Our Colorful Neighborhood (LGBT+, straight friendly | accepting 2F 3M 8T*)

Started by Lyron, September 21, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

la dame en noir

Olivia Rian Carter

Nicknames: Ri Ri
Sex: Female
Birthday: October 25th, 1989
Height: 5 feet 5 inches
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual - leans towards women mostly.
Residence: Parker Commons - Appt #:  205

Appearance Details: Olivia has four tattoos - a chinese dragon wrapped down her left leg, zelda tri-force across her chest, musical staff down her right arm, and a small panda on the left side of her neck. She spots the septum facial piercing, as well as having both her nipples pierced.

Personality: Olivia is a very out-going individual with a lot of interests and hobbies. She's a night owl and is found the most active when the sky is at its darkest. She loves to dance and can often be located at a bar or club given an outstanding burlesque dance. Olivia is also very flirtatious and somewhat of a romantic. She has yet to find or settle down with someone and prefers to have casual encounters. However, this does not change the fact that she is a very down-to-earth and loving friend. She likes to listen and loves when people seek her for advice or help. More often than not, Olivia can be quite sarcastic and goofy and likes the finer things in life. This however does not mean that shes a snob in any way. Drama is a theme that does not show up in her life very often and she prefers to keep it that way.

Bio: Olivia was born October 25th, 1989 in San Francisco, California to a rather carefree household. Unlike a majority of the children she grew up with, her parents did not baby her and were never afraid to answer any questions she had out of curiosity. Olivia frequented the gay pride parade with her mother every year and because of this, she was always open with herself as person and with her sexuality. She first discovered her immediate attraction to women when she was in her dance class. At the time, Olivia was only fourteen years old and had never had any sexual encounter with man or woman. One of her very close friends was always helping her and very flirtatious with her. When Olivia started to harbor feelings for the girl, she was confused at her friends playfulness. Fortunately for her, the girl was very open-minded and did not let it phase her when Olivia confessed an attraction to her. The girl and Olivia had their first sexual experience together later that evening when they left dance class.

In school, Olivia was very detail oriented - but also the class clown. It often flabbergasted her teachers at how incredible smart she was for being so goofy. Olivia graduated highschool at the top 5% of her class and went onto study Dance and Computer Science in college. By the age of twenty-two, she gradated with a Master's in Computer Science and a minor in Dance education. Once she left school, Olivia was lost at what to do with her life as a whole. Still loving dance to this very day, she made a small - but profitable career- out of burlesque dancing. Her career took off and brought her to Chicago where she is now active as a dancer and hopefully one day she can find something to do with her computer degree.

Likes: Cooking, Reading - Collecting Comics, Dancing, Flings, Video Games, and Traveling
Dislikes: Animal abusers, loud noises while trying to relax/rest, burnt food, those who can't hold an intellectual conversation

Ons & Offs: Click Here :D

Additional Details: Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don't want to add anything.

Played By: la dame en noir
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Haru329 on January 08, 2015, 07:37:51 PM
Man, those eyes.

They both look great so far. :-)

And I finally got around to listing rooms for The Kensington, so you can pick one for Tanner.

As for ideas, can't say I have any for Tanner just yet, except for maybe Jason answering a call on a break-in at the store or something. Other ideas might come later.

Jason and Zach go to the gym regularly, so at the very least, Antonio has probably seen them there.

Zach can be a pretty friendly guy, but it takes time for him to unthaw to that point. Antonio's personality might help with that, if they have talked/were to talk, but at the same time, I get the feeling Zach might see him as someone who's harder to trust. He could have hired him as a personal trainer, if you'd like, something past, present, or future. He might have tried making a pass on him once.

Jason is a little more sociable than Zach, but he is less fun and more judgmental, and since Antonio can't drive, didn't graduate high school, and he's an exotic dancer, Jason might judge just a little if he were to ever learn about those facts. XD And it wouldn't be a good idea for Antonio to solicit to him, lol.

