An adventurers vacation: Stranded in Paradise! (Mid-Level Pathfinder)

Started by who149, August 01, 2017, 03:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

Every adventurer at one point or another asks themselves a huge question. "Gee. What am I gonna do with all of this money that I got from dragon slaying, goblin Killing, and other perfectly 100% legal methods?". Sure, you can buy brand new armor and weapons with all of that. But is that really fulfilling? If all of your gold merely goes to buying you more weapons to obtain more gold, what are you doing with your life? Every Adventurer, Mercenary, and murder hobo needs to go and use that money and blow it on something for themselves!  Which was the exact problem a small group of adventurers who came back from their previous adventure just faced!

Luckily! A solution came flying at them! Flyers for a brand new Resort Island in the middle of the ocean! Far passed any kingdoms laws! Women! Men! Gambling! Sun! Hot Springs! More Men and Women! High Class Food fit for a king! Finest ales brought from all over the world! Brought to you by Gorgeous Women and Men! Wearing loin clothes! A perfect place to be during the summer where absolutely nothing will go wrong! Stay for a whole week! The boat isn't coming back until the week is over so its best to enjoy yourself!... Did I mention the attractive Men and Women serving you?

Anyway! Basic idea! Small pathfinder group about a small group of 4-5 adventurers who decide to take a vacation at an island resort that just opened up. Their fair pays them a whole week. And things seem wonderful at first! But. It never takes long for things to go south. And that boat doesn't come back for a whole 'nother week. What exactly will you be facing? Who knows! A brand new calamity seems to be on the horizon each and every day.

The exact attractions of the island will probably vary depending on what the group wants! Almost like the island is catered towards its guests! . So, what you and/or your character would be hoping to find while on the island would be good knowledge to have!

Pathfinder
Level 6
4-5 members.
25 point buy.
Most classes and races welcome!
One Trait

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Petrus02

Laughing Hyena

corvusul86

who149

Oh! Awesome! I can work with 6 People if everyone here is interested!

Ons and offs!

Snake

PhantomPistoleer

Well... my health has been much better lately, and I've been dying to play in a pathfinder game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

corvusul86

Do you want us to go ahead and start making characters? If so, are you using traits?

who149

Well. We'll have to see.

What did everyone have in mind on the way of characters?

Ons and offs!

Snake

who149

Yes. Go ahead and make your characters. And I'll allow a single trait.

Ons and offs!

towerhouse

I was thinking a synthesist (summoner) with a twist.  Two lovers are cursed to be separated.  The woman found a way to summon her dead lover who was in hades.  But when he is summoned, he takes over her body, and neither of them can communicate directly with each other.  The man takes over during the day and the woman during the night.  Of course, they both start having wandering eyes.  And the vacation might loosen them up a little.

I have other ideas too, if people don't like synthesist (which is banned by certain pathfinder groups)
-TH

On/Offs

Snake

Well a synthesist, built optimally is exceptionally overpowered.

I'm considering something similar though: a Spiritualist; the psychic version of that. basically a Stand User if you've seen JJBA

towerhouse

Yeah, the summoned beast will be human looking (looks like conan).  So no extra arms, wings, etc.  I even don't want the claws, but not sure if it's OK to substitute it for something else.
-TH

On/Offs

who149

That's actually a really good idea Towerhouse! It has the potential for some interest and lots of awkward moments haha!  And aww. Okay Blinkin. I'll message you if something happens!

And this game is mostly for fun!

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

corvusul86

I was thinking a Silksworn Occultist -- her magic comes from wearing fancy clothing.

Snake

PhantomPistoleer

Bertholt Hashimoto
Human Samurai of the Order of the Warrior
Character Sheet

Brief History:  The Unvanquished Blade of the East hails from the misty isles of Goto, where the Unseen Daymio presides o'er her vast hegemony with absolute contempt for injustice and tyranny.  As her grace's noble vassal, Hashimoto expresses her will with exacting uniformity beyond her borders, eschewing the flesh of other creatures, tithing to the many gods, and rooting out the evils that threaten the unclean inhabitants of this cast-off continent.

Hashimoto is unlike most Gotoans because his father, General Vaan Bertholt, is of Western descent.  The elder Bertholt traveled to Goto seeking adventure but soon entered the Unseen Daimyo's service as a professional soldier prior to Hashimoto's birth.  He married Akane, handmaiden to the Unseen Daimyo, and the pair had three healthy children.  Hashimoto is the oldest child.  Akane died during the Time of Troubles when the Immortal Unadorned Army lay siege to the Central Palace during an unsuccessful coup d'etat.  Hashimoto's racial impurity and unique upbringing was a recipe for a difficult early adulthood in the relatively xenophobic Goto because it required the young samurai to answer many challenges against his honor.

At age eleven, Hashimoto entered the Unseen Daimyo's service as a regiment drummer.  When he was strong enough to carry heavy armor at age thirteen, Hashimoto served as his father's squire.  Under the general's tutelage, he learned to wield the katana blade ably and nobly.  He was anointed as a samurai at age eighteen, but his officer's commission in the Unseen Daimyo's army was rejected due to race-tinged military politics.  Fearing that he would not have a future in the Gotoan army, Hashimoto decided to travel abroad to gain military experience as an adventurer, mercenary, and bodyguard.

