Our Colorful Neighborhood (LGBT+, straight friendly | accepting 2F 3M 8T*)

Started by Lyron, September 21, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel Fire

Martina Ricci

Nicknames: Tina, Mari
Sex: Female
Birthday: August 8, 1988
Height: 5'7"
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Residence: TBD

Personality: At work, Martina is a no-nonsense type of boss.  She demands perfection in her meals and from her employees.  Sometimes she can be a little soft with her employees but they better have a valid reason for their mistakes.  Off of work, she is the relaxing type of girl who may take her work home with her but is more suited to make simple meals.  She can be a touch shy off of work but she has to remind herself that confidence can come away from work as well.

Bio: Martina is a second generation Italian/Portuguese American that was born near San Francisco.  Spending her childhood in the Bay Area, she developed her love of cooking from her Italian father and tried to be at the family restaurant as much as she could.  Her love of cooking was a blessing as she started to create recipes that her father was very proud of.  What her father was not proud of was the fact that she was gay.  He found out thr hard way when Martina and her girlfriend were caught in bed having sex by him unexpectedly when she was 17.

He subsequently kicked Martina out of his home... and that was when she had to fend for herself.  Borrowing money to secure a student loan, she decided to go to culinary school... but the catch was that the best school in the country was in Chicago.  Hitchhiking her way across the country, she finally made her way to Chicago about nine months later and spent the next four years in school and living in fear because of her sexuality.  Now, she is graduated and about ready to start her new business, "Ricci's Little Sicily" which she hopes will be the talk of the town.  Right now, she is spreading the word about het new restaurant and (hopefully) finding new friends or lovers along the way.

Likes: Cooking, Down to earth people,  Sweet candlelit dinners, photographs.
Dislikes: Snotty people, pickles, poorly drawn art, crowds.

Ons: Romance, cuddling, foreplay, kissing, short hair on women.
Offs: All of Martina's offs are mostly listed in my sig.  If you wish to know more, please ask.

Additional Details: Martina has a small tattoo of a red flower weaved around a fork and spoon on her right ankle.

Played By: Angel Fire

Hope that y'all like her!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Angel Fire

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

la dame en noir

Oh ho ho man...she's hot and she cooks?
My character might try to flirt with her a bit >.>
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Nico

Lyron

Yes, looks great! Do you still need to fill in Residence, or do you actually want to leave that blank for now?

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Angel Fire

@Haru: I'll leave it blank for now.  I am thinking of having Martina stay in hotels until she gets through the grand opening of her restaurant.

@GaGa and la dame: Love to get together with both of your girls!  Can't wait to see what y'all have in mind *Smiles in anticipation*.  Please PM me if any of you have any ideas.

@Nicholas: Love to see him at the grand opening... whenever that may be!

Lyron

Quote from: Angel Fire on January 19, 2015, 07:30:53 AM
Okay, Martina's profile is up. Whenever you want it up in the IC, go ahead and give me the info for the restaurant. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Angel Fire

Thanks Haru!  I'll see if I can get the restaurant info when I get home tonight.

ForestMagi

Hi, all.

Forgive me if I'm intruding, but I've sort of been spending the last two days stalking this roleplay and making a character for it. It says you're still accepting, so now that I've finished him, he's being submitted here for group approval. His personality blurb feels rather lacking to how I envision him, but I'm not sure what else to put there or what to cut so it doesn't go on for another three paragraphs. For the bio, though I also feel like it's fairly bare, I'm not sure how much more detail I want to put in, or what I would cut to keep it a reasonable length.

I'm open to criticism and suggestions for improving him, so long as you're rather specific about what it is that should be changed and offer a push in the preferred direction (more detail/clarity, more pronounced flaws, etc.). I did as much as I could without forcing relationships and such on anyone else's characters, but plotting backstory between him and your character(s) is something I'm totally open to doing.

Um, as far as availability and activity goes, I'll reply basically as soon as I can; I work at 5am MST Monday-Friday, so the bulk of my reply time will be in the afternoon and early evening.

Anyway, that's my "tossing my hat in the ring" spiel, and the character I developed is below.

==============================================================

Damon Valentine Millican

Nicknames: He prefers his actual name, but he's not going to stop someone from giving him a nickname if they want to.
Sex: Cis-Male
Birthday: March 23rd, 1990
Height: 5'9"
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Occupation: Trust-fund baby, but works the closing shift at Lustful Minds Monday-Thursday so he can at least pretend he doesn't have to rely on his parents.
Residence: Parker Commons 104

Appearance Details: Has five piercings in his right ear, and a small birthmark that looks vaguely like an oak leaf just below his left shoulder blade. No immediately identifying scars, but he's got about as many as the average person.