These sound like some great options! Let me get my bios drafted up and if these connections make sense, I'll work them in. I like the idea of Zach and Antonio becoming friends. I can easily see them being workout buddies and playing video games until all hours of the night. Also, I really like the idea of playing up the tension between Jason and Antonio. Could make for some interesting rp.

Oh, and, AzaraelLawless, there's more than enough of Antonio to go around. Matty better share!

Lyron

Noir, profile looks good. The only thing is that if you want Olivia to be a waitress, I'd have to ask that you switch to The Dinner Table instead.

Other than that, if the profile's done you're welcome to post. :D And I'll move the profile to the thread when I'm back home.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

GaGa88

Well, Sinfully Sweet is a bakery/coffee shop in the mornings so if you'd like, Isis would love to have Olivia as a waitress, la dame en noir. :)

Nowherewoman

Ooooh, another sleep-deprived crazy!  She and Eiryn will hit it off. Or kill each other...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Nico

I think I might have found pictures for a character. Just need to develop a nice concept.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Nico

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 09, 2015, 02:23:18 PM
Is it evil that my first reaction was biker hustler? :D
I don't know why it should be evil.

But, he will be politician, this much I have figured already. Maybe a Lawyer with political ambitions. Not decided, yet.

GaGa88

la dame en noir

Quote from: GaGa88 on January 09, 2015, 12:16:09 PM
Well, Sinfully Sweet is a bakery/coffee shop in the mornings so if you'd like, Isis would love to have Olivia as a waitress, la dame en noir. :)
I think thats where i'll have her work then :)
A&A | FxF |

Lyron

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 09, 2015, 03:21:05 PM

Olivia's profile is up now. :-)

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 09, 2015, 06:24:56 AM
These sound like some great options! Let me get my bios drafted up and if these connections make sense, I'll work them in. I like the idea of Zach and Antonio becoming friends. I can easily see them being workout buddies and playing video games until all hours of the night. Also, I really like the idea of playing up the tension between Jason and Antonio. Could make for some interesting rp.

Oh, and, AzaraelLawless, there's more than enough of Antonio to go around. Matty better share!

Awesome. Yeah, there could be some pretty good conflict between Jason and Antonio.

If you want to discuss anything further after your bios, just let me know. :-)

Quote from: Nicholas on January 09, 2015, 02:37:58 PM
What Gaga said. Can't wait to see him. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Nicholas on January 09, 2015, 02:13:00 PM
I think I might have found pictures for a character. Just need to develop a nice concept.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Damn. Nice choice, Nicholas. Very nice indeed.

GaGa88

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 09, 2015, 03:21:05 PM
I think thats where i'll have her work then :)

Yay! I think Isis and Olivia would get along well. She can be a very generous boss.

Nowherewoman

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Nico

Will keep working on it as the muse strikes.

Work in progress
Miguel Fernando Ángel Del Bosque

Nicknames: none. (His friends generally call him either Miguel or Ángel)
Sex: Cis-Male
Birthday: Oct. 16th
Height: 6'1
Sexual Orientation: Openly Homosexual (For erotica M/M only, everything else is fair game.)
Occupation: Attorney at Law (specializes in Hate Crimes, Discrimination, etc), active politician at the local Democrat party, advocates LGBTQ-rights, Transgender acceptance, fights for equality;
Residence: The Kensington [Apartment 201]

Appearance Details:
Some more visuals & information

• Hair colour: Dark brown
  • Eye colour: Brown
  • Religion: Christian/Catholic
  • Political party: Democrats - Left wing
  • No piercings
  • No tattoos
  • Has a scar (approx.. 3 inches) on his right, lower back

Personality: Miguel is a generally outgoing, positive and optimistic person, with the rather typical hotblooded temper many of his fellow countrymen -his parents immigrated from Spain years before he was born- share. He is a reasonable, intelligent and mature man, graced with quite an amount of patience and humour. He is educated and well-spoken, now and then known to throw in a word or phrase in Spanish (Miguel was raised bilingual). He does have an accent at times, especially when he is passionate about something - a speech, in court now and then, etc.