Personality:  Hashimoto strives to follow the path of the Unseen Daymio.  To a fault, he is kind to strangers, loyal to friends, giving to orphans and widows, merciful to his enemies, and observant of the mores of foreign cultures.  He lives by a complicated code of honor, which most notably precludes him from enjoying advantages on the battlefield against flat-footed foes.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

I love me some power perversion fetishes so Im going with a mage.

who149

OKay! It looks like so far our party will consist of!

PhantomPistoleer as a samurai

Corvusul86 as as possibly a Silkworn Occult.

Snake as some kind of Spirtualist.

Towerhouse as a Summoner.

Laughing Hyena as some kind of mage.

Kathyan and Petrus haven't said much, though, I have spots open for them if they wanna join in. However, I'm drawing the line for any newcomers coming in. No more new people that haven't already posted.

So!

Name:
Background:

Personality:

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island):

Offs:

Also, do you all want to have been in the same adventuring party? Or just all happen to go to the same island?

Ons and offs!

Kathyan

I have an idea of a dominant samsaran cleric who was a submissive inquisitor in her previous life, thus the memories of her past life often came back to her.
As an option and since we have a samurai already I was also thinking a lotus geisha bard

towerhouse

Name: Kron the Destroyer / Ria the Summoner
Background:  They were an unlikely couple.  The serious Ria who scoffed at the ape barbarian.  Yet, when he first held her in his arms, there was no denying the chemistry.  Taming Kron, Ria was able to have him focus on revenge for their homeland against the Mad Sorcerer Blazic.  However, once they killed Blazic, he laid a curse on them that they will never  see each other again. 

They lived separate lives in the same body.  Every morning, Ria changes to Kron, and when she changes back at night, she remembers nothing of what Kron did.  It didn't help that Kron could not read or write.  But their combined talents were well sought after.  They joined an adventuring group, just as they sought after a cure to curse. 

Personality: Kron is the typical Conan macho man.  He fights for honor.  His heart was smitten when he first met Ria, and he stopped his womanizing ways.  However, without her by his side, his lust is insatiable.  Ria longs to be in Kron's arms.  The futility of the situation has caused her great anxiety.  She needed him, and he was not there.  She sought the advice of her party members on this situation.  A vacation will do her good.

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island):   Ria getting pounded.  Perhaps, both of them hooks up with the same woman?

Offs:   Male / male scenes.
-TH

On/Offs

Petrus02

I was thinking a naive asimaar oracle of Life with the haunted curse - and everyone - players, gm, and possible readers -  being welcome to think(and - with the permission of our gm - post) of minor (or not so minor in case of X rated stuff) mishaps that could happen to her.

Something like: she lived a very secluded life, not by choice but only after finding out how much her curse interfered with a normal life around other people. It was only after a few years after she reached adulthood, that a party of adventurers literally stumbled upon her, dragging her with them saying " we need to slay that vampire really badly. Your not a bad person, we can tell, so help us, and we will reward you greatly!" Surprisingly they stood true to their word, and after the deed was done, she was showered with gold, silver, and fine fabric.

(its just a first thought, all of it is up for negotiation!)

corvusul86

Name Sarette du Girouette
Age 24
Gender Female
Background Sarette was born the third child of the du Girouette noble family.  In her youth she developed a strong taste for the finer things in life, spending her time dressing in the latest fashions and attending the finest parties hosted by the wealthiest of the upper classes.  She even discovered a talent for the arcane arts, learning to imbue her beloved dresses with magical power to allow her to subtly perform magic even in the heart of the royal court.

Everything came crashing down when she came of age and her parents decided to marry her off to a much older man.  While she had always been more attracted to women, even if she was completely straight she would have been revolted at the obese, cruel nobleman almost four times her age.  No matter what she attempted she could not escape the arranged marriage, until eventually she left a goodbye note and escaped in the night, burning through the money she had taken with her as she fled across many countries to ensure that she had escaped her family's reach.

When Sarette began to run low on funds, even after selling much of her jewelry (at far below market value, as she still has no real idea of the value of money), she decided to put her magical training to use as an adventurer.  The profession turned out to be much filthier and far harder work than she had expected, but she made real friends, and discovered that she actually enjoyed helping people.  The acquisition of pretty magical treasures to adorn her person with certainly helped improve her opinion of the lifestyle, and eventually she settled into her career as an adventurer.
Personality Sarette has a strong love of the finer things in life, particularly in terms of fashion, and being endlessly spoiled as a child has made her apt to complain melodramatically about the smallest problems as if they are the end of the world.  Despite that she is a genuinely good person, always willing to help those in need, and a fierce friend, having had few people that truly cared about her in her previously life.  She still has no concept of the value of money or what life is like for most people, but she just manages to be cute and friendly enough about it to be exasperating rather than infuriating.
Ons Sarette wants to spend her days sipping fine wine and being fanned by beautiful women in skimpy maid outfits waiting on her hand and foot, and her nights dancing in fancy balls and attending lavish feasts before retiring to spend the night being pampered and seduced by her beautiful maids in her silk sheets.  I'm looking forward to the dark side of the island getting involved, and I enjoy coercion and similar dubious consent if the story goes that way.
Offs I have no interest in bathroom related activities, or graphic violence being involved in sexual scenes (violence/torture/combat is fine, but I don't like mutilation to be sexualized)
Personal On/Offs Thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=271827.0

