Recruitment: Star Trek: Blood and Fire

Started by BlackStone, August 02, 2017, 10:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

Putting this out there since I have been playing Star Trek Online a lot lately and this is an old story which has been kicking about.  The year will be 2480 and there are events which are heating up the both the Alpha and Beta Quadrant.  In the middle of all this new turmoil between the Klingon Empire and a former vassal of theirs, the Lyrian Star Empire.  In the aftermath of the Dominion War the Lyrians managed to break off from the Empire, and the looses suffered during the war made it possible for succession from the Klingons.  Now years later and tempers and tensions are rising, and in light of the Dominion War and the Kessok Affair, the last thing the region of space needs is conflict and uncertainty. 

As a result, Deep Space Twelve is getting an upgrade, and the newly reformed Twelfth Fleet under the command of Admiral Alice Liu.  The U.S.S. Sovereign is named the flagship of the fleet, and other famous ships have been assigned to the fleet, such as the U.S.S. Constitution, Geronimo, Hornet, , and the Nightingale, all ships with Commendations of Valor for their actions in recent conflicts.  However, like everyone in the Alpha and Beta Quadrant, the Federation suffered severe casualties, and as such shipyards were being pushed beyond capacity to produce ships to account for the shortages and gaps in Star Fleet.

One of those ships will be a Norway Class Light Cruiser, the U.S.S. Redemption, a multi-purpose ship to fit any role needed, from scientific exploration to in depth diplomatic state missions.  This will be your stories, your tales on how you and your crew would become the next legendary members of Star Fleet, the start of the tale on how the U.S.S. Redemption into one of Star Fleet's most renowned ships.   In order for it to happen it will need your imagination, your creativity, and your commitment.  I am looking forward to see if anyone else wants to make this take a fictional reality in the Star trek imagined universe.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Unclaimed Positions (See Character Bios thread below for more details)
Diplomatic Envoy
Chief of Security
Junior Officers
Senior Enlisted

Game Threads
Prologue
Recruitement
Character Bios
Starships of the Line
Starfleet Spacedock
Starfleet Academy
Bridge
Main Engineering
Medical and Counseling
Angel's Rest

Act 1
Officer's Briefing Room
Main Mess Hall

Juggtacular

I'm down. If/when this gets off the ground, if you claim Captain can I dibs on Second-in-Command?

I have plans for a Pendari who got bored kicking ass in the ring, so he joined Starfleet.

Tremerette

I'd be thinking of a Doctor, not 100% sure of the race but possibly Bajoran, Cardassian or Trill being likely.

Orange Marmalade

Poking my head in here! Love all things Star Trek and actually have a concept or two I had been wanting to revive from games that never actually got off the ground.

Dragongoddess

I'd be interested.  If Captain and SIC are both taken, I'd love to play Head of Security.

BlackStone

Nothing is taken as of yet.  If we have enough players I am even willing to step back and play purely as narrator and support cast and let PC' take all the senior command staff

NikangKaori

I would be interested in being
Counselor
~
Lovely Niki's Ons, Offs & Desires & RP Examples

RP Partner Vacancy: No Vacancy
Fire & Gasoline - Opposites Attract RP
Paying Off A Debt - Regency Era RP

"Writing a good story is like creating art. And I want all of my art pieces to be beautiful. That's just who I am."

BlackStone

The Redemption also has a heavy diplomatic footprint, so an Attache from Federation Diplomatic Corps would be needed as well for the plot I have in mind.   Of course if people are wanting to play two characters I suppose we do have enough interest for me to start working on character sheet and recruitment thread.

Captain Whitebread

I'd be interested in playing a
Caitian
science officer
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

zedarkpenguin

Possibly interested depending on the posting regularity! Although I've forgotten a hefty chunk of Trek stuff, though perhaps would lean towards making a sort of nekomimi alien. An exceptionally minor member species that had long since been absorbed into the Federation. Position though, perhaps security or engineering, may need to think about that one.