He has a rather low aggression potential. He does have a temper here and there, but he isn't an overly aggressive person. He values the power of the word, over letting his fists speak for him. Generally, he sees violence as acts of weakness and helplessness. It takes a lot, to provoke him or get him into a sour mood. Despite his dislike for injustice it rarely manages to get him angry. Anger is something he tries to turn into something more productive. If asked, he will provide his honest opinion, regardless if others like it or not. Being overcautious just for the sake of it, isn't something Miguel does a lot. He is of the opinion that mature people should be capable of accepting other peoples opinions without taking everything personal. He is diplomatic, though, and wouldn't purposefully try to 'rub people the wrong way', if it can be avoided, but certain things simply need to be spoken out as they are.

He is not flaunting his sexual preference, neither does he rub it into everyones face. People that know him, know what he likes, and if asked, he would be straight forward about it. He never made a secret about his homosexuality,  but it is nothing he defines himself over. It is as much a part of himself as is his liking for vegan food.

Bio: Born as second of three children in Los Angeles/California, Miguel was raised in a middle class, catholic household. His mother a teacher in an undergrad school, his father working as interpreter for the LAPD. From a very young age, Miguel already had a strong sense for justice, probably because of the way he was taught by his parents. Standing up for others, having an own opinion, being faithful and confident in ones talents and given skills, maintaining a certain degree of humility - were just some of the many values his parents made sure their children learned. 

After having finished High School, Miguel went to Yale, having decided to be a lawyer one day. It was his passion, by then, and it was what he wanted, and his parents supported him in his plans for his own future. He always had been a hard worker, stubborn enough to go his own way and not stop when there would be difficulties or one or the other blowback. Those happened - and he quickly learned to see them as challenge to try again, make it better and succeed, in the end. He had his failures, and he had his disappointments, in his school career and his private life alike. He had to repeat one course, after a not-so-very pleasant breakup from his first serious boyfriend when he was twenty. Miguel came out when he was eighteen, to himself, to his friends and to his family. It had been a troubled period in his life, mostly for himself, but even that passed and it taught him many important lessons. Lessons that only fortified his beliefs and his choice of profession.

Graduating from Yale when he was twenty-four, opened many doors for the young, full-fledged lawyer, and he soon found a position in a Law Firm in Chicago. It was a new city for Miguel, and he was more than up for that challenge. The young man always was up for new challenges, and thus, he accepted the position and moved to Chicago several years ago.

But - very soon, the young man discovered another passion: The one for politics. Having been involved in one or the other student association back in Yale had inspired it already, and after he met a member of the local Democrat party during a case he had taken, Miguel decided to involve himself there as well. There was no question - he would fight against injustice and for equality there as well, and his education as lawyer only could be an advantage in the political field. Miguel is part of the Left-Wing Democrats in Chicago, trying to be the voice for those that are too afraid, too repressed to speak for themselves. In the past two and a half years, Miguel had made sure to be heard, even by those that didn't want to hear the truth that needed to be spoken out. He has, no doubt, one or the other opponent, especially from conservative, right-wing parties, but those merely strengthen Miguel, in his desire to fight for equality and the enforcement of Human Rights. It always had helped and encourged him that he as well was victim of one or the other attempt of discrimination in the past (mostly during his High School years) - may it be because of his heritage, or his sexual preference. As long as there is discrimination and injustice, there will be voices like Miguel's and his fellow campaigners, in their tasks to fight on and not give up.

