I don` wanna sound cliche.. but i found the next WoW

Started by Vincent, January 14, 2011, 01:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

And it  is called Rifts. being packaged as the new next gen mmo. It`s set for april as a release. if it`s as good as it looks.. i may truly not go back to WoW come that time.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Inkidu

And what pray tell would delineate this game from the Dablo-style skill trees and otherwise standardized practices of the MMORPG?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vincent

Pretty... graphics? haven`t had the time to  go back for a true second luook yet.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Wolfy

Played it.

Might as well be WoW: Alternate Dimensions. :/

Seriously..aside from the Class System, it's not that impressive.

Ryven

Aion had pretty graphics too, but that really didn't compete well.

Vincent

I liked they way the environment worked. The ever changing warzone...
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Inkidu

Of course, to me calling Rift bad is just saying it's the bottommost design on the bottommost section of the gaming totem pole. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wyrd

Quote from: Inkidu on January 16, 2011, 08:04:51 PM
Of course, to me calling Rift bad is just saying it's the bottommost design on the bottommost section of the gaming totem pole. :)

Haha!
Ragtime Dandies!