D&D: Stud Riders

Started by RubySlippers, July 09, 2006, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I was thinking of a spoof of Spider Riders where the mounts are huge males with horsey saddles and the riders sexy women fighting orcs and the like. Be D&D 3.5 with the GUCK rules in a homebrew world. Just checking for interest.

IDEAS...

All mounts will have the Bloodline with the Major Bloodline for one of the giant races and be either human of large size or half-orc.

Starting Level 3 for everyone.

Yes women must have Riding (stud male).

Males must have the Feats ENDURANCE and RUN.

I see the society matriarchial and pretty much women in charge so will be Amazon simply put women to be taken seriously must fight well, learn a difficult craft like magic or be talented in some way. But all women of adult age outrank the most prestigious males the eunuch clerics of the patron diety or older men with some useful skills- once they turn 16 years old a maiden becomes a woman.

indarkestknight

Hmmm... how many outside sources do you have?

Kandice Kaine

Mmm... I think I could be interested in doing that one. *grins* But how about Half-Ogres? The PC race from the Savage species...?

Zakharra

Max

Have only seen a few minutes of spider riders, but am interested in this.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

robitusinz

Quote from: Zakharra on July 10, 2006, 01:27:40 AM
Riders like this one? 
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/a/n/andersson/slaverider.jpg.html

Wow, something about that pic is incredibly hot.  I'm pretty sure it's the chain through the nipple rings.

Sign me up for the werewolf role.
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.

RubySlippers

Ok I came up with a special Feat:

Stud Mount [general, fighter]
Prerequisites: Str 16+, Male Humanoid, Owned by Stud Rider
This Feat allows the weight of the Stud Rider female or a similar saddled burden to be treated as 1/4 for capacity weight. So a Stud Rider weighing 140 lbs. would effectively be 35 lbs. for encumberance. Also add +2 to Prowess (specific person) checks when used if a specific Stud Rider is listed by name.  ;)

Berzerker Stud [fighter]
Prerequisites: Stud Mount, Barbarian Level 1.
This feat allows the Stud to be a ruthless melee fighter when so enraged. First the Rage duration is doubled. Second they gain an extra 1d12 hit points. Third they get an additional +2 to Prowess with their owner. ;)

As for sources I'm sticking to core 3.5 and what I get on line but that does include psionics, bloodlines, variant classes and such to a fair degree.

As for the society I'm setting it up similar to Sparta with women in charge. So slave women often are used for breeding males and only lucky males get to breed with a free citizen woman- Stud Mounts are generally well regarded by their riders. But generally women are expected to have women lovers and most older women take a younger one upon age 16 as a lover to guide her in life- usually the age difference is 16 years or more. Men are either citizen males as in have some use in domestic management, overseeing farms and the like but very little rank. Women run everything. Among the respected trades as in will get people alot of respect are:

Fighters (Amazon warrior are always respected and the top of the food chain pretty much)
Wizards/Sorcerors (wizardry is a difficult craft and fairly rare and sorcery is an uncommon and wonderous talent- and so respected)
Clerics/Druids (faith carries alot of weight)
Bards (as the other magical professions plus hold religious posts and are usually wonderful companions)
Rogues/Rangers (sneaky wilderness scouts are generally well regarded)
Nobles (directly in the line of succession and well treated, if they are good leaders)

Men on the other hand are more limited:
Commoners (your rank and file male is a laborer only age may grant some respect like an old farmer wise at their work)
Experts (women can learn serious crafts like making weapons and healing but men can learn "women's crafts" like pottery and weaving again age is the key- can also be kept men basicly skilled househusbands)
Fighters (Stud Mounts and only they can fight and favor Spiked Gauntlets and unarmed combat- they can train in Monk as well and for them Spiked Gauntlet is a Monk Weapon- Also they can stack Medium armor.)
Barbarians (Studs not ridden can be chained and used as EXPENDABLE shock troops  basically they get worked into a frenzy and get sent in well before the main force- only their owners can control them and are known to be vigourous lovers.)

There are NO Paladins. Prestige classes are also non-existant.

For Riders mounted combat is big most warriors will know Mounted Archery, Use Composite Short Bows, Spears and Swords and Up to Medium Shields.

Dress for men is usually nude or a loincloth with sandals and maybe a warm cloak. Women also wear very little a small waistskirt, a simple tunic revealing one breast and a cloak with sandals are common. Hair ornamentation and jewelry are common for women often shared with a lover to match in spots like both wearing the same bracelet.

ZK

Humans only I take?

For the riders.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

Oh sorry-

Races allowed are for women- any but Riders must be aof some human stock and if a half-orc would need a STRONG mount. lol
But elves, gnomes and halflings are around if not part of the city-state so are attached to the military. Like an elven community might have a alliance requiring a certain number of women for military service. Maybe an all elven archery unit or scouts.

