Our Colorful Neighborhood (LGBT+, straight friendly | accepting 2F 3M 8T*)

Started by Lyron, September 21, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyron

Okay, so ideas for the restaurant are Italian, classic American, or Tex-Mex. It will need to support a hostess, if Cupcakemon is still around, but I think that should be workable with any of those.

Is it bad that I'm drawn more to the American pub? XD I don't like it because it's just a bit cliched, but it still looks very nice.

And I'll have my character up tomorrow night. I got sidetracked tonight and didn't get to finish it, but now that the weekend will be here, there should be no problems.

Quote from: GaGa88 on October 23, 2014, 06:00:53 PM
Yeahhh...clowns are pretty freaky. I really need to start watching it now.

Could it be because some people might spell it "congradulations"? I do agree that it isn't very good, though. It sounds more like it's talking about a grade, not a misspelling.

Quote from: Chrystal on October 23, 2014, 06:10:38 PM
I think starting off with an event is a good idea, however, you have effectively squidged the two most likely ones already. Halloween is almost upon us as you said, and will be over and gone by the time we really get posting. Xmas is perhaps a bit far away, but given that one day of game time can easily last six months, it isn't really that far.

Of course, the other option is Thanksgiving, that Great American family blow-out... Which as a Brit married to a Yank I do get to enjoy a little bit!

But again, it is both potentially too far away, and too close!

Speaking from experience of running games on E, you have to make a choice and stick with it. Because no matter what event you sett;le on, you run the risk of either putting people off because it's too far away, or having it be over and done with in reality before you have a chance to play it out. Real time runs anything up to a thousand times faster than game time and you, as GM have to be prepared to interrupt people's game play top move things forward. (Without waiting until the game is dead to do so, I learned that lesson the hard way!)

Your other option, in fact is to go further into the future or deliberately into the past. Have the event be 4th July or 14th Feb... In fact if you went for the latter you could have some build up with people buying valentines cards...

Or, you could have a fictional event. An autumn fair, an Oktoberfest, a "Thank goodness they've gone back to school at last" party!

Or even something not so nice, like a fire in one of the appartment blocks that brings everyone together...

Just some suggestions. If you want to go with an autumn or winter idea, be aware that by the time it has played out, it will be getting on for spring in the real world anyway!

Right, that is true about IC time taking longer. I think I've gotten too used to games lasting for no longer than a month to really be able to consider the long term because of another site I've been on, but I did have one game last for a year, and 80% of it was spent on one night.

Sticking to a choice won't be a problem, and I don't mind making the final decisions. I just like to allow everyone to contribute to decisions like these. :-) I feel like it helps when ideas are coming from more than one person, especially in a sandbox roleplay such as this that doesn't have much of an overarching story. Anything I've said in regards to this topic has been more just to give my own input and to help start the conversation. If the majority wants a Halloween or Christmas event, or even have the roleplay take place in summer, that's totally fine. It's all fairly open. :-) I probably should have been clearer on that.

Or if everyone doesn't really have a preference, I'm ready to make the choice.

No idea what that is... I don't think it's crossed the pond yet.

Probably not. It started this month, I think. Or last.

Yay! I would like to flesh out her bio a bit, but I don't really know what to flesh it out with... I mean there's the obvious "Discovered she liked girls while at school" line, but does that even need to be there?

I've tried to imagine the sort of jobs she might have had, but honestly, I have no idea, other than the rather sad one I took out because it was depressing.

Hmm...what about family? A lot of a person's character often stems from the people they had to grow up around, so it could be something noteworthy maybe? As for The Discovery, not if you don't want it to. In a roleplay like this, it can seem pretty trivial unless something special happened.

If you're still trying to think of something that would lead one to becoming a building manager...hm...someone who has worked in real estate would probably be a good candidate, maybe? Or someone who's done managerial work elsewhere (that's a given, right?).

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Nowherewoman

*chuckle* You may not be aware, Chrystal, living over there, that UW Madison is, in fact, apparently quite the lesbian community. Have an old colleague who did graduate work there (neither gay NOR female), who clued me in on HOW rainbow that seemingly out of the way Middle American campus is.