Character Sheet

Sarette du Girouette
Female human silksworn occultist 6
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +9

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (Dex +3, Armor +2, Natural Armor +1)
hp 36/36 (6d8+7)
Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +6; +1 resistance bonus on all saves from Implement (included)

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee Fighting Fan+1, +8, 1d4 damage, x3 Crit, S/P damage
Occultist Spell Known (CL 6th; concentration +10)
  2nd (4) -- Resist Energy, Calm Emotions (DC 17), Demand Offering (DC 17), Burning Gaze (DC 16), Mirror Image, Knock
  1st (5) -- Shield, Charm Person (DC 16), Murderous Command (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 15), Mask Dweomer, Feather Fall
  0 (At will) -- Resistance, Daze (DC 14), Light, Ghost Sound, Mending
Bonus +1 extra damage from all instant evocation spells and abilities from implement bonus

STATISTICS

Str 9, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 16
Base Atk +4; CMB +3, CMD 16
Feats Weapon Finesse, Spell Focus (Enchantment), Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Fighting Fan, Extra Focus Power
Skills Bluff +14, Diplomacy +14, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (history) +13, Knowledge (nobility) +13, Perception +9, Perform (dance) +14, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +13, Use Magic Device +17; +2 competence bonus on all Charisma rolls and Charisma skill checks from implement (included)
Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Dwarf, Gnome

ABILITIES

Implement Casting You present your implement as a focus when casting spells.  If you do not have it on your person, you must succeed at a DC 20 + spell level concentration check to cast the spell, and it is cast at minimum caster level for the spell. 
Mental Focus May invest (occultist level + Int mod + Cha mod) 13 points into implement abilities
Focus Powers Learns the basic focus powers from all implements known, plus three additional focus powers (selected at each odd level).  Saves for these powers are (10 + 1/2 occultist level + Int mod) DC 17.
Magic Item Skill Gain a bonus to use magic device checks equal to half Occultist level (3).
Object Reading Examine an item for one minute.  If magic, learn its properties and command word as if successfully identified with detect magic and a spellcraft check, but only realize it is cursed if caster level is less than or equal to occultist class level.  If historically important, learn one piece of information about it of GMs choice.  If last used within one day per occultist level, learn one piece of information about the previous user (what they looked like, what they did with the item, what emotional state they were in, etc.) determined by the GM.
Shift Focus Can shift mental focus from one implement to another by spending one minute concentrating.  This transfers points -1 to the new item.
Aura Sight Can read auras as the aura sight spell as a standard action.

IMPLEMENTS

Abjuration (Wrist) (Bracers of Armor +2) (2 points) (2/2)
Warding Talisman Gain a +1 resistance bonus on saving throws for every 2 points invested (maximum 1 + 1/4 occultist levels)
Mind Barrier As a swift action, spend 1 point to gain a barrier that protects from 2 damage per occultist level until the start of the next turn or until exhausted.  May spend 2 points to do this as an immediate action.

Enchantment (Neck) (x2) (Amulet of Natural Armor +1) (4 points) (4/4)
Glorious Presence Gain a +1 competence bonus on all charisma based skill and ability checks for every 2 points invested (maximum 1 + 1/4 occultist levels)
Cloud Mind As a standard action, spend 1 point to daze a creature with hit die less than or equal to occultist level for one round, or stagger them if higher.  Will save negates.  Only effects a target once per day.  This is a mind affecting effect.
Forced Alliance As a standard action cause a living creature to see you as an ally for 1 round per occultist level (6).  This costs 1 if they share a type with you (humanoid), or 2 if they do not.  Will negates, and on a failed save they will not attempt to harm you, and you can force them to save again and on failure aid you directly.
Obey As a standard action, spend 1 point to issue a command (as the spell) to a living creature within 30 feet capable of understanding the order.  Will negates, but suffers a -2 if they share a type (humanoid) with you.

Evocation (Hands) (Apprentice's Cheating Gloves) (2 points) (2/2)
Intense Focus Do an additional point of damage on instantaneous duration evocations spells and focus powers for every 2 points invested (maximum 1 +1/2 occultist levels)
Energy Ray As a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity, expend one point to fire a ray as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet, doing 1d6 + 1d6 per two levels beyond the first (3d6) damage of your choice of acid, cold, electricity or fire.

