Our Colorful Neighborhood (LGBT+, straight friendly | accepting 2F 3M 8T*)

Started by Lyron, September 21, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaGa88

Isis Aria Hastings

Nicknames: Ari
Sex: Female
Birthday: October 31
Height: 5'8
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, strong tendency towards women
Residence: 109 Parker Commons

Appearance Details: Aria's measurements are 34c-24-34. Her clothing style is very eclectic. Sometimes, she's in lace and sometimes, she's in leather. Sometimes jeans and a tank top, sometimes she likes to get all dolled up and dressed to the nines. Aria has her tongue and belly button pierced. She has three tattoos. A black ankh on her inner right wrist, a dream catcher down her back, and a red semicolon on her inner left wrist.

Personality: Aria is intelligent and is quite the smart ass around people that she's comfortable with. She's got some self-image issues, but is working on those. She is friendly and usually a happy go lucky kind of person.  She is a bit of a perfectionist while baking or decorating. She can be moody and withdrawn when she's upset in any way. A slight temper, but she has a long fuse when it comes to that. Kind of like a snake, she'll only take so much until she strikes.

Bio: Aria was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia to the CEO of an entertainment conglomerate and a trophy wife, the metaphorical silver spoon in her mouth, she had the best of everything. The best schools, piano lessons, violin lessons, voice lessons, most of which were just to keep her busy while her parents traveled the globe.  Her family wasn't uber rich, but they were more than comfortable.
     When she was 17, Aria's mother walked in on her and a friend, sans clothing, going at it on her bed. It wasn't taken to so kindly and she was pretty much disowned, cut off and kicked out to live on the streets. She was just lucky that she had an aunt who took her in and taught her everything that she knew about baking. As strange as it seemed, Aria was happier doing that than anything she'd ever done. She left her aunt's after her 21st birthday and headed to Indigo Way, she'd heard a little about the place and thought that she'd fit in pretty well.
      Once she'd settled in, Aria went about getting a loan to open up a bakery of her own. Naming the place Sinfully Sweet seemed perfect to the young woman.

Likes: Honesty, romance, any kind of music, singing, painting, tattoos, piercings, espresso, whiskey, scotch, cognac, wine, dancing.
Dislikes: Arrogance, liars, vodka, snobs, judgmental people, people who act dumb to attract attention to themselves.

Ons: Slight bdsm (silk ties, spanking, handcufs, slight pain, nothing too hardcore. Preference not requirement), being teased, seduction, sex in general (romantic and sensual, marathon sex, quickies, hard and rough).
Offs: Anything bathroom related, extreme pain, not many besides those.

Additional Details: Aria is quite talented on the piano and violin, she will only play while alone or in the company of someone she is completely comfortable with. She's a loving, happy, and slightly loud drunk. Aria's lived in Indigo Way for almost a year, but hasn't been seriously involved with anyone. She had a dark period in her life, right after her parents disowned her. Depression, attempted suicide, but she's over that now. Maybe if someone's lucky, they'll find out the meaning of the tattoo on her inner left wrist.

Played By: GaGa88

Tattoos:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
red not black

Car:

I hope she's acceptable, if any changes or edits are needed, just let me know. :)
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Chrystal

I'm still trying to decide on what character to make.

Every time I start to fill in the character sheet, I get stuck, and go off to do something else.

I came up with an idea last night as I was waiting to go to sleep, but it has evaporated with the morning dew! (Is that too poetic for this time in the morning? Sorry).

I'd actually appreciate some suggestions?

I mean, there's the three businesses that Haru wants filling, Bar, club and restaurant. I'm contemplating doing the cook? I dunno Muse is not cooperating at the moment.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Nowherewoman

Well, since you had wanted to go a more white-collar professional route, hun- business manager for the club?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Chrystal

Hmmm....

That's not a bad idea. I will see what I can come up with...

[edit]

Ugh! Nope. Cant get my head around this one.

I dunno why. If I can't come up with something soon, you may have to start without me.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Lyron

Okay, I updated the restaurant, bar, and club to include the people working there currently:

• Artemis - hostess at the restaurant
  • Emmett - bartender at the bar
  • Eiryn - occasional bartender at the club

I believe that covers it for now--if something is wrong with that list, just let me know.

Now that we've got some more people, to return to a previous discussion that was started between Nowherewoman, MissFire, and me, does anyone have a particular preference on what month we start in, and what event we might start with? I believe events mentioned so far have been:

• Block party
  • Beautify Our Block
  • Community Action Committee meeting
  • Something Halloween (or Christmas?)

Halloween might not be the best choice now that it'll be here and gone in about a week, and it's probably a little too soon for Christmas, so it might be better to go with something that's non-holiday. Does anyone have any preference? Other alternatives are also welcome.