Or, maybe you DO know, and that's why you picked it ;D
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Chrystal

Quote from: Haru329 on October 23, 2014, 09:54:47 PM
Okay, so ideas for the restaurant are Italian, classic American, or Tex-Mex. It will need to support a hostess, if Cupcakemon is still around, but I think that should be workable with any of those.

Classic American and Tex-Mex are, to this Brit, one and the same! (Yes I know they aren't, but over here, they are!) As long as it serves buffalo wings made with "Franks", Cajun prawns, and BBQ Ribs, that's fine! So go with a Classic American diner that serves pancakes for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and all the above plus thick juicy steaks for dinner.... Damn, now I'm hungry and it's not even 7:00am yet!

Place could even have a signature dish of the "Man Vs Food" variety? Gotta love that show!

QuoteIs it bad that I'm drawn more to the American pub? XD I don't like it because it's just a bit cliched, but it still looks very nice.

Actually, that was why I put up pictures of both... The American idea of a "Traditional Irish Pub" and an actual pub in Ireland are not quite the same thing! For one, the American pub has probably been around for about 200 years at most (if it's in Boston or NY) whereas the one in Erie has been around for anything up to a thousand years!

But there are a number of Irish Pubs in Chicago, all of which seem to feature heavily on the four leaf clovers and space-aliens, (as opposed to shamrocks which have only three leaves, and leprechauns which are not green!)

QuoteAnd I'll have my character up tomorrow night. I got sidetracked tonight and didn't get to finish it, but now that the weekend will be here, there should be no problems.

You're the GM, you can do your character whenever you want!

QuoteYeahhh...clowns are pretty freaky. I really need to start watching it now.

I've never understood that... Clowns are sad. Not freaky. Only inb the USA does the traditional concept of something that is supposed to make you laugh get turned into something frightening! Generally I think it is because of the traditional American "Children's Party" where a really terrible creepy old man in a clown suit is paid to keep kids entertained, whereas in the UK most kids first encounter with clowns is in the travelling circus, where they do traditional slapstick on each other?

QuoteCould it be because some people might spell it "congradulations"? I do agree that it isn't very good, though. It sounds more like it's talking about a grade, not a misspelling.

Oh that! Heh! You know that came about as a neologism for "Graduation Congratulations"? Con-gradu-lations! Originally it was funny. I wasn't aware that people were actually spelling the word that way in everyday use. (Damning commentary on US universities if you can graduate without being able to spell "Congratulations"?)

QuoteRight, that is true about IC time taking longer. I think I've gotten too used to games lasting for no longer than a month to really be able to consider the long term because of another site I've been on, but I did have one game last for a year, and 80% of it was spent on one night.

Well, a lot of games on E only last a few weeks, those that last longer tend to develop a loyal core of players and have an easy-in-easy-out system for people to come and go.

QuoteSticking to a choice won't be a problem, and I don't mind making the final decisions. I just like to allow everyone to contribute to decisions like these. :-) I feel like it helps when ideas are coming from more than one person, especially in a sandbox roleplay such as this that doesn't have much of an overarching story. Anything I've said in regards to this topic has been more just to give my own input and to help start the conversation. If the majority wants a Halloween or Christmas event, or even have the roleplay take place in summer, that's totally fine. It's all fairly open. :-) I probably should have been clearer on that.

Or if everyone doesn't really have a preference, I'm ready to make the choice.

Well, my preference would be for an autumnal theme too. Making the event "Halloween" is fine, as long as Maggie gets invited to at least one Halloween party. (She could go as an FBI agent? *giggles*) My point really was that whatever event you pick is going to be here and gone in real life long before the RP gets through it, so starting with Halloween is still a viable option, just be ready to do a two month time skip to xmas in a couple of months!

Hmm...what about family? A lot of a person's character often stems from the people they had to grow up around, so it could be something noteworthy maybe? As for The Discovery, not if you don't want it to. In a roleplay like this, it can seem pretty trivial unless something special happened.