Illusion (Head) (Hat of Disguise) (2 point) (2/2)
Distortion As a standard action gain concealment with a miss chance equal to 5% per point invested to a maximum of 5% + 5%/2 occultist levels.  This lasts until you make an attack.  At 50% this gains all the benefits of invisibility.  May be seen through by abilities that ignore invisibility.
Minor Figment As a standard action, spend 1 point to create a ghost sound or minor image (as those spells) lasting a number of rounds equal to your occultist level.
Unseen As a standard action, spend 1 point to become invisible as invisibility, lasting one minute per occultist level.  Spend 2 instead of 1 to make a willing adjacent creature invisible, although you can still see them.  You may spend 1 point to make a creature stay invisible if it is within 30 feet of you if it attacks.

Transmutation (Feet) (Boots of the Cat) (3 points) (3/3)
Physical Enhancement Gain a +2 enhancement to a physical ability score for every 3 points invested (to a maximum of +2 at first level, and an additional +2 for every six occultist levels).
Legacy Weapon As a standard action and spend 1 point to grant a touched weapon an enhancement bonus equal to 1 + 1 per six occultist levels (+2).  This stacks with the enhancement bonus of the weapon, up to +5, and may be spend on special weapon abilities.  This bonus lasts for one minute.
Quickness As a standard action, spend 1 point to haste (as the spell) yourself or one creature touched.  The AC and Reflex bonus are +2, but otherwise identical to haste.  Lasts for 1 round per occultist level.

OTHER STATISTICS

Class Skills  Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Fly (Dex), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Ranks Bluff 6, Diplomacy 6, Knowledge (arcana) 6, Knowledge (history) 6, Knowledge (nobility) 6, Perception 6, Perform (dance) 5, Sense Motive 6, Spellcraft 6, Use Magic Device 6
Favored Class Occultist (5 Skill Points, 1 HP)
Trait Talented (Perform (all) are class skills, and one (dance) gains a +1 trait bonus)

EQUIPMENT

+1 Fighting Fan, Bracers of Armor +2, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Boots of the Cat, Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Hat of Disguise, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges), Campsite Feather Token, Fan Feather Token, Swan Boat Feather Token
Noble Outfit w/signet ring, 200gp of jewelry, spell component pouch, belt pouch
509gp

who149

Give give a clear idea of what your going into. Act 1, as we'll be calling it, will be mostly everyone enjoying the island. So, expect a lot of light hearted things as everyone runs around and enjoys themselves with no worries and explore the island at your leasure and find cute people around the corner, or try to win lots of money gambling. Eventually, something will happen, and most likely kick things into something of an Act 2, which will be darker and require the skills of your typical adventurer. When, how, or why that happens, anyone's guess, and while probably I guess a bit of a spoiler, important to understand for the tone of the game.

Quote from: Kathyan on August 02, 2017, 02:46:27 AM
I have an idea of a dominant samsaran cleric who was a submissive inquisitor in her previous life, thus the memories of her past life often came back to her.
As an option and since we have a samurai already I was also thinking a lotus geisha bard

Bards are always a lot of good fun when it comes to these sorts of things. And memories of her past life would be an interesting touch. Especially in a world where people live so long its possible for you to meet someone that your past life knew. For better or worse.

Quote from: towerhouse on August 02, 2017, 03:29:09 AM
Name: Kron the Destroyer / Ria the Summoner
Background:  They were an unlikely couple.  The serious Ria who scoffed at the ape barbarian.  Yet, when he first held her in his arms, there was no denying the chemistry.  Taming Kron, Ria was able to have him focus on revenge for their homeland against the Mad Sorcerer Blazic.  However, once they killed Blazic, he laid a curse on them that they will never  see each other again. 

They lived separate lives in the same body.  Every morning, Ria changes to Kron, and when she changes back at night, she remembers nothing of what Kron did.  It didn't help that Kron could not read or write.  But their combined talents were well sought after.  They joined an adventuring group, just as they sought after a cure to curse. 

Personality: Kron is the typical Conan macho man.  He fights for honor.  His heart was smitten when he first met Ria, and he stopped his womanizing ways.  However, without her by his side, his lust is insatiable.  Ria longs to be in Kron's arms.  The futility of the situation has caused her great anxiety.  She needed him, and he was not there.  She sought the advice of her party members on this situation.  A vacation will do her good.

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island):   Ria getting pounded.  Perhaps, both of them hooks up with the same woman?

Offs:   Male / male scenes.

That's actually pretty interesting. So, their body literally changes so is it a full transformation or is it minor changes to the same body? Either way. There's a lot of interest that can be found. Poor Ria I can imagine would be shocked to find herself  waking up next to a random women or two that Kron was having fun with.

Quote from: Petrus02 on August 02, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
I was thinking a naive asimaar oracle of Life with the haunted curse - and everyone - players, gm, and possible readers -  being welcome to think(and - with the permission of our gm - post) of minor (or not so minor in case of X rated stuff) mishaps that could happen to her.

Something like: she lived a very secluded life, not by choice but only after finding out how much her curse interfered with a normal life around other people. It was only after a few years after she reached adulthood, that a party of adventurers literally stumbled upon her, dragging her with them saying " we need to slay that vampire really badly. Your not a bad person, we can tell, so help us, and we will reward you greatly!" Surprisingly they stood true to their word, and after the deed was done, she was showered with gold, silver, and fine fabric.