BlackStone

Okay there is enough interest.  This is not going to come at first come first serve as I do want to have in the game a crew which I think is the right one.  So feel free to pitch me two to three concepts.  You can also pitch the same character concept for different positions.  For example if you wanted to get the XO spot, but are willing to have Chief Tactical Officer, that is fine.  I will decide by Sunday who has what position, and we can then flesh out the character with background and such and start the game.   Here is the format to pitch me character concepts.  Also keep in mind it does not mater what position you get as I like to think as a story teller I give everyone a chance to have Big Damn Hero moments.  Something to keep in mind when pitching a concept.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone puts together.

Character Basics
Name: What are they called
Race: I am flexible but lets not go crazy and keep in mind it is 2380 when selecting a race

Star Fleet Service Record
Position: Command staff or crew position desired (Captain, Envoy, First Officer, Chief Medical Officer, etc)
Branch of Service: Command, Flight Operations, Operations, Engineering, Security, Medical, or Science, or Diplomatic Corps
Major: What academic major did your graduate Star Fleet Academy

Character Appearance
Height: In inches and/or cm
Weight: In Lb and/or Kg
Hair Color: If they have hair
Eye Color: As above
Build: As above.
Distinguishing marks: Is there anything unusual about them, piercings, tattoos, scars,  missing limbs, etc.

Character Description:

A one paragraph description of your character

Personality:
What sort of person are they, how do they react to others, what pushes their buttons, what calms them down. Please type at least one paragraph

Other Info: Anything else you think might be important for you to sell this concept.  Plot hooks and ideas for character development welcome.

[u][color=blue][font=French Script MT][b][size=12pt]Character Basics[/size][/b][/font][/color][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] What are they called
[b]Gender:[/b] Self explanatory
[b]Race:[/b] I am flexible but lets not go crazy and keep in mind it is 2380 when selecting a race

[hr]
[u][color=blue][font=French Script MT][b][size=12pt]Star Fleet Service Record[/size][/b][/font][/color][/u]
[b]Position:[/b] Command staff or crew position desired (Captain, Envoy, First Officer, Chief Medical Officer, etc)
[b]Rank:[/b] Commensurate with position desired above
[b]Branch of Service:[/b] Command, Flight Operations, Operations, Engineering, Security, Medical, or Science, or Diplomatic Corps
[b]Major:[/b] What academic major did your graduate Star Fleet Academy

[hr]
[u][color=blue][font=French Script MT][b][size=12pt]Character Appearance[/size][/b][/font][/color][/u]
[b]Height:[/b] In inches and/or cm
[b]Weight:[/b] In Lb and/or Kg
[b]Age:[/b] Self explanatory
[b]Hair Color:[/b] If they have hair
[b]Eye Color:[/b] As above
[b]Build:[/b] As above.
[b]Distinguishing marks:[/b] Is there anything unusual about them, piercings, tattoos, scars,  missing limbs, etc.
[color=blue]
[u][b]Character Description:[/b][/color][/u]
A one paragraph description of your character

[hr]
[u][color=blue][b]Personality:[/b][/color][/u]
What sort of person are they, how do they react to others, what pushes their buttons, what calms them down. Please type at least one paragraph

[hr]
[b]Other Info:[/b] Anything else you think might be important for you to sell this concept.  Plot hooks and ideas for character development welcome.

Orange Marmalade

Awesome - do you want concepts pitched here or through PM?

Captain Whitebread

Great, now I need to come up with two more ideas.....

Are all characters crew or is their room for a Harry Mud or a Quark or two?

BlackStone

The ship has a detachment from the Federation Diplomatic Corps and only two idea are needed, three if you want to go for broke.  The reason being if two players want to be Captain, I have to choose one, and I would like for the player who did not get picked for Captain to have a backup character they put thought into and could get behind.  That is the intent anyhow.  Later on in the game if there is need for an independent recurring character, I will open it up to the player base to see who wants him.

BlackStone

Added a clarification if you are willing to have your base character apply for two positions, for example if you wanted to be the Chief Operations Officer but will take Chief Engineer if OPS is taken.   Hope that is clear as mud.

Captain Whitebread

The thoughts I'm having are...