If you're still trying to think of something that would lead one to becoming a building manager...hm...someone who has worked in real estate would probably be a good candidate, maybe? Or someone who's done managerial work elsewhere (that's a given, right?).

I have always had something of an issue with the family of my characters, especially when they are Americans, because I'm not that familiar with how things work over there with regard to retirement and pensions and stuff. It's okay if the character is in her 20s, or younger, because parents will be around and still doing what they do, but when the character is 40 or older, that means the parents are in their 60s, which used to be nearing retirement age in the UK before they raised it to 75....

Plus, I'm having enough trouble trying to work out one character, without having to add two more to the mix and figure out what they do/did!

Yes, I know it was just a suggestion, the problem is, it was a good suggestion, and it's making me think, and I don't want to think! It's too early!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Quote from: Nowherewoman on October 23, 2014, 10:03:14 PM
*chuckle* You may not be aware, Chrystal, living over there, that UW Madison is, in fact, apparently quite the lesbian community. Have an old colleague who did graduate work there (neither gay NOR female), who clued me in on HOW rainbow that seemingly out of the way Middle American campus is.

Or, maybe you DO know, and that's why you picked it ;D

Darn, I meant to reply to this too!

Actually, I picked it because I know where it is and it's a reasonable drive from Chicago, with a decent bus service by all accounts... But the fact that I know where it is, is because a good friend of mine graduated from there a couple of years ago.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

AGH! Tripple post, sorry, but important:

No more edits on Ms H. She is finished!

YAY.

Lyron

So I'm going to aim to get threads up tomorrow. We have 5 players--more if Cupcakemon is still around and if Nic or anyone else join. We should actually have enough people to be able to make individual threads for each business, so we might do that. I do think it might be worthwhile to do a thread that encompasses the rest of Chicago, so I might hold off on creating at least one of the apartment threads, since Parker Commons is the only one being used right now.

Quote from: Chrystal on October 24, 2014, 01:29:35 AM
Classic American and Tex-Mex are, to this Brit, one and the same! (Yes I know they aren't, but over here, they are!) As long as it serves buffalo wings made with "Franks", Cajun prawns, and BBQ Ribs, that's fine! So go with a Classic American diner that serves pancakes for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and all the above plus thick juicy steaks for dinner.... Damn, now I'm hungry and it's not even 7:00am yet!

Place could even have a signature dish of the "Man Vs Food" variety? Gotta love that show!

Ha, Man Vs Food? I'd actually bet that there are at least a few restaurants here that do that sort of thing. There's apparently this place called the Heart Attack Grill in...Texas? with the burger with the highest calories ever. (Probably not quite the same thing as what's on the show, but it felt worth mentioning anyway.)

Actually, that was why I put up pictures of both... The American idea of a "Traditional Irish Pub" and an actual pub in Ireland are not quite the same thing! For one, the American pub has probably been around for about 200 years at most (if it's in Boston or NY) whereas the one in Erie has been around for anything up to a thousand years!

But there are a number of Irish Pubs in Chicago, all of which seem to feature heavily on the four leaf clovers and space-aliens, (as opposed to shamrocks which have only three leaves, and leprechauns which are not green!)

Green leprechauns? I tried a quick Google search and wasn't able to find one. XD Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

I've never understood that... Clowns are sad. Not freaky. Only inb the USA does the traditional concept of something that is supposed to make you laugh get turned into something frightening! Generally I think it is because of the traditional American "Children's Party" where a really terrible creepy old man in a clown suit is paid to keep kids entertained, whereas in the UK most kids first encounter with clowns is in the travelling circus, where they do traditional slapstick on each other?

It might be. It might also be because they're almost always depicted as always smiling, and that might be a bizarre thing for most people. Or at least that's how Stephen King rationalized it in some quote. XD

Oh that! Heh! You know that came about as a neologism for "Graduation Congratulations"? Con-gradu-lations! Originally it was funny. I wasn't aware that people were actually spelling the word that way in everyday use. (Damning commentary on US universities if you can graduate without being able to spell "Congratulations"?)