(its just a first thought, all of it is up for negotiation!)

I enjoy curses a lot! And don't worry. I'll be sure lots of unfortunate things to happen around her that might lead to lots of fun little scenerios! And as all good curses go, it won't just punish you, but the people around you too! Expect many a wardrobe malfunction, missing clothing, and walls collapsing while your bathing. Along with the usual minor mishaps of books flying off the shelf and hitting you, doors opening and closing, and such.

Quote from: corvusul86 on August 02, 2017, 11:06:43 AM

Looking good! A noble women with a very clear goal for this vacation!

Ons and offs!

Dresden

I'm probably far too late to throw my hat into the ring. I love a bit of Pathfinder

Snake

I need one more day to cook up my character. Then I'll be ready. I"m bouncing back and forth between a female or a male character.

who149

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Everyone's created such interesting characters...  I should touch mine up this afternoon to make him more interesting.

Is anyone interested in forming an adventuring party?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

corvusul86

Alright, Sarette is finished pending GM approval.  She's not very powerful, but she should be a lot of fun to play.

I like the idea of being an established party, although I'm fine either way.

who149

Ons and offs!

towerhouse

Quote from: who149 on August 02, 2017, 11:30:51 AM

That's actually pretty interesting. So, their body literally changes so is it a full transformation or is it minor changes to the same body? Either way. There's a lot of interest that can be found. Poor Ria I can imagine would be shocked to find herself  waking up next to a random women or two that Kron was having fun with.

Well, "technically", the summoner (Ria) is physically inside the summoned monster called Eidolon (Kron).  Also, the description says the Eidolon is translucent.  However, I don't think cosmetic features is a big deal as long as you are fine with Kron being completely opaque.  As for the part that Kron and Ria are not aware of each other's actions, that's something I made up to make things interesting.  In a normal synthesist, the eidolon and summoner observe events simultaneously when fused.
-TH

On/Offs

Kathyan

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 02, 2017, 02:29:19 PM
Everyone's created such interesting characters...  I should touch mine up this afternoon to make him more interesting.

Is anyone interested in forming an adventuring party?
I still have to build my character but I decided to go with a bard and I though the Geisha and the Samurai could already know each other ^^

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kathyan on August 03, 2017, 12:56:02 PM
I still have to build my character but I decided to go with a bard and I though the Geisha and the Samurai could already know each other ^^

That sounds great, Kathyan.  I adore your characters and am looking forward to playing with you.

But I don't want you to feel stuck on a geisha because my character is a samurai.  I would be more than happy to change my character's class around if you had any other preferences. 
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kathyan

Don't feel that way, I hardly had any chance to play bard in PF and the lotus geisha is one of the archetypes I've been willing to try.

I got a question btw, we have been told we can have 1 trait but is the extra trait feat allowed?

corvusul86

I decided to use a Fighting Fan as a weapon (so that my character can carry it around and pretend to have a normal fan instead of carrying a more obvious weapon), which is technically an Eastern weapon.  How about Sarette passed through your Japanese analog region during her escape and have joined up with the party you are forming?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kathyan on August 03, 2017, 08:49:08 PM
Don't feel that way, I hardly had any chance to play bard in PF and the lotus geisha is one of the archetypes I've been willing to try.

Then I'm really looking forward to your geisha, Kathyan.  Like, a lot. :)

Quote from: corvusul86 on August 03, 2017, 09:04:44 PM
I decided to use a Fighting Fan as a weapon (so that my character can carry it around and pretend to have a normal fan instead of carrying a more obvious weapon), which is technically an Eastern weapon.  How about Sarette passed through your Japanese analog region during her escape and have joined up with the party you are forming?

That sounds great, too.

We can hammer out the details later.  I think that my poor samurai would have been elated to meet a foreigner in Goto.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

Name: Shiro
Background: Shiro was born into a wealthy family; the only son of a Baron and the heir to the house (technically) but he was told early on that he had to prove himself worthy of the position. While his family was a patron to many artisans and had influence and clout within that industry, Shiro preferred to keep to his own company, always feeling like he was never alone with his own thoughts.  Rumor used to swirl that he wasn't seen much at court compared to his sisters, including a fraternal twin because he was "involved" with someone "of lower class" or worse: Incestuously with his female family members.

Fed up with the lies and rumors, and being pushed by some sense of wanderlust, Shiro grabbed the best equipment he could from his family's small, but well-stocked armory and ran off into the night. Taking odd jobs as a mercenary or "fixer" for people that needed things done; never revealing his real name nor affiliation. He wanted to feel like he earned his status instead of having it spoonfed to him. However, after a few years of wandering about and learning more about the world via experience; he was forced to rush home and protect his twin sister from the predations of an arranged marriage that she was completely against.  But his way of dealing with it made it so that until he publically announced who he was and his lineage: he couldn't go home again and he wasn't ready to do that.