Men are human, half-orc (popular for mounts and heavy labor) and those with strong bloodlines attached to giantkin so are large humans). Other races are unlikely but good giants maybe are around- I could see a giant shared by a few riders like a saddle on each shoulder and launch platforms for archers.

ZK

What about a Surface Drow? ^.^ Odd as this may seem, but in another game, my Dark Elf did in fact do such. She rode a Wolven though [Think between a mixture of a Wolf Furry and a Werewolf, so a big, buff wolfy man. Hubba hubba. >.>] ^.^

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

Good surface Drow well I could see that.

ZK

How about just Chaotic Netural? Or Lawful Neutral. ^.^

I can use my Drowess pics I have for her. Wow, she'll be busty. *giggles*

But, eh, real problem is. I only have 3.0 rules, not 3.5.

RubySlippers

Ok EVIL is out. The society is LN but the population is generally somewhere around LN or Neutral with good being there. So if your considering alignments LN is likely 50%, Good Alignments and CN around the other 50% (LG is the rarest) and Evil people are few but might be a viper or two in the nest.

ZK

I tend to play my D&D characters on the path of Neutrality [All my time playing PlaneScape as Githzerai, Githyanki and a few others have rubbed off of on me]

RubySlippers

As for the other stuff...

Dieties

Patron Goddess of the City-State: Artemis CN (Domains- Animals, Chaos, Renewal, Plants, War, Women *new*)
Other Deities: Hecate LE (Domains: Death, Law, Knowledge, Magic, Spells, Women) "official cult is LN in the city-state" and Jan LN (demigod- Domains: Law, Family, Protection, Servitude *new*)

Domain: Women
Granted Power: A permanent +2 to Charisma Rolls involving social interactions with women and Prowess Checks to directly relevant acts with women.
Level 1-9 Spells with be up when the game thread is.

Domain: Servitude
Granted Power: One extra feat from the following- Endurance, Run, Skill Focus (in any craft or profession skill only).
Level 1-9 spells again posted later.

All clerics of Jan must be castrati just if a male wants that role but they do rank highest among any man most are treated on par with a expert craftwoman and wear womens clothing. They officially serve the church of Artemis. Can be Bards or Experts in addition to Clerics amd is common. The sect is small however.

ZK

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/zulokitty/3D%20Renders/Adult%20Orientated%203D%20Render/sinfulsin3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/zulokitty/3D%20Renders/Adult%20Orientated%203D%20Render/sinfulsin1.jpg

I can have her as my rider. Just, not wearing -that- sort of gear when riding, it'd be really painful to her mount.

Oh, can the mount ride her mount bareback for non-breeding purposes?

RubySlippers

Stud mounts are acceptable lovers and prized if strong and decent looking- citizen males are required for a spouse and having children to keep the blood pure. But slave women can have children with men of the citizenry and their daughters get citizenship if fit. DOUBLE STANDARD but women come first.  :P

ZK

I don't want my character to be a pure lesbian, perhaps bisexual at best. But I do think she'd at least like to reward her mount if he was successful in combat with her. ^.^

RubySlippers

Put it this way as the Greeks would have seen it if you were a man. You are more than allowed and expected to have women lovers but are also expected to make babies or maintain a family with men. Pure lesbians are around and are highly regarded as touched by Artemis and must take vows of chastity and celibacy regarding men only. They are the ONLY ONES allowed to marry another woman.

Castrai priests of Jan also can marry women and they are treated as a half-woman, are well regarded. In fact a woman who is a lesbian under vows can have more than one wife whose wives can have traditional husbands if one is a Castrati.

ZK

Eh, my character wasn't going to be a Cleric at all...but as it sounds, I think I might just pull out of the game.

I never really cared to be a Cleric and as well, being a Drow, they tend to stide their own way. So, if I am not "mandated" to do such things, I'll play.

RubySlippers

No please don't I just pointed out pure lesbians are likely clerics or at least attached to the Temple of Artemis your rank and file woman can be anything and are likely bi or guy friendly prefering women or more straight and keep a woman lover because its expected.

Anyway as an outsider your different since a drow community would be allied with not part of the city-state, in your case you would have to ride a horse or giant spider but can keep males and slave women. Unless your a half-frow and therefor a citizen then you can get a Stud Mount. In my game they are sort of like a knightly order serving the city.

ZK

Ah, okay then. I'm out of the game then.

indarkestknight

I was under the impression, BTW, that riders could only ride mounts that were at least one size larger than them...

RubySlippers

Not really I go by size if you have the Terminator and stick on that a female Jockey you get the idea. Most riders are small its a matter of the rider using ranged weapons and the mount do the heavy fighting. Anyway its a fantasy game and for fun don't get so technical.

Zakharra

I'm interestedd. What's needed to make something?