Ehh, misspelling "congratulations" is pretty insignificant compared to still not knowing there/their/they're and you're/your.

Well, my preference would be for an autumnal theme too. Making the event "Halloween" is fine, as long as Maggie gets invited to at least one Halloween party. (She could go as an FBI agent? *giggles*) My point really was that whatever event you pick is going to be here and gone in real life long before the RP gets through it, so starting with Halloween is still a viable option, just be ready to do a two month time skip to xmas in a couple of months!

We might go with a Halloween block party.

I have always had something of an issue with the family of my characters, especially when they are Americans, because I'm not that familiar with how things work over there with regard to retirement and pensions and stuff. It's okay if the character is in her 20s, or younger, because parents will be around and still doing what they do, but when the character is 40 or older, that means the parents are in their 60s, which used to be nearing retirement age in the UK before they raised it to 75....

Plus, I'm having enough trouble trying to work out one character, without having to add two more to the mix and figure out what they do/did!

Yes, I know it was just a suggestion, the problem is, it was a good suggestion, and it's making me think, and I don't want to think! It's too early!

Yeah, that's a good point. XD

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

GaGa88

A Halloween block party sounds really fun :)

I have work tomorrow, but I could probably get something up for Isis tomorrow night if we're able to start tomorrow. :) I'm excited for this and, if Halloween block party...I get to find a costume for Isis.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Lyron

Okay, got a character done:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Trent Austin Wilde

Nicknames: Just Trent
Sex: Male
Birthday: April 4
Height: 5'8"
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Occupation: Waiter at the restaurant and majors in computer science mathematics counseling mathematics computer science
Residence: Parker Commons 202

Personality: Trent is a friendly, nonjudgmental guy who's prone to bouts of babbling. He's quick to give a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on, even to strangers, but he's not so good at dealing with his own problems and will try to ignore them until he's forced to act. He's a people pleaser who likes to see everyone happy. Even though it often backfires, he'll try to lie to avoid telling a potentially hurtful truth, and in general, he'll do anything to avoid upsetting someone, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness, because everyone else will always come first. When it doesn't interfere with someone else's, though, Trent does place high importance on his own happiness, sometimes to the point of ignoring and forcing himself to get over negative emotions when there isn't an easy fix, even if he knows it's not exactly healthy to do so. This also means that he will usually force himself to try to forgive someone, no matter how sour he may feel because of their wrongdoing. The wrongdoing has to be pretty significant, though; he's normally a forgiving person.

His memory isn't the best. Unless given a reminder, he might forget a get-together or special occasion, especially one planned more than a few days in advance. He also struggles with temptation; if a bag of candy is left out, he'll gorge on it, and while he's improved since moving out, most of his money gets squandered on video games and memorabilia. The only temptation he's fairly resistant to is sex; he's as horny as any average guy his age, but one-night stands don't appeal to him too much, in part because he's not uncomfortable dressing around people who he's not in a romantic relationship with. Guys who come on too strong intimidate him.

Bio:

• Trent was born as the younger boy of two to a modest couple in northern Kentucky. His dad landscaped and his mom waitressed. They were devout Methodists who attended church every week, and Trent and his brother had to attend until they were old enough to stay home alone. His brother stopped going as soon as he could, and when Trent became old enough, too, he also tried to stay home, but after seeing the disappointment in his parents' faces, he decided to keep going to make them happy. He didn't stop until he left home for college, only going when he was visiting for the holidays. Religion never became a huge part of his life, but it became enough of an influence to want to do the occasional volunteer work when he became older.
  • His earliest memory of video games was playing Super Smash Bros. on his brother's N64 when he was four. He fell in love with them ever since, always wanting the next newest console and another video game. Most of them he had to save up for, but there was one time when he stole twenty dollars from his mom's purse because he didn't want to wait until he earned the money. Games were also what got him interested in programming, which he started dabbling in when he was thirteen. He had made a couple of simple games between then and high school graduation, and had tried to start more complex ones a couple of times times with friends. They never got far with them.
  • In junior year of high school, Trent started coming out to people. His parents grew to accept it, but it wasn't until Trent came home with a boyfriend one evening in senior year that they truly became comfortable with it. His brother, on other hand, never wanted to hear anything about it again.
  • He dated a girl in sophomore year, not as a cover-up, but because she liked him and he wanted to try to make her happy. The relationship only lasted about a month. She broke up with him when she realized he wasn't really into her. He's had only two other relationships. The one in senior year only lasted a few months. His most recent one was in freshman year of college. It lasted a year.
  • Trent enrolled in Northeastern Illinois University and had switched majors a few times over the years. He's still torn between doing some kind of computer programming and being a math teacher--or even an information technology teacher.
  • He found out about Indigo Way in freshman year, but he didn't decide to move there until after sophomore year. He's been in Parker Commons ever since with the occasional struggle with rent, thanks to his impulsive spending.