Personality: A bit of a lone wolf since he's never actually alone; Shiro enjoys the fact he can seem like he's fully invulnerable in combat thanks to his partner's abilities to protect against attacks. Otherwise; he's very intuitive and tends to trust his gut instinct on things and goes with the flow. He approaches most things seriously and sometimes comes off as lacking a sense of humor but this is wrong: Shiro likes to prod fun at things with usually timely witticisms and commentary.

He can deal with all levels of society, having been born with a "silver spoon in his mouth" as it were; since he now tends to listen to the spirit inside when it decides to provide advice through their telepathic connection; or manifest and deal with the situation herself.  He's smart and intuitive but has a quiet personality and comes off as slightly abrasive and crass compare to his "finer fellows" one might say.

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island): Large breasted women all around! Good/Fun Personalities! But kink wise? MiLFs, exotic races, No commitments required.  Overall somewhat vanilla honestly.

Offs: Usual stuff: no Gore, Vore, Scat, Watersports, Permanent Death etc

Character Sheet: Here

who149

Alright! I like it!

One question though. Permanent death I realize for like kink wise and stuff. But, if say, a few staff members or island goers were to die in a non-kink related and are found in a pool of blood, is that okay?

Ons and offs!

who149

Quote from: Kathyan on August 03, 2017, 08:49:08 PM

I got a question btw, we have been told we can have 1 trait but is the extra trait feat allowed?

Ons and offs!

Snake

That's Fine. I just mean I don't want MY character to end up permanently dead *laugh*

Technically: I'm playing 2 characters. Since Shiro's dedication Phantom has it's own personality and such but is 100% loyal to her master. It's the phantom of one of his ancestors actually *chuckle* The reason she's bound to him is because of intense sense of Dedication to the family line.

Kathyan

Name: Fujuku Byakuren
Ghoran Lotus geisha
Background: Fujuku was brough as a seedling and given as a present to the fourthteen shugenja of one of the lesser families of the island of Goto, it was a mature man who took care of her since she was planted in his garden and she procured to please him in every aspect she could while he worked for the emperor. It wasn't surprising that Fujuku was trained as a Geisha since she loved him so much, taking care of the garden so he always had beautiful sight outside the walls of his manor while also cultivating her own body every once in a while so she would stay always young for him keeping herself a body of 18 years in all aspects while she was over half a century old.

Once he passed away Byakuren 'the white lotus' was unable to find the joy she had lived in the manor and decided to roam around Goto to find herself a new motivation in her life, a new lord and a new love but as time passed she wasn't able to do so finding herself trapped in short brief relationship. Perhaps she would have to expand her orisons even further she thought and it was then when she met Hashimoto, a Samurai who was going to travel abroad whom she'd be joining in his quest for adventure.

Personality: With an ever changing mood that would be described by most as whimsical Fujuku is usually aggressive in her approach bording into the levels of dangerous seduction yet sometimes she can also be the most submissive and pleasing flower of the garden. Her mood changes also vary according to the season of the year and to the current weather but no matter what she is always playfully seductive and deliciously charming, quite literally as she would even let those who sympathize with her to eat the sweet fruit of her loins.

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island): Fujuku wants to find someone that would be able to undestand her ever changing mood, someone she could devote herself to and she'll be trying to find the right one (or ones). Being both highly dominant and highly submissive she would like to explore every aspect of her sexuality and as she is delicious and able to grow berries she would love to be 'eaten' too (some partial non lethal vore would be fine if possible ^^)

Offs: bathroom stuff, bloodplay, extreme violence, gore

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1292950

Laughing Hyena

Name: Aramis Blackthorn
Background: The road to power sometimes comes at a price few could ever want to pay. Whether you pay it upon learning your arcane talents or after the fact makes no difference. Theres always a price. For Aramis, his tutelage came from a powerful wizardress. A wizardress in a village that was suffering from a terrible drought. They blamed the wizardress in due time and they burned her alive whilst Aramis was hid away in a secret chamber. Whilst he survived and fled the village, he was homeless and penniless with naught but his mentors spell book and the arcane secrets she taught him. So he took up the life of an adventurer determined to turn himself from a nobody to someone important. Whilst he acquired some measure of fame and fortune, the horrors that an adventurer can bear witness to can leave deep scars and not just on a physical level so he took to revelry and the glory of such a lifestyle. His travelings called it decadence and vice and it was true but he would rather bury those horrors than ever risk letting them consume him. So here he is after another harrowing experience taking the opportunity to heal his mind and indulge in his personal vices to cope.

Personality: He can be rather abrasive with his personality and how he loves to gloat and revels in his arcane power. He loves to talk and dazzle lovely women with both magic, his adventure and is willing to show off in more explicit fashions. He serves no gods other them himself and indulges himself in many decadence. Mostly to drown out his responsibilities and the horrors of the adventuring life. They have not been kind to him and now with a new party of intrepid adventurers (this group) he has had some measure of success.