Personality: Damon is known for two things among his family and friends: the relaxed pace at which he goes through life, and the sometimes eerie precision with which he assesses people; not only the broad sort of person they are, which he finds trivially easy, but over time also their thought patterns and emotional states. People he's just met tend to think he's either naive and flighty or overly critical of everyone around him; in reality, he's just prudent to a sometimes ridiculous degree. Things don't bother him because he's constantly prepared for the worst, and he sounds critical because he wants others to do the same in whatever way is best for them.

When he's not sounding like a nosy critic, he's quite introverted and soft-spoken, but he'll happily talk at length with just about anyone about just about anything. He finds a lot of enjoyment in reading new studies and learning about new technology, and dabbles in enough other topics to not sound like a total fool should they arise. He does have a rather bad habit of simply dumping all of the information he knows about a topic on people, but he's happy to listen when other people do the same to him, so he rarely feels bad about it.

As a final note on his personality, he often talks to himself and gets lost in daydreams easily; while he's not totally unreliable and has a good memory for conversations and numbers, he's incredibly scatterbrained and relies heavily on his cell phone's scheduling app to make sure he's where he needs to be when he needs to be there, and that all his bills are paid on time. He also hauls a messenger bag nearly everywhere he goes like it's a safety blanket, and it's usually packed with just about everything you'd expect an excessively prudent person to have: deodorant, cologne, full change of clothes, daily planner, lip balm, facial tissue, and spare change. He also stashes a small pharmacy of over-the-counter medicine in there, from aspirin to cough syrup to multivitamins, though even he admits this is rather extreme.

Bio: Damon's childhood is the epitome of what you'd expect from a single child of rich parents; he was raised by a nanny, and catered to in the extreme. Everything from meals to toys to bedtime, if he asked for it, he got it. It turned him into quite the spoiled brat for many years, until he was around 10; that was the year the spoiling ground to a halt. The nanny he'd grown up with and was homeschooled by was let go, and his parents attempted to be more hands-on with him; the change caused intense withdrawal on Damon's part, as though he obviously knew his parents and knew he was loved by them, the sudden intrusion into his life felt like a massive breach of trust, and he was basically silent in their presence for several months while he adjusted to them. It was during this time his prosopagnosia was formally diagnosed; when they tried to rehire his previous nanny at reduced hours to ease the transition, Damon refused to let her near him simply because he didn't recognize her new perfume.

After the near-failure of the parental bonding, Damon was sent to a private school; he had a great deal of difficulty adjusting and making friends (as he expected), and this rather cemented his introverted and prudent nature. He had to plan every day around figuring out who was who once he reached school, and most days it was too difficult to do much beyond the planning stage; it was during this time that he trained himself to recognize people by their voices. It got even easier once he reached high school and the rules around uniforms were slightly more relaxed, as the personal flair everyone put on their uniform made it much easier for him to recognize people. He, of course, didn't alter his uniform at all, as he saw no reason to; he still had some spoiled brat tendencies, and pretended that everyone else modified their uniform so he could tell them apart. He made a few very close friends in the last two years of high school, but now he rarely hears from them aside from the occasional email.

After high school, he avoided university and college, despite his parents' protests. He felt no desire to continue dealing with school and the problems it presented  to him, and couched his refusal to go as "needing to find himself". It was simple and effective lie, and one which convinced his parents to let him move out on his own... Sort of. He moved to Parker Commons almost right away, and even 5 years down the line his parents still pay his rent. He got a job at Lustful Minds shortly after moving in, though he told his parents he works in a call center to avoid any disapproval they might have towards his actual job.

Likes: Audiobooks, animals, musical theatre, board games, video games with distinct character costumes, cooking and baking, karaoke, jigsaw puzzles, and swimming.
Dislikes: Pulling all-nighters, implied redundancies ("ATM machine", "PIN number", etc.), large crowds, pretty much anything to do with portrait photography, wearing hats, and excessively confrontational people.

Ons and Offs: Damon's tried just about everything there is to try, so suggesting even outlandish things probably won't faze him, but he may still turn you down if he doesn't trust you enough. ((Basically, I, and by extension Damon, have so few offs that you're pretty much fine suggesting whatever you're comfortable with, and as long as Damon would trust the character presenting that suggestion enough to do it, I'll go along with it. If I'm somehow uncomfortable with something, I'll deal with it IC and toss you a PM afterwards. :-) ))

Additional Details: Damon has congenital prosopagnosia, and doesn't recognize people (including himself) by their faces; instead, he trained himself to recognize people by their voices instead, and as a result has excellent echoic memory. If he's really close with someone, he may also recognize them by their preferred perfume or cologne.

He's 'adopted' a squirrel that lives near Parker Commons; he brings food for it when he goes to relax outside, and it's even let him hand-feed it a couple of times. He calls it Anthony, but he's pretty sure it prefers being called Pennywise.

Played By: ForestMagi

Lyron

Damon looks great. :D If you want to add more detail to his personality or bio, by all means go for it, but I'd say he's ready to go up in the character thread.