• Video games, especially BioWare games
  • Comedies
  • Volunteer work
  • Picnics and campfires--more for the social aspect
  • Camping and hiking
  • Swimming
Dislikes:

• Selfishness/inconsideration for others
  • Sad endings
  • Horror movies...and abandoned buildings
  • Being alone for long periods
  • Rap and metal

Ons: Blowjobs (giving & receiving), anal (giving & receiving), making out, rimming/being rimmed, being spanked (not in excess), being blindfolded, in general pleasing his partner
Offs: More than a little pain, heavy BDSM, water sports, scat, guys with long hair

Additional Details: Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don't want to add anything.

Played By: Haru329

I'll probably create a second one who's more antagonist. Have him be like 25 or so. Maybe a cop.

Quote from: GaGa88 on October 24, 2014, 09:06:47 PM
A Halloween block party sounds really fun :)

I have work tomorrow, but I could probably get something up for Isis tomorrow night if we're able to start tomorrow. :) I'm excited for this and, if Halloween block party...I get to find a costume for Isis.
What's she gonna be? o:

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

GaGa88

Chrystal

Maggie is going as...

Well, see for yourselves!

Spoiler Alert!

GaGa88

I like it, Chrystal. :)

I'm not quite sure if that's exactly what Isis will be, they have pictures of Taylor Cole as Wonder Woman so maybe that or maybe Black Widow or maybe even something else. Lol.l

MissFire

Frankie's going to go as the Wendy's Girl, zombified.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Chrystal

Funny thing is, that I think that is actually Kirsten in a Halloween costume! *chuckles*

GaGa88

Quote from: Chrystal on October 25, 2014, 06:38:04 AM
Funny thing is, that I think that is actually Kirsten in a Halloween costume! *chuckles*

Looks like it!

Hm, I found an Elsa from Frozen costume that I really like...maybe she'll go with that. MissFire, that'll be really cool.

Chrystal

Quote from: Haru329 on October 24, 2014, 08:55:47 PM
So I'm going to aim to get threads up tomorrow. We have 5 players--more if Cupcakemon is still around and if Nic or anyone else join. We should actually have enough people to be able to make individual threads for each business, so we might do that. I do think it might be worthwhile to do a thread that encompasses the rest of Chicago, so I might hold off on creating at least one of the apartment threads, since Parker Commons is the only one being used right now.

A piece of advise? Don't open unnecessary threads. It actually depresses me to see people open threads that then sink unused to the bottom of the pile.

Also, in a group like this with just a handful of players, PLEASE take my advice and have ONE IC thread only? You can always add more threads if you need to.

But let me put it like this... What is the purpose of a group game? To interact with other player characters, right? If you have a single thread for every business, every location, and each player puts their character in their own thread, what happens is you end up with one character per thread and no-one interacting with anyone else. Put everyone in the same thread, then it forces people to interact.

I learned that lesson a long time ago, and I try desperately to pass it on, and I hate it when people ignore my advice and create the maximum number of threads allowed, and everyone gets spread evenly and thinly across them and the game folds. Or alternatively, everyone is gathered in the one thread anyway and the others simply don't get used, which kind-of proves the point!