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island): Aramis loves to dominate the fairer sex, binding them, indulging in the power of it. He also loves to indulge in exquisite acts of passion in dangerous situations such as within public eyes where the more squeamish can watch. Public bathing or any excuse to grope a lovely woman also boils his blood in the proper ways. He enjoys being worshipped especially around his natural rod of wonder so to speak, and has a deep love for beautiful and bountiful breasts. Desserts of the erotic variety are also something he indulges in quite readily. He wants to see many exotic women scantily clad, fawning on him.  Size play such as small fairies worshipping his manhood is a rather pleasant fantasy of his and just worship of his dick in general makes him turgid. He savors it.

Offs: He has no love for sexualization of dismemberment or gore. He refuses to submit to a dominating women nor will he permit himself to find anything within a privy or sewer sexy. The loss of power brings up tremendous horrors rather than arouses him.

Character Sheet Link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1293538 (I forgot to save it... dangit!)

who149

Alright! Everyone is looking good! Gonna write things up soon. Nice to know a good variety of fetishes. I can't promise everything, but exotic women is something easy. Some domination involved, so there will sure to be a dueling ring somewhere on the island where participants duel for high stakes. The island will have varying biomes and at least be sure to have wooded area's towards the center for our lovely forest friends. And yes, I can indulge in some non-lethal vore for our lovely plant lady.

I'll be sure that this island is everyone's dream come true! For a while at least.

I'll try to have the OOC up by tomorrow and hopefully the thread ready to go.

Ons and offs!

who149

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=272409.0

OOC thread is up! Post your characters and discuss there! IC should be up within the next few days.

Ons and offs!

corvusul86

I'll wait to post chat on the OOC thread until the other character sheets are up, but I like the look of the island. :-)

Also, how can we be warned about a haunted house and not visit it at some point?

who149

What? But they told you not to visit! You would go so far as to break the rules? I guess people will just haphazardly pile into the hotsprings and ignore the well organized "Men/Women" Sections too while your at it!

Ons and offs!

Laughing Hyena

corvusul86

Honestly, my character would be doomed here even without whatever is going to go wrong.

She has no understanding of the value of money, so if she visits the casino, the odds of her ending up ridiculously in debt is very, very high...  Oh well, it'll only be 'friendly consequences'!

Laughing Hyena

Still have to get some extra spells and craft myself a wand or two but Im feeling rather good about things.

who149

Alright! All we need is Towerhouse and Laughings character posted and they'll all be there!

Ons and offs!

towerhouse

I think I posted something of a rough draft, but will get to the character sheet after this weekend.
-TH

On/Offs

Laughing Hyena

Gotta select magic items and such but Im working on that. Obviously I would need my spell book and a way to transport it without carrying it at all times on a sunny vacation.

who149

The bag of holding is now a bracelet of holding if you want that.

Ons and offs!

Kathyan

I'm bringuing this up here and not in the OOC because I didn't want to mess with the characters being posted in there ^^

I noticed we are being given 3000 GPs but accoring to our level we should have 16000, is this 3000 suppose to be added to that or to replace it?
Also do we roll for HP, take average or max them? And would there be bacground skills?

who149

The 3000 GP is your spending money while the 16,000 GP is what you have for character creation. Essentially, you have 16,000 GP worth of items on you, 3,000 GP in you pocket. I sort of want to control the amount of spending money to have and want it to be something of a challenge to raise funds, and I don't want players too go without certain items to have pocket money for whatever, so a very small amount of your character creation money is gonna be hard cash. I'm saying up to 500 GP, so you should buy items while you still can until your character creation money is 500gp or less.

Also, roll for HP

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

who149

I'm sorry, as it stands were actually a bit overfilled right now.

Ons and offs!

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: who149 on August 06, 2017, 11:44:31 AM
The 3000 GP is your spending money while the 16,000 GP is what you have for character creation. Essentially, you have 16,000 GP worth of items on you, 3,000 GP in you pocket. I sort of want to control the amount of spending money to have and want it to be something of a challenge to raise funds, and I don't want players too go without certain items to have pocket money for whatever, so a very small amount of your character creation money is gonna be hard cash. I'm saying up to 500 GP, so you should buy items while you still can until your character creation money is 500gp or less.

Also, roll for HP

As you wish. I shall roll and Pm the results.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Anyone got any insight on how to protect/customize a spell book?

corvusul86

A Bookplate of Recall is fun.

You glue it to the inside cover of the spellbook, write your name on it, and then all you have to do is say the name of the book and it will teleport to you from anywhere once per day.

Doesn't protect it from damage, but means it can't ever be stolen from you.

You can also use a Bookmark of Deception to make the spellbook look innocuous, and prevents it from being scryed (which isn't a problem, since you can teleport it to you if you lose it with the Bookplate).

PhantomPistoleer

Roll Result: PhantomPistoleer rolled: 5d10, adding 22 to the total
Comment: HP ROLL
Result: 5, 5, 6, 2, 5,
Total: 45

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Is anyone interested in staying at the WHITE HOTEL to get that extra 3000 gp? o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

If your staying at the White Inn, I highly recommend never bringing anyone there... And you should sleep outside. Its safer.

Ons and offs!

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: corvusul86 on August 06, 2017, 03:19:10 PM
A Bookplate of Recall is fun.

You glue it to the inside cover of the spellbook, write your name on it, and then all you have to do is say the name of the book and it will teleport to you from anywhere once per day.

