Escapism (M seeking F)

Started by Aaron Steel, September 06, 2012, 05:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Steel

The world is a cruel, harsh, unforgiving rock. Seven billion souls and not one of them cares if you live or die. People that you reach out to will only hurt you. People that reach out to you care only for their own gain. You should too, because no one else will. Love does not exist. You are born, you go about your own lonely path in this world, and you die. There is no reason nor reward to live in this world. You are far better off in a world of your own making, one that exists only to you, where everyone loves you, and everything goes your way. Leave the world of seven billion lost souls behind, because you only matter to yourself.

That is what he believed, locking himself up in an imaginary realm of his making because he did not feel welcome in the real world. No one could ever understand or accept him for who he was. He would live in his own world with everything he felt he needed, and die alone in reality.

But life never plays out how you would expect. And the last thing he ever expected in his life was for her to come along and show him just how wrong he was. She would take him, kicking and screaming, out of the world he had escaped to and show him that the real world was not as he assumed it to be. Love does exist. There are souls that would understand him. There are people that complete him. Perhaps there may be a reason to live in this world after all...

What I am looking for is not a specific setting, but rather the theme of a social outcast learning how to fit into the world. The gamer locked up in his room, lost in the virtual realm because the real world would not accept him. The musician drifting from town to town, losing his sorrows in his music. The young wizard in self-exile to his magic tower, studying the arcane arts but too afraid to use them to contribute to society. The troubled youth wandering the streets, getting into fights because it was all he ever learned. All it takes is for the right woman to come along and say "Hey, I care about you." And show him just how.

Modern, fantasy, sci-fi, historical, anything in between, bring up a setting or fandom you would like to do here or in a PM and we can talk about the details. I look forward to hearing from you.
<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=149350.0>Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.</a>

Aaron Steel

For inspiration, here's a song that fits the theme of the story:

Skid Row - Strength

Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength
Give me someone to live for

Who will light the fire that I need to survive?
Who will be the life blood coursing through my veins?
Like a river flowing that will never change
I need someone I can depend on

'Cause I'm a man of emotions who can't hide the tears
I'm a man of feeling who can't hide the pain
I'm alone on the outskirts of town where no one knows my name
I'm at the point in my life where I need affection

Won't you
Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

I need it now
I need it now

Someone write me a letter, I need to know that I'm still alive
Someone give me a telephone call, I need to hear a human sound
Someone open up a door and let me out of this place
I've been caged up for oh so long, I don't know if I'm living or dying

Someone better
Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

I walk alone across the outskirts of town
I can't control what I'm going through now
Will you light the fire that I need to survive?
Will you donate the life blood coursing through my veins?
Will you open up the door and let me out of this place?
I've been caged up for oh so long, I don't know if I'm living or dying

Won't you
Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

I need it now
I need it now
I need it now
<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=149350.0>Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.</a>

CyanideKandiKisses

Hey message me when you can...I can't seem to send you a message
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."

"I wanna be your slave, break out the whips and chains. And if I don't behave, I want you to make me pay..."

Come see me on instagram! Shut_me_up_blog

RH Profile
F-List

Trieste

This user is no longer welcome on Elliquiy, so will not be able to receive messages.