You only need multiple IC threads if you have more than ten or so players, and things are likely to get confusing with who is where. And even then I try to make the threads general areas rather than individual rooms or buildings, because if you have one thread for every location, even with 40 player characters, what you invariably end up with is a bunch of unrelated one-on-one sex scenes that just happen to be set in the same place...!

QuoteHa, Man Vs Food? I'd actually bet that there are at least a few restaurants here that do that sort of thing. There's apparently this place called the Heart Attack Grill in...Texas? with the burger with the highest calories ever. (Probably not quite the same thing as what's on the show, but it felt worth mentioning anyway.)

There's a tex-mex chain in the UK called Mission Burrito who's mission statement is to bring burritos to the UK! They are really good! My wife (who is American) loves them. And they have a Man Vs Burrito challenge. Not taken it myself, but I could probably manage it! Being a woman and all...! *smirk*
Green leprechauns? I tried a quick Google search and wasn't able to find one. XD Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Yeah, okay I was exaggerating a bit....

Or was I? LOL. Actually, almost every leprechaun pic I found has the creature dressed in Kerry green... I'm quite sure that the original idea of the mischievous little sprites would not have had them dressed quite so garishly. Dull earth tones, browns, dark greens, greys, ochres.

QuoteEhh, misspelling "congratulations" is pretty insignificant compared to still not knowing there/their/they're and you're/your.

The thing about good grammar: It's its own reward...! Misusing an apostrophe earns you the feline backside prize!

GaGa88

The last two hours of my work day always feel like they drag on and on. Ugh, ready to have my happy ass on my couch with no shoes on. Lol.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Chrystal on October 25, 2014, 07:25:54 AM

The thing about good grammar: It's its own reward...! Misusing an apostrophe earns you the feline backside prize!

They're, they're. Folks like that, well, their there own worst enemies, aren't them?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Lyron

Character thread is now up! Hopefully everyone's characters were finished--if not, let me know and I'll be sure they get updated. :-)

The IC thread will be up...soonish. I think I'm first gonna stop being lazy and get the restaurant, club, and bar all finalized.

The block party thing will be...somewhere. Maybe outside of Parker Commons?

Quote from: MissFire on October 25, 2014, 06:28:23 AM
Frankie's going to go as the Wendy's Girl, zombified.
Ha, that's awesome. :D

Quote from: Chrystal on October 25, 2014, 07:25:54 AM
A piece of advise? Don't open unnecessary threads. It actually depresses me to see people open threads that then sink unused to the bottom of the pile.

Also, in a group like this with just a handful of players, PLEASE take my advice and have ONE IC thread only? You can always add more threads if you need to.

But let me put it like this... What is the purpose of a group game? To interact with other player characters, right? If you have a single thread for every business, every location, and each player puts their character in their own thread, what happens is you end up with one character per thread and no-one interacting with anyone else. Put everyone in the same thread, then it forces people to interact.

I learned that lesson a long time ago, and I try desperately to pass it on, and I hate it when people ignore my advice and create the maximum number of threads allowed, and everyone gets spread evenly and thinly across them and the game folds. Or alternatively, everyone is gathered in the one thread anyway and the others simply don't get used, which kind-of proves the point!

You only need multiple IC threads if you have more than ten or so players, and things are likely to get confusing with who is where. And even then I try to make the threads general areas rather than individual rooms or buildings, because if you have one thread for every location, even with 40 player characters, what you invariably end up with is a bunch of unrelated one-on-one sex scenes that just happen to be set in the same place...!
Good point. I prefer one IC thread anyway. I was going with multiple because that seems to be the cultural norm here, but then again, I haven't been in too many group games yet (not for a lack of wanting). You're right. One thread is the smarter choice.

It's not proper to let the recruitment thread function as the OOC, right?

There's a tex-mex chain in the UK called Mission Burrito who's mission statement is to bring burritos to the UK! They are really good! My wife (who is American) loves them. And they have a Man Vs Burrito challenge. Not taken it myself, but I could probably manage it! Being a woman and all...! *smirk*
Does the staff dress up as super spies? In sombreros? Because that would only be fitting for a chain with a name like that. :P

Yeah, okay I was exaggerating a bit....

