Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ Interest/Recruitment! (SLOW APPROVALS!)

Started by persephone325, August 03, 2017, 11:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

<~~'GM Announcement'~~>

So, with some of the new sheets pouring in, some options we hadn't fully considered have popped up with some OC's and even canons we aren't sure of. This made us take a second and think about the powers, and there are some that we just aren't comfortable with. There are others we think should be highly limited. That said, we took time and devised a list. This is only a preliminary list, we may well be adding more to it soon. This is just to give everyone a heads up.

Off Limits/Restricted Powers:
The Following Powers are forbidden with limited Canon Exceptions
Reality Warping
Power Negation
Power Copying
Power Borrowing
Power Stealing
Power Absorbing
Immortality
Strength resulting in a bench/press in excess of 10 Tons
Divination

DarkNevaeh

I feel like the above is my fault LOL...

Damn it Franklin...

Black Howling

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on August 11, 2017, 04:38:55 PM
I feel like the above is my fault LOL...

Damn it Franklin...

No, no no!

The above is no one's fault, nor is it calling anyone out. These are legitimate power sets, they are just ones we are less than comfortable with to say the least. That said, we didn't have them listed, so applying as one isn't anyone's fault. It's just, now that we know these are things we don't want in, we're trying to ensure no one else has to feel like they wasted their time on a sheet.

DarkNevaeh

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on August 11, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
Are Precognition and Divination going hand in hand?

Tis a good question...as I've always kinda felt Spidey senses were like precog.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Black Howling

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on August 11, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
Are Precognition and Divination going hand in hand?

I listed Divination to represent a broad category of seeing the future. We might allow someone who has dream visions if they are okay with us controlling them and when they happen, but I'd be uncomfortable with it's use otherwise. Especially in combat situations, it too easily equates to never getting hit. However, giving the character an enhanced sense of time is a lower intensity way of achieving the same thing.

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on August 11, 2017, 04:55:35 PM
Tis a good question...as I've always kinda felt Spidey senses were like precog.

Something like it, but not exactly and harder to abuse by accident.

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

DarkNevaeh

LOL yea the one I sent in was Precog via dreams...ST control makes sense to me ^_^

Black Howling

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on August 11, 2017, 04:59:57 PM
*Salutes* Cool beans!
And because I'm a mansplainer, lemme clarify why it's different in my head. >_>

Spidey sense is tuned as vibrations, a feeling that is actually his senses reacting at a higher level to his surroundings. Hence why it mainly detects danger, or helps him find hidden objects or passages. Precog in combat would be seeing split second images of what was gonna happen before it did and being able to plan for it, or even having seen it the day before and so you're ready.

A random "Danger Will Robinson" is a lot less powerful than "Oh shit, there's a sniper on the third building over aiming at me."

You shoulda known that was coming. :P

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on August 11, 2017, 05:01:34 PM
LOL yea the one I sent in was Precog via dreams...ST control makes sense to me ^_^

Yeah, I think we can work with that.

DarkNevaeh

At the risk of showing my anime nerd side...

Basically, no Sharingan.

Black Howling

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Black Howling on August 11, 2017, 05:06:04 PM
And because I'm a mansplainer, lemme clarify why it's different in my head. >_>

Spidey sense is tuned as vibrations, a feeling that is actually his senses reacting at a higher level to his surroundings. Hence why it mainly detects danger, or helps him find hidden objects or passages. Precog in combat would be seeing split second images of what was gonna happen before it did and being able to plan for it, or even having seen it the day before and so you're ready.

A random "Danger Will Robinson" is a lot less powerful than "Oh shit, there's a sniper on the third building over aiming at me."

You shoulda known that was coming. :P

Yeah, I think we can work with that.

*Pats* Shhh....stop, you'll awaken the chili fry eating, plaid wearing woman who lives in my brain if you mansplain this too much. Don't go full Kevin, Howling....We never go full Kevin. LMAO

However, I gotcha, just wanted to make sure :P

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on August 11, 2017, 05:10:31 PM
At the risk of showing my anime nerd side...

Basically, no Sharingan.

Quote from: Black Howling on August 11, 2017, 05:15:14 PM

I had to ask what Shringan was.....

|

DarkNevaeh

Bawsically...the split second in this allows him to 'copy' what the bad guy is doing...thus whyh its BROKEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUrkOh98UtU

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on August 11, 2017, 05:21:45 PM
Bawsically...the split second in this allows him to 'copy' what the bad guy is doing...thus whyh its BROKEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUrkOh98UtU

LOL! Oh, well yeah. Is broken.

|

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TheBlackThrone

I don't even remember who I RPed last time I was here. All I remember was noodle's OC Deadpool character.

I'm going to bring an OC over who I have forgotten about for the longest of times. I just remembered he existed.

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I played the cop. Yeah, going to play someone different this time.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

persephone325

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 11, 2017, 07:52:51 PM
I don't even remember who I RPed last time I was here. All I remember was noodle's OC Deadpool character.

I'm going to bring an OC over who I have forgotten about for the longest of times. I just remembered he existed.

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I played the cop. Yeah, going to play someone different this time.

You had Warpath, and an OC teacher.

Cause I totally remember off the top of my head, and definitely not because I have the old character thread bookmarked... >.>
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: persephone325 on August 11, 2017, 07:54:55 PM
You had Warpath, and an OC teacher.

Cause I totally remember off the top of my head, and definitely not because I have the old character thread bookmarked... >.>

lol.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get pretty far with Warpath. Then again he is one of those characters that are just underappreciated. Could you send me the link to that past thread? I already have to go digging for an old OC from the days of Josietta and LunarSage Classic X-men. I think I played him there or in a DC game.
The gates are open

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

TheBlackThrone

In the end, I had to go digging lol. I used him in a Marvel game first and then in DC. He's pretty flexible. I'm going to go rewrite him and I'll have him to you guys in a few minutes.  :-)
The gates are open

noodlebloom

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 11, 2017, 07:52:51 PM

:DD Hey! I was hoping you'd come back! You also did a really cool side character named Bob!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: noodlebloom on August 11, 2017, 08:17:05 PM
:DD Hey! I was hoping you'd come back! You also did a really cool side character named Bob!

Oh yeah. You liked that Bob kid. I don't remember why he was so special either lol.
The gates are open

Black Howling

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 11, 2017, 08:30:44 PM
Oh yeah. You liked that Bob kid. I don't remember why he was so special either lol.

Cause he was cool.

noodlebloom

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 11, 2017, 08:30:44 PM

HE COULD MAKE PEOPLE SHIT THEMSELVES. Among other things. Also he was named Bob, all Deadpool-adjacent characters are contractually obligated to obtain a Bob.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: noodlebloom on August 11, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
HE COULD MAKE PEOPLE SHIT THEMSELVES. Among other things. Also he was named Bob, all Deadpool-adjacent characters are contractually obligated to obtain a Bob.

Oh yeaaah~ lol. He did have that power. I might make him a PC student.
The gates are open