Caitian

Bajoran

Trill

Orion

An unjoined Trill

Sciences or medical

NikangKaori

Orion, Diplomatic Lieutenant junior grade Counselor, Geshinaa Nollad

Character Basics
Identification Image

Name: Geshinaa Nollad
Race: Orion muni (halfbreed)

Position: Counselor
Branch of Service: Diplomatic
Major: Psychology and Xenolinguistics (alien languages)

Character Appearance
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 136 lb
Hair Color: Copper Orange
Eye Color: Black
Build: Curvy, hourglass shape
Distinguishing marks: Her ears are pierced but she rarely wears earrings

Character Description:
[/u]
Copper orange hair and tons of it, not to mention smooth green skin and deep black eyes, this Orion muni is just as lovely as the rest of her kind, if not a bit more odd looking than the rest of them. With an hourglass figure and sloping curves, she is a small vixen who packs an extra strong punch. When angered her claw like fingernails lengthen a bit and she gets her Orion-like strength. But more often than not, she is seen smiling and trying to put others at ease with her seemingly easy-going ways. Ever so slightly flirtatious, her black eyes will bat dark lashes at object of her affection and those sweet pheromones, though more diluted than a pure Orion female's, kick it up a notch.

Personality:
Highly enthusiastic, especially at the prospects of helping those in Star Fleet and the Federation, she is of moderate rank for her position onboard the ship. Not exceptional, though not horrid, she is an outgoing female, just as charismatic as most of her kind, but in a brighter and more humorous way. Whereas a full Orion sister might charismaticly charm and seduce her prey (most likely to get a few credits out of him), bubbly Geshinaa finds humor and cheerful silliness to her tastes. Of course when it comes to empathy, especially in her line of work, she can use the senses that might have been telepathy in a fullbood but are just heightened empathetic sensors for her. In those moments her bubbliness softens and she can be quiet maternal and soothing, even her diluted pheromones attuning to comfort her patients.

Her kind still has aggressive and vain qualities though, to which she has some weakness too. She takes great pride in her appearance, more often being found in the middle of some strange beauty treatment on her off hours. As for the aggression, her Orion strength usually comes about in moments of great upset or anger. Things that anger her are usually derogatory remarks made about her race (such as animal-woman, from the great myth that there is an animalistic subgroup of Orions that focus on fighting and sex). When angered her small claw-like fingernails lengthen just a bit and her pheromones take on a headache inducing quality. She practices several forms of meditation to still her more volatile emotions, which usually help her to rapidly cool down.

Other Info: She is an Orion with pheromones, so if they were altered to become full-blooded Orion potency, she wouldn't know how to control them. She can speak other alien languages, so it could help when speaking to delegates and translating enemy messages. Her heighten senses of empathy could also help in negotiation situations.

Orions are generally unliked by most races (even Klingons call them barbarians), but if her fully Orion mother were to get on board for a visit chaos could erupt. From her mother's pheromones driving women into rages and men into horny states where they are highly suggestible, to her mother just being a down right mean, aggressive, vain kleptomaniac, things could get verrry interesting during family visits.

Andorian, Ensign Security Detail, Ithali sh'Rhynek

Character Basics
Identification Image

Name: Ithali sh'Rhynek
Gender: female; a shen (out of the four genders, she is the one who produces the egg and receives the chan and thaan for it's fertilization)
Race: Andorian

Position: Security Detail
Branch of Service: Security
Major: ...Creative Writing

Character Appearance
Height: 5'6" (short for an Andorian female)
Weight: 43 kg
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Green Opal
Build: She has a slender body with gentle curves.
Distinguishing marks: She has a small scar at the curve of her jaw.
Character Description:
Elegant and almost delicate looking, she is a warrior who can go toe to toe with Klingons, exceptionally strong and graceful. Slender and tall when compare to a human, she is actually considered both curvy and rather short when compare to the other females of her kind. Cerulean blue skin and pure white hair, her green opal eyes are a vibrant contrast to her rather standard coloring. Flexible and agile, she moves with confidence and a cool assurance, even though she is not often the one giving commands.

Personality:
Although her race is naturally volatile, pride themselves in strict restrain and anger suppression. While most of their violent energy is unleashed in private, in public they seem soft-spoke, delicate and serene. Ithali is no different. While she didn't do well in her studies because of difficulties in controlling her youthful rage, by the time she made it to Ensign, she had a steady and iron-grip grasp on her self-restraint. Coincidentally her major was Creative Writing, partial because the grades were more on the product that was produced and not class performance, but also partial because she found it strangely calming to unleash everything through her writing.