Or was I? LOL. Actually, almost every leprechaun pic I found has the creature dressed in Kerry green... I'm quite sure that the original idea of the mischievous little sprites would not have had them dressed quite so garishly. Dull earth tones, browns, dark greens, greys, ochres.
Haha, very true, 'cept that wouldn't make them as kawaii desu-ized, like gnomes. :D

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Chrystal

They're there with their kids! If you come here, you will hear better. Why're you cutting that wire? Pour the poor man a drink! The plane 'plane crashed on the plain! The rain in Spain stays mainly in the airport! We're where we were.

*chuckles*

I try not to be a Grammar Nazi, but I have heard it said that the rules of grammar don't matter, that language is evolving and people should thus be allowed to spell things how they like. mo rubunse tthas uzaly smit lik tis... To which they say "huh?" and I say, "well you said we should all be allowed to spell things how we like...!"

Quote from: Haru329 on October 25, 2014, 01:25:07 PM
Character thread is now up! Hopefully everyone's characters were finished--if not, let me know and I'll be sure they get updated. :-)

The IC thread will be up...soonish. I think I'm first gonna stop being lazy and get the restaurant, club, and bar all finalized.

The block party thing will be...somewhere. Maybe outside of Parker Commons?

Yay. Outside Parker Commons sounds good, do you want to provide a pic? Or would you like me to?

QuoteGood point. I prefer one IC thread anyway. I was going with multiple because that seems to be the cultural norm here, but then again, I haven't been in too many group games yet (not for a lack of wanting). You're right. One thread is the smarter choice.

It's not proper to let the recruitment thread function as the OOC, right?

You can do, but the only real reason for doing so is to limit the game to a single thread in which case you can post it to "solos" - the number of threads determines which forum the game goes in, not the number of players! As you've created a character thread, you may as well create an OOC thread.

Actually there is a good reason for doing so: a recruitment thread that is 20 pages long can look off-putting to new players, so taking the OOC chat and putting it in it's own thread makes life simpler and keeps new players from having to read through tons of stuff, buch of which may not be relevant.

QuoteDoes the staff dress up as super spies? In sombreros? Because that would only be fitting for a chain with a name like that. :P

Lol, no, but I might suggest it to them! Probably wouldn't go down to well.

QuoteHaha, very true, 'cept that wouldn't make them as kawaii desu-ized, like gnomes. :D

I have no idea what that means! I'm European. we don't have the same fascination with being Japanized as the USA.

Chrystal

Oh, question...

Parker Commons apartment numbers...

Are we looking at a two or three story building with 10 or more places on each floor, or a 20 story place with eight places on each floor?

Or something like this:

With the first number indicating the block number?

Just curious to know what people think as m/c is going to be managing it.

Also might be worth pointing out that Maggie has a pass-key that means she can get in to every apartment in the place...!

Lyron

Really? Putting group games in solos doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. You'd think a game would get more notice by others if the thread(s) are in the group boards, but then again, I guess for some roleplays, they might not necessarily be looking for new players to be able to join mid-game.

And I was going to say a single low rise building with 10 apartments per floor, but...man, that picture seems a little too good to pass up for a gayborhood. I might just have to get rid of the middle class apartment and leave it to Parker Commons and The Kensington. XD So...yeah, we'll go with that. The pic shows a few more buildings, but we'll limit it to four for now to keep the characters fairly contained. There would be one- and two- bedroom apartments. The apartments are on the second, third and fourth floors of each building. How many apartments do those buildings seem to be holding, do you think? Four per floor?

How does all that sound?

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Letrixia

2 questions

1- Are you still looking?

2- Would you accept an 'Adult' Store?

Lyron

Quote from: Letrixia on October 25, 2014, 02:36:54 PM
2 questions

1- Are you still looking?

2- Would you accept an 'Adult' Store?
Yes! We are definitely still open for new characters.

And an adult store sounds just right. :D

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Letrixia

Cool cool so how about a cute Asian girl for the owner of this new store?

Lyron

That sounds good to me if it's good for you. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.