• Jogging and swimming
  • Winning a case in the courtroom
  • Educating the ignorant
  • Low-carb food
  • Old cars
  • Dressing casual outside of the courtroom
  • Confidence and intelligence
  • Dancing (Tango, Samba, basically everything ballroom)
  • Football (Soccer), Baseball and car races
  • Lazy Sundays
  • Men who know who they are and are confident in themselves
  • Fruit salad and vegan ice cream
  • Intelligent conversation
  • Literature and Contemporary Art
Dislikes:
  • Narrowminded, intolerant people
  • Violence
  • Injustice and dishonesty
  • Subservience
  • People that talk and say nothing
  • Manipulative personalities
  • People without self respect
  • Shaving daily
  • Fast food and meat
  • Discrimination based on race, heritage, gender, sexual preference, religion, etc;
  • One night stands, pointless hookups
  • Unprotected sex
  • Over-the-top pierced/tattoed/muscled men. A bit is nice, too much... is not.
  • Flavoured coffee

Ons & Offs: Please read my O/O thread. If you have an idea, let me know, by all means. Worst that can happen? Me saying nope.

Additional Details: People might or might not know him, based on how an individual follows local News or politics in general. Has been interviewed a couple of times in the recent past, for one or the other LGBTQA oriented magazine/online column, etc. There probably was one or the other article in the newspaper, when there was a case that would have gathered some attention from the public (probably one or the other hate crime that had happened, discrimination at work, etc.)

• Is a vegan
  • Is allergic to wasps and aspirin
  • His favourite designers for formal wear are Versace, Paco Rabanne and Óscar de la Renta
  • Likes Armani and D&G for the more casual clothes
  • Loves Spanish and French cuisine
  • Speaks Spanish (native), English (native), some Italian and French (enough for a casual conversation)

Written By: Nicholas

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Nicholas on January 10, 2015, 09:00:18 AM

Additional Details: People might or might not know him, based on how an individual follows local News or politics in general. Has been interviewed a couple of times in the recent past, for one or the other LGBTQA oriented magazine/online column, etc.

Written By: Nicholas[/q]

If he's done work outside the legal system- organizational fundraisers, that sort of thing- he and Eiryn likely have crossed paths, at least.  While she doesn't volunteer her stuff, since it's so outrè, if she's asked, she's been known to donate art and time to outfits like HRC.

Nico

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 10, 2015, 09:33:23 AM
Quote from: Nicholas on January 10, 2015, 09:00:18 AM

Additional Details: People might or might not know him, based on how an individual follows local News or politics in general. Has been interviewed a couple of times in the recent past, for one or the other LGBTQA oriented magazine/online column, etc.

Written By: Nicholas[/q]

If he's done work outside the legal system- organizational fundraisers, that sort of thing- he and Eiryn likely have crossed paths, at least.  While she doesn't volunteer her stuff, since it's so outrè, if she's asked, she's been known to donate art and time to outfits like HRC.
Forgive my ignorance but.. what is HRC?

Twisted iN Tux

Human Rights Campaign. Anytime you see that yellow and blue equals sign bumper sticker on a car it usually means that person is a member or a supporter.

Btw, I had hoped to get my guys done last night, but life got in the way. That said, I have all day tomorrow to play around! Woot!

Nico

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 10, 2015, 10:11:16 AM
Human Rights Campaign. Anytime you see that yellow and blue equals sign bumper sticker on a car it usually means that person is a member or a supporter.

Ah, okay, thank you. I was not familiar with that abbrevation.

Lyron

Quote from: Nicholas on January 10, 2015, 10:26:15 AM
Profile looks great so far!

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 10, 2015, 10:11:16 AM
Btw, I had hoped to get my guys done last night, but life got in the way. That said, I have all day tomorrow to play around! Woot!
No worries!

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 09, 2015, 07:36:23 PM
Fantastic! I'm excited to start, just not sure where lol.
If it helps, Zach is tentatively free. There might be others who are open for interaction, and if not, I could probably send an NPC your way. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Elzith

If you're still after a few more people, I'd love to set a character up :)

Lyron

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.