GaGa88 & MissFire
GaGa, Isis looks great. :-)

Since both of you are creating businesses, I'll need these details from you:

• Picture (optional)
  • A blurb on the business, like what it sells and what it looks like if you don't use a picture, and any other details you want to mention. You can be as succinct or as detailed as you like, though try not to make it longer than two or three paragraphs.
  • Hours--we'll probably play weekends at least 70% of the time, so you might want to keep this in mind when deciding this
  • Are other characters allowed to be employees? If so, are there any particular positions you want filled? Or do you want to list NPCs for certain positions?

Chrystal
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't really have anything specific to suggest at the moment, but kind of like what Nowherewoman said, a manager for the restaurant, club, or bar are possibilities if you want a more white-collar job and something that better fits with what's in place. Or maybe she could be the owner/property manager of one of the apartments?

A lawyer or real estate agent are still also fine, and the job doesn't necessarily have to be something that requires an established setting in the RP, like a dentist or someone who works at some office. Is it nice if characters have jobs that can somehow be integral to the RP? Sure, it might give you more to work with, but being on the job is pretty much going to be optional anyway, so a character won't be lost if they do something else for a living. :-) Sorry for kind of suggesting otherwise yesterday--I was on my phone and toward the end of my lunch break, so I was trying to hurry and wasn't able to actually think about my response to you.

And don't worry about having a character ready right now. I probably won't start creating threads until Friday or Saturday, so you have a couple of days to think things through. :-)

Cupcakemon
Hey, I didn't notice this when I looked over your characters' sheets initially, but can you choose apartments that are listed in the first post under Setting, or let them have a place over one of the businesses that have been established? :-) Sorry, but I want to keep the number of places fairly contained.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

GaGa88

I've actually been working on trying to find a storefront picture that spoke to me for Isis' bakery, lol, and I believe that I found it. Even made a logo/banner/sign/whatever you'd like to call it. I can pm all that to you tonight before bed.

A block party could be a fun way to kick things off.

MissFire

Rough look of the store exterior; an old-fashioned two-story brick building. Bottom floor is the shop, top floor is Frankie's home. Small windows on the store front, blocked up with posters to keep the light out. Door also pasted over with posters and fliers. No sign displaying store hours. The awning has 'Permanent Records' painted on it in white. The top floor has big arched windows that aren't blocked but usually covered by curtains. Music can be heard coming from somewhere inside, generally at all hours of the day, even after business is closed. Business hours are from whenever Frankie wakes up until roughly 10PM, every day of the week. Frankie is the only employee.

The interior is decorated with posters more or less all over. There isn't much bare wall space. The shop has several rows of records, CD's, and cassettes for sale. Hung up on the walls and on wall shelves are other items for sale; guitars, speakers, accessories, headphones, etc. Frankie sells an eclectic mix of newer and older music. She seems to buy things according to her own tastes rather than what might be popular at the time. In each corner of the shop is a speaker blasting out music.The counter space seems to be like a second home for her; it has her computer set up on it next to the register and she can often be found surfing the web or just hanging out listening to music.

(Short) Shop Playlist
1. We Are Angels (Anarchy)
2. 20 Percent Cooler
3. Nightclub Superheroes
4. Kung Fu Yu
5. Awake
6. Weathervanes and Chemicals
7. Same 'Ol
8. Back Against The Wall
9. Lemon Meringue
10. Heaven Knows
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Lyron

I wanted to get a new character up before the night ended, but Criminal Minds is coming on soon, so I'll finish it up tomorrow.

MissFire - Looks good! I'll put the information up in about an hour.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

GaGa88

Ooh, Criminal Minds and I'm really loving Stalker but it could end up causing me to be even more paranoid, lol.

GaGa88

Quote from: MissFire on October 22, 2014, 07:15:58 PM

Rough look of the store exterior; an old-fashioned two-story brick building. Bottom floor is the shop, top floor is Frankie's home. Small windows on the store front, blocked up with posters to keep the light out. Door also pasted over with posters and fliers. No sign displaying store hours. The awning has 'Permanent Records' painted on it in white. The top floor has big arched windows that aren't blocked but usually covered by curtains. Music can be heard coming from somewhere inside, generally at all hours of the day, even after business is closed. Business hours are from whenever Frankie wakes up until roughly 10PM, every day of the week. Frankie is the only employee.

The interior is decorated with posters more or less all over. There isn't much bare wall space. The shop has several rows of records, CD's, and cassettes for sale. Hung up on the walls and on wall shelves are other items for sale; guitars, speakers, accessories, headphones, etc. Frankie sells an eclectic mix of newer and older music. She seems to buy things according to her own tastes rather than what might be popular at the time. In each corner of the shop is a speaker blasting out music.The counter space seems to be like a second home for her; it has her computer set up on it next to the register and she can often be found surfing the web or just hanging out.