Things that get to Ithali would be numerous if she didn't have discipline over herself. The way someone chewed, to the way someone nervously bounced their knee, down to how someone speaks would get to her and bring a wave of irrational anger, begging to be unleashed physically and violently. Now there is very few who will see her agitated. But she is a loyal and protective creature. Threaten her captain or admired commanding officer and you might see what an ethereally creature like her can do. Of course there are ways to calm her. Usually getting her to think of pleasant things like her family or friends is enough to do the trick. After all the key to her restraint in concern over those dearest to her.

Other Info: At 23 an Andronian is expected to marry (in the ritual ceremony of shelthreth) her three bonded mates (who are usually betrothed) and due to the short window of fertility it is essential that they conceive. While she is not the gender that carries the child (or children if using multiple eggs) nor nurture it after it is born, she is the egg provider. It is her egg(s) that are needed to be fertilized by the two male gender in the four-person bond. This could get complicate if she either does not wish to marry, does not wish to help with conception, does not wish to carry the egg(s) for a month as they fertilize, and/or is in a relationship with someone of another race.

Another is that her race is extremely aggressive and only through will power is able to suppress their violent urges. If angered, she could grab a visiting delegate's arm and they could claim that she violently lashed out at them. This would be believable to others, even those she is close to.

Also Andronians have extremely high metabolisms, making them not only heavy weight drinkers and eaters, but also ones with the access to the good stuff. It could cause humans to get sick however...

Andronians are allergic to chocolate, so this could be a thing to involve somehow.
Lovely Niki's Ons, Offs & Desires & RP Examples

RP Partner Vacancy: No Vacancy
Fire & Gasoline - Opposites Attract RP
Paying Off A Debt - Regency Era RP

"Writing a good story is like creating art. And I want all of my art pieces to be beautiful. That's just who I am."

Orange Marmalade

Here's my first (though there's 3 roles I could see him in). I'm working a bit more slowly on another character but wanted to get this one up for now.

Arik Soongh | Soong-type Android | Captain/First Officer
Character Basics
Name: Arik Soong
Race: Soong-Type Android

Position: Captain (Alternately: First Officer, possibly Chief Tactical Officer)
Branch of Service: Command
Major: Command School (including post-graduate), minors in Helm/Nav and Tactical

Character Appearance
Height: 185cm (6'1")
Weight: 160kg (350lbs) though he appears to weigh the same as a fit human
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Blue
Build: Athletic
Distinguishing marks: None, zero blemishes, scars or other imperfections - though perhaps that is distinguishing enough.

Character Description:

Arik looks, if anything, like one might expect a poster child for the Federation to look. His appearance was carefully chosen to look friendly yet tough, to appear confident but not intimidating, and to appeal to as broad a range of people as possible. Unlike previous Soong-type Androids he looks fully human in terms of general features like his eyes and skintone. It is also extremely rare to see him wearing anything other than official Starfleet uniforms or clothing.

Personality:
Arik tends to be curious about almost anything new, but also cautious of his image in front of others. Unlike others of his kind who came before, Arik has a strong sense of self awareness and tends to attempt to avoid embarrassment whenever possible. He is well mannered though somewhat aloof, his previous attempts at being 'one of the guys' having had mixed reactions.

At times he is perhaps overconfident, which can be off-putting to some. Overconfident may be the wrong word, really, as it is more than he tends to know his exact capabilities, and humility is not an easily mastered human emotion.

Other Info: Arik was named for his 'grandfather', the original creator of Soong androids whose work was continued by Noonian Soong. He was put together by a team of Starfleet scientists using data and materials gathered from the remains of B-4 in addition to logs and information from Data. He does have an Emotion Chip similar to theone Data used to have, though it is often willingly kept dialed down for fear of it consuming him or making him unstable. His promotion to his current position happened during combat with the loss of his commanding officer.

