your IUA a lot and would make it a 1d6+5 damage instead!

Quote from: jeflint on August 06, 2017, 01:39:54 PM
Don't forget the house rule for finesse weapons using dex mod for damage modifier and to hit.

jeflint this may make me rethink the bladed scarf dancer magus concept

Vergil here is the best guide I have found on spell strike and a Magus http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2nler?A-Guide-to-Touch-Spells-Spellstrike-and-Spell

MU

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

jeflint, do you need the feat weapon finesse do gain the house rule mod?

MU
Albert Einstein

Marie Reynolds

Oh do we post our characters in the recruitment thread for approval?

Nygenn

Quote from: jeflint on August 06, 2017, 01:39:54 PM
Hmm, I guess this is cool because it allows me to get the special bonus from my Finesse Training 2 levels sooner, but at the same time it lessens the value of Finesse Training. Oh well, it works for me.

VT might be more familiar but I don't believe the bracers of armor stack with the mage armor type. But natural armor and a ring of protection should stack because they're different types of armor.
If I remember correctly you have Armor Bonus, Deflect Bonus, Dodge Bonus, and Shield Bonus. Any of these stack with the other, but I know that Armor bonuses from different sources don't stack with each other. So wearing Bracers of Armor together with leather armor renders the bracers useless. For that same reason the spell Mage Armor doesn't stack with regular armor either.
Normal Armor with a Ring of Protection works because the ring provides a Deflection Bonus, not an Armor bonus.

Nygenn

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2017, 02:27:37 PM
Oh do we post our characters in the recruitment thread for approval?
Ye just post it here to subject it to some nitpicking from various people. Once it's find and dandy and you as a player are approved you'll get to post it in the Character Thread.

Marie Reynolds

Cool and Thanks! So I am looking at using a spear sling and it says to see text for range and it says treat as a projectile weapon for range should i go with the range of a longbow or short bow?

Kathyan

Would it be ok if I make my barbarian a wild rager that when confused masturbates herself or molests/rapes others? ;D :P

Re Z L

Quote from: Kathyan on August 06, 2017, 02:49:20 PM
Would it be ok if I make my barbarian a wild rager that when confused masturbates herself or molests/rapes others? ;D :P

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

;D
A&A

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Mister Ugly on August 06, 2017, 01:02:12 PM
@Vergil; Is there a feat or ability that allows +1 bracers of armor to stack with other armor[bold is mine]

Nnnnnooooooo there isn't. I actually thought when I wrote it down - for some reason - that Bracers offered an Enhancement rather than an Armour Bonus. I'll have to take those out of my Inventory >.> Thanks for the catch, haha. IN MY DEFENCE, it was about 2am when I wrote the Inventory of my Magus >.>

Quote from: Mister Ugly on August 06, 2017, 01:50:05 PM
Vergil here is the best guide I have found on spell strike and a Magus http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2nler?A-Guide-to-Touch-Spells-Spellstrike-and-Spell

I appreciate it, dude, but I've played a Magus about three or four times now. I'll be fine ;) Thanks for the link, though, I'll give it a skim to see if there's anything I missed.

Quote from: Mister Ugly on August 06, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

Yes, you do. Basically, if you have Ranged Weapons, you add your Dex to Damage for them. If you have Melee Weapons and Weapon Finesse, you apply Dex to Damage automatically. At least, that's how I understand it.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

jeflint

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2017, 02:47:52 PM
Cool and Thanks! So I am looking at using a spear sling and it says to see text for range and it says treat as a projectile weapon for range should i go with the range of a longbow or short bow?

I have never heard of this weapon... do you have a link?

Quote from: Kathyan on August 06, 2017, 02:49:20 PM

For you or the party? Cause I think a few party members might protest a bit?

Quote from: Kujo on August 06, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
Ye just post it here to subject it to some nitpicking from various people. Once it's find and dandy and you as a player are approved you'll get to post it in the Character Thread.

What Kujo said. When you're done just post it here and Vergil and I will look it over.

Quote from: Mister Ugly on August 06, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

MU

The way it works is bascially Bows would use Dex for hit/damage and any weapon that would benefit from Weapon Finesse. This does not mean that you can avoid the weapon finesse feat. Basically when you finesse a weapon you can then use your Dex Mod for a damage modifier.