I have a feeling that Isis, or Aria whichever name people would like to call her, either is fine by her, will fall in love with the place. She has a thing for good music, especially Zeppelin and The Doors. :)

Chrystal

Quote from: GaGa88 on October 22, 2014, 10:43:38 PM
I have a feeling that Isis, or Aria whichever name people would like to call her, either is fine by her, will fall in love with the place. She has a thing for good music, especially Zeppelin and The Doors. :)

OOOH! I think whatever character I can come up with (if I eventually do) will be spending time there too, and possibly discussing ZZ Top and The Stones with Isis...!

Okay, let me have a look at that damn character sheet again. ... No wait, more coffee first, then I'll have a look!

Chrystal

Margaret Francis Holloway

Nicknames: Maggie, Madge, Miss H.
Sex: Female
Birthday: 19th June
Height: 62" (157 cm)
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Residence: Parker Commons, Apartment zero

Appearance Details: Pierced nipples, massive cobra tattoo on her back., Hair colour is likely to change without notice...

Personality: Maggie is a no-nonsense person. She doesn't take shit from anyone, especially not her tenants. If you give her grief, she gives it right back! But if you get on her good side she can be the sweetest, kindest person going. She has been known to give people who are struggling a month's rent-holiday if they need it, she is always quick to get things fixed when they break, but woe betide the tenant who deliberately breaks stuff, or simply doesn't pay the rent - especially if they are spending money elsewhere!

She is reasonably tolerant of parties, so long as she gets invited! She turns a blind eye to cannabis being used on the premises, but if she learns that anyone is dealing anything stronger she will put her foot down. She doesn't indulge in weed herself, in fact she doesn't smoke. Her only real vice is a bottle of 12 year old single malt scotch whisky that she replaces whenever it gets emptied. She has a black-belt in Judo.

Bio: Maggie grew up in the neighbourhood, went to school in the neighbourhood, in fact the only time she left the neighbourhood was to go to university in Madison WI. She returned with a degree, and worked for ten years in various dead-end jobs, some retail, some in real estate, one in a care home that was shut down due to lack of funding, until she found that the apartment complex she had grown up in was in need of a building manager. She applied for and got the job, and immediately set about cleaning up the place, kicking out the squatters and pushers, fixing up the apartments, actually spending the money she was allocated by the owners, rather than just lining her own pockets with it as the previous incumbent had done.

Her father passed away two years ago from lung cancer, one reason Maggie doesn't smoke. Her mother still lives in Parker Commons, in apartment 207. She has a kid brother who joined the navy and spends most of his time in Norfolk VI, is married with two kids and is looking to be promoted from Commander to Captain in the near future.

She's had a number of short-term relationships over the years but is still looking for that one special someone she can settle down with.

Likes: 1970s heavy rock, single malt Scotch whisky, motorbikes, Science Fiction, boobs, Food - especially spicy food, being underestimated.
Dislikes: Pushy men who think she just needs a cock to put her straight, people who piss in elevators, drug dealers, bullies, dishonest tradespeople.

Ons & Offs: As player O/Os

Additional Details: Owns a vintage 1950s Harley Davidson that was her dad's

Played By: Chrystal

Nowherewoman

HAH!  Wicked, Chrys,  Love the ink, too.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Chrystal

I'm still trying to see if there is anything I want to add or remove. I have absolutely no idea what sort of career history would qualify someone to be a building manager. I originally had her be a much sadder person, but that was because I was feeling cheerful, then a bad mood hit me and I damn near deleted her! Instead I took out all the sad bits and change the pic from Rosie to Kirsten. Made me feel better.

Interesting fact: of the four actresses I was thinking of using, the only one who isn't gay is Melissa!

GaGa88

I love everyone's characters! As will Isis  :D

Chrystal

Gaga, I seriously love your avatar. I only have two small complaints: 1) it rolls over to quickly. 2) you haven't included my number 1 pet hate.

"Then" indicates sequence; "Than" indicates preference.

"I would rather have pie then ice cream than ice cream then pie".

GaGa88

Quote from: Chrystal on October 23, 2014, 10:44:21 AM
Gaga, I seriously love your avatar. I only have two small complaints: 1) it rolls over to quickly. 2) you haven't included my number 1 pet hate.

"Then" indicates sequence; "Than" indicates preference.

"I would rather have pie then ice cream than ice cream then pie".

Thank ya!

It does roll over way too quickly and I hate the Then for Than and vice versa, too.

Chrystal

The only one I don't get is "If you had a D you wouldn't deserve congratulations"?