Captain Whitebread

Commander Rim - Caitian Science Officer
Character Basics
Name: Rim Tibbetts (Family name 'Rim' precedes the personal name 'Tibbetts', similar to Bajorans)
Race: Caitian

Position: Chief Science Officer
Branch of Service: Science
Major: Dual Major Geology and Xenobiology

Character Appearance
Height: 6'
Weight: 215 lbs
Hair Color: Gret with black
Eye Color: Pale blue
Distinguishing marks: Fur is patterned very similar to a Terran snow leopard

Character Description:

Rim Tibbetts is typical Caitian, a bipedal felinoid with digitigrade legs.  He prefers to keep his long fur closely trimmed; not only does it make his uniform fit better but it also controls his shedding.  The Caitian musculature is different from humans; they have higher strength and faster muscle responses.  Off duty Tibbetts can usually be found wearing a kilt.  On duty, his uniform is always pristine.  Words like 'lithe' and 'flexible' are frequently used to describe him. 

Personality:
Rim Tibbetts is highly competitive, giving 100% to anything he participates in, whether it is a game of Parrisses Squares, Anbo-jyutsu or a planetary survey.    He doesn't like losing but understands that there is always somebody better out there, so his response to defeat isn't resentment but rather a desire to learn from the victor.

Other Info: Anything else you think might be important for you to sell this concept.  Plot hooks and ideas for character development welcome.
Tibbets has a fascination for the fur of the species around him or, to be more specific, he is fascinated by body hair, especially pubic hair.  He's grown up surrounded by a thousand other species and has developed something akin to a fetish for females of most species.  It isn't something that affects his daily life but he might be caught staring while off duty, if there are a scantily clad member of most species nearby.

orderNchaos

I thought I'd resurrect some old star trek characters I fell in love with.

Lieutenant Liara Kroken

Character Basics
Name: Kroken Liara (true Bajoran form)
Race: Bajoran

Position: Astrometrics and Propulsion Engineer
Branch of Service: Engineering
Major: Quantum Propulsion and Physics

Character Appearance
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130
Hair Color: Sandy Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing marks: Standard Bajoran Nose crest, Tribal tattoo's on her left shoulder and upper arm. 

Character Description:

Liara is a fit, healthy Bajoran with a higher than normal intellect and physical prowess.  While she is small by comparison to most Bajoran's of her age, she is highly energetic and keeps herself in fit.  She has a strong technical mind for engineering concepts and internal ship operations.  She worked as and apprentice technician with the Bajoran technical team under the guidance of Chief Miles Obrien.  Recommended to the Academy based on her performance and skills, and regardless of her young age, she excelled and out performed most of her peers.  Liara had a tough time adjusting to Starfleet rules and regulations in the first two years at the Academy, but quickly found her niche and excelled through the final two years.

Personality:
Liara is a smart driven young officer who is very capable of performing well in high stress environments.  Regardless of her ability to do her job, Liara also has a very over active sex drive and imagination and has been told she needs to learn to focus that energy in ways that doesn't expose her to compromising situations.  She's is a very open minded soul who uses sex as a means of interpersonal contact, religious fervor and just plain NEED.  She is very submissive during sex due to her small size but also very aggressive in pursuing her desires till the end.  There is some hint that certain aspects of her Bajoran religious belief may guide much of her promiscuous nature.

Kavash Teel

Character Basics
Name: Kavash Teel
Race: Joined Trill

Position: Tactical Officer
Branch of Service: Operations
b]Major:[/b] Advanced Starship Tactics, Minor Starship Combat

Character Appearance
Height: 5'9" foot
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair Color: Wavy dark brown
Eye Color: Blue Green
Distinguishing marks: Standard Trill markings along his body.

Character Description:
[/u]
Tall, imposing to most, Kavash has always been a young bright officer with a keen perspective on the world around him. Kavash has always had strong interest in 20th century Earth history and spends time collecting books or relics he's found over the years.  He has a propensity for gambling both in relation to his duties and as a form of relaxation, they are both very particular to poker.  The Teel symbiote's personality has only enhanced Kavash's natural tendency to act without thinking regardless of their combined intelligence.  While an expert in ships and ship combat, Teel has brought a strong interest in chemical engineering and how it can be incorporated into weapons systems.  Kavash is a natural pilot, being what had originally been his draw to Star Fleet.  While he started out as a shuttle pilot, and was on track to pilot starships, the blending with Teel sent his career in a different direction.  Lieutenant Teel is still qualified on all shuttles and has taken free time out of his time off to become qualified on star ship helm procedures.