Doesn't protect it from damage, but means it can't ever be stolen from you.

You can also use a Bookmark of Deception to make the spellbook look innocuous, and prevents it from being scryed (which isn't a problem, since you can teleport it to you if you lose it with the Bookplate).

Thanks for the input.

Guess I'll have to make a substitute for Craft Wonderous Item... going over it I have a bonus feats for scribe scroll, one for being human, one at 1st level. one at 3rd level and fifth level. and class based bonus feat at 5th level. I think I might be missing a feat.

Kathyan

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 06, 2017, 04:32:08 PM
Is anyone interested in staying at the WHITE HOTEL to get that extra 3000 gp? o_o
Quote from: who149 on August 06, 2017, 04:46:18 PM
If your staying at the White Inn, I highly recommend never bringing anyone there... And you should sleep outside. Its safer.
I consider that Fujuku would be staying at the same place than the samurai since they are supposed to have traveled together but I would rather have her stay with him outside on the green than on a lowly place :P

who149

Considering even Orange level is barely passable, it might smart to downgrade and simply camp out somewhere. Having a hotel room is not optional, so you have to have at least a White room

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: who149 on August 06, 2017, 06:26:51 PM
Considering even Orange level is barely passable, it might smart to downgrade and simply camp out somewhere. Having a hotel room is not optional, so you have to have at least a White room

That sounds acceptable!  Camping underneath the stars it is!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Well I cannot go higher than the default lodgings though I would have liked to. But having 400 gp in spare change for fun stuff is a good idea. Anyway All done and transferring my character over to the OOC. Am I good to go Who?

who149

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 06, 2017, 06:39:33 PM
Well I cannot go higher than the default lodgings though I would have liked to. But having 400 gp in spare change for fun stuff is a good idea. Anyway All done and transferring my character over to the OOC. Am I good to go Who?

You are good to go. Also, you csn upgrade while there. So make enough from odd jobs, gambling, theft, and you can get yourself a luxery room in no time.

Ons and offs!

Laughing Hyena

I think I can manage that as a mage. A few performance enhancement sales and love guru jobs should do the trick.

Kathyan

Quote from: who149 on August 06, 2017, 04:46:18 PM
Quote from: who149 on August 06, 2017, 06:26:51 PM

So we have a room as in we have to be registered to go into the island but we are not sleeping in it, is that right?

Sounds good to me, I can say that Fujuku would have liked to even upgrade since she was raised in an upper class before adventuring on her own but currently she is somehow attached to Bertholt and as he brought this up she would just do as he suggests, she has been adventuring for a while so it doesn't really bothers her.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kathyan on August 06, 2017, 07:29:09 PM
So we have a room as in we have to be registered to go into the island but we are not sleeping in it, is that right?

Sounds good to me, I can say that Fujuku would have liked to even upgrade since she was raised in an upper class before adventuring on her own but currently she is somehow attached to Bertholt and as he brought this up she would just do as he suggests, she has been adventuring for a while so it doesn't really bothers her.

IC:  "We devote too much time slaying murderous beasts underground to not take advantage of our days in open paradise," the samurai said in his usual way.  "Besides, our noble personages fit too tightly within our rooms.  And the smells...  Although I enjoy the scent of fresh corpses, especially those felled by my blade, I am at leisure and not in battle, and would prefer... less pungent accommodations."

OOC:  My samurai thinks that the rooms in the white hotel are small and smelly.  He will sleep in the great outdoors.  He has a round-about way of expressing himself which is overly militaristic.

On a related note, I finished my new samurai.  He's a bushi warlord and I really, really like him.  If you are interested, check him out:  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1294841
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

corvusul86

Sarette would rather stay in the nicer accommodations -- she came to relax, not camp in the woods; he does far too much of that sort of thing as an adventurer.  Besides, a few thousand gold isn't that much, right?  What is that, a few bunches of bananas?

towerhouse

I don't want to hold you guys up, so I'm gonna bow out.  Have fun, everyone!
-TH

On/Offs

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: towerhouse on August 07, 2017, 03:46:53 AM
I don't want to hold you guys up, so I'm gonna bow out.  Have fun, everyone!

Sorry to see you go, TH.  Who, do we need a replacement?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

I don't think so. We already had a bit over what I wanted to begin with. So 6 is fine.

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

I should hopefully have it done by tomorrow! Its my day off then.

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: who149 on August 07, 2017, 11:18:01 PM
I should hopefully have it done by tomorrow! Its my day off then.

If you need help with anything -- like mapmaking or formatting text -- please let me know.  :d
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Snake

Me too! I think I'll just camp out myself and not pay for any hotel room really. I'm never alone anyway ;p

Petrus02

i think i'll go orange, Melody is there to relax and see more of the world, meet people when shes at it.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

I meant to do it today but stuff came up. Sorry. I want the first post to be good.

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: who149 on August 09, 2017, 09:53:15 PM
I meant to do it today but stuff came up. Sorry. I want the first post to be good.

I understand.  Thank you.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

who149

Ons and offs!