I mean, all the others have some moderately humorous twist in them, but I just cant see that one...

Lyron

So does anyone not have a preference on what kind of event we might start with? Or should we not bother with one?

And does anyone have any preferences/ideas for the restaurant, club, or bar that they would like to share? I'll get those established tomorrow night so that they're ready to go, but they might turn out better if ideas are coming from more than one person, especially for the bar and club. I don't have much experience with those. xD

Quote from: GaGa88 on October 22, 2014, 08:23:17 PM
Stalker does look pretty good. I've been wanting to watch it, but I forgot about the premiere, and I haven't had much luck with watching it online. Is it pretty intense?

Quote from: Chrystal on October 23, 2014, 10:44:21 AM
Margaret looks good! :D

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

GaGa88

Quote from: Haru329 on October 23, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
Stalker does look pretty good. I've been wanting to watch it, but I forgot about the premiere, and I haven't had much luck with watching it online. Is it pretty intense?
It can get pretty damn intense. Next week, there are gonna be freaking clowns. Ugh.

Quote from: Chrystal on October 23, 2014, 05:22:03 PM
The only one I don't get is "If you had a D you wouldn't deserve congratulations"?

I mean, all the others have some moderately humorous twist in them, but I just cant see that one...

I don't really get that one, either, I've been trying to figure that out ever since I found it.

Chrystal

Quote from: Haru329 on October 23, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
So does anyone not have a preference on what kind of event we might start with? Or should we not bother with one?

I think starting off with an event is a good idea, however, you have effectively squidged the two most likely ones already. Halloween is almost upon us as you said, and will be over and gone by the time we really get posting. Xmas is perhaps a bit far away, but given that one day of game time can easily last six months, it isn't really that far.

Of course, the other option is Thanksgiving, that Great American family blow-out... Which as a Brit married to a Yank I do get to enjoy a little bit!

But again, it is both potentially too far away, and too close!

Speaking from experience of running games on E, you have to make a choice and stick with it. Because no matter what event you sett;le on, you run the risk of either putting people off because it's too far away, or having it be over and done with in reality before you have a chance to play it out. Real time runs anything up to a thousand times faster than game time and you, as GM have to be prepared to interrupt people's game play top move things forward. (Without waiting until the game is dead to do so, I learned that lesson the hard way!)

Your other option, in fact is to go further into the future or deliberately into the past. Have the event be 4th July or 14th Feb... In fact if you went for the latter you could have some build up with people buying valentines cards...

Or, you could have a fictional event. An autumn fair, an Oktoberfest, a "Thank goodness they've gone back to school at last" party!

Or even something not so nice, like a fire in one of the appartment blocks that brings everyone together...

Just some suggestions. If you want to go with an autumn or winter idea, be aware that by the time it has played out, it will be getting on for spring in the real world anyway!

QuoteAnd does anyone have any preferences/ideas for the restaurant, club, or bar that they would like to share? I'll get those established tomorrow night so that they're ready to go, but they might turn out better if ideas are coming from more than one person, especially for the bar and club. I don't have much experience with those. xD

I have to admit that my first idea for a character was kyboshed by the fact that someone already worked the restaurant... So long as it serves spicy food, Maggie will be happy! Maybe make it a tex-mex style diner?

No idea what that is... I don't think it's crossed the pond yet.

QuoteMargaret looks good! :D

Yay! I would like to flesh out her bio a bit, but I don't really know what to flesh it out with... I mean there's the obvious "Discovered she liked girls while at school" line, but does that even need to be there?

I've tried to imagine the sort of jobs she might have had, but honestly, I have no idea, other than the rather sad one I took out because it was depressing.
[/quote]

GaGa88

And I don't really have a preference on what kind of event to start everything off with. A block party could be fun,
though.

It could be an Italian restaurant or maybe just a good old fashioned all American diner, burgers and all that jazz.
I'm not so good with clubs and bars either, I know. Awesome help, right? Lol.

Chrystal

*chuckles*

You'll be more help than me, in this country we have pubs, not bars... a pub that serves food and has a couple of rooms to let is called an Inn.

Restaurants tend to be either part of a pub, hotel of Inn, or serve "foreign food" the most popular being Indian, Chinese, Italian, Thai, French, Greek, and American (not counting fast food places).

Clubs? Sheesh, the last time I went to a club I was 18. That was 32 years ago!

Hmm... actually how about having the bar be an Irish Pub?

An authentic American Irish Pub.

And a pub in Dublin...

(Note the lack of anything green!)

GaGa88

An Irish Pub sounds pretty cool.

If I wasn't on my phone and not watching AHS: Freak Show, I could be of more help. Pictures and whatnot.

Oh, and, I have to pick out a car for Isis. I'll add a picture and/or description later tonight.