Personality:
Kavash Teel joined Star Fleet at age twenty when he found out that he didn’t make it into the symbiote program.  Being highly intelligent Kavash made great strides in advanced lessons at the Academy.  He can be a headstrong but loyal officer and friend to those around him.  His Starfleet record was exemplary for the most part, but contained reports of insubordination and attacks on fellow cadets who allegedly bullied him.  Kavish has a history of using his interest in engineering and tactics to retaliate indirectly.  His interest in tactics, piloting, engineering and history make him a person who is constantly seeking knowledge.  He tends to jump without thinking but also tends to be able to think quickly on his feet and respond effectively in crunch situations.  The Teel symbiote has a history of following his emotions without regard for the consequences and this personality trait along with his high intelligence and quick thinking have transferred over to Kavash.  As with most Trill, Kavash is very loyal to his friends, but as history has shown in Kavash's past that he can also be very ruthless to enemies. 

Other Info:  The Teel Symbiote was originally joined with Commander Rasis Teel who worked with Starfleet strategic division in order to develop weapons and tactics to counter the Dominion advance prior to the end of the war.  Rasis Teel was mortally injured a year before the war ended during a Cardassian surprise attack on a remote weapons development outpost on the edge of Cardassian space.  At the time Ensign Kavash Raddick had been assigned as a shuttle pilot at the outpost.  With little time to wait for a proper replacement for the joining, Ensign Raddick offered to attempt a joining to save Teel.  Once the joining was complete all personnel from the damaged outpost were evacuated and returned to Federation space.  The last few years have been extremely difficult for him having been joined with a symbiote without the proper training or support structure, which normal hosts receive on Trill.  Lieutenant Teel has had to endure a blistering number of personal problems including an investigation by the Trill Symbiosis Commission surrounding the unsanctioned joining of the Teel symbiote. While Lieutenant Teel was acquitted of any wrong doing, the impact of the stress on his personal and professional life was evident.  In the last year Lieutenant Teel has been strongly focused on his duties and has shown remarkable resilience in light of his ordeal..

zedarkpenguin

Hopefully this isn't too out of place.
Marisa Ral'al, Security Officer or Second-in-Command

Quick Sketch

Character Basics
Name: Marisa Ral'al
Race: Nyonan

Position: Head of Security or Second in Command
Branch of Service: Security/Operations or Command
Major: Strategic and Tactical Leadership

Character Appearance
Height: 55 In. (4' 7")
Weight: 89 lbs.
Hair Color: Pale Blue
Eye Color: Yellow
Distinguishing marks: Striped skin pattern

Character Description:
[/u]
Marisa is a physically fit woman with faint muscular definition under an otherwise quite shapely, nearly hourglass figure. Smooth, pale skin is patterned with dark stripes reminiscent of a tigers'. Her sky-blue hair hangs down nearly to her knees, however regularly worn back into a heavy bun. rather disgruntingly. Feline ears top her head as well as a long, fur-covered tail are prehensile for the small woman.

Personality:
Calm and cautious, Marisa is a watchful woman. Not one for many words yet when she does it is done with purpose. Often criticized for being 'Married to her work' where her comrades might simply slack or overlook. She certainly does not carry the most friendly demeanor, even if she tries to be understanding, however she can also come off as oblivious to general cultural differences between her own species and those within Starfleet.

Other Info: The Nyonan are an increadibly small and very recent addition to the breadth of the Federation. A usually kind-natured species most colloquially known for their sexually open and carefree natures and otherwise a general opposition to clothing. No Nyonan males have been observed, and xenolinquistic studies have found there not even to be a word for such.

Marisa is the first of her species to graduate from Starfleet Academy, her more serious nature is an oddity among her species and is likely to draw conflict from those that know how they typically are.