And I'd be up for plotting with either Jason and/or Zach if you'd be interested.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Haru329 on January 22, 2015, 05:29:20 PM
And I'd be up for plotting with either Jason and/or Zach if you'd be interested.

Same goes for me! I have Tanner and Antonio available for plotting, too.

ForestMagi

Just a quick post from my phone while I'm on break at work to let you know I'm not ignoring anyone, I just didn't get enough time yesterday to write anything for plotting purposes. I've got another 6 hours before I can hunker down and do so, but I'll hopefully have PMs fired off within an hour or two after work.

Side note, I have a party tonight, so I may not be able to reply after 8 pm MST, but I will probably check in quickly periodically.

Hope you all have a good day. :-)

Elf

Okay after checking this out a few times and playing with a couple other players here I have finally decided to see about joining in the fun here, if you are still accepting new players.

My muse has fixated on a primarily hetero tattoo artist. As such I will looking to open a tattoo studio. It will start out as MC being the sole owner and employee and will be working by appointment only. If this is acceptable I will proceed with the full character and business creation. I'm thinking he will be in his mid thirties and be an excon.

Thanks to NowhereWoman & GaGa88 to pushing me past mild interest, seeking to join.

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Elf

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 28, 2015, 12:28:04 PM
Ryder will be ALL over that! moar Inke!

I'm glad, but to be perfectly honest I have thus far only skimmed over the approved characters so was not thinking hitting anybodies specific ON's. It just looks like a tattoo artist is needed in the game and my muse started running with it. Already have much of his history running through my head.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Elf on January 28, 2015, 12:25:27 PM
Okay after checking this out a few times and playing with a couple other players here I have finally decided to see about joining in the fun here, if you are still accepting new players.

My muse has fixated on a primarily hetero tattoo artist. As such I will looking to open a tattoo studio. It will start out as MC being the sole owner and employee and will be working by appointment only. If this is acceptable I will proceed with the full character and business creation. I'm thinking he will be in his mid thirties and be an excon.

Thanks to NowhereWoman & GaGa88 to pushing me past mild interest, seeking to join.

Yay!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Elf

Lyron

Sounds good, Elf. Go ahead and start on the character sheet. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Elf

Quote from: Haru329 on January 29, 2015, 11:17:16 AM
Sounds good, Elf. Go ahead and start on the character sheet. :-)

Awesome! Thank you.

It's been kinda hectic this morning, I will have work on that tomorrow morning.

Letrixia

Dennise Matthews

Nicknames: Dany, Matty
Sex: Transgender (MtF)
Birthday: July 18th
Height: 5'9"
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Residence: No idea (you guys pick!)

Appearance Details: She is a man that began her transformation against her will to a female then stuck there. Her breasts are starting to form going on to a B cup, her penis is 7 inches when erect. To a person that does not know she is a full on female.

Personality: She is a firecracker she knows how to have fun and is not afraid to go get it. She can be the friendliest person you know however ask her about her past and she will retract into a protective shell in her own mind and change the subject, keep insisting? She will just walk away. She has come to terms with her predicament and fully embraces it now which wasn't the case awhile ago. She loves to have fun weather that means hanging around and being silly or just having some kinky fun.

Bio:

She was born and raised into a family that had only males even though her parents always wanted a girl. They accepted every male because there was no way they could ever pass as a female however with Danny things were different. She began growing up and some people even  mistook her for a girl a couple of times, she had the looks to make a great female and their parents wanted that to happen. One day however  things turn for the ugly, and something happened that would change her life.

When she turned sixteen her parents began drugging her in her food without her knowing and forced her to have a strict diet. The drugs were pills to make her breasts grow and her voice change, adams apple slowly began to shrink giving her a more of a girl voice. She didn't began to grow muscle and on the contrary began getting weaker and her hair began to get longer. Finally when she found out about the predicament she was shocked and furious.

She tried going to the police but their connections were extensive so they just got a slap on the wrists. After that everything changed, they threw away her male clothing and began forcing her to wear female clothing, they continued to force her the pills on the food and to make her appear as much as a girl as they could. Before she knew it she could not even tell that she was born a male aside from the penis between her legs.

After awhile she began to grow used to it, people began being kinder to her thinking that she was a girl. When she turned 18 she quickly moved out of her parents place and began studying under the name Denisse. She knew that nobody would believe her story so she just tried her best to not think about it and just live her live as a girl. Graduating with honors from Law she moved to a quiet place trying to start a new life and hoping that people would accept her for who she was.

Dislikes: Rudeness, Gross things, asking about her past, Snakes

Ons://Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=212189.0

Additional Details: She would hate talking about her past, she could turn very depressed and sad when that happens.

Played By: Letrixia

[I know her bio is a bit dark but I liked it that way, it will not bring trouble I guarantee it]

Elf

Lyron

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.