Captain Whitebread

Anatole Kir-Je - Trill Diplomatic Attache
Character Basics
Name: Anatole Kir-Je
Race: Unjoined Trill

Position: Assistant to diplomatic Envoy
Branch of Service: Diplomatic Corps
Major: Major in Linguistics, Minor in Xeno-cultural Etiquette

Character Appearance
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Build: Average
Distinguishing marks: Parallel spotted
pattern
from temples to ankles

Character Description:
Anatole is an unassuming man, quite able to blend in to the background.  He is average in just about every physical way, average height, average build; there is nothing particularly memorable about him.  The only remarkable feature about him are the twin set of markings that reveal that he is a Trill, rather than fully human.

Faceclaim: Jim Brickman

Personality:
Anatole is a very focused individual although this might not be apparent from his actions.  He is quiet and unassuming, speaking when spoken to but rarely initiating the conversation.  He is very much a people watcher and sees and hears far more than one would expect.  He suggests, rather than insists on a course of action.  His nature has been both an advantage and a disadvantage in his career; he's a sought after assistant but is unlikely to see promotion.  This doesn't seem to bother him.  He handles a crisis like a cork floating through a hurricane; it might seem like he is being overwhelmed but in the end he emerges unscathed.  He does not hide the fact that he is an unjoined Trill but he does not go out of his way to expose that information.  Certainly he is mildly deferential to joined Trill, a condition he, like all his species, can instantly detect.

Anatole has a photographic memory, something that has helped him learn the seventeen languages he is fluent in as well as the additional six that he is in the process of learning.  It has been suggested that he is as much a spy as a diplomat, a concept he denies without heat, even though there is considerable evidence to support the idea.  He practices a Zen-like philosophy and has been known to teach classes in Mok'bara, the Klingon version of Tai Chi, although he denies being a "Da'Har Master.

BlackStone

Okay the selections are in.  We still have a few slots open to be filled so keeping this page up.   In the meantime players can go ahead to move onto the following threads.

Character Bios
Starships of the Line
OOC Thread

Captain Whitebread

I assume Anatole has an NPC ambassador he's attached to?

Tackyhillbilly

Lt. Cdr Un'lar Adaal
Character Basics
Name: Un'lar Adaal
Race: Cardassian

Position: Chief Medical Officer
Branch of Service: Medical
Major: Medicine

Character Appearance
Height: 5'9
Weight: 176 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Build: Well built
Distinguishing marks: Nothing particular beyond being a Cardassian in Starfleet.

Character Description:
[/u]
Un'lar is a Cardassian in a Starfleet uniform. Thats... unusual. That's in fact all most people see when they see the Doctor. Most never get beyond that. Those that do find a man dedicated to his craft. Tall, and well built, he keeps himself in utmost physical shape, largely as an example to those he cares for. He is capable of profound relaxation, something which could be mistaken for meditation. While there is no spiritual component, when Un'lar has nothing to do, he's capable of doing exactly that. Nothing. When given a task though, he is swift, moving with purpose. There is little grace, just a definite sense of purpose. He goes from where he was to where he is needed as fast as possible. The only time he demonstrates something like that is when he's operating. When he does so, he tends to focus, moving with a shocking gentleness for the normally brusque officer.

Personality:
Un'lar is reserved individual. A habit he's developed over his life in a world that largely looks at him like a possible threat. He's no vulcan, and is fond of laughing, something which can be shocking for those used to members of his species. While Un'lar does demonstrate many of the traits his species have developed over the years, including the incredible memory, he's lived in the Federation all his adult life, and adopted much of their culture as his own. He's a fan of Classical music, and a fair pianist, though he's been told that his playing needs more expressive. At the end of the day though, being a Cardassian or a Federation citizen is not the most important of his life. It is being a doctor. In sickbay, he is a Doctor first, anything else second.

Other Info: Un'lar's family was on one of the planets that were swapped in the establishing of the DMZ. Most of the citizens of the Cardassian worlds that swapped control accepted resettlement. However, there were those that did not.
Un'lar's family were widely suspected of people Cardassian plants during the war. There were some in similar circumstances who were. The truth was though, Un'lar's father was just a stubborn old man.
They were evacced along with the entire populace of the planet before the Jem'hadr could take the planet, Un'lar's father and mother spending the war aiding in the translation of intercepted messages.